Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    Watching the pilot now... god are there some bad effects. When the Queen comes into the wedding and you can see that they CGI'd the walking, wow was that obvious. Still, so far I'm very interested.
    Erm, It's meant to look that way. She's supposed to be magically moved farther than she's walking... if that makes sense.

Comment

Here are the Details I'd like to talk about.

Spoiler:
      So are they rewriting the Fairytales too? The Queen kept saying that what she loved Died because of Snow White. The only thing she could mean was the Lumberjack that was supposed to Kill SW but let her escape. When he returned with a pigs heart as proof that Snow White is supposed to be Dead, the EQ found out about it through her Mirror and Killed him for this betrayel.

Thing is after seeing the Trailer for the next Episode, 2 Horseman where attacking her which if I dont remember wrong never happened in the Original Story.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Liked the second episode as much as the first one.

about the fairytales, and other things:

Spoiler:
        As far as I see it, they took some artistic licence for parts of the stories. That starts with the fact, that they put a lot of stories into one which don't belong together. And then, there're also different traditions. I for myself know (only) the German storylines, they may differ from stories which are told in other countries.

It might be difficult to stay too close with the original surrounding of the stories for today TV, but I think they kept the ideas behind the characters. For example Rumpelstiltskin is very different in his look, and in the original story he was never imprisoned, but vanished (klilled himself) at the end of the story. But the tricky character is the same. The obsession with namens, and deals, and his special abilities.
        Evil queens on the other hand, never survive the traditional storylines. This one does, for an evil price.

In the Snow-White story I know, the queen asked one of her huntsman to kill the girl, and bring her the heart of her. It was just one, and he couldn't do it and killed instead of the girl, a deer.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
          Liked the second episode as much as the first one.

about the fairytales, and other things:

Spoiler:
          As far as I see it, they took some artistic licence for parts of the stories. That starts with the fact, that they put a lot of stories into one which don't belong together. And then, there're also different traditions. I for myself know (only) the German storylines, they may differ from stories which are told in other countries.

It might be difficult to stay too close with the original surrounding of the stories for today TV, but I think they kept the ideas behind the characters. For example Rumpelstiltskin is very different in his look, and in the original story he was never imprisoned, but vanished (klilled himself) at the end of the story. But the tricky character is the same. The obsession with namens, and deals, and his special abilities.
          Evil queens on the other hand, never survive the traditional storylines. This one does, for an evil price.

In the Snow-White story I know, the queen asked one of her huntsman to kill the girl, and bring her the heart of her. It was just one, and he couldn't do it and killed instead of the girl, a deer.
          Spoiler:
          I am starting to see that I dont remember those Tales as good as I used to. I learned the German Stories just like you, but for Example the Heart thing was a invention of Disney, in the Original Story it was supposed to be her lungs and liver that the Queen wanted as proof. Even more she was planning to eat them.

Though I am not sure why they need to change things to make them usable for todays Television, I am very interrested to see what else is different in this Series.

Just seeing the Evil Queen and Maleficent in the same room was pure awesomeness.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

I think I read or listened to an interview with the creators of the show that they were going to go their own way with characters and interweaving stories. I think they are mainly interested in the character of the characters, if you know what I mean.
            sigpic

Comment

The jury is still out for me.

Robert Carlyle has been the best thing in this for me, for the few brief moments he's been on screen so far he's got the most presence, skillfully bringing his character to life. A joy to watch as always.

Comment

Here's a new article talking about OUAT and Robert Carlyle. Apparently this gal just discovered RC, where's she been? Hiding under a rock? LOL
                http://blogcritics.org/video/article...obert-carlyle/
                sigpic

Comment

i like the evil queen the most. the character and the actress

(this would be the part i'd want in the series)
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    i like the evil queen the most. the character and the actress

(this would be the part i'd want in the series)
                    Yeah, I want my chance to be Evil Queen for the day!
                    sigpic

Comment

I am so loving this show!! It is awesome!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Does anybody know what Character the Sheriff is supposed to be?

I also wonder about the Lady in the Inn and that rebellious Teenager. Maybe Cinderellas Stepmother and one of her Stepsisters?
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                          Does anybody know what Character the Sheriff is supposed to be?

I also wonder about the Lady in the Inn and that rebellious Teenager. Maybe Cinderellas Stepmother and one of her Stepsisters?
                          check out this post http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...1#post12995349

no idea (yet) for the sheriff, but the Teenager and the Lady are Red Riding Hood and her Granny
                          Grimm returns October 24
                          sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
                          Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                            check out this post http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...1#post12995349

no idea (yet) for the sheriff, but the Teenager and the Lady are Red Riding Hood and her Granny
                            Thanks, and Oh my God, this will be a strange Series, if it makes it past 1 Season. Honestly I fear with Grimm in the Picture only one Series will Survive, I dont want either to end early, but I cant quite see them running at the same time without getting in each others way.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

It does seem a bit wrong that the evil queen is so much hotter than snow white...

Comment

Originally posted by jeri View Post
                                Here's a new article talking about OUAT and Robert Carlyle. Apparently this gal just discovered RC, where's she been? Hiding under a rock? LOL
                                http://blogcritics.org/video/article...obert-carlyle/
                                She had never seen SGU, either, but decided to watch it after seeing Carlyle in OUAT. And of course, thought he was great in it.

Le sigh.

Oh well, at least OUAT is getting some viewers, some good press, and good ratings. Let's hope for a reasonable run - I want to see this story play out!
                                sigpic
                                Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Working...
                                X