Who reads the comic too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who reads the comic too?

So, who is also into The Walking Dead comic? Also, which did you get into first - the comic, or the show?

For me, I saw the first few episodes of the show first. I liked what I saw, so I decided to check out the comics. After the first few issues, I was hooked. In the time since Season 1 of the show ended, I have completely caught up with the comic.

If they end up using even a fraction of the storylines from the comics in the TV show, we are in for a real treat IMO.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

I'm still meaning to! I've been 'getting' them ever since the show started with the intention of reading every last one, but I haven't even gotten started yet
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I really don't think you will regret picking them up. With me, once I started reading them, I couldn't stop. I would read, on average, about 10 comics a day.
      sigpic
      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I started on the shows, where can I see these comics?
        I need to see the webisodes too!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          I started on the shows, where can I see these comics?
          I need to see the webisodes too!
          You can buy them online, or pick up the early volumes at most comic shops I am sure. There have been 85+ issues released thus far.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I still plan on getting the compendium. Eventually.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
              I still plan on getting the compendium. Eventually.
              Nice little collection of the comics there, that is for sure.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Started reading them yesterday finally. Enjoying things so far! Amazing how faithful the first few episodes of the show were to the comic. So needless to say, when a certain someone died in the comic who is still alive and well in the show, I was quite shocked.

I just finished reading up to where episode 2.01 ends. Going to be continuing in just a few minutes, this is good stuff!
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I am glad you decided to give the comics a shot, Digifluid. Enjoy the wild ride.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I said I'd get to it. It's only taken me a year

Yesterday I finished off the Safety Behind Bars story arc. Neat stuff--and more to the point, if AMC is going to screw with the show to make it less outdoorsy, this seems like it would be a pretty good story to tackle next.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

I said I'd get to it. It's only taken me a year

Yesterday I finished off the Safety Behind Bars story arc. Neat stuff--and more to the point, if AMC is going to screw with the show to make it less outdoorsy, this seems like it would be a pretty good story to tackle next.
                      I personally do see that coming in Season 3.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Has anyone here been reading the comics as of late? Things have been really good lately. I just read #93 last night.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Still keeping up

I have 93 on my USB stick; planning to read it here at work sometime today

Comment

It was a great issue. I can't wait for #94.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I only just got to it yesterday. Good stuff, but I miss being able to blow through tons of it at a time! This month-to-month business is brutal

I'm very interested to see where the new arc goes. I like how you can see how deeply the business with the Governor affected Rick and how it's affecting how he's reacting to what might be the best news they've had since the apocalypse.

Comment

Working...
                              X