Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    For all you curious ones and *critics*, I could have left huge chunks of info out of the below post, but thought what I quoted was necessary for greater clarification.

I *did* answer ...sigh... but alas, here it is again --tracing back to May 21st, 2016, 05:53 PM up thru August 16th, 2016, 12:20 AM, in DETAIL-- as a *refresher* on the noggin memory in overload drive...

Let's start with a previous reference at post #513 (by SGalisa), note below...

Then see aretood2's-----post #515, as noted below...
    "This generation"
    What does he mean by "this generation?" It's an important question to ask.

Again, the question in aretood2's-----post #515
    "This generation"

.....Well, please note the following response.....
    I answered it in post #518 -- as best I could answer, even tho it still sounds like a round-a-bout answer. If it is happening within my own generation, then what signs are we looking for and who or what eventful items have taken their place in this prophetic warning ~ That is what I focused on, because people are still seeking the answer(s) to Jesus' comment. BTW, I gave specific details in my reply as to who and "what" was being looked at. .....Can't help it if the rest of you all got seriously distracted and so sidetracked that your comments were jumping down into some bunny holes --so deep-- that you forgot to look for the answer.

Hal Lindsay (and a few other prophecy experts) believes "this generation" is the one generation which will be alive when both of the following items and events occur----
    1 --when Israel is back in its original homeland as a nation, AND
    2 --when all of the signs given for the prophecy happen within the same general ("generation" alive at that time) timeframe and converge all together in unison, like "birth pains". That is the clue and what to look for. The "who" is involved are described in the book of Revelation 7-19.

If you want to know exactly WHICH generation the verse applies to, then seek out God for the answer. People living thruout history won't have any final answer, unless they are living thru that actual time period and WILL KNOW 100% that the information given applies directly to the generation they are living in at that moment. The clues are in 3 of the 4 gospels and book of Revelation regarding the signs of what to look for that will signal the "return" of Jesus / coming of Israel's Messiah (on a rescue mission for the Jewish populations) on earth/Israel at that time (or "hour").

As far as we in the 20th century knew and understand our world's history, nuclear weapons did NOT exist during the time Jesus of Nazareth walked upon earth alive in human form. However, it is believed by scientists who know what a nuclear explosion looks like and Christians who have studied the Bible -- to equate Revelation 6:14 to be an exact description of what or how a nuclear explosion appears to look like. The description in this verse *may* be pinnacle to comprehending what signals (significant events) we should be on the lookout for that surround the "return" of Israel's Messiah in Revelation 19.
    Scientists know no such thing, they say no such thing, and you are abusing science.
    stick to faith.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Scientists know no such thing, they say no such thing, and you are abusing science.
      stick to faith.
      Sorry, but research experts on military bases who specialize in bomb explosions are "scientists" and physicists in their own right. My dad worked in that type of a gov't facility where they tested equipment and had areas forbidden to enter because of such explosives testing being operational. This is NOT about faith, but common physics -- and I should add a person's own *safety* and physical, survival aspects.

If you have never seen a documentary of actual video footage of a nuclear explosive blowing up and then having the atmosphere collapsing back upon itself, then you won't understand what I just described. Biblical imagery or not (sky folding back upon itself). I think the visuals was also seen in the first "Terminator" movie when Sarah experienced a future vision of being caught up in the whirlwind of a nuclear attack destroying the entire playground. The trees folded down in one direction from the initial blast, and then went backwards into the opposite direction when the shockwave fell backward upon itself.

Explain the physics science behind that with to someone who never saw such a thing, and that image is what you might end up with. Has nothing to do with a person's "spiritual" faith. It has everything to do with physics and gravity.

Comment

Your answer is based on an interpretation of faith, not science.
        I could explain the origins of the universe as a collision of fire and ice under my religious beliefs and how it would look like a matter/antimatter explosion (cause, science paintjob), and I could go on about it as well, but that does not mean it happened that way.
        You are looking to fit a question to your answer, and that's almost the opposite of how science should work, it's the question that is relevant, not the answer.
        sigpic

Comment

Then see aretood2's-----post #515, as noted below...
          "This generation"

Again, the question in aretood2's-----post #515
          "This generation"

.....Well, please note the following response.....

Hal Lindsay (and a few other prophecy experts) believes "this generation" is the one generation which will be alive when both of the following items and events occur----
          1 --when Israel is back in its original homeland as a nation, AND
          2 --when all of the signs given for the prophecy happen within the same general ("generation" alive at that time) timeframe and converge all together in unison, like "birth pains". That is the clue and what to look for. The "who" is involved are described in the book of Revelation 7-19.
          The problem with this answer is simple. This is based on events that you claim weren't true in the first century, such as the coming of the anti-Christ. However, the fact is that according to Apostle John "and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world." 1 John 4:3. The Antichrist was already there. So since the 1st century, the prophecies were already in motion. A mistake is assuming that revelations is written in a linear fashion. Who says that those visions came in chronological order?

If you want to know exactly WHICH generation the verse applies to, then seek out God for the answer. People living thruout history won't have any final answer, unless they are living thru that actual time period and WILL KNOW 100% that the information given applies directly to the generation they are living in at that moment. The clues are in 3 of the 4 gospels and book of Revelation regarding the signs of what to look for that will signal the "return" of Jesus / coming of Israel's Messiah (on a rescue mission for the Jewish populations) on earth/Israel at that time (or "hour").
          This other verse from Apostle John gives us a much clearer picture.
          "Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour." 1 John 2:18

He was saying that the end is at hand. Jesus was speaking to his Apostles, he did not give any reason to believe that the generation wasn't the same one that existed. However, this doesn't mean that the prophecies failed as he didn't return then. That's why it is not so simple to assume that the prophecies are delivered chronologically and that they are all intended for post biblical times.

As far as we in the 20th century knew and understand our world's history, nuclear weapons did NOT exist during the time Jesus of Nazareth walked upon earth alive in human form. However, it is believed by scientists who know what a nuclear explosion looks like and Christians who have studied the Bible -- to equate Revelation 6:14 to be an exact description of what or how a nuclear explosion appears to look like. The description in this verse *may* be pinnacle to comprehending what signals (significant events) we should be on the lookout for that surround the "return" of Israel's Messiah in Revelation 19.
          This is fanciful. Most commentators (actual people who study the bible) see it as a social/political thing. For example, the Roman Empire expanded much of the known world, like the sky does. It's removal would be like literally removing the sky itself. It's imagery of the absurd, of the unthinkable. It shows that the events to follow will be absurd and unthinkable. As for nukes, "ball of fire" would be a much more logical and apt description. By this time they knew what fire was. Also volcanic explosions.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Tood, are you suggesting Christianity fell to the cult of Vulcan??
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              The problem with this answer is simple. This is based on events that you claim weren't true in the first century, such as the coming of the anti-Christ. However, the fact is that according to Apostle John "and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world." 1 John 4:3. The Antichrist was already there. So since the 1st century, the prophecies were already in motion. A mistake is assuming that revelations is written in a linear fashion. Who says that those visions came in chronological order?

This other verse from Apostle John gives us a much clearer picture.
              "Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour." 1 John 2:18

He was saying that the end is at hand. Jesus was speaking to his Apostles, he did not give any reason to believe that the generation wasn't the same one that existed. However, this doesn't mean that the prophecies failed as he didn't return then. That's why it is not so simple to assume that the prophecies are delivered chronologically and that they are all intended for post biblical times.

This is fanciful. Most commentators (actual people who study the bible) see it as a social/political thing. For example, the Roman Empire expanded much of the known world, like the sky does. It's removal would be like literally removing the sky itself. It's imagery of the absurd, of the unthinkable. It shows that the events to follow will be absurd and unthinkable. As for nukes, "ball of fire" would be a much more logical and apt description. By this time they knew what fire was. Also volcanic explosions.
              not to mention it says in the Bible that "You will know neither the day nor the hour...." meaning that I'm sure the Lord gets a good hearty laugh out of our feeble mortal attempts to predict His second coming

Comment

Posting this here... as the progress of earth's future appears to totter into chronic jeopardy in the fields of science and mathematics!

I didn't want the below article items to detract from the political and hot/other topics.
                The "Reader's Comments" are *classic* in both of these articles, tho...!!

To access complete article, please click on link in article's title)

"It's Come To This: Louisiana Student Investigated For Math Symbol, Classmates Thought It Looked Like A Gun"
                by Matt Vespa
                Posted: Feb 23, 2018 3:35 PM, Townhall

Yeah, we've reached a new level of insanity. In Louisiana, a student was investigated for drawing a math symbol that fellow classmates thought was a gun. It was the square-root sign. It led to detective searching the student's home on the grounds that terroristic threats were made. This student had to draw the symbol to complete the math problem...
                Seriously???? ((Face palm...shakes head and hides reactions))
                May God --pleeeeeeeeease-- rescue *us*...! (Because our society of human leaders don't know how!!!)
                Humanity will be dooooooooomed if this nonsense spreads...!!!

Oh good Lord!!! Our human populations are producing either a bunch of brainiacs with extremely super-creative and amazing imaginations or they're just plain *crazy* and super paranoid...!

One of the reader comments noted this---
                "The Onion is officially no longer needed. Regular news stories blow their satire away."
                omg... ROTFLMBO..!!! (Generic) *You* can't make this stuff up... (well, some people actually could, but that's another subject).

"High schooler accused of making terrorist threat — for allegedly saying math symbol resembled a gun"
                by Dave Urbanski
                posted to the Blaze, 02/23/2018

A Louisiana high school student was finishing up a math problem and drew the square root symbol, authorities told KATC-TV.

Problem was, another student allegedly said the square root symbol looked like a gun — and several other students made similar comments, Allen Parish Sheriff’s deputies told the station.
                Blaze reader comments--(____) on Feb 23, 2018 5:57 pm said)
                "...Now they will want to outlaw calculators, computers and smart phones with a calculator app..."

I wouldn't doubt that based on some of the wilting pansies of various *mindsets* out there.

In the same Blaze article, someone else wrote in with the following--
                (____) Feb 23, 2018 3:32 pm said:
                "The mathematical square root symbol as a terroristic threat? Something does not add up in this story...."

Comment

Posting this here... as the progress of earth's future appears to totter into chronic jeopardy in the fields of science and mathematics!

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...rican-airlines

2 years ago a flight was halted over terrorist fears, which turned out to be professor solving differential equations.

Comment

I didn't want the below article items to detract from the political and hot/other topics.
                    The "Reader's Comments" are *classic* in both of these articles, tho...!!

Seriously???? ((Face palm...shakes head and hides reactions))
                    May God --pleeeeeeeeease-- rescue *us*...! (Because our society of human leaders don't know how!!!)
                    Humanity will be dooooooooomed if this nonsense spreads...!!!

Oh good Lord!!! Our human populations are producing either a bunch of brainiacs with extremely super-creative and amazing imaginations or they're just plain *crazy* and super paranoid...!

One of the reader comments noted this---
                    "The Onion is officially no longer needed. Regular news stories blow their satire away."
                    omg... ROTFLMBO..!!! (Generic) *You* can't make this stuff up... (well, some people actually could, but that's another subject).

Blaze reader comments--(____) on Feb 23, 2018 5:57 pm said)
                    "...Now they will want to outlaw calculators, computers and smart phones with a calculator app..."

I wouldn't doubt that based on some of the wilting pansies of various *mindsets* out there.

In the same Blaze article, someone else wrote in with the following--
                    (____) Feb 23, 2018 3:32 pm said:
                    "The mathematical square root symbol as a terroristic threat? Something does not add up in this story...."

He was evidently trying to communicate with his comrades in the notorious Al Gebra movement

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      He was evidently trying to communicate with his comrades in the notorious Al Gebra movement
                      I rumors are that they teach kids "arabic numerals" in elementary schools all over the country
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        I rumors are that they teach kids "arabic numerals" in elementary schools all over the country
                        using weapons of math destruction

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                          using weapons of math destruction
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Has anyone looked at the minus sign recently. Look like a knife to me
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I thought it was more like a spear.

Comment

and lets not forget that they nailed Christ to a giant plus sign

Comment

Working...
                                X