Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowing Trump, he would probably nominate an actual puppet
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Knowing Trump, he would probably nominate an actual puppet
      At least we'll be sure that this one won't rape
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Change of subject...

With a good portion of the world's population complaining about global warming / "Climate change" due to man's interference with nature, some people are opting for a non-meat diet. That means eating more nuts as protein sources. Well, what about people who are allergic to nuts? They want to avoid meat, but can't eat nuts, and hate certain bean varieties, so now what? Starve to death?

Don't forget allergies to certain dairy products too. I have some allergies to milk, but even that is better under control now. Lact-Aid milk is too expensive, so I went back to taking simple probiotics, especially when digesting cheese. Seems to be under better control now. But who knows... some weird moment might stop this from being helpful, too, especially with the crazy stuff science labs are mixing up and putting out on the shelf (without our knowledge...!!!?)

Came across an article explaining about peanut allergies.

(has a video that pops up automatically... and some potential subscribe screen pop-up)

"When the Hell Did Everyone Become Allergic to Peanuts?"
        By Jon Levine,
        Sept. 29, 2015 - Mic
        Then there is good ol' wikipedia "Peanut Allergy link here".

Here is another article on peanut allergies.

"Food allergies: What a severe reaction feels like"
        By Vicky Baker
        BBC News, 18 October 2018
        When I was growing up in the 1960's, eating too much chocolate gave me hives. This was most noticeable around Halloween, Valentine's Day, and Easter munching out chocolate anything sessions. Nowadays, I've pulled back on the amount of chocolate I munch on, and take it in moderation. Restraint isn't easy when some chocolates taste sooooo good!!

First time I ever heard of peanut allergy was from my landlord, who was talking about her son not being able to be even near it. Oh good... I've got peanut butter jars in the kitchen, and he's fixing the sink, where I know some peanut butter ended up down the drain while cleaning, and he's the apartment's plumber? Peanut oil for cooking might be another culprit. Degreasing peanut oils while cleaning dishes... wow, who would have thought of an allergy there?

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
          Change of subject...

With a good portion of the world's population complaining about global warming / "Climate change" due to man's interference with nature, some people are opting for a non-meat diet. That means eating more nuts as protein sources. Well, what about people who are allergic to nuts? They want to avoid meat, but can't eat nuts, and hate certain bean varieties, so now what? Starve to death?
          Soy and tofu

Don't forget allergies to certain dairy products too. I have some allergies to milk, but even that is better under control now. Lact-Aid milk is too expensive, so I went back to taking simple probiotics, especially when digesting cheese. Seems to be under better control now. But who knows... some weird moment might stop this from being helpful, too, especially with the crazy stuff science labs are mixing up and putting out on the shelf (without our knowledge...!!!?)
          Also, soy and tofu.

Came across an article explaining about peanut allergies.

Then there is good ol' wikipedia "Peanut Allergy link here".

Here is another article on peanut allergies.
          You're just gonna have to eat soy and tofu.

When I was growing up in the 1960's, eating too much chocolate gave me hives. This was most noticeable around Halloween, Valentine's Day, and Easter munching out chocolate anything sessions. Nowadays, I've pulled back on the amount of chocolate I munch on, and take it in moderation. Restraint isn't easy when some chocolates taste sooooo good!!
          Chocolate made out of soy or tofu?

First time I ever heard of peanut allergy was from my landlord, who was talking about her son not being able to be even near it. Oh good... I've got peanut butter jars in the kitchen, and he's fixing the sink, where I know some peanut butter ended up down the drain while cleaning, and he's the apartment's plumber? Peanut oil for cooking might be another culprit. Degreasing peanut oils while cleaning dishes... wow, who would have thought of an allergy there?
          Tofu and Jelly sandwiches maybe? Unless you have Celiac's....Tofu and Jelly Maiz tortillas!

Hope you don't mind the humor. But in all seriousness, a vegan diet is really impractical. It's not so much cutting off all your meat intake, but reducing it significantly. We don't really need to eat as much meat as we do in order to get the protein and iron that we need. People who feel that for environmental reasons alone they should do away with meat and its byproducts are highly mislead.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            Soy and tofu

Also, soy and tofu.

You're just gonna have to eat soy and tofu.

Chocolate made out of soy or tofu?

Tofu and Jelly sandwiches maybe? Unless you have Celiac's....Tofu and Jelly Maiz tortillas!

Hope you don't mind the humor. But in all seriousness, a vegan diet is really impractical. It's not so much cutting off all your meat intake, but reducing it significantly. We don't really need to eat as much meat as we do in order to get the protein and iron that we need. People who feel that for environmental reasons alone they should do away with meat and its byproducts are highly mislead.
            Humor is okay. Need more of it to get thru life sometimes.

I recently read that most of Europe is now turning towards a vegan diet, probably due to environmental (freak out) reasons. Cow farts and all that. Not to also mention how Halal meat is slaughtered. That's a whole nuther territory. Some forum elsewhere had a whole discussion on Canada's Muslims method of slaughtering (skinning) a cow, while it was still alive and conscious. Ewwww.
            Not into that stuff til its all packaged. I usually avoid the grocery store's meat sections, unless it's absolutely necessary. Then, it's beeline to one spot and walk away ASAP. If I had to work in that type of area, I would have a really, really difficult time working around all that mess, even in fast food and restaurant places. blech...

Meats smell... some from our local supermarkets smell really bad and rancid. yuk. Had some that taste weird, or gamey. Didn't know what animal it was, either. So, I stopped buying meat there. Store beef meat (usually) gets radiated, so it's red coloring lasts longer, but might not taste right..? I now get it from a more reliable (meat butcher) source. The biggest downfall there is the color goes bad on the meat if I don't freeze it immediately upon purchase. Turns grey-green within 2 days. 3 days in the fridge after purchase and its into the garbage. Another ewwwwwwww.

Anywho...
            Soy products... Tried that route. Ended up having reactions to it. Increased eczema and dry, scaly skin. Switched milk products to something else (non-soy, but mix with 2% dairy milk).

Been reading from some ladies who were taking soy for controlling hot flashes, that they were having worse hot flashes from taking it. I had that problem too. So, I stopped and tried again years later, to see if there was still any issues... yes. So, no. Can't go that route.

Heard tofu looks like cardboard (sort of) and takes just like it, meaning tasteless and awful. But we have lots of islander people who eat tofu as part of their main diet. Celiac problems run in my family, too. So, I will eat foods with gluten in them, but not in excess. Other folks I know won't even touch that stuff.

I can't eat spicy (Mexican or fancy type) foods, because they have made me seriously ill (vomiting). Had some spicy french fries with some special pepper mix sprinkled on it, while visiting the south-western border, and was sick for the rest of that week. Green peppers don't like me either.. they stink bitterly, too. Red pimento's I can eat with olives. Yet I've heard red pimento is just a ripened green pepper... Go figure! Same issue with spinach. Cooked spinach makes me very ill... smell alone is awful. But fresh, raw spinach is okay. Weird how these things work.

My aunt had severe chicken allergies, so she couldn't eat any eggs or chicken or turkey products. My mom ate eggs daily... never had issues. I'm trying to figure out if some allergies are due to what a pregnant mom eats or avoids -- so that is passed on to the baby. That's just a curious question I've always had. I know some ladies just won't eat certain things or eat too much, and then the child grows up with food issues from that whole experience.

Oh, and as far as meat goes... In more recent years, I don't eat much of it per week. Spend more days eating pasta than burgers or hot dogs. Meatloaf would be okay, if I had a freezer big enough to make extra loaves. Steak is a rare treat occasion. Costs too much, anyway. So, pasta, tuna, salmon, scrambled eggs take over the rest of the week (not in that order or that frequently). Sometimes, simple toast and butter works!

Comment

It is true that livestock is the most inefficient type of food agriculture. It is the most energy hungry type of agriculture on any aspect: food, water, pollution and land space required. I am not a vegan myself, and I think not using/consuming ANYTHING at all related to animals is a bit of an extreme of a point of view, but they are right on something, meat diet is simply not sustainable for an overpopulated planet such as ours.

I agree with Tood on the basis that we should all try to reduce our meat consumption as much as possible, but I will never accept eating gluten-free-sucked-out-of-all-flavor stuff just because it's edgy and cool. Scientists and historians have concluded that meat is what permitted the primitive human's brain to develop, along with language and communication that were necessary for hunting, and without these elements we would still be behave like apes.

I find the whole vegan thing hypocritical, they say eating meat is bad or find it cruel and inhuman, when in reality, ironically, meat is what permitted them to even have these thoughts in the first place!
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                It is true that livestock is the most inefficient type of food agriculture. It is the most energy hungry type of agriculture on any aspect: food, water, pollution and land space required. I am not a vegan myself, and I think not using/consuming ANYTHING at all related to animals is a bit of an extreme of a point of view, but they are right on something, meat diet is simply not sustainable for an overpopulated planet such as ours.

I agree with Tood on the basis that we should all try to reduce our meat consumption as much as possible, but I will never accept eating gluten-free-sucked-out-of-all-flavor stuff just because it's edgy and cool. Scientists and historians have concluded that meat is what permitted the primitive human's brain to develop, along with language and communication that were necessary for hunting, and without these elements we would still be behave like apes.

I find the whole vegan thing hypocritical, they say eating meat is bad or find it cruel and inhuman, when in reality, ironically, meat is what permitted them to even have these thoughts in the first place!
                not to mention that meat, esp. red meat, is one of your most nutrient-dense sources of vitamin B-12, one of the 3 critical components your body needs enough of in its diet to produce red blood cells

Comment

Southern USA border / THE WALL / mobs of "migrants" ... updates. This is going to obviously be an ongoing issue from now until eternity. So, for starters...

Too many articles on the mobs of people from South America heading straight up to our southern USA border. Many Reader Comments (in other discussion sites/talk radio) see it as an *invasion*... Just something similar to what Europe just went thru with its southern / eastern "migrant" situations.
                  Like that worked out real well..NOT.

Tinfoil hats??? Really?
                  DEMs want this (just hear it on the radio or in the MSM/news). They're gloating with eager anticipation over watching Trump fall under the weight of a situation, that will not have a good outcome, even if "FORCE" is used (and that would just activate the "human rights" protesters {hypocrits} that much faster). Even if the Republicans win the mid-terms, this mass migration northward will not be resolved with just a few words.

The WALL that people have been harping on won't be built in the next 2 weeks. Not one that will stand strong or last... don't forget about the underground tunnels bypassing these things too, as has happened in the past (aka, Arizona!)...

DEMs know this migration from the South will tear America (all parts of entire "American" continent) apart. .. USA or other *A*... Outcome is not going to be a happy ending, even for those who *think* they already have a happy ending (in the upsetting political PTB areas)...

what?? "misery loves company, so the more the merrier?" Global destruction. If the USA goes under... so will the rest of the world. It won't be long before the rest of the people on this planet turn against each other, too. Sad. But this was all foretold on a global scale, too that such *events* would happen. ...and with people turning against one another, too.

Have a nice life doobs. Be careful WHAT you ask for... it just might happen in ways you least expect, which is often with the worst case scenarios.

btw...been reading about these scenarios for months now... So, bunkers won't help, Jeeze... be interesting to follow the trail lines of the political moroons who set this up. Where do they go when TSHTF..? this time not proverbial, but literal. They'll scatter obviously... take their moolah and run, hide, and don't come back til its safe. Unless they're crazy.

Just pure Unbelievable. Do people really have a death-wish? Understandably some folks come to the USA to have a better life. But instant mass input doesn't work. It never did and never will in current humanity's terms.

contains video(s)... some on auto-start

"Armed police tear gas Honduran migrants at Guatemala-Mexico border but then let caravan of 4,000 PASS THROUGH, women and children first, as Trump's demands to stop it are ignored..."
                  By Jennifer Smith (For Dailymail.com)
                  Published: 13:36 EDT, 19 October 2018, Updated: 11:48 EDT, 22 October 2018

Comment

And they don't even have the excuse of seeking asylum. Mexico offered them asylum, and they declined, choosing to continue towards the U.S.

As I understand it, asylum seekers don't have the right to pick and choose the country to seek asylum in, they have to seek at the first place they are out of reach of the persecution they are fleeing.*

This is just an invasion, plain and simple, and Trump ought to plant the US military at our borders and turn them back, by any means necessary.

That's the only way this will ever stop.

*To those who don't agree with this, we had this discussion on the last caravan, and I don't want to argue it out again, there are precedents for this principle in international law, whether you agree with it or not.

Comment

Humor is okay. Need more of it to get thru life sometimes.

I recently read that most of Europe is now turning towards a vegan diet, probably due to environmental (freak out) reasons. Cow farts and all that. Not to also mention how Halal meat is slaughtered. That's a whole nuther territory. Some forum elsewhere had a whole discussion on Canada's Muslims method of slaughtering (skinning) a cow, while it was still alive and conscious. Ewwww.
                      Not into that stuff til its all packaged. I usually avoid the grocery store's meat sections, unless it's absolutely necessary. Then, it's beeline to one spot and walk away ASAP. If I had to work in that type of area, I would have a really, really difficult time working around all that mess, even in fast food and restaurant places. blech...
                      Not sure why Halal slaughter would impact European eating standards, but what you heard about Halal slaughter isn't accurate. Most Halal methods involve knocking out the animal so it doesn't feel pain, for starters.

Southern USA border / THE WALL / mobs of "migrants" ... updates. This is going to obviously be an ongoing issue from now until eternity. So, for starters...

Too many articles on the mobs of people from South America heading straight up to our southern USA border. Many Reader Comments (in other discussion sites/talk radio) see it as an *invasion*... Just something similar to what Europe just went thru with its southern / eastern "migrant" situations.
                      Like that worked out real well..NOT.
                      An invasion in Europe? I remember that. That's when Immigrant activist Dwight D. Eisenhower assembled a migrant fleet of one thousand ships from mostly anglo countries and landed a quarter million immigrants who never bothered learning the local languages or adopting the local customs. Oh wait...that was an army sponsored by a state or organization seeking to achieve military and political goals by harming or otherwise removing the targeted government from power and establishing a new political system.

Some of those people are idiots or xenophobes to the extreme.

what?? "misery loves company, so the more the merrier?" Global destruction. If the USA goes under... so will the rest of the world. It won't be long before the rest of the people on this planet turn against each other, too. Sad. But this was all foretold on a global scale, too that such *events* would happen. ...and with people turning against one another, too.
                      Why would the US go down?

Just pure Unbelievable. Do people really have a death-wish? Understandably some folks come to the USA to have a better life. But instant mass input doesn't work. It never did and never will in current humanity's terms.
                      Those people are leaving precisely because they don't have a deathwish. The options are simple. Stay and get killed by the gangs or hunger...or leave. They picked the latter. They are desperate, they are literally running away from death. Self preservation tends to make people do lot's of things they otherwise wouldn't do.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                      And they don't even have the excuse of seeking asylum. Mexico offered them asylum, and they declined, choosing to continue towards the U.S.

As I understand it, asylum seekers don't have the right to pick and choose the country to seek asylum in, they have to seek at the first place they are out of reach of the persecution they are fleeing.*

This is just an invasion, plain and simple, and Trump ought to plant the US military at our borders and turn them back, by any means necessary.

That's the only way this will ever stop.

*To those who don't agree with this, we had this discussion on the last caravan, and I don't want to argue it out again, there are precedents for this principle in international law, whether you agree with it or not.
                      That's up to the court system in the US to decide on a case by case basis, according to international law. Every human has the right to walk into any country and ask asylum. The country has the right to refuse, after due process. The US Senate ratified these treaties into law which according to the constitution, makes these treaties the law of the land here in the US second only to the Constitution itself.

The "First safe country" thing is up to the refugee. Nations like EU members have developed treaties where the first nation that comes into contact with the refugees agrees to take their asylum requests in stead of the second or third (and so on) country that they arrive. The US has signed such a treaty with Canada, but not Mexico...maybe we should draw up such a treaty with Mexico instead of stowing fear and xenophobia in the name of winning elections? Just a thought.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Earth's *socialist* controlled future... Good luck!

"Five things to know about Ocasio-Cortez's 'Green New Deal'"
                        By Timothy Cama - 11/24/18 10:07 AM EST

. . .
                        Ocasio-Cortez has garnered support from progressive groups and a handful of Democrats for her proposal that sets a goal of getting 100 percent of the nation's electricity from renewable energy sources.
                        . . .
                        Central to her proposal is the goal of working toward using nothing but renewable energy for electricity generation. That would mean wind, solar, biomass and geothermal are in, while coal, natural gas, oil and nuclear power are completely out.
                        . . .

ALL of the problems in putting out 100% of renewable energy immediately, has already been discussed. People colonizing Mars won't have that option of waiting. So, maybe that's where Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's (D-N.Y.) hair-brained ideas are being inspired from. Her and many other folks with similar mindsets are thinking too far into the future, but expecting instant results NOW.

I know this has been discussed to ad nauseum, but feel free to rehash it just so the DEMs, socialists, and communists who want to take over this entire earth, get the messages penetrated thru their thick brains.

People with little property in urban areas, cannot max out any further in GREENing their world. Grow a year-round garden outside -- if nature's critters don't get to (generic) your food before you do, the neighbors will (by stealing or destroying it). Then, there's that issue of snow in the winter... only so much property to dump the snow into. Where the greenhouse or garage (and protected battery supplies for energy) would go, so does the snow. Not helpful.

Group communities might work better, but how would the food be rationed out equally and unbiased..?

GREEN those carbon taxes...!
                        No trade offs for those who can't afford it either, because that just might kill them sooner. Been thru the whole wood stoves cause smoke in the air, thus possibly contribute to asthmatic breathing problems, plus there are not enough trees to go around to help out everyone huddling in each home on this planet.

.. Towns plant large trees to grow on curbside property in urban areas... oh, when the trees get bigger they lift the sidewalks! Try again...!
                        .. Grow plants inside tiny home, not much space to store the plant. Great for folks with GREEN thumbs (able to grow nearly any Living GREEN thing), but a nightmare for people with "brown" or "black" thumbs -- i.e., every plant they try to grow just dies, regardless!

.. Solar panels on tiny property, part of roof... but when storms hit and shingles or slates fall off, that is a MAJOR repair job!!!
                        Plus, solar supplies are limited and don't work well on cloudy days and thru winter ice and snow storms.

.. Wind turbines.. doesn't work well where WIND comes few and far between certain locations. Nevermind the whole "it kills the birds and bats!" complaints.

Problem is that there will never be 100% accomplished without killing off those areas and persons where the potential blockages exist in achieving these nightmare scenarios. Thus, persons with larger properties and lots and lots of financial moolah will be able to survive, of course! while the rest of us nobodies die off one way or another.

Also, in a world where some cultures keep popping out babies one after another for gaining potential gov't *services* FREEBIES, the increase in populations alone is going to cause problems in land mass space.
                        .. Don't forget about feeding people equally without dealing with contaminated crops or diseased proteins/meats. Salads should be included in proper diets, but with recent crop contaminations, seems nearly impossible to maintain without going hydroponically -- and having the necessary shelter, water (and any soil treatments, if needed), and equipment to achieve this gigantic goal.

For people barely making ends meet, *TAX them all to death* isn't the answer either.

Socialism doesn't work the way it's existed in all the nations who have pushed it and fallen into extreme impoverished conditions and despair (Venezuela anyone?).

Comment

ALL of the problems in putting out 100% of renewable energy immediately, has already been discussed. People colonizing Mars won't have that option of waiting. So, maybe that's where Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's (D-N.Y.) hair-brained ideas are being inspired from. Her and many other folks with similar mindsets are thinking too far into the future, but expecting instant results NOW.

I know this has been discussed to ad nauseum, but feel free to rehash it just so the DEMs, socialists, and communists who want to take over this entire earth, get the messages penetrated thru their thick brains.

People with little property in urban areas, cannot max out any further in GREENing their world. Grow a year-round garden outside -- if nature's critters don't get to (generic) your food before you do, the neighbors will (by stealing or destroying it). Then, there's that issue of snow in the winter... only so much property to dump the snow into. Where the greenhouse or garage (and protected battery supplies for energy) would go, so does the snow. Not helpful.

Group communities might work better, but how would the food be rationed out equally and unbiased..?

GREEN those carbon taxes...!
                          No trade offs for those who can't afford it either, because that just might kill them sooner. Been thru the whole wood stoves cause smoke in the air, thus possibly contribute to asthmatic breathing problems, plus there are not enough trees to go around to help out everyone huddling in each home on this planet.

.. Towns plant large trees to grow on curbside property in urban areas... oh, when the trees get bigger they lift the sidewalks! Try again...!
                          .. Grow plants inside tiny home, not much space to store the plant. Great for folks with GREEN thumbs (able to grow nearly any Living GREEN thing), but a nightmare for people with "brown" or "black" thumbs -- i.e., every plant they try to grow just dies, regardless!

.. Solar panels on tiny property, part of roof... but when storms hit and shingles or slates fall off, that is a MAJOR repair job!!!
                          Plus, solar supplies are limited and don't work well on cloudy days and thru winter ice and snow storms.

.. Wind turbines.. doesn't work well where WIND comes few and far between certain locations. Nevermind the whole "it kills the birds and bats!" complaints.

Problem is that there will never be 100% accomplished without killing off those areas and persons where the potential blockages exist in achieving these nightmare scenarios. Thus, persons with larger properties and lots and lots of financial moolah will be able to survive, of course! while the rest of us nobodies die off one way or another.

Also, in a world where some cultures keep popping out babies one after another for gaining potential gov't *services* FREEBIES, the increase in populations alone is going to cause problems in land mass space.
                          .. Don't forget about feeding people equally without dealing with contaminated crops or diseased proteins/meats. Salads should be included in proper diets, but with recent crop contaminations, seems nearly impossible to maintain without going hydroponically -- and having the necessary shelter, water (and any soil treatments, if needed), and equipment to achieve this gigantic goal.

For people barely making ends meet, *TAX them all to death* isn't the answer either.

Socialism doesn't work the way it's existed in all the nations who have pushed it and fallen into extreme impoverished conditions and despair (Venezuela anyone?).
                          There is nothing wrong with the goal of using renewable energy. But the problem is the technology to do it isn't real yet. Maybe it will be someday. But until then, all the wishing an hoping in the world won't make it happen.

That's the problem with socialists/far lefties. They think with their emotions, as if wishing something were so makes it so, where as we on the right are more grounded in the real world, and we can recognize our limitations.

Comment

You know, you could wait until she actually gets together with scientists and specialists? At least she is goal minded and is oriented towards results and not vague promises that never reveal any sort of time table at all.

Not sure you know how it works. You see, most Greenhouse gases come from factories, power plants, and cars. Green gardens aren't really an issue at all.

This is...I don't think you know much about landscaping and city planning...and types of trees and how they grow...besides, we could just save the rainforest and regrow patches of it, that's a much better solution.

Not much in the way of rain storms in places like Arizona...the state is literally named "Arid zone". But in all seriousness, solar panels are built to resist damage from hail storms...you know, FYI.

There are solutions to that, not all wind turbines look like they would give Don Quijote a fright. Some don't even look like fans at all.

No idea what you're talking about.

As nations increase their standard of living, birth rates go down. Even Irish birth rates. It's not a cultural thing as much as it is an economic thing. Contrary to popular belief, the richer you are the less kids you have. Sure there are exceptions, some Catholics like to have quite a few kids, for example. But many nations are encountering population decline or the dangers of such. Many nations in Europe for example are getting dangerously close to insufficient birthrates to achieve population replacement. The only thing keeping them afloat and away from population decline and the nightmares associated with that is the scary "I" word. Immigration.

Some countries, like Japan, have crossed the alleged "point of no return" and are facing demographic decline in the near future. That includes China too. The US birth rate is also in a precarious situation, but luckily the scary "I' word is helping out. Latin American birth rates are also declining across the board in most of the Latin countries.

Not all forms of socialism are the same. Much of Europe, including the UK, lives on a lite version of socialism. Canada and Israel by our standards also live in lite socialism. Technically we too have socialist characteristics. It's actually probably not correct labeling any of these places as socialist in the first place.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            There is nothing wrong with the goal of using renewable energy. But the problem is the technology to do it isn't real yet. Maybe it will be someday. But until then, all the wishing an hoping in the world won't make it happen.

That's the problem with socialists/far lefties. They think with their emotions, as if wishing something were so makes it so, where as we on the right are more grounded in the real world, and we can recognize our limitations.
                            Well isn't this the kettle calling the pot black...Don't like half of your political positions star with the "I feels"? In fact that's the impetus behind most "evidence" the far right uses these days. Crime has been down but "I feel" that it's been up. Free trade is the most compatible policey for a capitalist society, but "I feel" that anything foreign is bad and scary. The vast majority of scientists on the subject of environment agree that man kind has an impact on the climate but "I feel" like that doesn't make sense so I'll ignore them because of some crap some random person of little consequence said that one time. So on and so on.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Using logic to convince people that believe in fairy tales with no scientific proof? Seriously some folks on the right almost resemble a cult, their leader being Trump.

Good luck with that Tood.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                                Using logic to convince people that believe in fairy tales with no scientific proof? Seriously some folks on the right almost resemble a cult, their leader being Trump.

Good luck with that Tood.
                                What "fairy tales" would that be?
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X