Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I clearly have nothing else to do cause here I am -- actually I should be working on rewriting my manual on our ticketsystem but I'm bored and not in the mood to write the "For dummies" version.

Anyhow...

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    In other idiot news... California governing mayor wants to start up the "Green New Deal" NOW and enforce/*force* it on everyone in his Los Angeles (California) area. For details, please read full article at link below. (Highlighted color/bold fonts mine.)
    Not entirely sure what's so bad about aspiring to get to this...

California’s legislature has in 2018 passed a law requiring every new home to have solar panels, a 2nd law to ban any new offshore oil drilling, and a 3rd law to make the states’ electricity grid 100% carbon-neutral by 2045 long after the state experiences climate catastrophe. California needs an immediate Green New Deal that calls for government investment in massive tree planting to stop air pollution and conversion to green energy such as solar, geothermal, and wind power; a tax on profits of fossil fuel companies that is invested in renewable energy-and-energy efficiency and ending oil drilling. Low interest rates for green investment such as electric cars; and green jobs crucial to building a low-carbon infrastructure.

I know about there being a solar plant somewhere in the desert over there near or in California. Not sure what city or regional area it controls. But that is desert -- where the sun shines a lot and doesn't rain much. Where the energy gets piped into a grid, I don't know. But it is a very large field of (what looks like) mirrors that are angled at various degrees in a circular field, so the sun can pour its life-giving sustenance into those solar unit absorbers at each daylight hour. That system won't work in cloudy and rainy/snowy zones.
    I could explain how solar panels work, and not work but here you go, an article about the largest solar field in California (using photovoltaic cells): World's Largest Solar Farm Goes Online In California

Even the "Opportunity" rover on Mars finally gave up its energy *ghost* on its renewable source/solar power, because it is apparently heavily covered in dust with no one to care for it (dust it of to keep it moving... working...).
    Let's put that in perspective here. Opportuniy's solar cells were covered in dust every year, and cleared again in windy season. After 15 years, 14 years and 9 months longer than they expected, the winds of Mars were unable to clean the solar cells which most likely got broken during a heave dust storm in the summer of 2018.

The Mars rover Opportunity is dead. Here's what it gave humankind.
    The spacecraft lasted more than 50 times longer than originally planned, delivering groundbreaking science and inspiring a generation.

NASA had not heard from the rover since June 2018, when one of the most severe dust storms ever observed on Mars blotted out much of the red planet's sky and overtook the solar-powered rover. Initially, the storm didn't give the team pause. From about November to January, the red planet saw seasonal winds strong enough to wipe accumulated dust from Opportunity's solar panels, which is one of the major reasons the rover lasted so long in the first place. But when “rover cleaning” season came and went without signals from Opportunity, hopes that it had survived began to dim.

Now imagine, a solar field on Earth where humans can reach it without problem to keep it clean when such need arrives.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    There is a reason I refer to Ocasio-Cortez as a Kindergartner. She the political equivalent of a 5 year old, screaming "I want" and stomping her feet and threatening to hold her breath till she gets what she wants. She just doesn't understand how things work.
    Yeah, not like she can declare a national emergency out of thin air, after all...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Yeah, not like she can declare a national emergency out of thin air, after all...
      See: https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14650856

I've read a number of similar articles by legal beagles that are of the view that he has every right to do it this way.
      There is an argument that it sets a bad precedent, but it looks like the precedent has already been established.

The only reason its a big stink now is that it is Trump doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        The only reason its a big stink now is that it is Trump doing it.
        Question is, do you want to let your freedom get stampeded by such unilateral decisions? Everyone recognizes the problem at the border, but some believe it is a threat, and an imminent one, and it's not. Bam. National Emergency. Realistically speaking, there is a much bigger threat up north (Moose hazards / Wolverine assassinations / Bear burglaries).
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

As long as it's my side, freedom and laws don't matter. Laws and the Constitution only apply to the other side.

/ Annoying Speak

I think I need a drink and to mount a bear on my wall
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            I think I need a drink and to mount a bear on my wall
            Remember the saying about pirates and rum, its early but you're good if you follow the rules. The bear would look neat mounted next to your giraffes trophies though.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Here is some Future earth... possible "GREEN" environmental stuff ... might be good news this time.

Well, below is an article excerpt (with complete details at article's link) that may provide a glimmer of hope for converting those "greenhouse gases" of CO2 back into solid coal. If it works, it needs to be balanced so that the trees can still breathe / absorb CO2 and stay healthy. Otherwise, too much CO2 removal or lacking in the air might damage growing plants, since they do absorb or breathe it in somehow (that's what our 1970's biology classes taught us).

"Turning Carbon Dioxide Back Into Coal"
              Technology Networks
              Feb 27, 2019; Original Story from RMIT University

Researchers have used liquid metals to turn carbon dioxide back into solid coal, in a world-first breakthrough that could transform our approach to carbon capture and storage.

The research team led by RMIT University in Melbourne, Australia, have developed a new technique that can efficiently convert CO2 from a gas into solid particles of carbon.

Published in the journal Nature Communications, the research offers an alternative pathway for safely and permanently removing the greenhouse gas from our atmosphere.

. . .
              Lead author, Dr Dorna Esrafilzadeh, a Vice-Chancellor's Research Fellow in RMIT's School of Engineering, developed the electrochemical technique to capture and convert atmospheric CO2 to storable solid carbon.
              . . .
              Esrafilzadeh said the carbon produced could also be used as an electrode.

"A side benefit of the process is that the carbon can hold electrical charge, becoming a supercapacitor, so it could potentially be used as a component in future vehicles."

"The process also produces synthetic fuel as a by-product, which could also have industrial applications."
              Fighting pollution and cleaning up the air is one item, but fighting off invasive bugs, which is also killing off many trees and agricultural growth is going to be another issue altogether.

Speaking of nasty bugs...Indoor plants that are supposed to be healthy air purifiers, when in offices or facilities where people don't know how to properly take care of them, often struggle from mites and spiders feasting off the roots or above ground growth.

In a sealed office environment, we tried to start growing plants, so we could have our own oxygen generators. Unfortunately, ALL of my spider plants and babies died and there is noticeable bugs/scale insects chomping off the other indoor plants. Worse in the warmer weather than during the cold winter. So, our office is trying out other types of plants that are more resilient with thicker leaves. It's a learning process, for sure, and this sort of side job (not paid for doing it!) shouldn't be forced on people, especially when they weren't raised to be trained in that area of skill (I'm just saying...).

In other words, to all those folks with GREEN thumbs and GREEN energy deals on their minds, they need to realize that not everyone in business has expert GREEN thumbs (instead are plagued with brown and black thumbs of plant deaths). It will be a long while before some buildings can work out their GREENery, and that may mean taking longer than ten years to accomplish such goals.

As one of the designated, indoor plant watering persons, and having limited knowledge and experience with growing anything plant-life wise, most times I don't know what I am doing, nor have the time to invest in caring for such creatures to the degree most horticulturalists do. And that is coming from people who work with those blasted GREEN government regulations!

Comment

Here is some Future earth... possible "GREEN" environmental stuff ... might be good news this time.

Well, below is an article excerpt (with complete details at article's link) that may provide a glimmer of hope for converting those "greenhouse gases" of CO2 back into solid coal. If it works, it needs to be balanced so that the trees can still breathe / absorb CO2 and stay healthy. Otherwise, too much CO2 removal or lacking in the air might damage growing plants, since they do absorb or breathe it in somehow (that's what our 1970's biology classes taught us).

Fighting pollution and cleaning up the air is one item, but fighting off invasive bugs, which is also killing off many trees and agricultural growth is going to be another issue altogether.

Speaking of nasty bugs...Indoor plants that are supposed to be healthy air purifiers, when in offices or facilities where people don't know how to properly take care of them, often struggle from mites and spiders feasting off the roots or above ground growth.

In a sealed office environment, we tried to start growing plants, so we could have our own oxygen generators. Unfortunately, ALL of my spider plants and babies died and there is noticeable bugs/scale insects chomping off the other indoor plants. Worse in the warmer weather than during the cold winter. So, our office is trying out other types of plants that are more resilient with thicker leaves. It's a learning process, for sure, and this sort of side job (not paid for doing it!) shouldn't be forced on people, especially when they weren't raised to be trained in that area of skill (I'm just saying...).

In other words, to all those folks with GREEN thumbs and GREEN energy deals on their minds, they need to realize that not everyone in business has expert GREEN thumbs (instead are plagued with brown and black thumbs of plant deaths). It will be a long while before some buildings can work out their GREENery, and that may mean taking longer than ten years to accomplish such goals.

As one of the designated, indoor plant watering persons, and having limited knowledge and experience with growing anything plant-life wise, most times I don't know what I am doing, nor have the time to invest in caring for such creatures to the degree most horticulturalists do. And that is coming from people who work with those blasted GREEN government regulations!
                The problem is, people don't cause CO2 causing climate change, so why bother exploring ways to capture it?
                I mean, if CO2 is good for everything, why not have more?
                I have a snowball as well.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

They just haven't figured out a way to blame insects that prey on plants on the United States yet. Once they do, they'll start coming up with regulations which will miraculously solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    The problem is, people don't cause CO2 causing climate change, so why bother exploring ways to capture it?
                    I have a snowball as well.
                    More importantly, how is re-using that CO2, turn it into coal, and burn it again, is going to solve anything?

I've seen this ''tech'' before, it's been around for a while, but there's nothing in it that actually does anything good to the environment. The only way would be (I think you've proposed that in a previous nuclear energy discussion) to capture it and launch it into space, getting it out of our system.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      . . .

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                      More importantly, how is re-using that CO2, turn it into coal, and burn it again, is going to solve anything?

I've seen this ''tech'' before, it's been around for a while, but there's nothing in it that actually does anything good to the environment. The only way would be (I think you've proposed that in a previous nuclear energy discussion) to capture it and launch it into space, getting it out of our system.
                      Let me just say the news media/MSM tends to get details wrong at times. So, maybe this whole CO2 issue is one of those, IDK..! To those PTB, who want to get rid of CO2... perhaps a bit of review is necessary first.

Proper *Balance* of CO2 should be the focus, so that plants and animals can *breathe* in harmony together.

If CO2 is absorbed or breathed in by trees and green/plant growth, and you remove most of that OFF the earth .. which in turn causes the plants to start dying, how in Hades are you going to breathe in fresh Oxygen, especially when plant life is what provides oxygen to the rest of living creatures on earth..?

Also, here's something that just came out the other day. Somewhere it was calculated that MOST of the CO2 cattle (cows and bulls) exist in India...(as of 2014) about 300 million, as opposed to less than 88 million cattle existing in the USA/America. So, if that is true, why don't all those GREEN energy folks who are soooooooooooo concerned about COW FARTS seek out the country of India and ask India's Hindu's to kill off ALL of their cows to start with..? Hunh???

That'll go over real big... HOLY COW!!! India won't part with their holy cows, because the animals ARE sacred and untouchable. Biggest loser would be USA, which keeps most of the cows for milk and beef food produce...not as pets or some sacred "god".

For the "official" EPA record about Carbon Dioxide vs Carbon Monoxide Poisoning, please refer to the details at the following link/page (NOTE: url may be subject to change).

Chart at link shows
                      Carbon dioxide (CO2) = 81% in air
                      Methane (CH4) = 10%
                      Nitrous oxide (N2O) = 6%
                      Fluorinated gases = 3%

BTW, swamps also produce gas/methane (CH4) naturally... that's where swamp reeds, (wet) marsh grasses, and skunk cabbages grow. Remove the swamps... it will probably kill the plants that grow there.

"Overview of Greenhouse Gases"
                      US Environmental Protection Agency

. . .
                      * Carbon dioxide (CO2): Carbon dioxide enters the atmosphere through burning fossil fuels (coal, natural gas, and oil), solid waste, trees and wood products, and also as a result of certain chemical reactions (e.g., manufacture of cement). Carbon dioxide is removed from the atmosphere (or "sequestered") when it is absorbed by plants as part of the biological carbon cycle.

* Methane (CH4): Methane is emitted during the production and transport of coal, natural gas, and oil. Methane emissions also result from livestock and other agricultural practices and by the decay of organic waste in municipal solid waste landfills.

* Nitrous oxide (N2O): Nitrous oxide is emitted during agricultural and industrial activities, as well as during combustion of fossil fuels and solid waste.

* Fluorinated gases: Hydrofluorocarbons, perfluorocarbons, sulfur hexafluoride, and nitrogen trifluoride are synthetic, powerful greenhouse gases that are emitted from a variety of industrial processes. Fluorinated gases are sometimes used as substitutes for stratospheric ozone-depleting substances (e.g., chlorofluorocarbons, hydrochlorofluorocarbons, and halons). These gases are typically emitted in smaller quantities, but because they are potent greenhouse gases, they are sometimes referred to as High Global Warming Potential gases ("High GWP gases").
                      . . .
                      So, go ahead and remove all (or most) of the CO2 from the air.. this is what plants breathe in (biology 101, circa 1960's-1970's). Nevermind about ZERO foot-printing the other toxic gases out... just focus on CO2 because there is more of that than the other gases...! (That is basically what the education/MSM systems have been saying to the general public people consumers!) Therefore, make the goal a ZERO CO2 greenhouse footprint instead.

Whoever is coming up with these remove "CO2" ideas will probably just killed off most plant life on earth going by that ZERO achievement... Yeah, Zero means ZERO (to become non-existent or is cancelled out). CO2 is NOT methane. Methane gas is CH4, according to the chart on EPA's web site. The MSM along with some prominent PTB have hyped up methane gas as the #1 issue and blaming it mostly on cow farts. Maybe many veggie personas out there (vegans?) got a huge *beef* with the Beef food/cattle industry.

Check this out on BEEF and vitamin B-12, which is essential for proper blood production, etc.

"Top 12 Foods That Are High in Vitamin B12"
                      HealthLine
                      Written by Arlene Semeco, MS, RD on May 3, 2018

. . .(B-12 is) necessary for keeping your nerves healthy and supporting the production of DNA and red blood cells, as well as maintaining normal brain function.
                      . . .
                      Vegetarians, pregnant or breastfeeding women, and others at high risk of deficiency may want to track their diets closely to make sure they’re getting enough.
                      . . .
                      Beef is an excellent source of vitamin B12.

One grilled flat iron steak (about 186 grams) provides almost 200% of the RDI for vitamin B12
                      Deficiencies in B-12 are too numerous to post here. Synthetic B-12 can be manufactured for vegetarians, but how much better is the synthetic from the real deal naturally produced B-12..? Probably not as great.

Anywho...
                      Let's see how *healthy* life can fully exist on Mars or the earth's Moon. No plant growth means NO CO2, and in return NO oxygen being breathed out from the plants. See details in next 2 article/links on how many plants are needed to produce Oxygen in a completely sealed environment
                      (possible answer... about 6 to 8 trees of 12 meters in height, or 6 to 8 snake plants of about 3 to 4 feet tall with help from Areca Palm) as noted at the following links...
                      "Snake plant" varieties are also known as the "mother-in-law's tongue".

"Question--Is there any possibility to get oxygen at every time via plant?"

(Answer by Rafik Karaman
                      Al-Quds University)

. . .
                      Plants produce different amounts of oxygen at different phases of their growing cycle. They take in different amounts of carbon dioxide at different temperatures. And finally, some plants only "breathe," at night in order to save water. A leaf gives off about five milliliters of oxygen per hour.

Trees release oxygen when they use energy from sunlight to make glucose from carbon dioxide and water. Like all plants, trees also use oxygen when they split glucose back down to release energy to power their metabolisms. Averaged over a 24-hour period, they produce more oxygen than they use up; otherwise there would be no net gain in growth.
                      . . .
                      (also see more sources at below link)

"Secrets of Longevity--Bringing oxygen producing plants into your home is a way to mimic the healthy lifestyle factors of..."
                      © Copyright 2009 by Govan Kilgour

BTW, the Peace Lily was mentioned in the above linked article as being one of the "Top three air cleaning plants"... Well, our office had one for about 2 years. It died. It got bug eaten and diseased in a sealed building. Bugs came in thru the front door and crawled or flew in. I got tired of watering a dying plant, so I (personally got permission) replaced that plant with something else that is supposedly more bug resistant and requires less water. So far, the newbie plant is thriving... we need more! Unfortunately, we're not sure how good of an oxygen producer it is, if at all.

"How many trees does it take to produce oxygen for one person?"
                      Science Focus (Home of BBC Science Focus Magazine)
                      By Luis Villazon

BTW...I've said it before that plants breathe in carbon dioxide and breathe out Oxygen, but seems this detail has been altered from scholastic educational materials... that is how I was taught. Maybe the lingo then wasn't worded as it is now, but the process remains the same. According to Live Science, Cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) "are organisms that 'breathe' using photosynthesis, take in carbon dioxide and exhale oxygen, just like modern plants.
                      Cyanobacteria were likely responsible for the first oxygen on Earth, an event grandly known as the Great Oxidation Event."
                      (see further details at "Facts About Oxygen" by Stephanie Pappas, Live Science Contributor, September 28, 2014 08:44pm ET)

BTW, when Cyanobacteria become toxic they give off what is known as the Red Tide. Better details are explained here..."No, There Isn't a Brown Tide in Florida: Saltwater Blue-Green Algae Bloom Serves as Food for Florida's Deadly Red Tide, Scientist Explains----"
                      By Pam Wright, August 30 2018 11:30 AM EDT, weather.com
                      See subheading within article under "Algae Blooms Explained".

"Save the Plankton, Breathe Freely"
                      Resource Library, National Geographic

. . .
                      ...rainforests are responsible for roughly one-third (28%) of the Earth's oxygen but
                      most (70%) of the oxygen in the atmosphere is produced by marine plants. The remaining 2 percent of Earth's oxygen comes from other sources. The ocean produces oxygen through the plants (phytoplankton, kelp, and algal plankton) that live in it. These plants produce oxygen as a byproduct of photosynthesis, a process which converts carbon dioxide and sunlight into sugars the organism can use for energy. One type of phytoplankton, Prochlorococcus, releases countless tons of oxygen into the atmosphere. It is so small that millions can fit in a drop of water...
                      . . .
                      Okay, so ocean plant-life gives us the most Oxygen. How is that going to help earthlings moving to another planet where water is scarce, if not even present in desert-like regions, where colonies might begin to settle down at?
                      Here's to the Moon and Mars... yeah, looking over there for large deposits of water for marine growth to sprout...nevermind the need for adding the Goldilocks zone of perfect temperatures to help in the process.

Remember that plant that China recently sent to the earth's Moon that sprouted and died less than a month later, due to extreme temperatures? Yeah, that sort of stuff NEEDs to be worked out for any earth-life to successfully live on those types of planetary bodies.
                      Last edited by SGalisa; 05 March 2019, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I have no idea what is your point here SG.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

I have no idea what is your point here SG.
                          What have the Democrats, MSM, and various prominent celebrities been complaining about environmentally? Add their newest voice, AOC and her crazy comments into the mix, and what is this all about? How do "we" as a collective whole repair the damage that is being done to the earth from industrial growth and wreckless pollution resulting from those? Nevermind about certain countries threatening to go to war and destroy the earth THAT way, instead...!

Gotta laugh at AOC's latest comment that no one has done anything to FIX these polluting issues. I guess she forgot about the EPA's rules on environmental clean-up, Superfund sites, and the latest round of GREENHOUSE GAS rules in 40 CFR Part 98, among other EPA's Code of Federal Regulations rulings dealing with AIR, Water, and Land.

Chaka-Z0, the points noted in my previous posting above are follow-up reactions to the whole Climate Change need for Zero-ing out Carbon Footprint, "remove CO2 from the air", live on renewable energies that are not currently used to power electricity and heat/cool homes, and other items that AOC wants the USA to enforce her new "GREEN New Deal" agenda on human inhabitants...starting here in the USA, but preferably to be adopted and enforced world-wide, too.

People are so convinced that COW Farts are the #1 USA--global problem with GREENHOUSE gases that there is an effort in TPTB ranks to kill all cattle out of existence, permanently. The resulting gullible people are believing what the media/MSM is selling to them, even when our educational school systems of long ago taught us that plant life gobbles up CO2... people breathe out CO2 which the plants absorb. In turn, we and most mammals I've ever heard about breathe in the oxygen which the plants give out to us from their photosynthesis processing.

Now, back to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (AOC)...
                          Since her election win, AOC's words have become the cherished treasures of the MSM and whatever politicians/elite billionaires who are supporting her agenda to make this Carbon Footprint *dream* stuff possible. She seems to have become their chosen voice-box, for the moment, regardless of how insane her *theories* are at enforcing her suggested ideas.

Her concepts are not new, but are targeting a combined commercial and private residential areas in the whole USA under a soon to be expanded 40 CFR Part 98 rulings and about to be enforced ahead of its time onto unsuspecting USA populations nationwide. The goal is to enforce these items in less than 12 years, because according to AOC, the earth will die after that time frame --- IF we do not act on these things NOW..!

President Obama started it for the industrial world, but AOC has taken this stuff to a higher level...by trying to convince whatever gullible minds "are out there listening" to heed her warning cries lest we all die in less than 12 years, because Climate Change is destroying the earth, etc.

Well, Climates change all the time...if no one has ever noticed. But this whole outcry against our population to "be an example to the rest of the world," and be the first country to stop using gas, oil, wood (fireplaces and woodstoves for the soot and smoke they release clogging the air), coal, and nuclear energy resources ...jeeze, hasn't this stuff been discussed before elsewhere and gotten nowhere because of flaws or pitfalls in each design..???

One of my relatives, who is now a retired lawyer, bought into AOC's "Socialist" agenda... Hook, Line, and Sinker... AND we'll all be sinking on this ship very soon if such actions DO get enforced on our entire USA populations (excluding the elites who could also be affected). "But, but...we're ALL gonna die! ..in less than 12 years...tick-tock!!!"
                          Oh look, shiny New Object... Redirection mental therapy (brain-washing).

In other words, the human frogs of our population(s) are being conditioned into jumping into the pot, while the water is slowly heated up and cooks the very life out of them before it is too late and they are unable to hop out alive and unharmed.

This means killing off ALL cattle (cows and bulls), because they fart the most *gases* into the air. So, NO more beef dinners. A suspected goal is to turn beef eaters into vegans, if not vegetarians. BEEF contains a vital vitamin B-12, which is necessary for proper growth of our nervous system and blood cells, etc. Synthetic B-12 is what vegans take, because hard core vegetarians won't touch B-12 that came from cattle/beef.

The news MSM/and some prominent personas in the science community have been harping about CO2 being problematic in destroying our earth's environment. CO2 is Carbon dioxide, which = 81% in air as per the US EPA web page. CO2 is NOT methane or the other toxic gases. CO2 is what plants take in or breathe in, and plants exhale Oxygen, which helps mammals breathe in the oxygen.

I cannot simplify it any more than that.

Also, if the goal of AOC's "socialist" agenda is to redirect our attentions from heeding common sense with these impending doom and gloom issues certain persons in the media light keep harping on more aggressively as each day passes (OMG!!! FIX it NOW!!!), it is also making the people not comprehend what exactly makes our world exist in the first place, and thus fall for *Socialist (globalized-to-be) agenda* which they are waltzing right into.

Some radio people believe this mad rush to remove CO2 and make ZERO Carbon footprints, etc., for everyone_every_where is just a ploy tactic for "Power... to control the populations" by TPTB. If voluntary compliance didn't or doesn't work, then by forced enforcement of such actions will. Otherwise, penalties will be issued to ALL persons being noncompliant, except for the inner circle controlling the *strings*.

If I were to explain that the Bible does say the earth will "burn up" and people's hearts will faint in fear for the "rising of the seas"... yeah, that's all in the Bible. It agrees that some things the Climate Change/Carbon footprint doomers are rambling on about will happen. But it's in the how of such things happening that is NOT explained. The "Socialist" Democrats are attempting to fill in those gaps the Bible has NOT explained, and we're being told time is against us NOW.

Well, yeah, I can agree with the time factors... But as other GW members have previously pointed out, it was mostly human hands that brought us to this point in destroying our oceans (e.g.,plastic pollution), which is killing off marine life. The poles switching over is causing warming weather to come in greater intensity for a few years, thus maybe rising the ocean waters... What it *is* also doing is watering down the salty nature of the ocean with melting fresh (glacier) rainwater, and killing off marine life that thrives on a certain salt percentage, as well.

I have noted the above items on these GW forums in different wording before. But my previous post was merely reinforcing what I have been trying to say all along. Just found some web links to explain it better this time around.

Comment

1- Despite the various attempts to reach a global agreement, the gas emissions have kept on increasing. You can consult any website, I propose this one

2- It's not about removing CO2 entirely, you're going to extremes again, and that's not even something that is scientifically possible and is, honestly, an absurd statement.

3- Leaving the religious babble aside, the effects of global warming are very real and must be dealt with, AOC might have ''funny'' ideas, yet she succeed in one thing, forcing a debate, striking the imaginary of the collective on the matter and making people think about ''WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT''

4- I still don't understand to this day how this FACT is still contested. Did you know the Republicans are the only political party in the whole democratic world that STILL denies climate change happens? Get that through your head, the ONLY PARTY IN THE WORLD.

5- You hide in conspiracies and populism shenanigans because facts don't fit your rhetoric.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

1- Despite the various attempts to reach a global agreement, the gas emissions have kept on increasing. You can consult any website, I propose this one

2- It's not about removing CO2 entirely, you're going to extremes again, and that's not even something that is scientifically possible and is, honestly, an absurd statement.

3- Leaving the religious babble aside, the effects of global warming are very real and must be dealt with, AOC might have ''funny'' ideas, yet she succeed in one thing, forcing a debate, striking the imaginary of the collective on the matter and making people think about ''WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT''

4- I still don't understand to this day how this FACT is still contested. Did you know the Republicans are the only political party in the whole democratic world that STILL denies climate change happens? Get that through your head, the ONLY PARTY IN THE WORLD.

5- You hide in conspiracies and populism shenanigans because facts don't fit your rhetoric.
                              1) Toxic gases are increasing, because industries are booming around the globe (look at the choking/cough-cough smog in China, it's worse than Union NJ smells).
                              * CO2 is not toxic...plants breathe CO2 in and Oxygen out (photosynthesis).
                              * Carbon monoxide *is* toxic (fumes from vehicle exhaust pipes) and kills.
                              If people are so concerned about Methane gases escaping from the anus holes of living creatures, then maybe humans should plug up their methane expelling anus first, and be a good example of what they are complaining against (yes, I'm serious!).

2) Removing a majority of CO2 is the main complaint and agenda goal being noted in the MSM news cycles and on various discussion sites. People need to be re-educated about what CO2 is, comes from, how it is cycled, etc. Take some horticulture classes to start with. Stop reading what the MSM is pushing out to the public, because the info gets mixed up and confused from week to week...saying CO2 is good (because plants can *absorb* it)...then No---it's bad and needs to be removed from the earth's atmosphere..! Jeesh.

3) Please read my replies to #4 and #5 comments.

4) What? I don't care which political party is contesting the data. I said the Bible recorded almost 2000 years ago that the earth would burn up "in the last days"... got long way to go before that happens.. at least 1007 years worth at the moment. The Bible also states that the earth would have horrible famines, diseases and natural disasters on the increase right before (Jewish) Israel's Messiah comes to rescue the planet and FIX it (see book of Revelation, and the gospels of Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13 for details).

BTW, John's gospel is the only gospel missing about the "signs" of Jesus return. That is probably because John wrote in greater detail of those signs into the book known as "Revelation".

5) The Bible is NOT a conspiracy, but a compilation of recorded documents, thus its written prophecies are a *historical* issue. I refer to the info within the Bible as my absolute guide. If you or anyone else choses to view the Bible as some piece of fabricated fiction, that is (generic) your choice.

Also, from my POV side, there is nothing political about this (biblical) info either... it just *is*. If its prophecies about earth's future proves to be true, then the biggest losers are those who refuse to believe in it, because they've been warned ahead of time of certain very specific events that will happen in correlation to the existence of Jewish Israel (unless people are reading this stuff as the events are actually occurring..!). There ARE NO coincidences in God's world...Only destinations.

Additionally----
                              If people want to believe the Bible's prophecies are the results of an angry "God", then so be it. That's pretty much what some Churches teach, and what I used to believe while I was in the Catholic Church; and even for many years after, I still believed it that way and was terrified of God's wrath upon this planet (*as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be during the coming/return of the Son of God*).

I've spent over 30 years studying Bible prophecies in this area, and used to agree with whoever wrote stuff that sort of made sense, mostly because I didn't know any better. But the more I've studied the book of Revelation in these past few years, I think it may be more jumbled up and not necessarily stated in a set-specific ORDER of events... First "this" happens, then "that"... Maybe that may be true for some items, but perhaps not for all of the stuff described in the middle...IDK. Time will reveal all in the ultimate end.

As for my current POVs with the help of some people on these GW forums, I have since concluded that mankind may very well be the culprit causing all of the disasters that the signs of the "last days of this age" are all about. In that sense, the book of Revelation is merely a recording guidebook detailing the results of those events caused by humans, except for the earthquakes and severity of storms from the raging and "rising seas". It's in piecing the info together into a logical order that is difficult to do.

There are so many interpretations on this stuff already written, that pulling all of those details together in a logical and concise way remains the most challenging. I promised a few people a very long time ago that I would try to work thru those details and post them into this topic here, but I can't just do it all in one posting. It is for their benefit I have written *some* of these things (and btw, those folks don't post in here any more...they simply lurk, if that).

I've been trying to rework the info in my thoughts to reply to some of aretood2's many comments from pages and pages ago. Once I get enough time to actually sit down and figure out how to piece the info together, then I will (attempt to) expand upon it into this topic here. Until then, I'm stuck with mere bits and pieces of miscellaneous other items.

Comment

Despite what you've been programmed to think, it is NOT a proven fact, it is a theory. Nothing more.

And just because the Republicans are the only party that doesn't buy into it, that doesn't mean they're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X