Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    And what if the Iran warship is just on a recon mission... or what if it is another Enola Gay (stealth mission)?
    It only took one Enola Gay to stop WWII.
    What is the purpose of the Iranian warship? Pleasure cruise? That's doubtful, unless it is to seize control of stuff that isn't in Iran's current control.
    Its not a stealth mission as it requires no body besides a select few to know, which the whole world knows, so its not a stealth mission.

You need to brush up on your history as there where two planes who flew both of the nuclear weapons to Japan in Aug of 1945.

What is it going to seize with just 1 warship in which most of the crew is only trained to run that ship. Its going to take more than 1 warship.

Comment

That depends on the situation. When a person is living in a location far removed from the rest of the world, where troubles exist, there is no worry, no need to even think about it. It's easy to live carefree and without a worry / concern in the world.
      EXCUSE ME!!!!!!
      I'm sorry, but the world, dispite your almighty freaking boarders exists. WE HAVE had our own problems with "terrorism" thank you very much, and just because we loose a few dozen as opposed to a few thousand means exactly JACK CRAP.

People lived that way for years (decades) in the USA, until September 11, 2001 happened. Before September 11, 2001, most people had an open policy of inviting everyone from any where in the world over, to experience the wonders and joys that existed in America (the USA). That's how naivity works -- innocence of mind is free of clutter and life is wonderful to share.
      OH FFS, you gonna pull that one out for decades to come as well??

After that day, everything changed. Life becomes very challenging to trust *anyone* ever again after such an event like that. The closer the person is to ground zero (of the actual event happening), the harder it is to trust -- just complete strangers as good samaritans, etc. Who is a good samaritan any more?
      The USA's population is roughly 320 million, the rest of the 6 BILLION on the planet are willing to try to make a recovery, look at what happened, and assign "blame" such as it is to those responsible, you wanna live in fear of everyone who doesn't fit "an American", as some kind of profile, thats your bag.

How can someone be a good samaritan when in that same month of September, a gang of teens or young adults were preying on the highway, pretending to be broken down, and when a good samaritan came over to help, that person was beat up and their car and other things stolen. This happened several times for several weeks, until the culprits got caught.
      And of course this never happened before, 9/11 was the catalyst for all such behavior, untill then, no one was ever mugged, no groups were ever disparaged....................
      I'm disgusted.

Too many stories like that were becoming more and more common, or showed up in the news more and more frequently.
      FEAR SELLS PAPERS, and the newspapers picked up on it, what do you expect?

If you're living in a town where the "scouts" for lack of a better term were also living -- make that on the same neighborhood block as the hijacker scouts -- your world perspective changes. Some lady I met at a laundromat lived directly across the lawn from these (suspected hijacker) guys, and she had a tendency to speak what was on her mind. Well, she ended up in a head-on collision and had some serious injuries after she said something about her suspicious neighbors. Weird part was that the newspaper reporters were in the car directly behind her. The timing was just weird, there.
      I'm sure it took that lady a long time to heal emotionally as well as physically.
      Wow just, Wow.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

And what if the Iran warship is just on a recon mission... or what if it is another Enola Gay (stealth mission)?
        It only took one Enola Gay to stop WWII.
        What is the purpose of the Iranian warship? Pleasure cruise? That's doubtful, unless it is to seize control of stuff that isn't in Iran's current control.

Given Iran's track record of threats against Israel, is it any wonder Israel is a bit ansty over who is surrounding them on all borders?
        Of course Israel has the right to worry–heck, I'd worry if there was an Iranian warship just off of my coast–, but to say that Israel is surrounded because there is one warship somewhere in the Mediterranean is just silly.
        My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Geeze guys you don't need to gang up on SGalisa....she is only posting things in ~her~ thread to share. Sure there are alot of Doomsday Preppers these days...hell there is a new reality show about it. SO what??!! I think it gives people a way to deal with their own fears and feel like they are doing something about it instead of just sitting back and doing nothing. You can be positive about things in preparing for end times and not go over board. Like re-familiarizing yourself with old ways before your grand parents die and take that information with them. Like raising a garden....canning food.... starting a fire without matches....you know getting in touch with your basic Boy Scout skills again It wouldn't hurt that's for sure.

As for the Rapture....going back to that...cuz quite honestly I thought there would be more discussion on that. As for me I do believe in a pre trib Rapture...so to me....their will be no end times signals....because he will come back when EVERYONE least expects it. We have been having war, famine, disease, natural disasters for years. Yeah it does seem that things are ramping up with Israel....but again that has been going on for years.
          All I can say is when millions of Christians disappear one day....that is when you all should run for the hills and say.... "Oh....crap!!" *giggles*
          Originally posted by jelgate
          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Its not her thread, this forum is owned by Darren. So anything that is posted by anyone thus becomes owned by him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post
              Its not her thread, this forum is owned by Darren. So anything that is posted by anyone thus becomes owned by him.
              well you know what I mean... the thread she started to post these things
              Originally posted by jelgate
              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (Matthew 6:34 NASB)

Out of curiosity I gave this thread a quick read and I have to say that few times do I come across something that takes verses from the Bible so out of their context that they fail to make much sense at all. Sadly it is those who have little understanding of the Bible that make other see it as a book filled with poorly written ramblings of little value.

The Bible was written over the course of hundreds of years, it was written for a specific audience. The book of revelations, for example, was written for a handful of churches at the time of Apostle Paul (Revelations 1:4). The Bible is a book meant to instill hope (Romans 15:4). Another reason for the Bible's existence is also to provide needed spiritual advice and lessons (2 Timothy 3:16). Nowhere in scripture do we find that the writings in it are only meant for those who would be alive thousands of years into the future. It does say, however, that they are written so that people

Take this into consideration and we find that the book of Revelations has several purposes. The first is to provide a much needed message to the seven churches in existence at the time that it was "written for the generation to come; And a people which shall be created shall praise Jehovah," (Psalm 102:18 ASB). So it was written first for those who lived at the time, and recorded so that the people that were created with this purpose may "praise Jehovah."

The book of Revelations was written for the sake of those ancient Christians, so it had to be relevant to them first, then it is meant for us so that we may provide such praise and strengthen our faith in God. These "mysteries" belong to us for learning, not to decide when or where these things will happen (Deuteronomy 29:29; Acts 1:7). This is why the warning found in Torah is repeated in the book of Revelations to not add to anything to scripture nor take anything away, be it the actual text or to add unscriptural assumptions and guesses (Deuteronomy 4:2; 12:32; Proverbs 30:6; Revelations 22: 18, 19) So since we are not supposed to know the when and where, the question remains: What are we to learn from these writings? We can not answer these questions by making rash assumptions to add to scripture.

If you read the Bible you'll see the beginning and the end of many "worlds." The first world began with Adam and eve and ended with their fall (Genesis 3:22-24) and that began a new era which ended with the flood (Genesis 7). The following era was the time between the Flood and the tower of Babel, after it fell a new system rose that we are familiar with, a world of many nations (Genesis 11:9). This world persists, but another era began after the Hebrews left Egypt. That new world would then require God to build a people to be light unto the world (Isaiah 42:6). These people received a Law that, if followed, would bring about many blessings (Deuteronomy 10:12, 13; 11:26, 27). So this fell to the Hebrews, of which they did not fulfill causing the destruction of the first Temple and ending that world.

Then the new Temple came about, a New era which then ended with John the Baptist, "For all the prophets and the Law prophesied until John," (Matthew 11:13 NASB) which was followed by the destruction of the second temple and thus an end of that world. An end that the Christians of the seven churches saw and knew about. This was a precarious
                time, since most if not all of the other Apostles were dead, they too felt the end of their world was coming.

In the Bible you read about a "Former" and "Latter" rain, "Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in Jehovah your God; for he giveth you the former rain and in just measure he causeth to come down for you the rain, the former and the latter rain, in the first month." (Joel 2:23 ASB). From the time of the last Prophet of the "Old Testament" to John the Baptist was about 400 years. The time between Moses and Joseph was around the same length. During both time periods there was great darkness, the none scriptural book of Maccabees describes this darkness, "And there was a great tribulation in Israel, such as was not since the day, that there was no prophet seen in Israel" (1 Maccabees 9:27 DRA). While this book is not divinely inspired and has some issues with consistency, it is still useful to peek into the images of that point in time.

This suffering that is recorded in the book of Maccabees is consistent with the suffering during the time of Israel's enslavement in Egypt (Exodus 2:23-25). This is something that the Christians of Apostle John's time would be familiar with. And now they saw themselves to be at the end of the world. But Apostle John wrote a book, Revelations, or a series of letters compiled together. In this book he gave a repitative account of "the end of the world" but at the very end, there is hope.

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”' (Revelations 21:1-4 NASB)
                Throughout the book you see signs of hope, signs that the saints continue to cry to God (Revelations 7:9-12). You have the 7 trumpets, bowls, and seals. This repitition and the use of the number of days in a week signal that these things are happening 7 days a week, meaning that the Christians shouldn't fear the end of one world, for another world awaits them.

And today as we see and learn from these writings, that which happened back then will happen to day, and with even greater force, but we shouldn't be anxious or worried about it. Those who have hope, those who do not live in fear and those who "Fight the good fight of faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses." (2 Timothy 6:12 NASB). This book was never meant to be one to cause fear, to make people constantly be on the look out for death. It was meant to give hope, to cause us to see the ever stressing situation of the world and know that God is aware of this and has prepared for us the new heavens and the new earth so that we may know pain and sickness and death no more.

While yes, Jesus did say that things would be worse before he would return (Matthew 24:1ff), that is to be expected, that is no excuse for trying to follow the times and attempting to know the date of his coming for not even he knows when he will come (24:37). If he doesn't know, none of us will ever be able to guess. But for this very reason Jesus also gave us the very first verse that I quoted, we shouldn't worry about the end. That was Apostle John's message in Revelations. Things end, but for the faithful, it will never be The End.

"
                “The king relented. "Safety is an illusion, Costis. A Thief might fall at any time, and eventually the day must come when the god will let him. Whether I am on a rafter three stories up or on a staircase three steps up, I am in my god's hands. He will keep me
                safe, or he will not, here or on the stairs.”
                ?
                Megan Whalen Turner
                The King of Attolia"

No matter how much we try, we can never truly say that we are safe. This is why we should put our faith in God, not governments and airport security and any man made means. And even then, there must still be an end.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

I am aware of that, so no need to remind me that I am merely a *guest* here..

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  EXCUSE ME!!!!!!
                  I'm sorry, but the world, dispite your almighty freaking boarders exists. WE HAVE had our own problems with "terrorism" thank you very much, and just because we loose a few dozen as opposed to a few thousand means exactly JACK CRAP.

OH FFS, you gonna pull that one out for decades to come as well??

The USA's population is roughly 320 million, the rest of the 6 BILLION on the planet are willing to try to make a recovery, look at what happened, and assign "blame" such as it is to those responsible, you wanna live in fear of everyone who doesn't fit "an American", as some kind of profile, thats your bag.

And of course this never happened before, 9/11 was the catalyst for all such behavior, untill then, no one was ever mugged, no groups were ever disparaged....................
                  I'm disgusted.

FEAR SELLS PAPERS, and the newspapers picked up on it, what do you expect?

Wow just, Wow.
                  ok, for starters, my time is limited, so I can't break this apart line by line.

(on the lighter side =) wow. I can say it, too wow..spells wow backwards too..

Please try to realize that most of us posting on these forums have no idea what the next person is truly like, or *what* they have actually lived thru. I was speaking in terms of *generic* (could relate to anyone) situations, not targeting specific persons.

So, with that in mind, try to understand this--
                  I grew up naive. Very naive. I learned the difficult route that people I thought I could trust were not totally trustworthy. I grew up in an area known as a sleepy-little town in the middle of nowhere. Our schools have programs known as EXCHANGE STUDENT program, where a student from another country comes and visits a family in the USA while a student in the USA visits the visiting person's country and family. I thought that was a wonderful idea and helps expand our understanding of other cultures, and etc.

I used to think it was unfair to the rest of the world that most kids/families don't have that sort of opportunity.
                  I used to believe in an open door, welcome mat policy. Be courteous at all times (as much as possible), you never know who you might be meeting up with, and hope that other person is nice and kind in return.

I only brought up the issue of September 11, 2001, because that is the day my own world (sleepy-little town) got turned upside down. It'd be nice to forget about and move forward -- but when the saber rattling of other nations who hate the USA ring loud and clear, shouting "DEATH to AMERICANS" and actually doing exactly that whenever they feel like it, (generic) your world of trust changes.

It wasn't just the World Trade Center in NYC that was affected. It was all of those towns the suspected hijacker scouts went visiting to and actually lived in. Mine was one of those towns. Two buildings away from my family, in fact. Found out from some little old ladies living in their same courtyard complex, on where these mysterious guys all came from.
                  Pre-9/11/2001, these guys had the M.O. of the hijackers who crashed into the WTC, too -- stay for a few months, leave and moved on elsewhere, which the short stay hops just seemed a bit odd. After the WTC was crashed into, some of these guys suddenly up and vanished. I heard rumors that ICE, the FBI, and State Police were looking for a few specific individuals. The landlady never even knew who was actually living in those apartments, because all she knew was that someone was paying their bills. Weird item -- the Living Complex place was owned by a Jewish businessman. Did it make me feel safer after hearing that story? Not really. It was enough to shake up even the most hardiest of hearts, who told me about the search rumors and later denied having been aware of any of it.

While our naive minds were just thinking the guys that showed up from the various middle eastern countries and went to college or worked at the local gas stations -- while we thought these guys were struggling, trying to make ends meet (they all lived in the same apartment--crammed in with about a dozen in each apartment, and no furniture that we could see, so they slept on the floor! Well, while we were feeling sorry for those guys (and they were all males), someone was paying their bills -- so they didn't really need to work nearby. These guys walked everywhere -- rain, snow, whatever. One of them actually came up to my car (at night in the parking lot) and just stared at me with a strange look, but decided to walk away.

Was I creeped out? Yeah. I used to live near Paterson, NJ, so yeah. Paterson has as bad of a reputation as Newark, NJ; Jersey City, NJ, and the worst parts of NYC,NY. Female alone in car with creepy male guy (I never did find out who he was) who deliberately went out of his way to walk over to my car.. that in itself is creepy.

Never once did these guys smile in a passing greeting on the sidewalk with a woman. Most of the time, they stayed on the other side of the lawn, but there were some exceptions. Were those times creepy too? No. Just bizarre. It's sad that some people in our world live that way, but they do.

Personally, and ever since I've studied personality temperaments, I believe that everyone is composed of the 4 basic temperament traits. The worst offenders seem to be the con-artists and nasty, angry souls who turn against a naive persona without warning. Those are the ones that cannot be totally trusted. It doesn't matter what culture, society, religious, economic or country background a person comes from. What is at the core, is the persona being encountered -- are they nice and kind, or something else? That's what each person's own persona boils down to at its core.

When the world realizes this is how people really are, and only then begin trying to get along with each other's differences, as long as others don't get bullied, maimed, killed, injured, (fill in "bad" event___) then the world might start to see more joy within it. It's not a perfect world, and far from it, especially at its current rate of behaviors and deeds.

and another story-- (in spoiler brackets for space)
                  Spoiler:
                  It's getting tougher for parents to protect their children from bullying people who have intents of maiming, or worse. As far as the substance abuse problem in a neighborhood one would least expect it, one of the sons of a friend of one of my relatives-- had his head bashed into a brick/concrete wall when he apparently rattled out on his neighbors who were suspected of doing drugs and getting into more serious crimes. The kid ended up with a 4 or 5-inch patch of stitches in his skull. He's all healed up now, but seriously messed up on issues of how much pain he can tolerate.

What makes that situation more serious to other parents in the area is that gangs have formed, which is nothing new, but the level of violence from those gangs is new. A while back, someone scribbled MS-13 on the walls of one of the nearby town buildings, and the police were attempting to find out who the responsible culprits were (the papers never reported a resolution to any of that).

In addition to MS-13 gang members operating nationally (and anywhere) within the USA, along the Texas-Mexican border, MS-13 and a few other violent gangs have been reported to beheading anyone opposed to their ways. They aren't just maiming their victims; they behead and dismember some of them.

That is a Very disturbing trend for our future world.

So, the rest of us in the same town are supposed just walk around pretending none of this stuff is happening??
                  Oh just look the other way, because some crazy politican(s) are allowing this sort of behavior to continue? and that's a whole other story in itself.

At this point in life trusting of another person is earned, not simply given. Before the year 2001, naive hearts simply gave trust to anyone they met.
                  They got severely bitten after 9-11-2001. And life--in general--has not gotten any better since then, only worse.

Gotta go. Sorry I can't elaborate more at the moment.
                  Got a hungry hubby hovering around to feed.

Comment

Its not a stealth mission as it requires no body besides a select few to know, which the whole world knows, so its not a stealth mission.

What is it going to seize with just 1 warship in which most of the crew is only trained to run that ship. Its going to take more than 1 warship.
                    Then why is the "warship" there? What is it carrying? Or what does it plan on carrying back?
                    Easy, simple questions. If they aren't hiding anything, they should be able to fess up, without balking for time on letting inspectors inspect the ship from top to bottom and all points in between.

You need to brush up on your history as there where two planes who flew both of the nuclear weapons to Japan in Aug of 1945.
                    I am aware of that.
                    They didn't really need the 2nd plane, but used it as a back-up reinforcement.
                    I have a history teacher in the family who taught World and USA History.

Comment

So, with that in mind, try to understand this--
                      I grew up naive. Very naive. I learned the difficult route that people I thought I could trust were not totally trustworthy. I grew up in an area known as a sleepy-little town in the middle of nowhere. Our schools have programs known as EXCHANGE STUDENT program, where a student from another country comes and visits a family in the USA while a student in the USA visits the visiting person's country and family. I thought that was a wonderful idea and helps expand our understanding of other cultures, and etc.

I used to think it was unfair to the rest of the world that most kids/families don't have that sort of opportunity.
                      I used to believe in an open door, welcome mat policy. Be courteous at all times (as much as possible), you never know who you might be meeting up with, and hope that other person is nice and kind in return.

I only brought up the issue of September 11, 2001, because that is the day my own world (sleepy-little town) got turned upside down. It'd be nice to forget about and move forward -- but when the saber rattling of other nations who hate the USA ring loud and clear, shouting "DEATH to AMERICANS" and actually doing exactly that whenever they feel like it, (generic) your world of trust changes.

It wasn't just the World Trade Center in NYC that was affected. It was all of those towns the suspected hijacker scouts went visiting to and actually lived in. Mine was one of those towns. Two buildings away from my family, in fact. Found out from some little old ladies living in their same courtyard complex, on where these mysterious guys all came from.
                      Pre-9/11/2001, these guys had the M.O. of the hijackers who crashed into the WTC, too -- stay for a few months, leave and moved on elsewhere, which the short stay hops just seemed a bit odd. After the WTC was crashed into, some of these guys suddenly up and vanished. I heard rumors that ICE, the FBI, and State Police were looking for a few specific individuals. The landlady never even knew who was actually living in those apartments, because all she knew was that someone was paying their bills. Weird item -- the Living Complex place was owned by a Jewish businessman. Did it make me feel safer after hearing that story? Not really. It was enough to shake up even the most hardiest of hearts, who told me about the search rumors and later denied having been aware of any of it.

While our naive minds were just thinking the guys that showed up from the various middle eastern countries and went to college or worked at the local gas stations -- while we thought these guys were struggling, trying to make ends meet (they all lived in the same apartment--crammed in with about a dozen in each apartment, and no furniture that we could see, so they slept on the floor! Well, while we were feeling sorry for those guys (and they were all males), someone was paying their bills -- so they didn't really need to work nearby. These guys walked everywhere -- rain, snow, whatever. One of them actually came up to my car (at night in the parking lot) and just stared at me with a strange look, but decided to walk away.

Was I creeped out? Yeah. I used to live near Paterson, NJ, so yeah. Paterson has as bad of a reputation as Newark, NJ; Jersey City, NJ, and the worst parts of NYC,NY. Female alone in car with creepy male guy (I never did find out who he was) who deliberately went out of his way to walk over to my car.. that in itself is creepy.

Never once did these guys smile in a passing greeting on the sidewalk with a woman. Most of the time, they stayed on the other side of the lawn, but there were some exceptions. Were those times creepy too? No. Just bizarre. It's sad that some people in our world live that way, but they do.
                      Just cause you were naive doesnt mean that everyone was. You were to dumb and blind to think that the outside world wouldnt affect you, till something did happen that did affect you. And now you regret it, just like alot of people do and then try to show people whats outside of there small little world they live in who are just like you used to be.

And now you give us your sad story of what happened to you to justify not to trust anyone cause they may or may not be who they say they are.

Its people like you and other people who are turning this country upside down cause of some event that happened. We shouldnt have to be fearing from our government cause of all the laws and bills passed due to some event more than the people who caused the event to happen.

Should we be more careful, Yes we should. Should we be so careful that it affects our freedoms? Hell frakking no it shouldnt, which what happened.

TSA, has more power than it should have.
                      A whole new part of the government(Department of Homeland Security) to "make sure the US is safe".

The people in power in the US Government took away alot of our freedoms just so the enemy wont attack us no more. That is what many people call giving in or surrendering.

Spoiler:
                      Im not attacking you or meant to offend you in anyway.

Originally posted by SGalisa
                      Then why is the "warship" there? What is it carrying? Or what does it plan on carrying back?
                      Easy, simple questions. If they aren't hiding anything, they should be able to fess up, without balking for time on letting inspectors inspect the ship from top to bottom and all points in between.
                      I do not know, maybe you should go to Iran and ask the military leaders and the leader of Iran?

Like I said, a stealth mission means that only select few know. But when the world knows and many countries are watching that warship, its not very stealthy now is it?
                      As for a inspection, who the hell are we to be inspecting some other countries warship? We are nobody, we have no right to demand we inspect every warship or ship of another country just cause they may or may not have hostile intentions.

No wonder the whole world calls the USA the world police.

Comment

So I assume the US Navy will let Iran inspect its ships as well?
                        My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          EXCUSE ME!!!!!!
                          I hope you've read my previous posts, because I really don't feel like re-stating them here.
                          Anywho...

What is the continuous fascination to spin an American (USA) label on everything and blame America for the rest of the world's problems? (true, our recent gov'ts haven't been the best, but it isn't ALL of the USA's fault for the rest of the world's warring problems).

(General USA Background) Ever since the USA colonies broke away from England's authority, it has tried to live on its own. Sounds selfish and self-centered. But once the internal wars within the USA stopped, it tried to live and enjoy life by getting along with each other person living within it. It didn't want to get involved in the rest of the world's problems. It basically stuck its proverbial head in the ground and stayed there... until WWII with Pearl Harbor being attacked. True, the USA got involved with WWI -- fault of the USA gov't. Surprise, surprise, it wasn't all of the USA doing this or wanting any part of that.

I may have been born in America, but my ancestral genes come from both sides of this planet, which includes being part Native American (Indian)..! So, maybe it's because of my geneological ancestry that I don't think like the average American. Unless I have to be specific about a certain spot on this planet, I usually think in (the entire) "world" terms. We're all here together, like it or not... The whole Earth, not just a tiny segment of it. If I wasn't raised a Christian, I'd probably be one of those world "Mother Earth" huggers.

I (usually) don't put a USA name label on world events, because I was raised Christian (Catholic actually). So, as a Christian, I was taught that everyone (humans everywhere on earth and maybe elsewhere in the universe) were put into this world by the same Creator (God), and we are all unique in His sight. We are all destined to have our own room somewhere in eternity to call our own. But until eternity begins, we share life on the same planet, the same world -- it belongs to all of us -- given to us by our (God) Creator. What humanity, since their birth, has done as whole unit with this planet -- is another story.

As for blaming the USA for this and that -- It seems that the rest of the world dragged the USA into their own little squabbles, not that the USA deliberately stuck its proverbial nose into the world. People elsewhere came to us. The USA got dragged into WWII, when Pearl Harbor (in Hawaii) got hit. Ever since that time, and the big boom of Japan, the USA has treaded with caution as best it could, until threats of WWIII got stirred up in the 1960's and 1970's. We (the USA) got its children hurled into war during Vietnam. We've had our kids sent into many other places, sometimes against their will (especially their parents!).

So, the "world issues" is a gov't problem. Blame the gov'ts for dragging the rest of us nobodies into their world scheming.

I thought as humans, we were all put on this earth together -- one giant boat-house, so to speak.
                          Humanity itself is what should be addressed in the profiling. Not the country of the USA or Britain, or whatever country has a name label on its piece of soil. And IF *humanity* as a whole should be addressed in this profiling as an issue, then people should/must deal with individual personalities, as they exist. Not target a piece of soil and whoever is living on it, just *because* humanity as a whole unit cannot get along... It's the individual personalities doing the decision making, and mostly at the top rungs of the controlling ladder. Not the little folks being forced under control at the bottom of that same ladder. *sigh*

Comment

Just cause you were naive doesnt mean that everyone was. You were to dumb and blind to think that the outside world wouldnt affect you, till something did happen that did affect you. And now you regret it, just like alot of people do and then try to show people whats outside of there small little world they live in who are just like you used to be.

And now you give us your sad story of what happened to you to justify not to trust anyone cause they may or may not be who they say they are.

Its people like you and other people who are turning this country upside down cause of some event that happened. We shouldnt have to be fearing from our government cause of all the laws and bills passed due to some event more than the people who caused the event to happen.

Should we be more careful, Yes we should. Should we be so careful that it affects our freedoms? Hell frakking no it shouldnt, which what happened.

TSA, has more power than it should have.
                            A whole new part of the government(Department of Homeland Security) to "make sure the US is safe".

The people in power in the US Government took away alot of our freedoms just so the enemy wont attack us no more. That is what many people call giving in or surrendering.

Spoiler:
                            Im not attacking you or meant to offend you in anyway.

(spoiler understood =)

As for the rest, it seems you've basically labeled "my little world" as insecure and people like me are responsible for what is happening on the rest of this planet.

I hate to differ with you, but I cannot agree with that viewpoint.

I think you're saying that I regret being naive, and resent it all the more, so no one can ever be trusted again? Actually, I tend to give people more leeway in most areas, regardless. I just do it now with a "proceed with extreme caution" -- just in case, they end up being a total con job. I doubt if I will ever stop being naive.. it's part of my inbuilt personality, so I just learned to live with it. How other people see me is their perspective, not mine.

There's more to the story than you'd care to hear. It wouldn't matter if it was told... *sigh*
                            Spoiler:
                            In addition to our sleepy little town unaware of playing "host" to suspected hijacker scouts, while they plotted our demise (death, or removal from life itself in whatever form they decided upon), one of my relatives was supposed to come home from a medical trauma rehab center that week. He never came home. Months prior, he had a possible stroke and fell down a flight of stairs. It destroyed his brain enough that it crippled him for the rest of his life.

During that same week, he received a Federal jury notice to go to court in Newark, NJ -- on hmmm..
                            September 11, 2001. Freaky. The man was hospitalized and incapable of going anywhere, let alone making a rational decision on a jury! A month prior, his jury notice showed up and it looked like an identity theft situation. He was in the air force. Military members were having their records stolen in identity theft by the thousands then. So, we contacted the police to find out how legit his notice was. I mean, the guy was in a medical bed under 24-hour care! Hello? Was our gov't that slow in tracking it's residents?

When I contacted the jury office in Newark, they checked into the ID number of his notice, and believed it was legit. It was a low number, so he would have been surely picked had he been forced to go. Fortunately, that situation got cleared up about him not having to show up in court on 9-11-2001, but another rumor surfaced that the court house in Newark, NJ was also targeted to be attacked that September morning. I didn't even notice any possible connection between his jury notice for that day and the WTC, until after I put the dates together later in that week. That's pure naivity.

Anyway, he was supposed to be moved back closer to home that 9-11-2001 morning. He never came home that week. His ambulance transport instead ended up at the WTC all week long, which was more urgently needed there than moving him back home. He never knew in the remaining days that he lived, what happened in NYC that morning either. He didn't know who Osama bin Laden was (and gave no indication that he knew either). He also didn't know our nation was under attack that morning with threats popping up now and then ever since from other parts of the world.

The burden was on the rest of the family not to complicate his life with more stress of life happening in the rest of the world than what he already had (brain trauma injury).

So, try living in the other person's shoes experiencing all of these events. Each one separately might be easier to swallow when they don't seem to merge into one giant nightmare. Seriously.

Forgiving the matter and folks responsible for all of the above is one thing, forgetting the memory (or memories) is an entirely different matter.

No---- justifying trust with these specific (horrific type of) events is *not* the issue.
                            Whatever happened to simple humanity being human? Humans are supposed to have evolved to higher levels of learning and intelligence, yet some of them still act like a pack of barbarians from ancient times.. just the technologies and uses thereof have changed.
                            As the old saying goes---- The more things change, the more they seem to stay the same.

Whatever happened to simple kindness? We as humans will never be able to achieve colonizing another planet, moon or world beyond our earth, until everyone can overcome their *issues* and stop attacking each other. Learn to peacefully turn those swords into plowshears and till the soil. Grow food. Enjoy life so that everyone can each day they enter.

The reality is that this world is full of people having unique personalities. Unfortunately, some of those same people are hell-bent with anger in their hearts, and some people choose to use deception in their approach as opposed to an outright sudden outburst of anger. The meek and mild ones usually end up getting caught in the middle of fights they didn't start or (want to) choose to get involved with.

Its people like you and other people who are turning this country upside down cause of some event that happened.
                            Gee, for one thing, I wish I had that much power to control what direction this world would be heading into. I'd turn it right-side up and do my utmost best to make sure people got along with each other.. however, I am *NOT* God, so I can't do that.

We shouldnt have to be fearing from our government cause of all the laws and bills passed due to some event more than the people who caused the event to happen.
                            This still sounds like a conspiracy has been suddenly formed because of one event (or more) in time.
                            And how do the rest of the naive folks know that such issues weren't hatched long-term by gov'ts who gained some power, got bored with normal life, and decided to liven things up with making their own little war games?

Otherwise, then blame the gov'ts of the entire world over the enforcement issues now being pushed upon humanity (as a whole). Global warming... lots of blame games going on there... and the evils of capitalism. It's not just the USA (in general daily life) at fault, but the entire world. Too much territorial fighting and in-fighting, as well.

Too bad TPTB in control can't go off onto another planet and fight this out on their own. Leave the rest of us folks to enjoy the few uneventful, peaceful moments our life actually gives us. Dealing with the weather and health issues has enough of its own burdens to endure thru.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                              So I assume the US Navy will let Iran inspect its ships as well?
                              ugh! *sigh*
                              Really now.. what is so difficult with Iran being honest? The world sees pictures of a ship on the water, it doesn't know what is inside the boat. Probably doesn't care, for the most part either.. as long as the ship isn't in *their* port, lest the gawkers come out in droves to look. The situation would go under the authorities of the UN, not the USA gov't.

I do not know, maybe you should go to Iran and ask the military leaders and the leader of Iran?

Like I said, a stealth mission means that only select few know. But when the world knows and many countries are watching that warship, its not very stealthy now is it?
                              As for a inspection, who the hell are we to be inspecting some other countries warship? We are nobody, we have no right to demand we inspect every warship or ship of another country just cause they may or may not have hostile intentions.

IF *anyone* is NOT guilty of being up to no good or doing anything wrong, they shouldn't feel threatened if being required to submit to inspections. Homeowners have to submit to various inspections as much as businesses. So what is the big deal? privacy?

Freedoms become lost because of the few who ruined it for the rest of the people who did try to live within compliance (of already established enforced laws). So for the sake of the *few* miserable culprits, the *many* have to suffer?

Originally posted by Rudy Pena
                              And exactly what does the rest of the world know? Not much from what I've read. A warship in the Mediterranean. Big deal.. go back to sleep folks, nothing visible there...
                              ... ...

Does one require a cloaking device to work on a secretive stealth mission, or simply keep their (mouth) trap shut..?
                              The day Julius Ceasar was murdered, his own so-called friends operated in stealth mode until they did their deed against him.

Originally posted by Rudy Pena

Again, why does the USA have to get targeted as the culprit to everything that happens elsewhere in the world? Because we're such gullible scapegoats? Why can't the world become responsible for its own actions, instead of blameshifting to someone else all (or most) of the time?
                              Native Americans might be living within the USA land mass, but they aren't responsible for what happens in the rest of the world. Yet, they are being tossed into that same soup mix regardless, just because they live within the boundary lines known as "USA" soil.
                              Besides, thought everything bad happening was all supposed to be declared under "it's Bush's fault!"

If the world stopped fighting, harming each other, and etc., would they NEED to have someone ELSE *police* them?
                              Would the UN *have* to step in on the battle scars left over, because of the certain few who can't control themselves? The world has brought itself to this point. Not just whatever roles "the USA" had and may have caused in the process. The rest of the world needs to step up and take responsibility too for its own actions and inactions.

Comment

And no one is saying to forget it all happened and what not, but to use that single event and whatever small events to take away our freedoms.

And yes there is a conspiracy for part of 9-11, 2.1trillion dollars was missing and the only place of record was in the exact area the pentagon was hit. Minutes after the "plane" hit, FBI agents took all video footage in over 70 cameras that are around the pentagon. Then only a few frames is released to the public that span a few minutes. Or how people who worked in the area said it sounded like a bomb or how people who went out the hole said they never saw any plane wreakage.

That is true about how they change and stay the same, but we also know whats more going on in the world is due to technology in communications. The world is not ending, the parts of the bible that people are talking about is not coming true everytime something happens.

It been going on all the time, we now just have better communication in the world. Sure its sad to hear about a city being hit by a earthquake or a flashflood or whatever natural disaster, but these things have always been happening, we just didnt know about them due to lack of good communication tech.

Will the things in the bible come true, yes they will. But no one will know for sure till its very close. But that doesnt mean cause something looks like its going to happen means it will.

As for Global warming, Yes it is happening. But it is not due to man kind like people claim it is. It is the natural way it has been. In the last 200 to 300 years, man has not made so much of a big problem to cause global warming or to cause it to accelerate the process to such a degree.

Comment

Working...
                                X