Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anti-Ascendeds (spoilers/speculation for season 9 baddie)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-Ascendeds (spoilers/speculation for season 9 baddie)

ok so i had this idea tonight. we've been hearing about a new baddie for season nine. what if it were like an anti-ascended. an ascended or group of ascended witht the opposite philosophy of the Others. ascendeds that like to use their powers to interfere with the corporeal plain. i see a whole war between factions of ascendeds with this level as the battle field and us having to chooose a side. what does everyone think?

Actually, LPR already presentted that idea. He just never followed through.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...rgate+Infinity

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
      Actually, LPR already presentted that idea. He just never followed through.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...rgate+Infinity
      thats cool but does anyone think this may be a possibility for season 9?

Comment

That’s an interesting idea it could explain few things why the ancients don’t like to interfere in coprole matters and the image of ancients as a perfect united race will be proved to be false. They are no different from us they have the same problems as us.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

No, it would just be boring since it would ridicule every ancient episode up to date. Esp when you take Teal'cs ridiculous claim about christianity in Demons (308) into consideration. I hope they leave the ancients as they are...
          "Om skovelefanter, næsehorn, urokser, mammutter og kæmpehjorte"

Comment

Originally posted by 320rwekfpl
            Esp when you take Teal'cs ridiculous claim about christianity in Demons (308) into consideration.
            What are you referring to, exactly?

Personally I think it's a creative idea but I doubt that it will ever happen.

Comment

In the beginning of the episode "Demons" (s3e8), Daniel states that the planet they are visiting seems to be on a medival level of development. In the following discussion Teal'c, who supposedly read the bible (which he cannot have if you look at the comment he makes), makes the claim that no Goa'uld would be able to impersionate the christian god:

Sam: Looks like a church
              O'Neill: And that would mean what?
              Tea'c: That it is most likely christians who resides here, O'Neill
              O'Neill: Thank you Teal'c
              Sam: This is the first sign of christianity that we've ever encountered in hundreds of worlds, sir
              Daniel: Which means that they've probably been taken from medival Europe through the Antartic gate.
              Teal'c: By which Goa'uld?
              Daniel: That's a good question
              Daniel: Most Goa'uld that enslaved humans took on the roles of those cultures deities
              Ra, Apophis, Hathor...
              O'Neill: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we got it.
              Daniel: If they were Christians when they left Europe, it suggests that this Gou'ald is playing...
              O'Neill: God, as in god god? It's a bit of a stretch, don't you think?
              Teal'c (stupid and ignorant comment): I know of no Gou'ald capable of showing the benevolence that I've read of in you're bible.
              O'Neill: You read the bible Teal'c? (I would like to ask the scriptwriters the same question...)

Later on they find out the it was an Unas sent out by Sokar impersonating a demon... yada, yada...

Anyway... If the scriptwriters hands were tied concering the bible... Why bring it up? And yes, my comment in the post is wrong in the meaning that I claim that Teal'c makes an comment concerning christianity...
              Last edited by 320rwekfpl; 30 January 2005, 08:57 AM. Reason: spelling error
              "Om skovelefanter, næsehorn, urokser, mammutter og kæmpehjorte"

Comment

It works on one level, while it doesn't on another. It's definetly not the most rediculous thing we've ever seen in Stargate.

Comment

The only problem with this is where sg-1 will play a role. The ascended ancients can wipe out entire races just like that if they wanted to so there would be nothing sg-1 could do to stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                    The only problem with this is where sg-1 will play a role. The ascended ancients can wipe out entire races just like that if they wanted to so there would be nothing sg-1 could do to stop them.
                    well when orlin (that was his name right?) said that he said the Others did that, not any one ascended, so maybe there is a limit to their powers by themselves, like just maybe the weather control or something.

Comment

Teal'c (stupid and ignorant comment): I know of no Gou'ald capable of showing the benevolence that I've read of in you're bible.
                      Why exactly do you take the comment to be stupid? I suppose Teal'c just glanced through the Bible, yet this was enough for him to get the picture. I think his comment was rather ironic, ridiculing the false gods.

Comment

No, it would just be boring since it would ridicule every ancient episode up to date. Esp when you take Teal'cs ridiculous claim about christianity in Demons (308) into consideration. I hope they leave the ancients as they are...
                        how would it ridicule every ancient epsiode to date? it would explain why they are so adamant about not interfering. and what does it have to do with teal'c in demons? his comment was based on what he read in the bible, what does that have to do with anything?

Comment

Is it not possible that a rouge assended ancient took the people of that planet and put them there, but the others stoped him before he could do anything to them but the others couldnt put them back on the planet because the people would have to many questions, plus they didnt want to interfear any more.
                          or that a goauld put them there on the planet but an assended interfeared and drove the goauld away causing the ancients/others to abandon the people of the planet.
                          also the reason the goauld havent gone there in full force is because they fear the ancients return to the planet.

feel free to pick apart, just typin what i think!
                          i could realy go for a sandwich...

Comment

Originally posted by airfro
                            Is it not possible that a rouge assended ancient took the people of that planet and put them there, but the others stoped him before he could do anything to them but the others couldnt put them back on the planet because the people would have to many questions, plus they didnt want to interfear any more.
                            or that a goauld put them there on the planet but an assended interfeared and drove the goauld away causing the ancients/others to abandon the people of the planet.
                            also the reason the goauld havent gone there in full force is because they fear the ancients return to the planet.

feel free to pick apart, just typin what i think!
                            i could realy go for a sandwich...
                            wow that is quite hard to follow....

Comment

I don't think that it's possible. i mean they have said that Oma is an outcast because she feels it's the ancients' duty to help others ascend. We learned that Orlin helped a world defend themselves from the gou'ld and that world was wiped out because of it. spoilers for atlantis: in sanctuary, chaya destroyed an entire wraith fleet with a single though. so it's understood that one ascended ancient would whipe out pretty much anything.

so IF they wanted to make a war on something or someone they would win. but a war within themselves wouldn't fit. if a galactic war between different ancients wouldn't involve sg-1 too much, so i don't think that would work. they ascended to save themselves from the plague. now when one ascended tries to help someone, "the other" stop them. so this implies that they are pretty much in line with each other in the non-interferring. with some exceptiong (oma, etc...) also daniel says in full circle that he has never seen "the others", so where are they? we also don't know what is the purpose of ascending. what do you do? IS there anything to do? I hope they discuss this in season 9.....very interesting....

Comment

Working...
                              X