No announcement yet.

Within the Serpent's Grasp (121)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most believe that 'other family' were the ones responsible to raise and care for Apophis's son, that way if someone attacked apophis directly they would not also get his son in the blasting..

Comment

Alright, I zipped through Season 1 with my Netflix subscription, but I'm still waiting for the Season 2 DVDs to arrive. According to Netflix there is a "Long Wait" and "Very Long Wait" for the first two Season 2 discs, which includes "The Serpent's Lair". I can only surmise that Season 2 is quite a bit more popular than Season 1!

Comment

Classic Stargate. Action, adventure, humor, and a cliffhanger ending.

Rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...nts-grasp.html
        My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
        http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RobertF View Post
          Alright, I zipped through Season 1 with my Netflix subscription, but I'm still waiting for the Season 2 DVDs to arrive. According to Netflix there is a "Long Wait" and "Very Long Wait" for the first two Season 2 discs, which includes "The Serpent's Lair". I can only surmise that Season 2 is quite a bit more popular than Season 1!
          I wouldn't say that, I don't think the second is any more popular than the first. As a matter of fact I would think that more people start the series than finish the entire thing. So a lot of people would be watching the first season and not going through with the rest. However, it could be explained by people purchasing the first season not liking it enough to buy the second so they rent off of Netflix. To tell you the truth it is probably just a coincidence.
          sigpic

Comment

(On A More Relevant Note)

I feel that all of the C4 and secondary explosions they had going for them wouldn't have taken out that entire ship. I would think it would disable the ship make it unable to fly, but that thing exploded like it was lined with explosive material. It would have to be in order to take out the second ship with it.

I just didn't buy that part of the episode, however, I really liked the rest of it.
            sigpic

Comment

Argh! Cliffhanger! I hate that...

But, this is a totally exciting episode. Lots of action. Goaulds and Jaffa. Zat guns and Staff weapons. Ships! and Deathgliders. Wow.

I can't wait for my season 2 DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                Argh! Cliffhanger! I hate that...

But, this is a totally exciting episode. Lots of action. Goaulds and Jaffa. Zat guns and Staff weapons. Ships! and Deathgliders. Wow.

I can't wait for my season 2 DVDs.
                Actually this was the first episode that they get their hands on Zat guns. The whole first shot stuns, second shot kills, and third shot disintegrates was a little over the edge. I never really bought the entire third shot thing. I don't think the writers did either, because it was only included in like two other episodes.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                  Actually this was the first episode that they get their hands on Zat guns.
                  I know.

I've just started watching this series and I just finished watching season 1 for the first time today. So everything is fresh and exciting for me. Being a newbie fan is not so bad. I just need to be careful of threads with spoilers.

I love that in this ep, so many new things were introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                    I know.

I've just started watching this series and I just finished watching season 1 for the first time today. So everything is fresh and exciting for me. Being a newbie fan is not so bad. I just need to be careful of threads with spoilers.

I love that in this ep, so many new things were introduced.
                    I often wish that I could be a completely new viewer I am re-watching all the episodes from the beginning in preparation for Atlantis season 5 and Stargate continuum. I am currently on season 2 episode 8 Family, this is my third time through watching all of the episodes. But I know what you mean seeing them on a Goa'uld mother ship was really exciting.
                    sigpic

Comment

I always loved this episode and re-watching it again (in order) just makes me realise why I did. Well shot, scripted, acted and lots of new things we learned about the ship and the first time we saw Zat guns (I personally like the 3 shot thing however believe it is or isn't). An awesome cliff-hanger.

I like the SG-1 black ops uniform they went for, remind me of their current uniform. Still looks good on them - looks like Daniel didn't take his glasses/took them off a bit, a little strange.

Interesting how nobody ended up reading the sarcophicus. I mean Daniel didn't even try, they just seemed to forget and move on.

Good to see Skaara/Klorel again, first swear word in Stargate SG-1 (I think in this episode) by Jack and rightfully so I think with his emotions just going into overload.

Had to chuckle when Daniel said "I'll just go tell the pilot that" and Jack's comment "I wonder if it will get Showtime" what so they can watch Stargate themselves.

Our first look at glinders within their housings on the ship, looked cool seeing them old into them.

The best thing about watching the DVD is to be continued... doesn't hold as much suspense when you know you can grab the next DVD and carry on.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Well LEE It's never too late to start & you've just picked the BEST Sci-Fi show in history & this is coming from a person who's been a Star Trek fan since Kirk was on prime time. I still love Star Trek, but SG1 kicks some serious butt. Most everyone has pointed out everything good about this ep already so instead of a rehash, I'll just say that this season closure is fitting for a show we've all come to love.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1FanOregon View Post
                          Well LEE It's never too late to start & you've just picked the BEST Sci-Fi show in history & this is coming from a person who's been a Star Trek fan since Kirk was on prime time. I still love Star Trek, but SG1 kicks some serious butt. Most everyone has pointed out everything good about this ep already so instead of a rehash, I'll just say that this season closure is fitting for a show we've all come to love.
                          Yes Star Trek watched it ever since I was a kid...SG1 though takes the cake. It is a great show...(loves watching the repeats.) Though it didn't have tribbles in it, though still managed to get into their own hehe troubles...

Comment

Originally posted by ValaDee View Post
                            Yes Star Trek watched it ever since I was a kid...SG1 though takes the cake. It is a great show...(loves watching the repeats.) Though it didn't have tribbles in it, though still managed to get into their own hehe troubles...
                            Mmmmmm TRIBBLES!!!! Battered, deep fried, & dipped in Ranch. Better than popcorn chicken YUM!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SG1FanOregon View Post
                              It doesn't top Doctor Who..........but it's still pretty cool isn't it?
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                It doesn't top Doctor Who..........but it's still pretty cool isn't it?
                                There were only a few ep's of Doctor Who that I liked...I believe SG1 beats it out...just my opinion mind you...

Comment

Working...
                                X