• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nightfall (107)

Visit the Episode GuideTERRA NOVA - SEASON ONE
    NIGHTFALL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 107
    A crashing meteor wipes out all technology and wreaks havoc on the colony. Meanwhile, Maddy and Reynolds are stuck out in the wilderness. Back at Terra Nova, Elisabeth and Skye must work together to save a life, Taylor tries to prevent Mira and the "Sixers" from invading, and a mystery man makes his presence known. (FOX)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 13 November 2011, 11:29 AM.

That was a pretty decent Episode. A great balance between the Family Story and the Action and as I love it alot of Intel.

So I wonder why Taylor had no idea what the Box was for. Since it is all connected to his Son, I would expect him to know more about whats going on.

The Guy from the Bar gives me a Stomach ache, today he helped Taylor, while he probably was the one who told Mira where the Box was hidden. It is a dangerous Game that guy is playing and I can imagine him being rejected by one or the other side in the course of this Season.

Reynolds(I think thats the name of that Soldier) is going a bit on my nerves. I would buy this whole Gentleman act if it wasnt so over the top. I mean, they are in a Dangerous Situation, she needs help, and still he manages to be the Gentleman to say "I dont mean to be disrespecting, but....". A simple sorry would have worked too.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Indeed. Pretty good episode. And how come they didn't posses "normal" mechanical weapons? With what happened with Washington in '37 it should have been very obvious the limitations of electronic firing pins. And with the technologies they possed in 2149 an EMP would be relative easy to produce and on in instant an whole army would be without guns. Very idiotic to employ those guns in a battlefield. As more and more episodes pass i get the sensation that it is not Boylan who is passing information to Mira.
      sigpic
      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
        Indeed. Pretty good episode. And how come they didn't posses "normal" mechanical weapons? With what happened with Washington in '37 it should have been very obvious the limitations of electronic firing pins. And with the technologies they possed in 2149 an EMP would be relative easy to produce and on in instant an whole army would be without guns. Very idiotic to employ those guns in a battlefield. As more and more episodes pass i get the sensation that it is not Boylan who is passing information to Mira.
        I originally thought it was Skye, but his second in command is my suspect now.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
          I originally thought it was Skye, but his second in command is my suspect now.
          I'm still sticking with Guzman, even though he seems to have disappeared from the show.

I suppose it wasn't that bad an episode. I was wondering when a minor meteor strike would have some effect on the colony.

How the heck did Boylan (the barkeep) ever get into a migration? What skills does he bring to the table which made folks say, "Hey, let's sign this guy up!"

Reynolds wanting to take Maddy out for a picnic was a nice idea. Why did he have to pick a spot which was several kilometers away from the colony? Even if he had a pretty good idea that the area would be clear of dangerous dinos (from him routinely patrolling the area), how could he be sure that a number of Sixers wouldn't be walking by and take advantage of the situation?

I figure the reason for there not being any traditional weaponry (guns + bullets) goes back to the producers choice of using non-lethal (to dinosaurs) weapons. I would have assumed that more than one military type in the colony would have brought along some kind of back up weapon, kind of like Hicks had a shotgun for "...close encounters". That we didn't see or hear any reference about them suggests that they do not exist in the colony. The Sixers could well be a long way ahead of the colonists in an arms race for bows and arrows due to their running low on ammunition.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
            I figure the reason for there not being any traditional weaponry (guns + bullets) goes back to the producers choice of using non-lethal (to dinosaurs) weapons. I would have assumed that more than one military type in the colony would have brought along some kind of back up weapon, kind of like Hicks had a shotgun for "...close encounters". That we didn't see or hear any reference about them suggests that they do not exist in the colony. The Sixers could well be a long way ahead of the colonists in an arms race for bows and arrows due to their running low on ammunition.
            It was more about the firing pin it self but good point. I believe the they have lethal weapons, at least the weapons Josh, Skie and company used the fend of the slashers sounded very lethal.
            sigpic
            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
              I'm still sticking with Guzman, even though he seems to have disappeared from the show.

I suppose it wasn't that bad an episode. I was wondering when a minor meteor strike would have some effect on the colony.

How the heck did Boylan (the barkeep) ever get into a migration? What skills does he bring to the table which made folks say, "Hey, let's sign this guy up!"

Reynolds wanting to take Maddy out for a picnic was a nice idea. Why did he have to pick a spot which was several kilometers away from the colony? Even if he had a pretty good idea that the area would be clear of dangerous dinos (from him routinely patrolling the area), how could he be sure that a number of Sixers wouldn't be walking by and take advantage of the situation?

regards,
              G.
              A guy that can fabricate cpus would be a valuable asset. My guess is a person with that capability is probably handy at doing a great many things.

Comment

A guy that can fabricate cpus would be a valuable asset. My guess is a person with that capability is probably handy at doing a great many things.
                Probably has PhD in Electric Engeneering and/or Computer Science also have a great deal of knowledge about chimestry.
                sigpic

Comment

Boylan isn't the spy. he can't be. he's an opportunist, yes, but he is merely the "messenger". if you need someone, he finds that person. he knows that person. you need a guitar, he shows you a guitar maker, etc.

yup. i wonder how his CPU maker still worked though.

another thing: the Data Core is shielded from EMP's. why wouldn't they seal 1 CPU maker in an anti-EMP "Box"

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    Boylan isn't the spy. he can't be. he's an opportunist, yes, but he is merely the "messenger". if you need someone, he finds that person. he knows that person. you need a guitar, he shows you a guitar maker, etc.

yup. i wonder how his CPU maker still worked though.

another thing: the Data Core is shielded from EMP's. why wouldn't they seal 1 CPU maker in an anti-EMP "Box"
                    What makes you think the cpu maker isn't stored in a safe place?

Comment

What makes you think the cpu maker isn't stored in a safe place?
                      Because it got fried?
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

the only working one was with the barkeeper. surely someone else must've thought "what to do in case of EMP"

Comment

the only working one was with the barkeeper. surely someone else must've thought "what to do in case of EMP"
                          go ask the bartender worked out pretty good for them

Comment

it's not much of a failsafe when your entire future depends on a single man and his device.

Comment

it's not much of a failsafe when your entire future depends on a single man and his device.
                              It's a pretty good gig if you're the bartender.

Comment

Working...
                              X