No announcement yet.

Within the Serpent's Grasp (121)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was quite surprised to see it was a two parter leading into a new season! But a good one though
    __

__

Comment

The first good episode of Stargate. i like ships and space episodes.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

I liked it a lot, of course, but the budget limitations were obvious. It seemed like they were always walking down the same corridors and stepping into the same rooms even when the team is supposed to be traversing other parts of the ship. The reveals of Skaara and Bra'tac are priceless.
        END OF LINE

Comment

sat here watching, slightly worse for wear, and thinking this is what Stargate is all about, massive team interaction from O'Neill to everyone else (love Davies cardie) SG2 ready to jump in after our guys. Anyone doing a pilot season should look at this and recognise it as infinate episode that cries out for continuation, and I'm only 13 minutes in. Who would have known that eight years down the line we would still be here, doesn't it make you feel proud

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
            I was quite surprised to see it was a two parter leading into a new season! But a good one though
            I think it was more of a four parter, and a nice long running storyline. I've always prefered long running story threads, which is probably why I enjoyed Babylon 5
            sigpic

Comment

Same here. Having a longer running story line was what also helped save Enterprise in season 3.

Ok, I'm losing myself. I loved this episode. Yes, it is a four-parter. (including 'there but for the grace of god', 'polotics' and 'serpent's lair')I think this was this season's best episode.
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I love this episode: as far as season finales go, I think it's one of the better ones. Unfortunately, it tends to run together with "Serpent's Lair" in my mind, so I THINK that most of these things are from the correct ep. Feel free to shout and scream if I'm off an ep, and with any luck I'll get around to fixing it. I make no promises.

What was good:
                a. "It's surgical attack, Teal'c, and I'd feel like an idiot." To which I'm always respond to the TV, "Is that an unusual feeling for you, sir?" But that's just from someone who gets kicked out of the cinema because she shouts advice at the screen. Anyway, I think it's funny.
                b. Skarra! I DID not expect him to pop up! And I loved how Skarra more or less made Klorel make the priest stop before killing Teal'c. Go Skarra!
                c. Lots of action: Makes up for some of the longer drawn-out sit-on-our-butts-and-mope-about eps. I like emotional ones as much as the next fan, but some variation is nice.
                d. Samuels. Although I wish it had been Maybourne.
                e. The end. The pan-out was a brilliant effect, emphasising just how small they were on that massive ship.
                f. The ship's decor--I like the hieroglyphics everywhere (although they must be murder to dust).
                g. MY NAME WAS INTRODUCED, as someone (I think it was Asgard VA) kindly pointed out. LONG LIVE THE ZATS!

What wasn't good:
                a. hang on...lemme think...ah, got something! Goa'uld ships always seem to me like they were designed especially with intruders in mind. Who in their right minds would put hidey-holes all over the place?!

And that's it until I think of something else.

Comment

I noticed that Ferretti was in this episode. I like him so let's bring him back.

Comment

A so-so season ender, a decent setup to S2’s premiere….

Funny J/T interaction:
                    Teal’c: “I believe a medical attack could be successful.”
                    Jack: “Surgical attack, Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack…”
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

it happens to me too. when i think of this episode i think about the first epi from the second season. they are my favorite episode so far. i'm barely in season two so we'll see if things change.

Comment

Really good ep. Good cliffhanger and season finale. Whats not to like about getting on a alien ship and learning all kinds of new gadgets and stuf. Including my favorite the zat.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          A so-so season ender, a decent setup to S2’s premiere….

Funny J/T interaction:
                          Teal’c: “I believe a medical attack could be successful.”
                          Jack: “Surgical attack, Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack…”

Isn't it "Surgical strike"?

The little corners for spies, assasins, and sabatouers to hide were a little weird.

I liked the part where Jack tells Apophis that their is an entire human army hidden on the ship
                          Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

this was a good episode... i did not know who Ska'ra was at all but aside from that...i like almost any episode with Apophis in it and yes i liked the introductions to the zats
                            "A general is only as good as the people he commands."

Comment

Just watched it again last night and I must say that this is one great episode! The build up to it in "There but for the grace of gods" and in "Politics" all add up to create a great deal of excitement and tension.

Plus this is the show were things start to happen in space and we get the zat´s into play. And to top all of that off we get to see Ferretti again, just notices that for the first time.

Comment

wow! i saw the episode again the same day you whatched it............cool!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Working...
                                X