Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terra Nova - The True Purpose of Terra Nova.(S1 Spoilers/Spec)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terra Nova - The True Purpose of Terra Nova.(S1 Spoilers/Spec)

it hit me. like a brick. no an anvil.

what is this purpose of Terra Nova Mira talks about? i think i know it. it was hinted at in the very first episode.

remember when Taylor said that he was the first man, but the second did not show up untill 118 days or so later?

this means time is not 100% synchronous between 2149 and Terra Nova. it would be almost stupid if it was, since messing about with the Time Hole would directly mean messing about with the time link itself. since messing about with the time hole already happens when they open it up, this means that at any time you could alter time.

this is one way, and it very likely is an engineering issue rather than a physics one.

so the purpose of Terra Nova: send people back in time, and then back to a future or past in the 2149 timeline.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

what is this purpose of Terra Nova Mira talks about? i think i know it. it was hinted at in the very first episode.

remember when Taylor said that he was the first man, but the second did not show up untill 118 days or so later?

this means time is not 100% synchronous between 2149 and Terra Nova. it would be almost stupid if it was, since messing about with the Time Hole would directly mean messing about with the time link itself. since messing about with the time hole already happens when they open it up, this means that at any time you could alter time.

this is one way, and it very likely is an engineering issue rather than a physics one.

so the purpose of Terra Nova: send people back in time, and then back to a future or past in the 2149 timeline.
    To what end?

It could be a possibility...but other than this one piece of evidence that's been sited...we have no proof. But it is an interesting theory.
    sigpic

Comment

to control the future and past?

Comment

Interesting theory, but it's a different timeline. We know from the pilot that utilizing the time portal created an alternate timeline that everyone sent back to Terra Nova lives in; they and 2149 live in entirely separate realities.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

but they're connected.via the Time Hole

Comment

but they're connected.via the Time Hole
            connected to another place

Comment

but that time hole. connects back.

Comment

to control the future and past?
                IMHO...to do that...I think there would have to be two way travel.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  IMHO...to do that...I think there would have to be two way travel.
                  It would just be a matter of opening the portal back to 2149 from 85m BC. And that could be the purpose of the box mira sent the girl to. Remember the quary? They could be contructing an underground portal back to 2149..., to ludricus yes, but the thought stays thou.
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                    It would just be a matter of opening the portal back to 2149 from 85m BC. And that could be the purpose of the box mira sent the girl to. Remember the quary? They could be contructing an underground portal back to 2149..., to ludricus yes, but the thought stays thou.
                    Interesting theories...and I see how they could play out. However, I don't think they would control the future if its an alternate timeline.
                    sigpic

Comment

It is quite possible they are lying about Terra Nova being an alternate earth. If this were the case the future could basically "order" something and the Terra Nova folks could deposit stuff (ore, minerals, etc.) somewhere they could be easily retrieved. The conflict may be that Taylor doesn't want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                        It is quite possible they are lying about Terra Nova being an alternate earth. If this were the case the future could basically "order" something and the Terra Nova folks could deposit stuff (ore, minerals, etc.) somewhere they could be easily retrieved. The conflict may be that Taylor doesn't want to play.
                        Or it could mean that they ultimately failed and they don't want the future to know.

Comment

or the other way round, 2149 knows that Terra Nova get's destroyed/failed somehow but doesn't want to tell them they're wasting their time building a new future so they use the excuse of an alternative timestream.

My bet's still is that they are in an parallel universe, perhaps one running that never saw humans develop - so far I've seen nothing to support the time travel answer, other than there are dinosaurs there (maybe the extinction event never occurred in this universe?).

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            or the other way round, 2149 knows that Terra Nova get's destroyed/failed somehow but doesn't want to tell them they're wasting their time building a new future so they use the excuse of an alternative timestream.

My bet's still is that they are in an parallel universe, perhaps one running that never saw humans develop - so far I've seen nothing to support the time travel answer, other than there are dinosaurs there (maybe the extinction event never occurred in this universe?).
                            The show did establish that they traveled back in time to an alternate Earth. Beyond that...everything is speculation.
                            sigpic

Comment

Speculating is half the fun, isn't it?
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X