Battlestar Galactica Feature Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica Feature Film

Looks like a feature film of the original series is in the works. Seems to be a done deal based on this news release.

Bryan Singer’s ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Gets Airborne With John Orloff Scripting Deal

EXCLUSIVE: Universal Pictures is closing a deal with John Orloff to write Battlestar Galactica, a feature based on the Glen Larson 1978 TV series that Bryan Singer has long wanted to direct. Orloff seems equally pumped. What is it about Battlestar Galactica that turns grown men into exuberant kids?

“I have wanted to write this movie since I was 12 years old, and built a Galactica model from scratch out of balsa wood, cardboard, old model parts and LEDs,” Orloff told Deadline. “I love BSG, and I would pass on the job rather than frak it up.”
    Full story: http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/brya...cripting-deal/
    sigpic

I'll still believe it when I see it.

I don't even know that I'd bother to see it though. I don't care much for BSG:TOS.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hmmm, I would be willing to give it a chance.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

1. I hate what Bryan Singer did to X-Men and Superman

2. What the Frak for? We have the original (I even have the cool Cylon head my DVDs came in) and the new re imaged version. It's been so long since the original, it just would be downright weird to see other actors playing these roles. If it's a continuation.

3. Sorry Bryan, you have already fraked up the X-Men AND Superman. Why should I believe you about BSG?

4. I need to dig out my DVDs and do some re watching.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Not sure I see the point in making a feature film of a series that was recently turned into a mini-series pilot, ended up running for four seasons, two DVD movies, a decent amount of webisodes and two prequel spinoffs (second in development).

Not sure what to think about Orloff writing. His Band of Brother episodes were great, but none of his other projects are of any interest to me.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
            1. I hate what Bryan Singer did to X-Men
            The first two X-Men movies were pretty good and quite on the point for what X-Men is all about
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

2. What the Frak for? We have the original (I even have the cool Cylon head my DVDs came in) and the new re imaged version. It's been so long since the original, it just would be downright weird to see other actors playing these roles. If it's a continuation.
              I agree but that's Hollywood I guess. We're already getting a reboot of Spiderman and the previous versions are less than 10 years old. BSG has shown it can be reimagined make money, therefore they will do it again on a bigger scale? It's a bit like Dean Devlin saying he wants to do a Stargate movie sequel every few years, but at least that was his movie.

Comment

* bangs head on keyboard *

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  The first two X-Men movies were pretty good and quite on the point for what X-Men is all about
                  Not really. I'm too big of an X-Men geek to let all the changes slide. The movies are watchable, I just wish certain characters like Rogue stayed more true to her character and how she became an X-Man. It was that journey that made me a big fan of Rogue. Instead she's this young teen and a totally different character. I could rant more, however I'll save you the boredom.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I'll wait for the actors being cast and wait first trailer but surely it will not be better than RDMs version of the show...!!! At least they should let bear mccreary handle the music!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X