Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    And what if there is something living there that we can't detect?
    The 2 nukes would be detonated above each poles to break the upper crust of Mars and the ice under it, in turn creating a planetary global warming. If there was life on the surface we'd probably have detected it by now, and that warming would create more life make the conditions stable.

The idea is worth exploring, the scientists aren't sure if it would work as intended so there's still work to do. Some say it wouldn't work simply because the thin atmosphere wouldn't hold the gas in.

Folks have done plenty of griping about the European conquest of the american continent. Suppose we inadvertently commit genocide?
    If we do not proceed with the colonization of another planet in the next century it is the human race that will be genocided. Our world is a sinking ship, it is a matter of survival. Humans should establish dominance in the solar system and ensure the preservation of the race at all costs, otherwise it's death.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

We put tardigrades on the moon. We can colonize Mars that way perhaps.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        The 2 nukes would be detonated above each poles to break the upper crust of Mars and the ice under it, in turn creating a planetary global warming. If there was life on the surface we'd probably have detected it by now, and that warming would create more life make the conditions stable.

The idea is worth exploring, the scientists aren't sure if it would work as intended so there's still work to do. Some say it wouldn't work simply because the thin atmosphere wouldn't hold the gas in.
        Probably?

And, aren't you always going on about "climate change" threatening the death of human life? And here you want to deliberately change the climate of world that we have not yet explored in person? Suppose there's a developing civilization made up of tiny lizards, too small to detect from Earth that have not been detected by our remote exploration? We humans don't know as much as our arrogance leads us to think we do.

If we do not proceed with the colonization of another planet in the next century it is the human race that will be genocided. Our world is a sinking ship, it is a matter of survival. Humans should establish dominance in the solar system and ensure the preservation of the race at all costs, otherwise it's death.
        Remember that next time we're discussing the White European settlers having established dominance over the more primitive native population of the North American continent.

Oh, I agree with your point; any society either expands or dies. That's exactly what happened to the native population in North America; they were displaced by a more advanced civilization that was expanding.

But I'm surprised to see you advocating that we do the same elsewhere, considering you've spoken against the European conquest of North America.

Comment

Probably?

And, aren't you always going on about "climate change" threatening the death of human life? And here you want to deliberately change the climate of world that we have not yet explored in person? Suppose there's a developing civilization made up of tiny lizards, too small to detect from Earth that have not been detected by our remote exploration? We humans don't know as much as our arrogance leads us to think we do.
          Of course, we make the best decisions with the info at hand. Precautions must be taken for such eventualities.

If such life as you describe currently exists, and thrives on Mars' storm pummeled surface, it should be tough enough to survive a simple global warming. The explosion would be localized at the poles, the coldest spot on a planet where nothing lives a part microbial forms, unless you got feelings for those too?

Remember that next time we're discussing the White European settlers having established dominance over the more primitive native population of the North American continent.
          They did not do this for survival. They did it for power, colonization or religion. Your scenario is also hypothetical because such life doesn't exist. You like giving to speculation, I do not.

Oh, I agree with your point; any society either expands or dies. That's exactly what happened to the native population in North America; they were displaced by a more advanced civilization that was expanding.
          Expanding for power. We must expand for survival. All it takes is one big enough asteroid and humanity is gone in a snap of a Thanos finger.

But I'm surprised to see you advocating that we do the same elsewhere, considering you've spoken against the European conquest of North America.
          Because their cause wasn't a just one. Power, greed, money, reputation, religion, those were their reason. This one is simply survival and evolution.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            We put tardigrades on the moon. We can colonize Mars that way perhaps.

Yes I read about the cute space bears too. I'd just like to point out they will remain there but won't be able to reproduce.
            Spoiler:

Comment

Of course, we make the best decisions with the info at hand. Precautions must be taken for such eventualities.

If such life as you describe currently exists, and thrives on Mars' storm pummeled surface, it should be tough enough to survive a simple global warming. The explosion would be localized at the poles, the coldest spot on a planet where nothing lives a part microbial forms, unless you got feelings for those too?

They did not do this for survival. They did it for power, colonization or religion. Your scenario is also hypothetical because such life doesn't exist. You like giving to speculation, I do not.

Expanding for power. We must expand for survival. All it takes is one big enough asteroid and humanity is gone in a snap of a Thanos finger.

Because their cause wasn't a just one. Power, greed, money, reputation, religion, those were their reason. This one is simply survival and evolution.
              To the civilization that is replaced, it doesn't really matter why, does it?

Comment

To the civilization that is replaced, it doesn't really matter why, does it?
                Matters for whom? What life do you speak of?
                Spoiler:

Comment

Yes I read about the cute space bears too. I'd just like to point out they will remain there but won't be able to reproduce.
                  We don't even know if they survived but if they did... good on them.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Matters for whom? What life do you speak of?
                    As I said, we can't possibly *know* for a certainty that there is no life on Mars.

And the whole point here is that you are perfectly willing to displace whatever life may exist on Mars for to make room for us when we eventually do need to expand. Yet, you've expressed criticism for the White European race doing the exact same thing to the native population of the American continent in their expansion. The reason doesn't matter, the basic fact is you support us doing the exact same thing that the Europeans did.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Comment

Hold my sarcasm.

As I said, we can't possibly *know* for a certainty that there is no life on Mars.
                      The absence of evidence isn't to be considered as evidence, simple enough for you? This is the same flawed logic you use in every post.

And the whole point here is that you are perfectly willing to displace whatever life may exist on Mars for to make room for us when we eventually do need to expand.
                      Unfounded accusations. When did I ever say we should go on a crusade once we establish colonies on Mars? That would be a sight to behold wouldn't it? People chasing wind and grains of sands.

I used the word dominance in respect to our Solar System, as in having a human presence on each possible planet to preserve our race.

Yet, you've expressed criticism for the White European race doing the exact same thing to the native population of the American continent in their expansion. The reason doesn't matter, the basic fact is you support us doing the exact same thing that the Europeans did.
                      I have not. What I've always expressed criticism for is the treatment reserved to the vanquished (castration, poisoning, assimilation, etc.). Their rights should be recognized and respected. Hell I AM one of those oppressed people.

Hypocrisy at its finest.
                      Cognitive dissonance and reflection at its finest.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Unfounded accusations. When did I ever say we should go on a crusade once we establish colonies on Mars? That would be a sight to behold wouldn't it? People chasing wind and grains of sands.

I used the word dominance in respect to our Solar System, as in having a human presence on each possible planet to preserve our race.

I have not. What I've always expressed criticism for is the treatment reserved to the vanquished (castration, poisoning, assimilation, etc.). Their rights should be recognized and respected. Hell I AM one of those oppressed people
                        And suppose there is life we don't know about there. What if terraforming as you seem to want to do makes life impossible for that species, killing it off?

We humans don't know as much as we think we do.

Comment

And suppose there is life we don't know about there. What if terraforming as you seem to want to do makes life impossible for that species, killing it off?

We humans don't know as much as we think we do.
                          We'll give em a Canadian passport and healthcare and send them on their way. The least we can do for the invisible birds of Mars.

How can I take you seriously if you're not even willing to accommodate the less fortunate of your own nation?
                          Spoiler:

Comment

...The science behind nuking Mars is sound.

We should use every means at our disposal to terraform it before sending in colonies. #nukemars

And what if there is something living there that we can't detect?

Folks have done plenty of griping about the European conquest of the american continent. Suppose we inadvertently commit genocide?

Probably?

Etc...
                            If I am reading this correctly, Annoyed is stating that it is totally acceptable to NUKE Mars, without having any idea first if there truly *is* life already on that planet. This should apply to every planet humans might want to go live on or set up some sort of living / work (employment?) situation. There should be some sort of protocols already established and set up in place *before* we humans go off messing with other planetary bodies beyond this little earth.

I agree with terra-forming, but do it on a gradual, natural growth method. Set up hydroponic gardens and expand gradually. It's folly thinking to go forth with an instant --"hey, NUKE this distant planet from earth, cause it just might work" method. Then, maybe in 20 or so years, humans can visit and set up living quarters that may be closer to what we're used to on earth... and do so just because it sounds good in *theory* and possible computer scenarios.

What *seems* to work theoretically on paper or in a virtual reality environment, doesn't always work in REAL reality.

Actually, I think nuking a rocky planet that looks dead, just might STAY rocky and "dead" even after NUKING it. With Mars' already thin atmosphere, how many times do solar winds and gamma rays bombard Mars? Probably more times than us interested folks have never been told. And what were the obvious results? Our Rovers from earth have found NO life, and imaginary water levels creating (dry ice?) non-drinkable water, so far, based on humidity / dewpoint (I'm guessing about this based on what I've read over these many years of following those rovers and their scientific experiment discoveries).

We already DO know that Mars gets slammed with annual wind storms that last several days and wrap all around the entire planet. So what changes have occurred after those high wind storms circle Mars? More dust dumped into new places. No new signs of life. Even our robotic NASA rovers have had troubles starting up again after those nasty storms reach and cover over the activation sensors on the rovers.

Well, if people would heed what's been stated from the Bible, the humans on this planet will be at war soon enough with each other, enough to annihilate that extermination termination into a reality. There is NO hope without God rescuing us...which according to the Bible (Revelation 19), won't happen until the very last possible moments (seconds?). At least with that thought in mind, there is a sliver of hope... complete genocide will NOT happen, if this event holds true.

Mankind doesn't *have* enough time to set up permanent livable living conditions on any other planetary body, in order to escape his demise, especially if certain *personas* gain control of all life on this planet.

Just keep this *possibility* in mind, when the world starts to spiral onto a downward spiral into oblivion. There are some folks who believe President Trump has gained us earthlings some time by stalling this dreadful future from happening sooner, than later. What happens after he's out of office and power control? For the USA, who knows... it was nice meeting you all when we had the opportunity to chat.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                              Etc...
                              If I am reading this correctly, Annoyed is stating that it is totally acceptable to NUKE Mars, without having any idea first if there truly *is* life already on that planet. This should apply to every planet humans might want to go live on or set up some sort of living / work (employment?) situation. There should be some sort of protocols already established and set up in place *before* we humans go off messing with other planetary bodies beyond this little earth.
                              You've got it backwards.

Chaka-Z0 wants to throw nukes around. I'm against the idea.

I don't know about those Canadian lizards. Seem pretty violent to me.

Comment

C'mon guys it's just two tiny nukes, imagine the fun we could have!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X