• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof (108)

Visit the Episode GuideTERRA NOVA - SEASON ONE
    PROOF
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108
    Maddy starts interning for the colony's greatest scientist, and her life is put in danger when she discovers a terrible secret. Meanwhile, Josh makes a deal with the devil in order to solidify his plan to bring his girlfriend from the future to Terra Nova. (FOX)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 13 November 2011, 11:30 AM.

Well, there were some interesting twists in this episode...from a two-face scientist to a son that actually grew some morals. Of course, I started guessing that Horton was a fake when things weren't adding up with him. I'm glad that Josh can forward. I was wondering if Boylin was the "mole"...but I think he's just someone who gets with whoever he has to in order to make things better for himself.
    sigpic

Comment

Pretty good ep. It was evident the guy was a fake the minute he was brought into question as I'd guess lots of people want to go to Terra Nova but can't. I'm still sticking with the show in hopes it gets more interesting on the mystery side of things as I'm sure the family drama stuff is not going away anytime soon. I'd almost rather not see the dinos as their integration in the show is cringe worthy like Taylor and the komodo dragon (CGI was nice on this one though) and especially hooking a giant marlin while perched on a cliff side. Who goes fishing off the side of a cliff?
      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
        Pretty good ep. It was evident the guy was a fake the minute he was brought into question as I'd guess lots of people want to go to Terra Nova but can't. I'm still sticking with the show in hopes it gets more interesting on the mystery side of things as I'm sure the family drama stuff is not going away anytime soon. I'd almost rather not see the dinos as their integration in the show is cringe worthy like Taylor and the komodo dragon (CGI was nice on this one though) and especially hooking a giant marlin while perched on a cliff side. Who goes fishing off the side of a cliff?
        Spoiler:
        Wait until the season finale, you will cr*p yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          Spoiler:
          Wait until the season finale, you will cr*p yourself!
          How, praytell, do you know anything about the season finale?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            How, praytell, do you know anything about the season finale?
            He probably made it up. Wouldn't be the first time
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

i thought he wasn't a fraud. i thought the stroke was 10x worse than expected. i mean, it really can wreck your memory.

Comment

People do it all the time on Oahu. It is a very productive method for Ulua. That spot likely has few predators and access to deep water. It wouldn't be much fun to surf fish with beasties in the water and foraging the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  He probably made it up. Wouldn't be the first time
                  Ahhh...I was wondering if he would actually post something...but I guess not.
                  sigpic

Comment

I was thinking about something. If Terra Nova has a purpose other then what the people think it is and there are people in the future that want things to change with it then why are there only people from the 6th pilgrimage that are against Taylor. You would think that maybe there could be a mole in TN that came before the 6th, and people that have come after the 6th. And also looking at this with a strategic mind set, who has only one mole? If you are trying to spy on someone in a very valuable situation then you are going to have multiple moles, most if not all of which do not know about each other. This is the most effective way to get in-tell on an adversary that you wish to control. You also would want one if not more of those moles in the inner circle of your adversary. I would not be surprised is Taylor's right hand man (Lt. Washington) or the head of the science division (Malcolm) are in-line with the Sixers.
                    Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                      People do it all the time on Oahu. It is a very productive method for Ulua. That spot likely has few predators and access to deep water. It wouldn't be much fun to surf fish with beasties in the water and foraging the beach.
                      Ah okay for smaller fish, in real life, I guess but I still thought it was a ridiculous scene considering they were going to have to cut the line on the marlin. There are beasties everywhere but apparently they only conveniently appear when the plot calls for them. I can't believe how much wandering off these people do....
                      IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Azreth View Post
                        I was thinking about something. If Terra Nova has a purpose other then what the people think it is and there are people in the future that want things to change with it then why are there only people from the 6th pilgrimage that are against Taylor. You would think that maybe there could be a mole in TN that came before the 6th, and people that have come after the 6th. And also looking at this with a strategic mind set, who has only one mole? If you are trying to spy on someone in a very valuable situation then you are going to have multiple moles, most if not all of which do not know about each other. This is the most effective way to get in-tell on an adversary that you wish to control. You also would want one if not more of those moles in the inner circle of your adversary. I would not be surprised is Taylor's right hand man (Lt. Washington) or the head of the science division (Malcolm) are in-line with the Sixers.
                        It's actually a bit too far fetch to send a whole group like that in just one pilgrimage. Someone should have noticed that. Where they all lottery winners? I don't think a "normal" common people would know how to handle weapons, have jungle warfare training. There should have been a patter about that. If they could infiltrate a whole group why not simple take Taylor out even before sending him?
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

1. Jim and Taylor fishing - didn't think they were 'that' tight yet!

2. Hiring whatisname as a spy - not so bad!

3. Josh...at least you realised you were an idiot.

4. Horton - way too blatent.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Really good episode. I enjoyed watching it again the other day, when my wife finally got around to watching it.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Ah okay for smaller fish, in real life, I guess but I still thought it was a ridiculous scene considering they were going to have to cut the line on the marlin. There are beasties everywhere but apparently they only conveniently appear when the plot calls for them. I can't believe how much wandering off these people do....
                              Those fish push 200 pounds. In the Carolinas they pull in huge tiger sharks off piers. The fishing spot probably has more to do with few carnivores plus easy casting to deep water.

Comment

Working...
                              X