• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Kinda like what they do for Star Wars.
    And Trek!!

Comment

This episode was of course the first cliffhanger they did. Loved the return of Bra'tac and then all the attention to detail the props team do.

Comment

Oh darn it, Senator Kinsey, would you look at that now -- Daniel was right!

I hope he feels like an idiot and worse -- unless he still believes god's going to save his sorry a$$.

Anyway, here we are, at the end of the first season, hitting the first To be continued.... Good thing I don't have to wait a whole year for the continuing episode. Just one workday.

I've always enjoyed this episode and it's a nice set-up to what is to come. I'm also very happy they decided against killing Klorel/Skaara cause that would have meant a few stories that would have never been made or gone very differently.

So basically, SG-1 goes off to the coordinates Daniel brought back from the AU, and end up on a ship. Hyperlaunch sends them flying, except Teal'c who has the good sense of holding on to something. Kinda like how he "forgot" to mention that 3rd Zat-option... OH, IT'S HERE!!! The Zat'n'ktel!

It's one replica prop I still want to add to the collection -- preferably one that opens and closes, but they are bloody expensive everywhere I look, so I'm hoping to maybe one day build one myself ... somehow. Maybe PharaohHamenthotep could be of assistance -- must ask sometime.

Surprise, they bump into Klorel, who happens to be Apophis' son -- sounds like he's the biological Goa'uld-son somehow. Not gonna ponder about that too much cause EW! And he also happens to lead the assault on Earth. Woops!

Jack wants to save Skaara if possible, and then all goes to hell in a handbasket -- cause when doesn't it.

Also, who knew Goa'uld vessels had concrete floors. Battered concrete floors -- must be all those Jaffa soldiers walking around out of sink with the marching sounds.

Anyway... the verdict...

How would you rate SG-1's "Within the Serpent's Grasp?"

Excellent
        Good
        Fair
        Poor
        Terrible

Not a moment boring so excellent for me.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I do like this episode a lot, even with all the inconsistencies to prior (and later) episodes.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

For participation in the 3-episode quiz, dealing with Politics, Within The Serpent's Grasp and The Serpent's Lair -- this way please.

Jigsaw puzzle's here!!
            Last edited by Falcon Horus; 03 December 2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

I'm not as forgiving as FH. I'm giving it a good. I fully admit that what keeps it from excellent is hindsight in that their are things in this episode that are contradicted in later episodes. This is really the first of several times SG1 gets to run around a Hatak and cause mischief. I do however question the wisdom of kidnapping a person when the element of surprise is your only advantage. I remember thinking that ending shoot of the Hataks over Earth was the coolest thing ever.

This was a hard puzzle for me. I only got a 10 minutes and 11 seconds. The dark colors made it hard to find patterns. This might be the time tood actually beat. If so I will take is gracefully. And by gracefully I mean throw a fit and deny it happened
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

LOL -- at least, you're back to solving them under an hour.

Comment

Is this the only instance where a taboo word (bulls**t) was used in the regular episodes?
                  I noticed Hulu changed the audio to "I know that's not true" but left the captioning as "That's bulls**t!"

Good episode, great way to end season 1. Although, I might not say that if I had to wait months for the next ep.

Comment

I know that the UK censors violence -- just cuts out entire blocks of frames to mask it, which made watching that one episode of Warehouse 13 with the metallic creature nearly killing Pete fascinating.

Therefore, it's not too farfetched to think that there are other instances where swearwords are dubbed for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      I'm not as forgiving as FH. I'm giving it a good. I fully admit that what keeps it from excellent is hindsight in that their are things in this episode that are contradicted in later episodes. This is really the first of several times SG1 gets to run around a Hatak and cause mischief. I do however question the wisdom of kidnapping a person when the element of surprise is your only advantage. I remember thinking that ending shoot of the Hataks over Earth was the coolest thing ever.

This was a hard puzzle for me. I only got a 10 minutes and 11 seconds. The dark colors made it hard to find patterns. This might be the time tood actually beat. If so I will take is gracefully. And by gracefully I mean throw a fit and deny it happened

The blurred background is what threw me off. 12 Minutes and 39 Seconds and it's time for bed.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I know that the UK censors violence -- just cuts out entire blocks of frames to mask it, which made watching that one episode of Warehouse 13 with the metallic creature nearly killing Pete fascinating.

Therefore, it's not too farfetched to think that there are other instances where swearwords are dubbed for whatever reason.
                        Sky did dub it whenever the episode was shown in it's 5-6pm slot. But I do clearly remember the proper line used when it was first aired.

But otherwise yes it is the only time a swear word is used in the show.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

This brings back the whole censorship debate threads that we had.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Sky did dub it whenever the episode was shown in it's 5-6pm slot. But I do clearly remember the proper line used when it was first aired.

But otherwise yes it is the only time a swear word is used in the show.
                            Is this the one where Jack says "Son of a B****"?

Comment

Who needs cursing when you had "For crying out loud!"
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Their is that line change between Showtime and Goa'uld TV
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X