• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vs. (109)

Visit the Episode GuideTERRA NOVA - SEASON ONE
    VS.
    EPISODE NUMBER - 109
    As Taylor searches for the "Sixer" mole within Terra Nova, Jim stumbles onto an old murder, for which Taylor is the prime suspect. (FOX)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 26 November 2011, 02:17 PM.

Seems like another good episode! We finally found out that...
    Spoiler:
    Lucas was trying to get the opening to go both ways. I did miss what they supposedly found that made them think that Jim was working with the Sixers? I also wonder if the image projected by the box was the formula Lucas was working on?
    sigpic

Comment

you don't need spoiler tags in here

and yeah, the leader as good as confessed that he rigged the test.

I can see both sides. I see him not wanting two way travel. As desperate as future earth is for supplies i can see them raiding the past to get supplies for the future - too greedy and desperate to see that they are dooming themselves.
      but also if it's two way and people can come and go, then they run the risk of overpopulating the past.

and i too think the projections are the formula
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I KNEW IT! Sorry, I just get a bit excited when I am finally right at something. So the calculations are for a way back. Though I was wrong by thinking that Hope Plaza are the ones behind the Sixers.

Just how did Taylors Mentor get to the past without Hope Plaza knowing about it? At least in theory he still would have needed to use a opened Portal at Hope Plaza. That is impossible to go unnoticed.

I feel very sorry for Taylor. That man has alot to go through. So I guess we know now where the Show is going, a War between the Past and the Future. Thats going to be interresting.

Also, I was kind of dissappointed at that stupid chip the Bug had. A broken SD Memory card, really? Now thats just cheap.
        Last edited by tomstone; 22 November 2011, 12:01 AM.
        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

On the other side of the coin, is Taylor protecting a pristine past from a parasitic future? or is he wanting to keep total control of his little kingdom?

He swings from benevolent and kind to draconian and evil, sometimes within the same show. He also seems obsessed with starting new in the past and protecting it from the future. but he also doesn't know what kind of a future he's making. He's thinking, if they live 'green' and responsibly then their effect on the future is negligible, but he doesn't know that. He's also operating under the presumption that they're in an alternate universe so the things he does doesn't effect his established future...but that whole presumption is based on the future never finding a probe. with millions of years of natural disasters it'd be easy for that probe to be lost.

So just a lot of conflict and unknown and whole actions based on presumptions that may be totally wrong.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            On the other side of the coin, is Taylor protecting a pristine past from a parasitic future? or is he wanting to keep total control of his little kingdom?

He swings from benevolent and kind to draconian and evil, sometimes within the same show. He also seems obsessed with starting new in the past and protecting it from the future. but he also doesn't know what kind of a future he's making. He's thinking, if they live 'green' and responsibly then their effect on the future is negligible, but he doesn't know that. He's also operating under the presumption that they're in an alternate universe so the things he does doesn't effect his established future...but that whole presumption is based on the future never finding a probe. with millions of years of natural disasters it'd be easy for that probe to be lost.

So just a lot of conflict and unknown and whole actions based on presumptions that may be totally wrong.
            Or the probe could have simply been turned "off".

If there is a legal authority that set up Terra Nova and a group is trying to upset that approved mission, then Taylor is in the right. The fact this group was only able to get operative thru on pilgramage 6 is a pretty good indication that the sixer mission is not legally sanctioned.

Comment

That was the mystery? Ugh. Should have know that was why they didn't want two way travel as I already thought it was evident that that was what the son was working on. So what if someone makes a buck sending food back to people on the other side.

How nice that they can enjoy their little paradise while millions starve back on the other earth. Two-way travel could help all those people out back there who aren't privileged or fortunate enough to get to go to Terra Nova. We must preserve the environment for ourselves at the expense of others lives....

If this gets renewed, I doubt I'll bother continuing to watch. But it only has what 4 eps to go so I'll probably finish out the season, but otherwise it's not worth watching for me.
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                That was the mystery? Ugh. Should have know that was why they didn't want two way travel as I already thought it was evident that that was what the son was working on. So what if someone makes a buck sending food back to people on the other side.

How nice that they can enjoy their little paradise while millions starve back on the other earth. Two-way travel could help all those people out back there who aren't privileged or fortunate enough to get to go to Terra Nova. We must preserve the environment for ourselves at the expense of others lives....

If this gets renewed, I doubt I'll bother continuing to watch. But it only has what 4 eps to go so I'll probably finish out the season, but otherwise it's not worth watching for me.
                The point you are missing is that Terra Nova was sanctioned to be a certain thing. What is happening is that individuals outside that sanctioning body are taking it upon themselves to change the plan. If the plan was to do what the sixers are trying then the entire next pilgrimage would be military that would seize control once they are settled in. It is highly likely what they are wanting will make the situation on Earth Prime worse not better.

Comment

I had a number of issues with this episode.

1.) Josh breaks into the medical facility, with a weapon, and steals materials which are to be given to the Sixers and all he gets is being "grounded"? Wasn't there a whole episode not too long ago where he was claiming to be an adult and as such was able to make his own decisions? And with making one's own decisions comes taking responsibility for any negative results of those decisions. It's not like he stayed out an hour past curfew.

2.) The Sixers capture a patrol with almost an Errol Flynn/Robin Hood-like panache. If they are able to take down military units with such ease, why haven't they been eliminating Terra Nova's military to facilitate their own take-over of the colony? And on the subject of taking down military targets, why haven't they as yet killed Taylor? There seem to have been ample opportunities to get him alone, where he could be killed by a sniper or just kill him by force of shear numbers.

3.) I am have concerns over the political structure of Terra Nova. Way too much power is concentrated in the hands of just one individual. This episode is the latest example of just how screwed up things are in Terra Nova.

Hmm, maybe this last point deserves its own thread...

regards,
                  G.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                    So what if someone makes a buck sending food back to people on the other side.

It would actually not benefit that much people in the future. If they are not privileged enough back there how do you expect them to benefit from a 2 way portal. You think that they would simple offer free food for the peasent? [sarcasm]You don't have a house in 2149, now? With a 2 way portal we can give one to you.[sarcasm] They would charge for it. The money and well beign will go to the richest only.
                    sigpic
                    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

1: well he's not much use in prison either.

2: the Sixers have proven that they don't kill unless necessary. plus they appear to want to use the TN people for their plans, which makes sense.

3: it depends. i think it right now is very manageable. plus, the normal rules of corruption do not REALLY apply here, although i must say he's almost obsessed with his "starting over" thing.

the thing that bothered me most was the style of dancing, actually.

So what if someone makes a buck sending food back to people on the other side.

it's not about food. it's about sending valuables back. given how scarce everything apparently is, whoever controls the portal controls an infinite stack of money.

the actual mystery was the idea that Terra Nova was based upon a lie. it appears that TN was INTENDED to be a future mining operation. (Taylor Hijacked TN, the sixers didn't)

Comment

How come they've got really good fireworks? I don't see much in the way of a manufacturing plant in the neighbourhood.

Comment

you do realize they have a supply line from the future?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

it's not about food. it's about sending valuables back. given how scarce everything apparently is, whoever controls the portal controls an infinite stack of money.

the actual mystery was the idea that Terra Nova was based upon a lie. it appears that TN was INTENDED to be a future mining operation. (Taylor Hijacked TN, the sixers didn't)
                            UYeah. They made that comment in the pilot, about controlling future wealth by controlling resources in the past.

Right now, with one way travel, the past 'uses' the future for supplies. but if there were two way travel the TN folks would be quickly taken over and likely, put as good as slaves to mine food, water, air, minerals to send them to the future, where they will be highly sought after commodities and likely sold to the highest bidder.

the past would stop being a fresh start and would be turned into a way to keep the future plugging along for a few more years.

I don't like taylor's obsession, however I think he knows just how far the future will go and will do anything to stop it. He is dedicated - to the point of obsession - with keeping the future from frakking up the past.

thus far he's kept things a bit even....every time he's gone too far he's relented, but he's walking a tight rope and could go from 'gruff benevolent leader' to 'nutso dictator' very quickly

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post

1.) Josh breaks into the medical facility, with a weapon, and steals materials which are to be given to the Sixers and all he gets is being "grounded"? Wasn't there a whole episode not too long ago where he was claiming to be an adult and as such was able to make his own decisions? And with making one's own decisions comes taking responsibility for any negative results of those decisions. It's not like he stayed out an hour past curfew.

2.) The Sixers capture a patrol with almost an Errol Flynn/Robin Hood-like panache. If they are able to take down military units with such ease, why haven't they been eliminating Terra Nova's military to facilitate their own take-over of the colony? And on the subject of taking down military targets, why haven't they as yet killed Taylor? There seem to have been ample opportunities to get him alone, where he could be killed by a sniper or just kill him by force of shear numbers.

3.) I am have concerns over the political structure of Terra Nova. Way too much power is concentrated in the hands of just one individual. This episode is the latest example of just how screwed up things are in Terra Nova.

Hmm, maybe this last point deserves its own thread...

regards,
                              G.
                              The kid manned up and as a result his girlfriend is left to die (or maybe killed since he didn't deliver). This seems pretty tough to me.

It is not in the sixers best interest to kill anyone. Killing Taylor sounds great, but like Mira said before it would just make him a matyr.

Terra Nova seems pretty relaxed to me, sort of like Galt Gulch.

Comment

Working...
                              X