X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slash Fiction (706)

Episode Synopsis:
    Originally posted by TV Guide
    Sam and Dean are cloned by two Leviathans who go on a killing spree as the two brothers, which lands the real Sam and Dean on the FBI's most wanted list. Meanwhile, Bobby tries to find a way to kill the Leviathans.
    Original Air Date 10/28/2011
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Much much improved over last week's ep. I quite enjoyed this one.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

I agree, much better episode.

It was so disconcerting to see 'Sam' and 'Dean' reveling in killing all those people in the bank vault.

A woman saves the day by cleaning!!! LOL! That has to be the weirdest way to accidentally discover a way to slow down an adversary if ever there was one! It reminded me of a weird movie (its name escapes me for now) that had David Duchovny in it destroying an alien using anti-dandruff shampoo!!!

Crowley getting the cold shoulder from the big boss Leviathan! It was good to see the smug demon get put down, but now it will be fun to see how he will no doubt use Sam and Dean to get his revenge!

Comment

Excellent episode...it was weird seeing the leviathan Sam & Dean killing everyone.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          I agree, much better episode.

It was so disconcerting to see 'Sam' and 'Dean' reveling in killing all those people in the bank vault.

A woman saves the day by cleaning!!! LOL! That has to be the weirdest way to accidentally discover a way to slow down an adversary if ever there was one! It reminded me of a weird movie (its name escapes me for now) that had David Duchovny in it destroying an alien using anti-dandruff shampoo!!!

Crowley getting the cold shoulder from the big boss Leviathan! It was good to see the smug demon get put down, but now it will be fun to see how he will no doubt use Sam and Dean to get his revenge!
          The movie you were thinking of was Evolution. One of my faves, I even know that the chemical that was used to destroy the big ass alien was Selenium.

I agree that this has to be the weirdest way ever to find out how to kill those guys. Though I somehow dont think that it will be as easy as burying heads and bodies seperatly. Just like the one guy recapetated himself within a Hour, so will it happen with the others, though it will take longer I am sure that the Bodies at some point will be reunited with their Heads.

Just on a sidenote, I couldnt stop laughing when the weird Guy Bobby sent the Boys to went for Sams Backpack and trashed his Laptop. I laughed so hard, because when he took the Laptop out it was a Noname thing, then when stopping the Picture while he is smashing it on the Table clearly shows the Apple Logo! XD

I dont really understand how or why the producers did this, but it is fun to see all this little statements that the makers of Supernatural are making this Season even if they go almost unnoticed. Just like Cass blew up the Leader of the Westboro Baptist Church, it wasn't written on the Sign outside, but the hint was obvious.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Really enjoyed this one, what a relief after last week. Evil Sam and Dean were just amazing. I think it really is true for them when they say 'when they're good they're good but when they're bad they're REALLY good'. And when the Leviathans were whining about their meatsuits' shortcomings in the diner - LMAO.

I always enjoy seeing the sheriff again too. She's not quite up there with Ellen yet, but getting close.

Also, Dean getting rid of that squeaky toy on the rearview mirror - classic.

Didn't trust those FBI guys from the beginning. And one thing I couldn't fathom is why and how the Leviathans manage to instantly wear the clothes of the guys they impersonate. Last time I checked garments were not part of our DNA.

But the ending - NOOOOOOOO! Why can't the writers let the boys be together in (somewhat) peace and harmony for five minutes? Although it might be good for them to split up for a while, they'll be harder to track.

sigpic
            Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Back to the arc storyline with a bloodbath with Sam and Dean watching evil versions of themselves on the TV.

I'm really liking the Leviathans more and more. They are smart and crafty...and I love Chet.

As Bobby was going through the ways of killing him..I realised that I've been changed by this show. Me, who normally watches the nasty bits through my fingers, was thinking:

Cut his head off Bobby...go on...cut his head off. That'll slow him down.

Go...on! Cut...his...bloody...head...off!

Yay!!!

*coughs*

So...

Poor Dean having to put his baby in the corner and then drive a car with a 'My Little Pony' dangling in his face!

But his miming to the 'All Out of Love' and Sam reaction was priceless. A bit sad though when you think about it. *sniff*

Oooh Bobby, Sheriff Mills likes you...she really likes you. Well you are her hero. What woman doesn't like a hero? I hope we see more of her. I'm sure Bobby does too. At least she made it through the episode.

They now have a way to slow them down....cleaning solution and decapitation.
              It's great to see their weakness is something simple in the great storytelling tradition.
              Salt water kills Triffids. Cold virus kills the aliens in War of the Worlds. A simple name kills Rumplestiltskin. Even Achilles had his heel.

Edit: Just read this elsewhere. Even though I've seen this movie..Evoluton with David Duchovny..I'd forgotten that they dispatched the aliens with dandruff shampoo!

And now Leviathans have Borax!

It was both scary and awesome seeing Levia!Sam and Levia!Dean doing the Pulp fiction routine in the diner.

My favourite bit was them discussing how they hated the real Sam and Dean as they ate in the diner, and the little reminders of what goes on in the real Sam and Dean's heads.

A bit of trivia: I heard that Jensen's sister and brother-law were customers in the diner.

I think this is my favourite quote of the ep.

Levia!Sam: “You want to trade? I mean, I'll take "Chuckles" over "Schizo."
              Levia!Dean: “No, I like this one's hair better. You can stay in the big one.”

Neither of them wants to deal with Luci in Sam's head!

I thought the way the ep dealt with the meeting of Levia!Dean and Sam, as he was cuffed in the interrogation room was great. The Leviathans don't mess about with any pretense, they jump straight in and do what they want.

Now the cat's out of the bag...Sam now knows about Amy.

I assumed the Leviathan who talked with Crowley was the head honcho. Loved the look on Crowley's face when he was given the heave-ho. He was not a happy bunny. So now it's a foregone conclusion that Crowley will go to Sam and Dean and form another uneasy alliance. Yes, maybe it's a bit contrived and expected...but I love it. All that snark to come.

I liked the end scene. Yes, it's heartbreaking...again! But it had to happen. When Sam's hurting, or he can't handle a situation he goes off to deal with it. Dean as we know either lashes out by hitting Sam or drinking himself into oblivion. That's how they are....or have been - up until now.

I think this time though Sam needs to process it and will forgive Dean pretty quickly mainly because Dean has changed. Well, they've both changed but Dean has lost that bullish attitude he used to have around Sam, that 'older brother is always right' attitude. I don't think he believes he's wrong to have killed Amy (and I don't think so either) but he's genuinely sorry he lied to Sam. I think they'll talk it out now...after Sam's calmed down.

And if they don't talk it out I'm going to bang their heads together until they do!

Until next week....
              Last edited by LizzieAnne; 30 October 2011, 07:54 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

I love this episode so much! All the references to Pulp Fiction and the scene in the car! Already a classic!

We also got a bulkload of references to old episodes, even the first few of S1 (but I guess they turned the SFX-meter up on some of those scenes - was the lady in white rally that scary?)

We had three and a half stories going on and all of them were great.

How cool is it that Sheriff Jodie Mills comes over and visits Bobby? I LOVED the scenes betwwen those two, and other than the internets wants to tell me, I don't think that her cooking and cleaning up a little bit diminishes her role, on the contrary. She just came to be there a little bit and instead of helping to deal with big-mouths downstairs she tried to make herself useful. Doesn't mean she's a maid now (and she said that she can cook-ish and her part of finding a solution for the "how can we kill Leviathans didn't happen because of her excellent housemaid-skills either). I love her! I just hope that she won't meet the fate of other female kick.ass characters in the show, too...

The L!Dean and L!Sam scene in the diner was awesome! Nobody wants to be Sam, though
                Jensen and Jared just had too much fun playing the bad boys

Just for the record: the woman in the blue shirt in the background was author S.E. Hinton. I don't know her but apparently she wrote some important books and is a big SPN fan. And Jensens sister and her husband was in the diner, too, I just don't know which one she was.

And Real Sam and Dean first meet the secret love child of Ash and Ronald Reznick? And have to put Baby in a corner - which leads to the most funny scene in the show since ages (and I have that song stuck in my head since then). Guess we have to live without the rock star aliases for now, wonder what they will take now (and for how long they have to stay under the radar or if the show acknowledges it at all that they were on the from page of every newspaper for a couple of days.

I honestly had no problem with the fact that L!Dean told Sam about Amy. Our Dean was hiding it for far too long to come op with it again, and I had no problem with Sam walking away. The way he said "for now" shows that he just needs some time to cope, there was no sign of this being another break up for ages, or him wanting to have this, but Deans "I'm sorry" felt just honest and that he understands Sam (and that he is a little relieved that the cat's out of the box).

And the last .5 storyline: Crowley's back! And apparently the big boss Leviathan doesn't want to play with him. Which is too bad, but good for us. I have a good guess, who he will team up with next ;-)

Oh,and on the negative side:
                - how did that head crawl up back to the neck? That just didn't make sense.
                - And is it really a good idea to throw the heads into the water? With the Leviathans being water-bound? I'd give them a nice cement coating first....
                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                  Oh,and on the negative side:
                  [snip]- And is it really a good idea to throw the heads into the water? With the Leviathans being water-bound? I'd give them a nice cement coating first....
                  Yep, that was pretty much what I thought when I saw the episode. Water is the element of the Leviathans.
                  sigpic
                  Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                  Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

This was a very good episode. The wife still hasn't seen it, so I will get to see it again very soon.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Loved the episode. I really enjoyed the scenes with Bobby and the sheriff
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                      X