Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Once Upon A Time is a new Fantasy/Drama show that starts on ABC this Sunday. So far, that I know of, it has two Stargate stars in the Pilot of the series.

Mr. Gold.....................Robert Carlye
    Black Knight...............James "BamBam' Bamford

Note to the mods: If you think that this thread belongs to another threads, please move it.
    I won't get mad it you do.

Here is a link to the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rga4rp4j5TY
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

IMbD has the entire first episode up to watch. This was released early and is not a leak or something illegal...

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi3101793817/

They've even got it in HD. It's well worth the 45 minutes of your time to watch it!

Comment

I should have said that this is the pilot that has been released on ImbD. I'm not sure whether or not it counts as the first episode or not. Regardless, this is the video's url:

Comment

Yeah I watched that earlier today. I think it looks promising, they've tied to two storylines together well for a pilot and I can't wait to see where they are going. I thought Robert Carlyle was good playing yet another ambiguous character.He's even more crazy that Rush though. (I don't think that's a spoiler really)

And the scenery was beautiful, especially that beginning scene.

I never noticed before how much Jennifer Morrison and Ginnifer Goodwin look alike, good casting.

And Bra'tac was in it! Yay! Since it is filming in Vancouver, no doubt it will turn into a weekly recurring game of "spot that Stargate/Syfy actor" soon enough.
          Last edited by Calluna; 20 October 2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
            IMbD has the entire first episode up to watch. This was released early and is not a leak or something illegal...

They've even got it in HD. It's well worth the 45 minutes of your time to watch it!
            I cant watch in my country! *Cries*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
              Same here
              sigpic

Comment

Im going to give this a try atleast

Originally posted by Calluna View Post
                Yeah I watched that earlier today. I think it looks promising, they've tied to two storylines together well for a pilot and I can't wait to see where they are going. I thought Robert Carlyle was good playing yet another ambiguous character.He's even more crazy that Rush though. (I don't think that's a spoiler really)

And the scenery was beautiful, especially that beginning scene.

I never noticed before how much Jennifer Morrison and Ginnifer Goodwin look alike, good casting.

And Bra'tac was in it! Yay! Since it is filming in Vancouver, no doubt it will turn into a weekly recurring game of "spot that Stargate/Syfy actor" soon enough.
                Is that really a bad thing?
                Last edited by mr_kennedy; 20 October 2011, 02:53 PM.
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

I am going to wait to watch on my television (larger screen than my computer) - am looking forward to playing "spot the SG alum!" weekly!
                  sigpic
                  Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by 12OzMouse View Post
                    I should have said that this is the pilot that has been released on ImbD. I'm not sure whether or not it counts as the first episode or not. Regardless, this is the video's url:

Thanks for the link.

Quite interesting. I guess it's another show to follow.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                      I am going to wait to watch on my television (larger screen than my computer) - am looking forward to playing "spot the SG alum!" weekly!
                      Same here. And I'm recording it on my DVR also.

Comment

Is that really a bad thing?
                        No it is certainly not a bad thing. The show is very entertaining so far, I hope all my favorite syfy actors get a chance to appear in it for at least the next season. Several lesser known actors I like are apparently recurring in the show and I hope get better known from the publicity. And I meant "spot that (Vancouver) actor!" as a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                          Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                          Same here
                          That's weird, I can watch it without any problems at all, and I live in Sweden. Seems a bit strange that it's blocked in your countries but not over here...
                          sigpic

Comment

Here is a nice article about Robert Carlyle and OUAT
                            http://www.montrealgazette.com/enter...387/story.html
                            sigpic

Comment

I just watched it, definitely impressed. I originally wasn't going to but the more I've seen of it the more interesting it looked. Definitely character driven with a lot of Lost-style mystery behind the characters. I hope we delve into more fairy tale characters like Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid and Peter Pan as the series progresses.

I originally wasn't going to watch it because I gave No Ordinary Family a chance last year and thought it was decent (if flawed) and ABC canceled it. Hopefully they give this a chance but I think it'll go further simply because it seems this show is getting a lot more publicity than that show did, and it seems to move a lot faster.

Curious observation - they place her in a wardrobe that transports her to our world from a magical world...that's very Narnian IMO. I wonder if that's a nod to C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia (which could also be considered a fairy tale I think)? I know in The Magicians Nephew he mentions that there are doors to other worlds other than just Narnia (and at one point the kids visit the world of The White Witch).
                              That is just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                              X