Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Within the Serpent's Grasp (121)

Quote Originally Posted by Dumper View Post
    When Skaara says something like "nothing of the host remains" O'Neill says "bullsh*t". At least that is on the Dvd, i doubt it would be on the aired version.
    Hmm... Off the top of my head, I can't think of anymore "bullsh*ts" but there are many "son of a bi*ch"es. (Daniel in "Menace", Landry in "Unending", etc)

Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
    Hmm... Off the top of my head, I can't think of anymore "bullsh*ts" but there are many "son of a bi*ch"es. (Daniel in "Menace", Landry in "Unending", etc)
    Martin Lloyd said SOB in 200. I think.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

thats a cliffhanger for sure! one of the best finales of the entire show i think. great that they introduce the zats, and hyperspace. loved it. but i hate the name klorel, always reminds me of superman

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
    As a newbie I may have missed something here, but how did Skaara come to be Apothis's son? Didn't he go off with another couple (ie not Apothis and Sha're) at the end of Children of the Gods?

I loved this episode though.
    Well, I'm no newbie to Stargate and I find myself wondering the same thing. I don't really care though because this was one of my favorite episodes, but I've always wondered about that little mess up.

____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

First Lieutenant J-Whitt Remastered's Avatar

Exclamation Re: Within the Serpent's Grasp (121)

Quote Originally Posted by Dumper View Post
    When Skaara says something like "nothing of the host remains" O'Neill says "bullsh*t". At least that is on the Dvd, i doubt it would be on the aired version.
    I'm watching this episode as I type and it just passed that part. I was like, "WHOA?!" I had completely forgotten about that line. Either that or I just had not noticed it on my previous DVD viewings.
    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

This was good, not my favorite but a good cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
    As a newbie I may have missed something here, but how did Skaara come to be Apothis's son? Didn't he go off with another couple (ie not Apothis and Sha're) at the end of Children of the Gods?

I loved this episode though.
    Okay I read the thread and ddin't see an answer to this, unless I missed it. I had always seen the other couple as kind of like personal assistants/viziers/whatever and after watching Pretense I wonder whether one of them was Zapachna because he is dressed in the same style and looks the same, even though I don't think it's the same actor.

In answer to the start question Children of the gods ep was about Apophis choosing the host for his children. So Skaara isn't his child, Klorel is.
    Last edited by Lunaeclipse; May 26th, 2010 at 07:18 AM. Reason: lol forgot to answer actual question

I totally think they should kill Klorel... I hate the guy. New Apophis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
    For anyone still wondering about this. I think a more direct quote is "That's bull****! Now let him talk to me." It's just before he hits Klorel.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Exploring space and time with the 9th doctor

Great season finale! The wait for the second season must've been tense for those who watched the show when it first aired.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v106/manephelien/avatars/deadtribbles.jpg

Just finished season one for the first time! Good finale. Some good episodes. But overall, a mediocre first season.

Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

I could not disagree with you more about this first season: almost every episode was terrific. The only one I hated was the one with all the clips from previous shows.

This story itself was a good build-up for the finale coming and it had a good cliffhanger. However, I did not enjoy it as much as many other self-contained stories from the first season. Darkly lit corridors on spaceships do not provide much in the way of wondrous alien atmosphere.

I myself like the stories which more resemble Alice in Wonderland. On the other I think was the best way to handle a story about the invasion of earth: huge flying pyramids and a desparate commando mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallifer View Post
    I could not disagree with you more about this first season: almost every episode was terrific. The only one I hated was the one with all the clips from previous shows.

This story itself was a good build-up for the finale coming and it had a good cliffhanger. However, I did not enjoy it as much as many other self-contained stories from the first season. Darkly lit corridors on spaceships do not provide much in the way of wondrous alien atmosphere.

I myself like the stories which more resemble Alice in Wonderland. On the other I think was the best way to handle a story about the invasion of earth: huge flying pyramids and a desparate commando mission.
    I think the darkly lit ships was perfect for this episode. Not only did it reflect the nature of the Goa'uld, but it also gave us a visual representation of the situation that SG1 was in - They were all alone on a ship they knew nothing about, with no way to get home or get help if they needed it, trying to stop an invasion that no one in the SGC seemed to believe would happen.

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
    "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
    a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Epsiodes like this do not require much talking as they're simply outstanding but also don't raise hundreds of question like "The Torment of Tantalus" for example. A desperate mission against the orders to shut down the gate, sudden hyper-launch trapping them there. New technology like zat or upgraded Ha'tak which was a big surprise even for Teal'C. Klorel appears on the stage, though when I was watching the season for the first time, I completely forgot the movie and knew not already who was Skaara. (And SG-1 began from "The First Commandment" to me). Perfect mix of drama and humour in the episode. And I can imagine what it was like to wait for half of a year for the second season, if it was awful to wait till tomorrow for me when it first aired!

10/10.
    Last edited by Vagabond Serpent; October 20th, 2010 at 03:58 AM.
    Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

Chief Master Sergeant ChulaksPrincess's Avatar

I enjoyed the parts of the episode where SG-1 was on the Go'uld ship, and Teal'c was explaining about communication devices and weapons to the rest of the team. This was a great show.

Probie

nope, it's definitely "medical attack" / "surgical attack"

Ahh... the infamous bull****. Is this line changed to something else on syfy or is it completely edited out?

Quote Originally Posted by Starbreaker View Post
    Ahh... the infamous bull****. Is this line changed to something else on syfy or is it completely edited out?
    Which is a shame because it's added a certain awesomeness to the scene.

Chief Master Sergeant FrodoFraggins's Avatar

9/10
    Excellent finale and probably my second or 3rd favorite episode of the season.

The one major annoyance is simply the fact that there was no reason to shoot Skaara to kill. I've just watched all of the S1 episodes in three days and there have been multiple instances where people seem to think they have to shoot to kill. All he needed to do was shoot Skaara in the leg, but no he goes and shoots two shots to the chest.

I was also wondering why they didn't destroy that device skaara places on his hands when he was captured earlier and of course it came back to haunt them. Although in that case he probably had more around.
    Last edited by FrodoFraggins; March 19th, 2011 at 03:38 AM.
    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoFraggins View Post
    9/10
    Excellent finale and probably my second or 3rd favorite episode of the season.

The one major annoyance is simply the fact that there was no reason to shoot Skaara to kill. I've just watched all of the S1 episodes in three days and there have been multiple instances where people seem to think they have to shoot to kill. All he needed to do was shoot Skaara in the leg, but no he goes and shoots two shots to the chest.

I was also wondering why they didn't destroy that device skaara places on his hands when he was captured earlier and of course it came back to haunt them. Although in that case he probably had more around.
    I think some things in tv shows are simply for dramatic effect or to carry the storyline on. Being a huge Skarra/Klorel fan I was sad to see Skaara get shot, but understood that it was was Jack thought he had to do to save Daniel. Then I didn't know it he was dead or alive until the next episode, which was probably the point - suspense.

lol... Common sense aludes them again ... I think ribbon/hand devices are common amongst the Goa'uld and if it had been destroyed then Klorel wouldn't have been able to use it to escape through the rings at the end.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast