• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Within the Serpent's Grasp (121)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 121

SG-1 escapes through the Stargate before it is shut down, and learns that Daniel's alternate reality vision is true: Apophis is moving to attack Earth from above. The team must stop Apophis and his son, Klorel, who inhabits the body of their friend Skaara.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 February 2021, 11:10 PM.

This is among the best (if not the best) team episodes of them all.

Good dialogue, humor, action, tension, Goa'ulds and what was happening back on Earth was just as well done as what was happening on the ship.

A brilliant ending for a great first season.

Comment

Wasn't that the ep where the zats were introduced? I loved that
      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Yep, this is when the zat's first appeared and when they first learned about hyperspace
        __

__

Comment

Fantastic episode on every level--humor, team work, tying up loose ends, and suspense.

Besides the zat and hyperspace, I believe this was the first episode that showed a goa'uld communications device.

Teal'c (talking about the huge floating, silver ball): "It is a goa'uld long-range visual communications device. Much like your television."

O'Neil: "Think it gets Showtime?"
          There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

Well, considering that this was the first episode where they're actually aboard a Goa'uld ship (chock full of Goa'uldy gadgets and gizmos) there was a lot of revelation going on.

Comment

I noticed what I think may be a mistake in this episode. Before going through the Stargate they send a MALP through right? Well, once its through Sam says its dark so they can't see anything. However, given that the Stargate on the other side was active wouldn't they be able to see something because of the light given off by an open wormhole?

Just a wee observation.....
              "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Probably not, since the same thing happened in "The Broca Divide".. Although that time the natives smashed the lights on the MALP as well as it being dark. It had to be them going into an unknown situation for the episode to work.
                The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by omnian
                  I noticed what I think may be a mistake in this episode. Before going through the Stargate they send a MALP through right? Well, once its through Sam says its dark so they can't see anything. However, given that the Stargate on the other side was active wouldn't they be able to see something because of the light given off by an open wormhole?

Just a wee observation.....
                  Oh, I'm glad you said that, I thought it was just me who thought that way.

Good ep. though.
                  sigpic

Comment

Depending on the camera they need a lot of light to work well, the stargate only gives off a small amount of light and it's blue. I doubt it would be enough to illuminate the area well enough for a camera to get a good picture. Of course they should have the light on the MALP...
                    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Good points ,BCM ! They could have used their infra-red goggles,I suppose.
                      I loved this episode though.
                      Teamwork,suspense,Klorel/Skaara,Apophis....and the Zats !
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

This is one of the best season openers.

Comment

Opps... this wasn't the season opener it was the one before it... it was the cliffhanger.

Comment

One of the best two-parters as of yet

Comment

I definitely agree with that

Comment

Working...
                              X