Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The two Chrichtons: Cheesy ploy, or masterpeice?

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore4261 View Post
    Really?? No need for the spelling police ... you know who it is.
    Seems like a new Farscaper has joined Gateworld. Hi, Gateworld's super, so don't do like 40% people who just never come back.
    Anyway, in SG-1, I think they should've allowed the robot Jack stick around. Or use a plot arc like this. TWO Jack O'Neills would've been perhaps even more priceless.

"Change, my dear. And it seems, not a moment too soon." - The Sixth Doctor.

The only thing I did not like about the twin arc was the whinny moppy Aeryn that appeared when Moya and Talyn reunitied
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    The only thing I did not like about the twin arc was the whinny moppy Aeryn that appeared when Moya and Talyn reunitied
    I started to hate Aeryn and her "I simply can't love ya even if you're Crichton because you're not the same and I don't want you to die...". Aeryn ruined so many episodes because she can't accept that the guy who died was Crichton and the other Crichton just is missing a couple months of memory.

I loved the two Crichton story lines and thought it it worked out really well. Just watched the episode where Taylon Crichton dies - cast did a fantastic job with that. Looking forward to seeing what will happen when they reunite.

Because one wasn't a clone or anything of the sort, the show managed to handle the two of them extremely well and both developed in two different ways almost like alternative realities. I did notice that the Crichton on Moya was more obsessed with Wormwholes and less patient with his crew members, less likely to listen to reason. While Taylon Crichton was calmer and more focused.

All in all love the arc

Chief Master Sergeant TennisMennis's Avatar

I was not offended or put off by the double Crichtons (sp?). I thought it was interesting and different. I thought they handled it well indeed.
    - The Truth is Out There!

I loved the Two Crightens, I ignore the fact that one of them a clone because they are essentially the same person. Tayln Crighten's death was beautiful , handled in such a poetic way, and it was all the sad to see it though because you could see the love between Aeryn and John was so very real and the fact that he made the ultimate sacrifice in order to save his friends and whatever else, just really shows how different we see John from season to now at this point.

I noticed that too, Moya-John obsessed with the wormholes then Tayln-John, but it brought so much though into the episodes, with the tension with D'argo, Pilot, Jool and Chiana. I think that obsession for that worm hole and to get home drives him in a way that it hasn't driven the others.

Aeryn ruined so many episodes because she can't accept that the guy who died was Crichton and the other Crichton just is missing a couple months of memory.
    I'm confused by this. In the episodes that preceeded them to join Tayln wasn't he the clone that followed her? Nonetheless, though the relationship was very real and I just loved the fact they full steamed ahead with the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkland View Post
    II'm confused by this. In the episodes that preceeded them to join Tayln wasn't he the clone that followed her? Nonetheless, though the relationship was very real and I just loved the fact they full steamed ahead with the relationship.
    He is talking about after Talyn Cricheton died and how Aeryn shuts out Moya Circheton because of the experence of losing the other Cricheton. It annoyed me as well. I find John and Aeryn while done great was overused at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

I hope to add my opinion into that particular aspect of the relationship when I finish watching the series. Seems to me a great deal of tension between them will occur (which is not suprisingly).

I wonder if she knew deep down though that she was allowing herself to fall in love with Crighten because wanted to believe that there no clone....? Just a thought.

At first the two Crichtons episodes really irritated me, but as I watched and re-watched the series, it grew on me, and I could understand the plot twist and complexity that the writers were portraying. As has been said on several occasions in the past, by various sources, Farscape is one of the few if only series to allow a long time relationship to form between the main characters without bring the chemistry/series to a halt.

Actually the two Crichtons episode, allowed the writers to create disparate story lines that allowed Crichton to expand his relationship with Aeryn while doing the same with those who were left on Moya.

Gosh, if only we could get some more Farscape

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGriff View Post
    At first the two Crichtons episodes really irritated me, but as I watched and re-watched the series, it grew on me, and I could understand the plot twist and complexity that the writers were portraying. As has been said on several occasions in the past, by various sources, Farscape is one of the few if only series to allow a long time relationship to form between the main characters without bring the chemistry/series to a halt.

Actually the two Crichtons episode, allowed the writers to create disparate story lines that allowed Crichton to expand his relationship with Aeryn while doing the same with those who were left on Moya.

Gosh, if only we could get some more Farscape
    With more Farscape, the world would be a better place IMO.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

True, so true

i think that's why I'm finding season 3 to be absolutely amazing. You have to distinctive alternates with seperate storylines and it's just fresh and well written and delivered. I keep forgetting by the end of the that there was the Moya crew to think of. I was more emmersed with Tayln crew because of the relationship forming between that John and Aeryn and they seemed to have better plots.

Quote Originally Posted by rushy View Post
    I started to hate Aeryn and her "I simply can't love ya even if you're Crichton because you're not the same and I don't want you to die...". Aeryn ruined so many episodes because she can't accept that the guy who died was Crichton and the other Crichton just is missing a couple months of memory.
    But why hate her? Why hate someone who lost the love of her life?
    This is the reason why I think this storyline was genius. Because while both Crichtons started with the same set of memories, they changed because of what they encountered, much the same as Crichton already had changed because of everything he had experienced.
    So TalynJohn and Aeryn finally became a couple, they were so comfortable with each other and it's obvious that they were very happy. Wen TalynJohn died, her love died. It would've been lazy writing and made this whole storyline obsolete if it hadn't made any difference to Aeryn after that. TalynJohn and MoyaJohn each became independant characters, TalynJohn's death therefore had such a big impact that doing the usual "Nothing ever happened thing" would've been crazy.
    It's only logical that Aeryn behaved the way she did and it is extremely unfair to judge or hate Aeryn because of that.
    Yes, MoyaJohn suffered because of her behaviour, but seriously, she lost the man she loved, she needed time to mourn him and to heal in order to be able to see that this man was still with her.
    TalynJohn dying was the same as if Crichton had died. I mean, I cried my eyes out when he died, because he wasn't some random clone, he was Crichton.
    That's all folks.

Captain

Well.
    A-It's Crichton, not Chriton.
    B- Talyn-Crichton basically had the same ending as Moya-Crichton

"TalynC died when he used the Wormhole weapon on Scarrans and died on a bed at a Leviathan with Stark helping him across."
    "MoyaC died when he used the Wormhole weapon on Scarrans and Sebaceans(and gave mercy) and lived on a bed at a Leviathan with a nice speech from Stark."
    To be unforgivable on spelling is one thing, but getting plot wrong is another! The other Crichton never died. He went into a coma and recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor View Post
    To be unforgivable on spelling is one thing, but getting plot wrong is another! The other Crichton never died. He went into a coma and recovered.
    Sorry, I guess back then I had forgotten the plot(I've never really completely seen the miniseries).

Yes, MoyaC went into a coma when he used the Wormhole weapon on Scarrans and Sebaceans(and gave mercy) and recovered on a bed at a Leviathan with a nice speech from Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwin View Post
    But why hate her? Why hate someone who lost the love of her life?
    This is the reason why I think this storyline was genius. Because while both Crichtons started with the same set of memories, they changed because of what they encountered, much the same as Crichton already had changed because of everything he had experienced.
    So TalynJohn and Aeryn finally became a couple, they were so comfortable with each other and it's obvious that they were very happy. Wen TalynJohn died, her love died. It would've been lazy writing and made this whole storyline obsolete if it hadn't made any difference to Aeryn after that. TalynJohn and MoyaJohn each became independant characters, TalynJohn's death therefore had such a big impact that doing the usual "Nothing ever happened thing" would've been crazy.
    It's only logical that Aeryn behaved the way she did and it is extremely unfair to judge or hate Aeryn because of that.
    Yes, MoyaJohn suffered because of her behaviour, but seriously, she lost the man she loved, she needed time to mourn him and to heal in order to be able to see that this man was still with her.
    TalynJohn dying was the same as if Crichton had died. I mean, I cried my eyes out when he died, because he wasn't some random clone, he was Crichton.
    Yes, I get it. But even after Aeryn and MoyaCrichton discovered that they loved each other, they kept on going with these long, dull "trying to get past ya but I can't" storylines. In Season 3, it was great, but they took SOOO long to get over it. Way too long, even for reality.

Exactly how many solar days would you have expected Aeryn to mourn the love of her life and then say, okay I'm done, now Moya John let's start a relationship. I think it's kind of realistic that her relationship with Tayln-John would hold her back from Crighten on Moya.

Sure, but it should've been a B-Plot. Or even better, a C-Plot. It constantly interfered with the Peacekeeper/Scarran war plotline. Couldn't Aeryn and Crichton put their problems aside, deal with the war and then get back to bickering why they can't love each other?

I honestly thought that what she was trying to do, but because this was new to her, I don't think she knew how to handle and in my honest opinion, every chance they tried to get a handle on it, something always happened. To be fair, it isn't exactly Aeryn's fault.

Sure, but it should've been a B-Plot. Or even better, a C-Plot. It constantly interfered with the Peacekeeper/Scarran war plotline. Couldn't Aeryn and Crichton put their problems aside, deal with the war and then get back to bickering why they can't love each other?
    You can't put your life (and emotions and all) on hold just like that.
    And I agree with Darkland.
    But we can still agree to disagree