Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Once Upon A Time (spoilers possible)

Here's an interesting article about OUAT and ancient myths, etc.
    http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...943/story.html

I must say, I really hope this show makes it. In an age where most television consists of cop, lawyer, and doctor dramas, OUAT is a welcome relief. The pilot, IMO, could have been done better, but I still like the idea of it. I think it has a lot of potential, as well as a really great cast! This is me trying not to get my hopes up.

I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, green and strong! He made me love him without looking at me. - Jane Eyre

Chief Master Sergeant

I like the premise it's nice and fresh, and they have some decent actors in it.

Unfortunately, the pilot episode was absolutely abysmal.

River's Roommate carmencatalina's Avatar

Here's a cute promo/interview bit for TVGuide magazine with 4 of the actors from OUAT.

Bonus: Robert Carlyle juggling apples!

Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

here a trailer for next episode

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/onc...#disqus_thread

I think I like Emma
    Grimm returns October 24

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Quote Originally Posted by mi_guard View Post
    here a trailer for next episode

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/onc...#disqus_thread

I think I like Emma
    oh yeah, so do I She really knows how to get the EQ upset

Watching the pilot now... god are there some bad effects. When the Queen comes into the wedding and you can see that they CGI'd the walking, wow was that obvious. Still, so far I'm very interested.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

I noticed the effects were not that great, but I can use my imagination. We were spoiled by the over the top effects on SGU. The technology has advanced so much the last few years, but still quite pricey to deliver.

I don't think the effects were too bad for a TV show. Yes there were a few times it was obviously greenscreen but overall I though they were fine and did not pull me out of the story.

I think we're going to get a lot more Robert Carlyle tonight, which should be awesome.

I watched it but did not like it :/ I really wanted to especially for Robert Carlyle, but sorry... not my cup of tea although Emma Actress is a real beauty. I have to stick to Grimm though much more awesome!

Okay, Episode 1 didnt do it for me, but number 2 got me hooked. This is going to be alot of fun.

I would love to talk some detail but I cant find the button to insert spoilers anywhere.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

OT: Just type manually: [_SPOILER] Text [_/SPOILER] — delete "_" after "["

Liked the first episode. It's an interesting approach to the genre, imo, and a good mixture of classical fairy-tales and fantasy. Curious to watch the 2. episode.

Quote Originally Posted by s09119 View Post
    Watching the pilot now... god are there some bad effects. When the Queen comes into the wedding and you can see that they CGI'd the walking, wow was that obvious. Still, so far I'm very interested.
    Yes, it was obvious in that it seemed to show how her movement was nearly effortless and how the EQ could take one step where others would take three. Magic and stuff.

My only complaint is that she (the Evil Queen) came off as a lesser Mab.

This episode was great!!!
    I like Mr. Gold more and more. He's sooo creepy! And the EQ/Regina is really underestimating him. He must remember who he is!

here's the promo for the next week episode

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Epiosde 2 ratings are in.

It got a 3.9 HH 18-49 demo with 11.64 million viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...weakly/108988/

The natural trend is that shows decrease in ratings after premiere. I was quite impressed to see such a small decrease.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by s09119 View Post
    Erm, It's meant to look that way. She's supposed to be magically moved farther than she's walking... if that makes sense.

Here are the Details I'd like to talk about.

Spoiler:
    So are they rewriting the Fairytales too? The Queen kept saying that what she loved Died because of Snow White. The only thing she could mean was the Lumberjack that was supposed to Kill SW but let her escape. When he returned with a pigs heart as proof that Snow White is supposed to be Dead, the EQ found out about it through her Mirror and Killed him for this betrayel.

Thing is after seeing the Trailer for the next Episode, 2 Horseman where attacking her which if I dont remember wrong never happened in the Original Story.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Liked the second episode as much as the first one.

about the fairytales, and other things:

Spoiler:
    As far as I see it, they took some artistic licence for parts of the stories. That starts with the fact, that they put a lot of stories into one which don't belong together. And then, there're also different traditions. I for myself know (only) the German storylines, they may differ from stories which are told in other countries.

It might be difficult to stay too close with the original surrounding of the stories for today TV, but I think they kept the ideas behind the characters. For example Rumpelstiltskin is very different in his look, and in the original story he was never imprisoned, but vanished (klilled himself) at the end of the story. But the tricky character is the same. The obsession with namens, and deals, and his special abilities.
    Evil queens on the other hand, never survive the traditional storylines. This one does, for an evil price.

In the Snow-White story I know, the queen asked one of her huntsman to kill the girl, and bring her the heart of her. It was just one, and he couldn't do it and killed instead of the girl, a deer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis-Neith View Post
    Liked the second episode as much as the first one.

about the fairytales, and other things:

Spoiler:
    As far as I see it, they took some artistic licence for parts of the stories. That starts with the fact, that they put a lot of stories into one which don't belong together. And then, there're also different traditions. I for myself know (only) the German storylines, they may differ from stories which are told in other countries.

It might be difficult to stay too close with the original surrounding of the stories for today TV, but I think they kept the ideas behind the characters. For example Rumpelstiltskin is very different in his look, and in the original story he was never imprisoned, but vanished (klilled himself) at the end of the story. But the tricky character is the same. The obsession with namens, and deals, and his special abilities.
    Evil queens on the other hand, never survive the traditional storylines. This one does, for an evil price.

In the Snow-White story I know, the queen asked one of her huntsman to kill the girl, and bring her the heart of her. It was just one, and he couldn't do it and killed instead of the girl, a deer.
    Spoiler:
    I am starting to see that I dont remember those Tales as good as I used to. I learned the German Stories just like you, but for Example the Heart thing was a invention of Disney, in the Original Story it was supposed to be her lungs and liver that the Queen wanted as proof. Even more she was planning to eat them.

Though I am not sure why they need to change things to make them usable for todays Television, I am very interrested to see what else is different in this Series.

Just seeing the Evil Queen and Maleficent in the same room was pure awesomeness.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

I think I read or listened to an interview with the creators of the show that they were going to go their own way with characters and interweaving stories. I think they are mainly interested in the character of the characters, if you know what I mean.