This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Aschen, most underrated bad guys?

I would like to see these guys return in stargate but with the series winding down that looks unlikely. They are pretty awsome tho, they manage to destroy the goa'uld in the life times of o'neil and carter.

Also if the Wraith ever made it to our Galaxy to start culling everyone I reckon they might come seriously unstuck once they bumped into the Aschen which they woudl inevitably would. I know the Aschen got given some duff gate addresses by o'neil including the black hole address but if SG1 could figure out a way to shut the gate off then surely an advanced race like the Aschen could.

their rubbish

wraith would destroy them in 1 clean sweep/cull
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      their rubbish

Yah i dont think the Aschen can compare with the other races nemore, even the Goa'uld have now surpassed them (through my eyes they do) now. Plus, with the Replicators, i doubt they could defend against them, although their brains maybe useful? Just darn them being 'bad'!
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

i wonder if the aschen will ask for our help
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

i wonder if the aschen will ask for our help
          I've always thought they were indefinitely wiped out. (not sure if indefinitely is the right word)

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
            Yah i dont think the Aschen can compare with the other races nemore, even the Goa'uld have now surpassed them (through my eyes they do) now. Plus, with the Replicators, i doubt they could defend against them, although their brains maybe useful? Just darn them being 'bad'!
            The Goa'uld have surpassed them now? How do you work that one out? The episode 2010 was called 2010 because it was set in the year 2010 remember, who's to say that with the help of the Aschen that Earth didn't face and defeat Anubis in the year 2003 along with the rest of the Goa'uld? A race with the technology to increase the the size of a gas giant and turn it into a star is pretty advanced.

Dunno about the Replicators tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
              I've always thought they were indefinitely wiped out. (not sure if indefinitely is the right word)
              Are you thinking of the Tollen? They got wiped out by the Goa'uld using advanced weaponry and sheilds provided by Anubis.

Comment

their rubbish

*rolls eyes* Why exactly are they rubbish then?

Comment

We got lucky with the black hole...just because we figured it out doesnt mean that they would.

similiar to the asgard needing our help because we would think of something in a way they wouldnt, ie, projectile weapons n blowing up their own ship...

The aschen might end up not thinking like we do, not having someone like carter to figure out the dynamics of a weapon they might not have or might not think of. they use other means to destroy...they might not have what they need.

they might, but to assume because they have done other things that would automaticaly be able to handle a black hole sucking their planet in...is highly unlikely..

especially by now the planet would be a lot closer to the black hole...

Comment

Originally posted by LostGodAnubis
                    We got lucky with the black hole...just because we figured it out doesnt mean that they would.

similiar to the asgard needing our help because we would think of something in a way they wouldnt, ie, projectile weapons n blowing up their own ship...

The aschen might end up not thinking like we do, not having someone like carter to figure out the dynamics of a weapon they might not have or might not think of. they use other means to destroy...they might not have what they need.

they might, but to assume because they have done other things that would automaticaly be able to handle a black hole sucking their planet in...is highly unlikely..

especially by now the planet would be a lot closer to the black hole...
                    It was throught the application of science that carter came up with the idea to fix the black hole problem, we got lucky in implementing it tho because of our limited capabilities. They are way more advanced that us technologicaly so it's logical to assume they would come up with an effective scientific solution to the black hole problem just as well did.

Highly unlikely my arse. it's not like Carter though "hmmms lets try something random like this" and got lucky. The Aschen know how to fiddle around with the mass of a gas giant, that shows they have a detailed understanting mass and gravity. Black holes are all about mass and gravity.

Half the things you have said there are blanket assumptions with nothing to back them up.

Comment

We'll see....just because they can do one thing, doesnt mean they can do another.

You can assume they could take care of it, ill assume they cant

Comment

We'll see....just because they can do one thing, doesnt mean they can do another.

You can assume they could take care of it, ill assume they cant
                        Thats a retarded what to think tbh it's like saying "Just cos I can scratch my arse with my left had doesn't mean you can"

There's always the possablity that you have no left had or are crippled etc etc but it's far more likely that you have a left had and can indeed scratch your arse with it. The same logic applies to the situation with the Aschen and the black hole.

Here's another historcaly true example of your flawed "just cos we can don't mean they can logic" Not word for word accurate but this actually happened.

The year is 1941

Somewhere In Whitehall London

Admiral 1: Things in the Pacific are starting to heat up old bean
                        Admiral 2: *puffs cigar* *sips brandy* hmmmm
                        Admiral 1: Their carrier borne aviators look to be quite a threat
                        Admiral 2: pffft they can't fly planes properly like us
                        Admiral 1: What makes you say that old bean *puffs cigar*
                        Admiral 2: Well they can't see properly out of them silly squinty eyes
                        Admiral 1: Ah yes good show old chap.

Japans Carrier borne aviators then went on a batter the allies in the pacific for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
                          Are you thinking of the Tollen? They got wiped out by the Goa'uld using advanced weaponry and sheilds provided by Anubis.
                          I'm pretty sure i was thinking of the Aschen, although you did make me think it was the Tollan, so i checked out the race database in Gateworld, and when Carter left Joe and went through the Stargate, i've always thought they were 'bye bye', but yes, its been a while since i watched the episode.

Comment

And my point about the asgard....they wouldnt have thought to do the things we were doing. sometimes just because u are more advanced in some ways doesnt mean you will be able to do something.

Your reasoning is just as flawed...so ur saying because i can scratch with my left hand, ur automatically able to with urs? like u said, u might not have a left hand

Your assuming just as many things, just because they are more advanced doesnt mean theyd be able to do something just because we did it. Your logic is just as flawed backwards.

Its easier for you to say, they are more advanced so theyd be able to...

Comment

And my point about the asgard....they wouldnt have thought to do the things we were doing. sometimes just because u are more advanced in some ways doesnt mean you will be able to do something.

Your reasoning is just as flawed...so ur saying because i can scratch with my left hand, ur automatically able to with urs? like u said, u might not have a left hand

Your assuming just as many things, just because they are more advanced doesnt mean theyd be able to do something just because we did it. Your logic is just as flawed backwards.

Its easier for you to say, they are more advanced so theyd be able to...
                              The situation with the asgard was to do with an apporch in tactics and using primative weapons to defeat an advanced enemy. that's the Asgard tho not the Aschen it's a blanket assumption to assume same thing applies to a completly different race.

My reasoning is not as flawed you fool go read what I said again cos it seems to have gone right over your head. you said

"Your reasoning is just as flawed...so ur saying because i can scratch with my left hand, ur automatically able to with urs? like u said, u might not have a left hand"

In my last post I didn't say your automaticaly able to scratch your arse with your left hand just cos I can. I said it's likely because it's unlikely that your gonna not have a left had or be crippled etc. Most people on this planet have a useable left had you fool that means it more likely and therefore safe to assume in that situation.

I'm assuming things that are safe to assume and I'm backing them up with some facts where you just make blanket assumptions with nothing to back them up.

Comment

Working...
                              X