Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Two Chrichtons: Cheesy ploy, or masterpiece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, so true

Comment

i think that's why I'm finding season 3 to be absolutely amazing. You have to distinctive alternates with seperate storylines and it's just fresh and well written and delivered. I keep forgetting by the end of the that there was the Moya crew to think of. I was more emmersed with Tayln crew because of the relationship forming between that John and Aeryn and they seemed to have better plots.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
        I started to hate Aeryn and her "I simply can't love ya even if you're Crichton because you're not the same and I don't want you to die...". Aeryn ruined so many episodes because she can't accept that the guy who died was Crichton and the other Crichton just is missing a couple months of memory.
        But why hate her? Why hate someone who lost the love of her life?
        This is the reason why I think this storyline was genius. Because while both Crichtons started with the same set of memories, they changed because of what they encountered, much the same as Crichton already had changed because of everything he had experienced.
        So TalynJohn and Aeryn finally became a couple, they were so comfortable with each other and it's obvious that they were very happy. Wen TalynJohn died, her love died. It would've been lazy writing and made this whole storyline obsolete if it hadn't made any difference to Aeryn after that. TalynJohn and MoyaJohn each became independant characters, TalynJohn's death therefore had such a big impact that doing the usual "Nothing ever happened thing" would've been crazy.
        It's only logical that Aeryn behaved the way she did and it is extremely unfair to judge or hate Aeryn because of that.
        Yes, MoyaJohn suffered because of her behaviour, but seriously, she lost the man she loved, she needed time to mourn him and to heal in order to be able to see that this man was still with her.
        TalynJohn dying was the same as if Crichton had died. I mean, I cried my eyes out when he died, because he wasn't some random clone, he was Crichton.
        That's all folks.

Comment

Well.
          A-It's Crichton, not Chriton.
          B- Talyn-Crichton basically had the same ending as Moya-Crichton

"TalynC died when he used the Wormhole weapon on Scarrans and died on a bed at a Leviathan with Stark helping him across."
          "MoyaC died when he used the Wormhole weapon on Scarrans and Sebaceans(and gave mercy) and lived on a bed at a Leviathan with a nice speech from Stark."
          To be unforgivable on spelling is one thing, but getting plot wrong is another! The other Crichton never died. He went into a coma and recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
            To be unforgivable on spelling is one thing, but getting plot wrong is another! The other Crichton never died. He went into a coma and recovered.
            Sorry, I guess back then I had forgotten the plot(I've never really completely seen the miniseries).

Yes, MoyaC went into a coma when he used the Wormhole weapon on Scarrans and Sebaceans(and gave mercy) and recovered on a bed at a Leviathan with a nice speech from Stark.
            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin View Post
              But why hate her? Why hate someone who lost the love of her life?
              This is the reason why I think this storyline was genius. Because while both Crichtons started with the same set of memories, they changed because of what they encountered, much the same as Crichton already had changed because of everything he had experienced.
              So TalynJohn and Aeryn finally became a couple, they were so comfortable with each other and it's obvious that they were very happy. Wen TalynJohn died, her love died. It would've been lazy writing and made this whole storyline obsolete if it hadn't made any difference to Aeryn after that. TalynJohn and MoyaJohn each became independant characters, TalynJohn's death therefore had such a big impact that doing the usual "Nothing ever happened thing" would've been crazy.
              It's only logical that Aeryn behaved the way she did and it is extremely unfair to judge or hate Aeryn because of that.
              Yes, MoyaJohn suffered because of her behaviour, but seriously, she lost the man she loved, she needed time to mourn him and to heal in order to be able to see that this man was still with her.
              TalynJohn dying was the same as if Crichton had died. I mean, I cried my eyes out when he died, because he wasn't some random clone, he was Crichton.
              Yes, I get it. But even after Aeryn and MoyaCrichton discovered that they loved each other, they kept on going with these long, dull "trying to get past ya but I can't" storylines. In Season 3, it was great, but they took SOOO long to get over it. Way too long, even for reality.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Exactly how many solar days would you have expected Aeryn to mourn the love of her life and then say, okay I'm done, now Moya John let's start a relationship. I think it's kind of realistic that her relationship with Tayln-John would hold her back from Crighten on Moya.
                sigpic

Comment

Sure, but it should've been a B-Plot. Or even better, a C-Plot. It constantly interfered with the Peacekeeper/Scarran war plotline. Couldn't Aeryn and Crichton put their problems aside, deal with the war and then get back to bickering why they can't love each other?

Comment

I honestly thought that what she was trying to do, but because this was new to her, I don't think she knew how to handle and in my honest opinion, every chance they tried to get a handle on it, something always happened. To be fair, it isn't exactly Aeryn's fault.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sure, but it should've been a B-Plot. Or even better, a C-Plot. It constantly interfered with the Peacekeeper/Scarran war plotline. Couldn't Aeryn and Crichton put their problems aside, deal with the war and then get back to bickering why they can't love each other?
                      You can't put your life (and emotions and all) on hold just like that.
                      And I agree with Darkland.
                      But we can still agree to disagree
                      sigpic

Comment

I think the relationship itself was portrayed to the viewers that there was a connection there, but there are circumstances that prevented them from getting together. Such as their own need to get home to be with where they belonged, and their own emotional entrapment. It's the whole psychology behind John and Aeryn I am fascinated with. We have one ready to declare his love for her, and we have this new ex-peace keeper who had an affair with the other Crighten and couldn't seperate the two in her mind after Tayln-John died.

The final scene at the end when they let loose on everything is what I was hoping for - to finally have some realsm to the relationship.
                        sigpic

Comment

Overall, the double Crichton story was masterpiece but the Crichton/Aeryn/Crichton B triangle after that was disaster.

Comment

Overall, the double Crichton story was masterpiece but the Crichton/Aeryn/Crichton B triangle after that was disaster.
                            I respectfully disagree, I believe the love triangle created a complexity to the over all story line of Farscape and allowed the writers liberty to expand the story line down multiple paths. When Crichton A stays on Moya and Crichton B goes off with Aeryn on Talon, you see the conflict that Crichton A goes through, can he really get mad at himself, if given the same opportunity wouldn't he have done the same thing as Crichton B?

All in all, I enjoyed the divergence of the story lines between the Moya Crichton and the Talon Crichton that was first created by the duplication of Crichton. Anyway this is just my opinion.....

Comment

I appreciate the complexity of Aeryn and John's relationship throughout the series. Have watched Natural Election when in the end John tells her:

John: Aeryn... I figure a relationship - the kind we're not having - is based on trust.

Aeryn: (her voice husky) I'm so sorry.

John: Yeah. Me too. (long pause) 'Cos you don't - trust me. So I don't know how to trust you.

Aeryn: I think I've earned your trust.

John: I would put my life - in your hands. But not my heart. (there's another long silence as they both struggle with their disappointment and loss at what to do about it. When Aeryn responds, her voice is tight with the effort to keep tears at bay)

Aeryn: So what's it gonna take? What do I have to do?

John: Just come back... When you have your story straight.

I think this is the point where he realized that Aeryn couldn't toy with his feelings. He loved her, and I don't doubt she loved him. At this point she had to make up her own mind whether she really wanted him or not. Clearly I don't think he believed her about the baby. (that's my interpretation). I'm thinking it's still T-John's baby.

He's basically done trying to chase after her at this point , so he's taken the hard road Aeryn had in the beginning. Her hot and cold feelings, especially with what happened in the hangar at the end of the season 3 finale, had to be sorted out.John didn't believe her at this point.
                              sigpic

Comment

Two Crichtons: Cheesy ploy or masterpiece?

In my opinion, both.

Comment

Working...
                                X