Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terra Nova - The Box (Spoilers for The Runaway)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terra Nova - The Box (Spoilers for The Runaway)

after watching The Runaway, i was wondering 2 things:

-what's inside the box

-why don't they replicate the box (they can easily synth some look-alike), add in a tracer and send it to the Sixes to find their hideout?

Without knowing what's in it, what mechanism opens it, or even being able to open it (I find that part ridiculous, do they not have a single blowtorch?), it would be trivially easy for Mira to verify its authenticity or lack thereof.

Comment

If it's synthetic, then I'm not sure what it is. It looks artificial, so I don't think it's from the past. But the Terra Novan scientists had clearly never seen anything like it, which has me wondering if it's technology more advanced than that in 2149. A friend and I's theory is that it may be from the new timeline's future (seeing as they created an alternate timeline by going back in time). Maybe the future isn't as rosy as they think it'll be, so humanity's decided to use their portal to try to tamper with the past just the humanity originally did. That would explain advanced tech that our guys haven't seen.
      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Without knowing what's in it, what mechanism opens it, or even being able to open it (I find that part ridiculous, do they not have a single blowtorch?), it would be trivially easy for Mira to verify its authenticity or lack thereof.
        so? by then they would have the location. besides, it's not that hard to make a purplish seamless box. it would take sufficiently long for Mira to verify the contents for Terra Nova to figure out their location.

But the Terra Novan scientists had clearly never seen anything like it, which has me wondering if it's technology more advanced than that in 2149.
        yes. the first time i saw the markings in the jungle i thought "ALIENS!"

i personally think it's something specifically designed from 2149 by some of the "powerful people" Tayler angered. and i think it's a component used for something related to the time travel.

and how it opens? my guess is a magnetic seal.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          after watching The Runaway, i was wondering 2 things:

-what's inside the box
          Remember what was in the box in the movie Seven?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            so? by then they would have the location. besides, it's not that hard to make a purplish seamless box. it would take sufficiently long for Mira to verify the contents for Terra Nova to figure out their location.
            Mira seems like she's smart enough not to bring it all the way home before checking it. She could do it right in front of them without revealing anything if she really needed to. Unless the box is intentionally designed to be forced open, Mira would only need to check the locking mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
              To burn the contents within while attempting to open it.

Personally, i think the box belongs to people who were/are already living in the past before the Terra Novans came through and before the idea of Terra Nova was thought of.
              I refuse to believe there has been a big ol' time hole (red dwarf) sitting around and no one has stumbled upon it before, by accident or otherwise. I dont recall any mention of it being discovered as or just after it formed. Could've been around for centuries or more and people have been stumbling through for just as long. There may even be more than one....
              sigpic

Comment

Unless it's a piece of paper, whatever's in there would likely survive cutting off the end of the case.

It's too small to be a weapon, and the case would suggest whatever's inside was meant to be kept safe from the elements. I'd bet it's a key of some kind.

Comment

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that maybe it's just pictures of her family. I know it's unlikely given the circumstances but maybe she just has too much pride to actually tell Taylor that that is what is in the box and she wants it back....*shrug*
                  Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Unless it's a piece of paper, whatever's in there would likely survive cutting off the end of the case.
                    most torches burn at a few thousand degrees. it would NOT be a good idea.

Comment

Anyone have any guesses as to what type of info Mira's box contains"?
                      sigpic

Comment

Research to make the portal 2 way
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Research to make the portal 2 way
                          Interesting...I could see that...
                          sigpic

Comment

lol that was the first thing i thought of when i saw the designs. but then it makes me wonder why the sixers think taylor is so much the bad guy especially with what his son seems to have planned

Comment

i think the Sixers want to exploit the planet to sustain earth 2149 rather than abandoning 2149 in favor of terra nova

Comment

Working...
                              X