The Sixers - Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sixers - Discussion/Speculation SPOILERS

Who are the Sixers? A little information about them is given in episodes. The mysterious Sixers are a group of people from the sixth pilgrimage who broke away from Terra Nova. They bring an aspect of 2149 human conflict to the past, and they still have contact with 2149. They control a mine, and they are at odds with Commander Taylor. Some questions about the Sixers:
    • How many are in the main group?
    • Are there Sixer sympathizers in every pilgrimage?
    • Do the Sixers have a main settlement, along the lines of Terra Nova, or are they primarily nomadic?
    • Are the Sixers trying to establish a new society in the past, or just prevent the success of Terra Nova?
    • How does the timing of their split from Terra Nova affect the Sixers plan?

I wonder about the attempted assassination of Taylor. Taylor's death would not derail Terra Nova, although a new leader could change the settlement's focus. Perhaps the new leader would be part of the Sixer movement. Otherwise, trying to kill Taylor seems personal, perhaps related to his son. If so, how did his son convince someone to murder Taylor at Terra Nova, something that would likely lead to capture.
    My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
    Who are the Sixers? A little information about them is given in episodes. The mysterious Sixers are a group of people from the sixth pilgrimage who broke away from Terra Nova. They bring an aspect of 2149 human conflict to the past, and they still have contact with 2149. They control a mine, and they are at odds with Commander Taylor. Some questions about the Sixers:
    [*]How many are in the main group?
    Well, based on the fact that there have been 10 pilgrimages and there is said to be around 1000 in Terra Nova, i would say about at most 100. Probably less.

[*]Are there Sixer sympathizers in every pilgrimage?
    Probably, if there an entire group split off, chances are there sympathizers in 2149 could have sent people back in other groups.

[*]Do the Sixers have a main settlement, along the lines of Terra Nova, or are they primarily nomadic?
    [SPOILER]
    Well based on the preview, they apparently move around a lot.

[*]Are the Sixers trying to establish a new society in the past, or just prevent the success of Terra Nova?
    From what we know, both.

[*]How does the timing of their split from Terra Nova affect the Sixers plan?
    What?

I wonder about the attempted assassination of Taylor. Taylor's death would not derail Terra Nova, although a new leader could change the settlement's focus. Perhaps the new leader would be part of the Sixer movement. Otherwise, trying to kill Taylor seems personal, perhaps related to his son. If so, how did his son convince someone to murder Taylor at Terra Nova, something that would likely lead to capture.
    Taylor knows about the glyphs his son draws, so he probably would be able to piece his sons plan together, so getting him out of the way may help in the long run.

Comment

Also apprently killing dinosaurs is one thing that sets them apart, Terra Novans dont want to kill them but the Sixers dont care and just want to shoot them all.

http://www.terranovatv.net/news/the-...s-the-answers/

Comment

Kill them and eat them. A grown man can chase a pride of lions off a kill with a stick. Those dinosaurs need to have that level of fear.

Comment

• Do the Sixers have a main settlement, along the lines of Terra Nova, or are they primarily nomadic?
          • Are the Sixers trying to establish a new society in the past, or just prevent the success of Terra Nova?
            More or less 50 from the sixth pilgrimage. There could have been others from other trips.
            No reason to believe otherwise. If they can sneak a large group like that in one pilgrimage they can certainly squeaze one in one trip. Skye is from the Fifth pilgrimage and seams to have connections with them and also the berkeeper also has connections, but we don't know with witch group he came.
            They are nomadic, Leah said so on the fifth episode (exact script in spoiler), mostly residing on the canopy of the trees, i believe that they also use caves.

Spoiler:

Script from "The Runaway"

Taylor - Everybody's got a home
            and nobody gets scraps.

Leah - I don't like scraps.
            We move all the time.
            I don't like that either.

Taylor - Where do you move to?

Leah - Lots of places.
            Mira never lets us stay in
            the same place for very long.
            They are in service of some mean powerful men from 2149. Probably trying to stabilish an civ with them in charge. I believe that taylor's son is a mathematician or phicisian trying to prove that a two way trip is possible and has connections with those guys.
            I believe that the original plan was to work from inside of Terra Nova,. but something went wrong and where unmasked and they had to escape.
          Last edited by Steelbox; 20 October 2011, 11:26 AM.
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Just sounds like a bad football team to me! (j/k)
            sigpic

Comment

(insert expletive here!) I just spent quite some time composing a response, and when I hit preview, I was kicked out of being logged in to Gateworld. When I logged back in, my post was gone. I'll be back after I cool off. I'm so friggin' frustrated right now!

Comment

(insert expletive here!) I just spent quite some time composing a response, and when I hit preview, I was kicked out of being logged in to Gateworld. When I logged back in, my post was gone. I'll be back after I cool off. I'm so friggin' frustrated right now!
                If you don't move after an hour the server kicks you off. Long posts need to be saved
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  Just sounds like a bad football team to me! (j/k)
                  LOL, go Sixers. Now i WAN'T to see some cheerleaders.
                  Last edited by Steelbox; 25 October 2011, 08:21 AM.
                  sigpic
                  - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                    LOL, go the Sixers. Now i WAN'T to see some cheerleaders.
                    And they can have a slasher as a mascot.
                    sigpic

Comment

Lets have some fruts booze, some carnotaurs stake do a barbecue and were settled for the next 85 million years.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        If you don't move after an hour the server kicks you off. Long posts need to be saved
                        Duly noted.

Comment

Working...
                        X