Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(apologies for the length -- but...)

*KNOWLEDGE WILL INCREASE*---are (hu)mankind's technological advances hurting us???!

I think this will probably be a very important post for possible discussion, because it involves our (current) medical health! Any news about the (biblically described) Antichrist and one-world gov't system will have to wait.
    *ahem*
    This post is *more* important (at least to me), at the moment, and may be to many others, as well (*treehuggers* and *Progressives* for progress included =).
    For many years, there's been speculation that some countries would love to throw all humans back into the dark ages, where electronic gadgets and other improvements in general living didn't exist (general living conditions before the 1800's).
    The question is who is right? Would life be better living without the rigors of today's technological conveniences and modern marvels or do we keep searching to overcome the currently discovered (*serious*) side-effects?

I came across several interesting articles on modern inventions (gadgets) and technology that have basically pointed out that there are a few serious side effects to advances in science or what some consider easier, comfortable living. A few of these might be helpful to readers who have actually experienced some of these issues (except for the NASA example *grin*).

Among those serious medical issues are
    --- crib bumpers being banned
    .........(i.e., ALL padded AND breathable thin types)=Life threatening issue
    --- "smart phones causing text neck"
    --- progressive lens causing neck strain

Several "end times" Bible prophecy experts have continuously stated that in the last days, KNOWLEDGE WILL INCREASE. Daniel 12:4 states this occurrence in verbatim---

Daniel 12:4 states---
    (NIV = New International Version)
    "But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end.
    Many will go here and there to increase knowledge."

(NASB = New American Standard Bible)
    "But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time;
    many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase."

(NKJV = New King James Version)
    "But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end;
    many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase."

(NLT = New Living Translation)
    "But you, Daniel, keep this prophecy a secret; seal up the book until the time of the end,
    when many will rush here and there, and knowledge will increase."

Well, ever since at least the 1900's, knowledge has been increasing exponentially and at a faster and faster rate every year that passes by. So, basically, the above verse is being fulfilled before our very own eyes.

Anyway, the point is the items mentioned in the various news articles mentioned below.

---Baby Crib bumper issue---
    In today's news on msnbc, the decision has been made to ban ALL forms of bumper crib protectors. Why? to prevent the babies in the cribs from suffocating themselves into the pads. Yet, a counter argument against this was that bumper pads were invented to prevent the babies from getting their legs and arms (and occasionally their own head!) stuck between the open sides of the crib. One person commenting after the article suggested to making solid sides, but that would be no better than having the bumper pads that are now being ordered removed. Other readers suggested using breathable bumper material netting to block the little limbs from getting stuck between the crib's bars. But the netting would have to be attached to ALL inside sides of the crib, not the outside, otherwise, the same legs, arms, head getting caught in the sides could still occur.

I mean, good golly, someone comes up with a nice, helpful idea to prevent babies from getting stuck into the side walls of their crib, and it causes problems or death! do without the neat little padding, and the babies get stuck and start screaming because they're stuck! Catch-22.
    --See article at-- (link is included article title)
    "No more crib bumpers, says American Academy of Pediatrics"
    By Kavita Varma-White (dated 2011/October/18, msnbc)

---"smart phones causing text neck"---

We've heard of carpal tunnel syndrome, where people on computers are sometimes recommended to wear a wrist brace, because of wrist fatigue on keyboards and using electronic mice (to move the line cursor more easily across the screen). I've also heard phones with tiny keyboard pads that require thumbs to go texting at wild paces, has caused severe cramping or arthritis feelings in the thumbs!!
    Well, now there is a new dilemma! Severe neck strain nicknamed TEXT NECK being caused by overuse of smart phones, and other computer technologies.
    Some people are complaining of severe neck strain, and their chiropractors claim it's from using the smart phones too much, and texting (addicted texters & twitter users beware!).
    It never ends.

--See articles at-- (link is included article title)
    "Using smart phones, tablet computers can lead to 'text neck,' claim doctors"
    by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer, naturalnews.com
    Saturday, October 15, 2011

---and at--- (link is included article title)
    "Mobile phone users suffering from 'text neck'"
    By Nick Collins, Science Correspondent (The Telegraph)
    10:00PM BST, 06 Oct 2011

---progressive lens--causing neck strain!--- (owww!)
    This one is personal. I got talked into spending the extra $90.00 to get what is called
    PROGRESSIVE Lens (click on link here for further details) for bifocal (and trifocal) eyeglasses. Okay, I was informed it was supposed to help against moving the eyes from long distance into the bifocal lens box in old-fashioned eye-glasses. What the (bifocal) PROGRESSIVE Lens do, is eliminate all external appearances of a lens line, so they look like normal glasses.

However, the wearer had to train their vision to FIND the point where the focus point is in the glasses they are peering out of. Some people have no trouble wearing these sorts of glasses. But me, ut-unh.. next time, it's regular distance glasses, just like my old ones.

For one thing, the (bifocal) PROGRESSIVE Lens wearer has to re-focus every time they move from point A to point B in whatever they are looking at from far away, side to side, and close-up. That motion of continuous re-focusing is what causes headaches (at least, for me, it has).

This is especially extremely bad for driving any type of vehicle (car, truck, or bicycle).
    Because the point of focus is so narrow and sits within an extremely limited space, in order to view any specific point, it's like moving your vision on a pin-point needle! Any time you shift your focus to point B or C or whatever, your vision is blurred until it *FINDS* that pin-point focus spot in the PROGRESSIVE Lens.

Personally, I find it a complete waste of money, and want my old glasses back! As it turned out, in addition to using my new-fangled far/near distance bifocals, I had to order a 2nd pair of reading glasses (which I got talked into getting a "progressive variety" (not really thrilled about that either), because I couldn't focus on my computer screen to find where the mouse cursor showed up in a search/find screen. And I use that computer feature a lot! Massive headaches.. I had to get an ice-pack just to stop the throbbing pain resulting. Bummer...

---Vision problems developing in space astronuats!---

New fangled problem for our amazing *KNOWLEDGE WILL INCREASE* discoveries. Humans finally get to space, and actually get to live out there (for a few days or months), and rather rapidly, their vision goes bad.. Not good news for future space missions! *sigh*

(NOTE---Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access article/link for complete details)
    http : // www .washingtonpost. com/national/health-science/nasa-studies-why-some-astronauts-suffer-vision-problems-during-spaceflights/2011/09/20/gIQAn9E1zK_story.html
    "NASA studies why some astronauts suffer vision problems during spaceflights"
    Published: September 26
    (© 1996-2011 The Washington Post)

The above NASA study article details goes into trying to identify where the damage originates, but it sounds like solar or some sort of space radiation may be causing the problems, which is apparently permanent, once it sets in.
    ---reinforcement note--- (NLT = New Living Translation)
    "But you, Daniel, keep this prophecy a secret; seal up the book until the time of the end,
    when many will rush here and there, and knowledge will increase
    ."
    hmmm............. *interesting*
    Last edited by SGalisa; 18 October 2011, 05:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Nice Info SG I appreciate all the time you take getting all this info for us to look at....that can't be easy or quick to do.

As for the angels... I quite like Raphael One of my favorite stories of Raphael is from one of the books from the apocrypha....the book of Tobit.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...+5&version=GNT

What I love about this story is it has it all...adventure, love, sex, marriage, disease, demonic possession, exorcism, miraculous healing, and at the very end of the story there is a prophecy and a warning....which low and behold was fulfilled. I do not know why this book was left out of the Cannon Bible but it is a wonderful read and I could really see someone making this into a movie someday *snort* Who says the Bible is boring?
      Originally posted by jelgate
      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
        Nice Info SG I appreciate all the time you take getting all this info for us to look at....that can't be easy or quick to do.

As for the angels... I quite like Raphael One of my favorite stories of Raphael is from one of the books from the apocrypha....the book of Tobit.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...+5&version=GNT

What I love about this story is it has it all...adventure, love, sex, marriage, disease, demonic possession, exorcism, miraculous healing, and at the very end of the story there is a prophecy and a warning....which low and behold was fulfilled. I do not know why this book was left out of the Cannon Bible but it is a wonderful read and I could really see someone making this into a movie someday *snort* Who says the Bible is boring?
        you'll have to talk to Martin Luther about that...he was the one that tore out the Deuterocanonical books....

Comment

I don't think I've ever read that. I used to browse thru most of the Bible (quick looksee), but I used to actually *read* the 4 gospels and peek at Revelation. That was mostly it. Well, aside from dusting off the cover and keeping the pressed flowers from falling out of our (Catholic) family bible.

The pictures in our Catholic Bible were more on the depressing side (dark and dreary looking), just like many agonizing-looking paintings in most Catholic Churches. Exception, our Catholic Church had absolutely gorgeous stained glass windows -- in brilliant hues.

Otherwise, biblically speaking, I never felt comfortable looking at anything picture-wise, until I got my first NIV (gorgeous, brilliant watercolor illustrations). And eventually I ended up with a Precious Moments Bible (NKJV). Long story, short---my coworker was dying of cancer and I bought one for her, too. She loved it (she had a huge *Precious Moments* Collection). But sadly, she died before she could invest any significant amount of time in it. She couldn't even hold the book, because she was half paralyzed from a sudden stroke. Especially after her stroke, she took a strong identification with the raggity, patchwork clothes of the various Bible characters, including the angels. It was a very sad, but special time with her during her last, few months (all spent in the hospital..!).

thank you. I'm sure you can guess how deeply involved this can get. But actually, with the exception of a few subject items, I think it takes longer to format the words on a page, than to find out what's going on (all around the *entire* world). ...

I know there was an article a few weeks ago (along with many others over these past several months) about technology outpacing itself or outgrowing itself, because new technologies (or improvements of current products) were making the existing current ones obsolete.
          Thus, (it is) being another reinforcement of Daniel 12:4
          (NLT = New Living Translation)
          when many will rush here and there, and knowledge will increase."

By the time some people actually buy a techie product, it's been noted that our own technologies have outpaced themselves into oblivion, by the time the next product item reaches the market for consumers.
          That is known as knowledge growth at a tremendous speed in comparison to how things used to move (slower) during the 1900's.

But I can't find the article..! Maybe it got archived, or something? *sigh*

Comment

Economic finances -- "Occupytogether" movements & other misc.

Sooner or later, the economic status of the world will have to be addressed, because it is part of "end times" prophecy. Such prophecy states that the (world's) economy will collapse so bad, that somewhere a day's wages will only pay for one loaf of bread. In some parts of the world, this is already true. Crops fail and prices soar from the lack of enough quantity and quality of the crops. But how many of the world's population actually understand what doesn't grow, or grow well, causes soaring prices in the first place?

Last year, Australia's lush cotton growing zones were covered under huge floods. Same with China. Massive flooding in many of their cotton crop industries literally went under water. Massive famines in the cotton industry, in turn caused cotton prices to go sky-high earlier this year (2011). In the eastern USA, massive flooding occurred in many east coast states causing crop failures, which limited the supplies to the consumer markets. The price of peanuts have, or are expected to go up 40% of their current costs.

Supply and Demand. When the supplies are not there, but the demand is still great (hasn't changed from when things used to be cheap and more easily available to customers), the manufacturing industry compensates by raising the price of goods according to what they themselves can survive on pay-wise. Life has always been this way.. *sigh* So, what part in the education system has failed to enable folks, who basically want *quality* stuff for cheap bargain prices or free, to NOT understand any of this??

The occupywallstreet (NYC,NY) protesting movement spread around the USA and only recently expanded into other parts of the world internationally. The original inspiration was claimed to have sprung from the Arab Spring riots in various parts of the Middle East and Africa.
            Most of the *occupy* complaints are directed against corporations who's top execs get million dollar bonuses per year, while their peon working and middle classes get squat or no pay raises.

Last week, around October 19, 2011, Former Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev spoke at Lafayette College in Pennsylvania, USA. He basically stated that he believes the mass protests occurring around the globe, and the various "occupy..." - movements are going to be key instruments in moving the entire world into a (new) one-world governmental system.

I think this is where the original article appeared, but has a noteworthy quote--
            (please note--Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access article/link for complete details)

http : // www .lehighvalleylive. com/easton/index.ssf/2011/10/mikail_gorbachev_speaks_at_laf.html
            "Mikhail Gorbachev speaks at Lafayette College in Easton"
            by Colin McEvoy, The Express-Times
            Published: Thursday, October 20, 2011, 4:54 AM
            Updated: Friday, October 21, 2011, 10:28 AM
            (© 2011 PennLive LLC. All Rights Reserved.)

"Mikhail Gorbachev, speaking before a crowd of 3,600 at Lafayette College tonight, spoke of the need for a 'new world order'...

"'The protests that we are now witnessing everywhere actually are a sign that, in a very difficult situation under different circumstances, the new world order movement is emerging," he said."

He also noted that one of the hindrances to creating such a governmental system now resides in the following difficulties
            (Note: Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access article/link for complete details)

http : // www .sovereignindependent. com/?p=28629
            "Gorbachev Calls For American Perestroika"
            by Paul Joseph Watson
            Prison Planet.com
            Friday, October 21, 2011

"...but we are still facing the problem of building such a world order...problems of the environment, of backwardness and poverty, food shortages...all because we do not have a system of global governance," he said.
            The literal translation of "perestroika" means "restructuring," but Gorbachev's past comments overwhelmingly illustrate the fact that the former Communist icon is calling for America to experience a Soviet-style collapse before it can be re-absorbed as a vassal state that is subordinate to a UN-run global government.
            I agree that the now global, "occupy-together" movements are moving the world into that general ONE-WORLD direction. It's been moving that way all along, but not as quickly as when the people on this planet earth have achieved in less than one-month's time, starting with NYC, NY (USA), and the media just ran with it (over 16,000 or more news articles to date as of last week). Just this weekend I found an article where some schools are making social projects for their students to discover (also dramatically act out) what the occupy movements are all about.

Gee, I remember our schools doing that when environmental pollution first became huge news back in the 1960's/1970's. We had to make posters, which are now a regular occurrence in most schools for who has the most creative poster ideas (and a reward is given to the winning poster selections).

Anyway, the point is that until a new governmental system is decided upon and established, folks speaking up for these occupy-whoever/whatever are in for the long stay.

So, if the "occupy" protesters are complaining about corporations making technology and the top 1% millionaires and billionaires hoarding all the money, why on earth are these folks wearing designer clothing and protesting with i-pads, i-phones, cell phones and listening to i-pods, when those very items come from the manufacturing industries to begin with? If the protesters were as dirt poor as they claim, then they would NOT have the services behind them to pay for internet and cell phone coverages, let alone wear expensive clothing to these outdoor complaint sessions. They've already ruined their own image / cause, but nobody is paying attention to that, because the core of the complaint is heralded against the evil rich folks living in mansions. Hmmmm... lots of hollywood folks --who have spoken at these protest rallies-- don't seem to be giving up their mansions, or exotic vacations several times a year.

Yes, the rich hollywood elites supporting the occupy groups can afford to depart with another 5% of their salary (or whatever they come up with to depart with), but that still doesn't put them down into the struggling working classes who sometimes don't know if they will be able to meet their living *needs* list into the next week.

Oh, and since the environment is another big issue being addressed in these occupy-protests too, why do the hollywood elites fly in on jets to these places? They should be walking or bicycling in. Same goes for anyone in the gov't(s) who are supporting these complaints, as well.

Whatever happened to GREEN energy-- solar, wind, etc.?
            Must have been something lost in translation of the details.
            Last edited by SGalisa; 23 October 2011, 01:38 PM. Reason: added article / quote

Comment

Been getting sidetracked into other topics and real life *things*, so I haven't been able to post at least 2 items I've been sitting on for several weeks now (roughly ten articles). I'm still sitting on those articles for a while, due to brain fog issues.
              So, in the meantime, here are 2 other items, which have recently been in the news.

EARTHQUAKES --on the increase?

Last year, many people were trying to determine if the amount of earthquakes have actually been on the increase, or just general info dropped out of historical documentation. The answers came back that most of the earthquakes occurring were not unusual and therefore not a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy.

However, since that time, there have been several quakes occurring in some rather unusual places like Virginia and Oklahoma in the USA. Not exactly an every year run-of-the mill earthquake territory for those places to have them. Again, tho quakes are not unusual in those places, having hundreds of little quakes before and after the BIG one hit were determined as NOT normal, and the answer came back that maybe there is another reason why those quakes were occurring in the region and numbers they happened within.

The suspicious answer of "fracking" (a specialized method of drilling for gas) is being blamed for causing the quakes has been discussed on various treehugger, other pro-nature sites, and other anti-oil/gas drilling web sites. Such discussions have taken into account that regional, quake faultlines (may have strongly) have become disturbed from nearby fracking processes, and thus the fracking might be triggering quakes across the geographical lines, and thus causing an actual increase in earthquakes -- counting in the hundreds per each regional area affected.

Spoiler:
              (Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access articles/link for complete details)
              http : // www .naturalnews. com/033677_fracking_earthquakes.html

"Is natural gas 'fracking' responsible for the recent earthquake swarms in strange locations?"
              Sunday, September 25, 2011 by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer
              (naturalnews)

"...Similarly, some have suggested that fracking operations in Pennsylvania may have been at least partially responsible for the recent 5.8 magnitude earthquake that struck near the unusual location of Mineral, Va., on August 23, 2011."

http : // www .usgs. gov/blogs/features/usgs_top_story/oklahoma-struck-by-series-of-quakes/

"Oklahoma Struck by Series of Quakes
              ---Number of earthquakes increasing in area
              "

(Posted on November 9, 2011 at 7:02 pm by Tania Larson)
              a magnitude-5.6 quake "struck 21 miles north northeast of Shawnee and 44 miles east northeast of Oklahoma City on Saturday, November 5, (2011,) at 10:53 p.m."

BTW, I was in NJ at the time of the Virginia quake, and felt the floor trembling at 1:53 p.m.--everyone's (office) desks were also shaking and quaking in what seemed a good inch. The floor was weird, because it felt like sea waves gently cascading under our feet at the time, but this was solid concrete!
              (Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 01:51:04 PM at epicenter in Mineral, VA)

No one said a word about it for a few minutes. I guess everyone was trying to figure out if they were just imaging the (vibrating) sensation or actually looking up the info on the usgs site to see if anyone reported the quaking yet. Finally, after 20 minutes, a quake was reported as occurring in Virginia! Oh, and the DC area had some noticeable damage in spots..

Even the usgs(dot)gov web site has addressed acknowledging that the number of quakes have increased in Oklahoma, where concern over an expected bicentennial quake in the New Madrid region (where Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas come together) is also being carefully monitored. But so far, fracking for gas is not on the cause list. There is no known cause for the increase in quakes for Oklahoma or Virginia (where 8 nearby states also felt the quaking tremors), except maybe for the Yellowstone caldera region beginning to act up in greater frequencies.

----------------------------------------

"One-World" governing system
              Europe downsizing closer to original Roman Empire?

Apparently, Europe is using the economic fallout of Greece (and Italy) as a springboard to forming -- a new "federalist" union of Europe.
              While certain people in the USA are attempting to get rid of their FEDERAL gov't, Europe may be on the verge of creating its own FEDERAL Europe. Weird. Wonder what anti-FED USA folks have to say about that? I just find it ironic that there seems to be an increasing amount of USA people becoming anti-FED, and yet Europe is considering FEDERALizing their region.

If the world becomes a united one-world everything, I guess the anti-FED USA folks will have a really difficult time adjusting to their new world.

see (old) Article at
              Spoiler:
              (Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access article/link for complete details)
              http : // www .express. co.uk/posts/view/271279/EU-chief-The-time-has-come-for-a-Federal-Europe

"EU CHIEF: THE TIME HAS COME FOR A FEDERAL EUROPE"
              By Emily Fox
              Wednesday September 14, 2011
              Story Image--EU chief Jose Barroso called for moves towards a Federal States of Europe

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post

Apparently, Europe is using the economic fallout of Greece (and Italy) as a springboard to forming -- a new "federalist" union of Europe.
                While certain people in the USA are attempting to get rid of their FEDERAL gov't, Europe may be on the verge of creating its own FEDERAL Europe. Weird. Wonder what anti-FED USA folks have to say about that? I just find it ironic that there seems to be an increasing amount of USA people becoming anti-FED, and yet Europe is considering FEDERALizing their region.

If the world becomes a united one-world everything, I guess the anti-FED USA folks will have a really difficult time adjusting to their new world.

see (old) Article at
                Spoiler:
                (Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access article/link for complete details)
                http : // www .express. co.uk/posts/view/271279/EU-chief-The-time-has-come-for-a-Federal-Europe

By Emily Fox
                Story Image--EU chief Jose Barroso called for moves towards a Federal States of Europe
                Anything written by the Daily Express is a load of tosh; they're so biased it's not even funny, and most of their crap is either made up, based on things taken out of context, or made to pander to hysterical people.
                My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Been getting sidetracked into other topics and real life *things*, so I haven't been able to post at least 2 items I've been sitting on for several weeks now (roughly ten articles). I'm still sitting on those articles for a while, due to brain fog issues.
                  So, in the meantime, here are 2 other items, which have recently been in the news.

EARTHQUAKES --on the increase?

Last year, many people were trying to determine if the amount of earthquakes have actually been on the increase, or just general info dropped out of historical documentation. The answers came back that most of the earthquakes occurring were not unusual and therefore not a fulfillment of Biblical prophecy.

However, since that time, there have been several quakes occurring in some rather unusual places like Virginia and Oklahoma in the USA. Not exactly an every year run-of-the mill earthquake territory for those places to have them. Again, tho quakes are not unusual in those places, having hundreds of little quakes before and after the BIG one hit were determined as NOT normal, and the answer came back that maybe there is another reason why those quakes were occurring in the region and numbers they happened within.

The suspicious answer of "fracking" (a specialized method of drilling for gas) is being blamed for causing the quakes has been discussed on various treehugger, other pro-nature sites, and other anti-oil/gas drilling web sites. Such discussions have taken into account that regional, quake faultlines (may have strongly) have become disturbed from nearby fracking processes, and thus the fracking might be triggering quakes across the geographical lines, and thus causing an actual increase in earthquakes -- counting in the hundreds per each regional area affected.

Spoiler:
                  (Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access articles/link for complete details)
                  http : // www .naturalnews. com/033677_fracking_earthquakes.html

"Is natural gas 'fracking' responsible for the recent earthquake swarms in strange locations?"
                  Sunday, September 25, 2011 by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer
                  (naturalnews)

"...Similarly, some have suggested that fracking operations in Pennsylvania may have been at least partially responsible for the recent 5.8 magnitude earthquake that struck near the unusual location of Mineral, Va., on August 23, 2011."

http : // www .usgs. gov/blogs/features/usgs_top_story/oklahoma-struck-by-series-of-quakes/

"Oklahoma Struck by Series of Quakes
                  ---Number of earthquakes increasing in area
                  "

(Posted on November 9, 2011 at 7:02 pm by Tania Larson)
                  a magnitude-5.6 quake "struck 21 miles north northeast of Shawnee and 44 miles east northeast of Oklahoma City on Saturday, November 5, (2011,) at 10:53 p.m."

BTW, I was in NJ at the time of the Virginia quake, and felt the floor trembling at 1:53 p.m.--everyone's (office) desks were also shaking and quaking in what seemed a good inch. The floor was weird, because it felt like sea waves gently cascading under our feet at the time, but this was solid concrete!
                  (Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 01:51:04 PM at epicenter in Mineral, VA)

No one said a word about it for a few minutes. I guess everyone was trying to figure out if they were just imaging the (vibrating) sensation or actually looking up the info on the usgs site to see if anyone reported the quaking yet. Finally, after 20 minutes, a quake was reported as occurring in Virginia! Oh, and the DC area had some noticeable damage in spots..

Even the usgs(dot)gov web site has addressed acknowledging that the number of quakes have increased in Oklahoma, where concern over an expected bicentennial quake in the New Madrid region (where Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Arkansas come together) is also being carefully monitored. But so far, fracking for gas is not on the cause list. There is no known cause for the increase in quakes for Oklahoma or Virginia (where 8 nearby states also felt the quaking tremors), except maybe for the Yellowstone caldera region beginning to act up in greater frequencies.

----------------------------------------

see (old) Article at
                  Spoiler:

By Emily Fox
                  not anti-fed....just want it to go back to its constitutionally limited roots and stop poking its nose in things that don't concern it

Comment

regarding --- EU downsizing?
                    Originally posted by Goose View Post
                    Anything written by the Daily Express is a load of tosh; they're so biased it's not even funny, and most of their crap is either made up, based on things taken out of context, or made to pander to hysterical people.
                    It's been said of concerning Biblical things, that when 2 or more people / sources speak of the same item in the same way, that the Holy Spirit is moving and speaking instead.
                    ----------------------
                    (EDIT--when 2 or more Christians speak of the same event or Bible verse, it is often thought to be a signal coming from the Holy Spirit to take notice of something that may be significant to that particular subject or moment. Originally, it wasn't until I found this discussion about the downsizing of the EU to possibly turn it into some appearance of the original (but now revived) Roman Empire, when there were at least 2 Christian discussions happening. So, even tho I'm not necessarily in agreement with the *theory* about the current EU must return its regional borders back to the original Roman Empire -- I thought this was worth monitoring, even if it turns out to be a dud end.)
                    ----------------------

Anyway, here is another source (considered mainstream *reliable*! Thomson Reuters) --REUTERS
                    (and there are several others, too).

Spoiler:
                    (link in article title for complete details seems a bit defective at the moment. might have to manually access the other way---Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access articles/link for complete details--not sure if that will work, tho, because it's one of those add comments type site)
                    http : // www .reuters. com/article/2011/11/09/us-eurozone-future-sarkozy-idUSTRE7A85VV20111109
                    "French and Germans explore idea of smaller euro zone"
                    By Julien Toyer and Annika Breidthardt
                    BRUSSELS, Wed Nov 9, 2011 4:58pm EST

"...
                    French President Nicolas Sarkozy gave some flavor of his thinking during an address to students in the eastern French city of Strasbourg on Tuesday, when he said a two-speed Europe -- the euro zone moving ahead more rapidly than all 27 countries in the EU -- was the only model for the future.

The discussions among senior policymakers in Paris, Berlin and Brussels raised the possibility of one or more countries leaving the euro zone while the remaining core pushes on toward deeper economic integration, including on tax and fiscal policy..."

I know there have been other articles, but I don't have time to look for them.

--------------------------------------------------

regarding ---- ANTI-Fed (USA specifically)

I still haven't figured out which "FED" some people are referring to -- be it ALL Federal agencies, or just one branch (meaning *Federal Reserve,* in this case).

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    not anti-fed....just want it to go back to its constitutionally limited roots and stop poking its nose in things that don't concern it
                    I will not vote for Perry or Ron Paul, not ONLY because they just haven't been able to get their own state border in order, but because they are against the FEDERAL Reserve. Yes, the FedReserve was started in the early 1900's, but it was set up (partly) as an overseer of ALL banking institutions (and provide a common monetary trade unit system). Whether the future monetary system goes private or what -- someone is still going to need to be at the top of everything to oversee the transactions of the underlings. In the 1800's there was no overseer, and the banks went on their merry little ways, causing their own chaos. It won't matter if that includes a new money system or cashless society -- it will still require someone to watch over all of that accounting (at a main database system of some sort). Otherwise, the so-called ONE-world system will NOT work. Not sure if that is the goal of some USA candidates, either.

Problem is, the folks who don't understand how the system works are blaming the FedReserve (as in ALL of it---which would include the bank (general accounting) workers and lowly maintenance office workers keeping the lights on, etc) for causing the triple trillion dollar deficit in the USA, when it was the Commander in Chief (President Obama) who authorized the FedReserve to spit out new cash (and thus lower the USA dollar's value). And President Obama did it, in response to his Administrative Staff advising him to authorize the bailouts, etc. So, in a way, it's not technically Obama's fault, but the fault of bad advice from the pressure that was strongly pushed on him by his own staff, in spite of what the rest of the USA was grumbling about at the time such decisions were made. In turn, the rest of the world became affected by the domino effects, and what exists now world-wide is because of all of that.
                    *sigh*
                    Last edited by SGalisa; 21 November 2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

It's been said of concerning Biblical things, that when 2 or more people / sources speak of the same item in the same way, that the Holy Spirit is moving and speaking instead.
                      What?

Anyway, here is another source (considered mainstream *reliable*! Thomson Reuters) --REUTERS
                      (and there are several others, too).

Spoiler:
                      (link in article title for complete details seems a bit defective at the moment. might have to manually access the other way---Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of web address to access articles/link for complete details--not sure if that will work, tho, because it's one of those add comments type site)

I know there have been other articles, but I don't have time to look for them.
                      I think you're confusing tighter economic co-operation with a federal state...

Comment

If the governing EU folks are attempting to "federalize" everything, I think they need to come up with better wording / phrasing in order for the world to seem happy with (understanding) it. Of course, the decision is going to be made for and by the EU, whether the anti-FED folks in the USA like it or not.

We got lots of Federal agencies in the USA. That's a reason why the occupy folks specifically in the USA want the "FED" dissolved and removed, because they (the FED gov't) control / dictate the rules (laws) and regs for nearly all living aspects in the USA. There are state versions of the Federal version(s), which the states have adopted the regs into their own rules (statutes / laws) and regs.

anywho.. Found some more articles..
                        Other articles reinforcing downsizing of eurozone (EU) region---

Not a fan of philadelphia church (not sure if that is the philadelphians or something else), but this article has a few links to other sources about the downsizing of the EU-zone..
                        one article being from the Financial Times (ft(dot)com), another at bloomberg(dot)com, and another at "SPIEGEL ONLINE 2011" spiegel.de(international).

(Unfortunately, the direct links are getting harder and harder to track / locate, because they tend to get archived or removed at some point, or pop up boxes jump up blocking the article before one is even able to begin reading. Internet articles might not be so free to see any more...)

Spoiler:

http : // www .thetrumpet. com/?q=8817.7576.0.0
                        "Europe—Here Comes the Ten" -- "We are beginning to get a glimpse of the strategy behind German elites downsizing the EU."
                        November 14, 2011, From theTrumpet.com

http : // www .telegraph. co.uk/finance/comment/liamhalligan/8886350/Germany-must-decide-if-it-wants-the-eurozone-to-survive-or-perish.html
                        "Germany must decide if it wants the eurozone to survive or perish"
                        (By Liam Halligan
                        9:30PM GMT 12 Nov 2011)

http : // www .spiegel. de/international/europe/0,1518,797399,00.html
                        Worst-Case Scenarios
                        "Berlin Prepares for Possible Greek Exit from Euro Zone"
                        11/12/2011

Comment

What?

Well, in the simplest of layman's terms, as *I* understand it, mild translation (of when the Holy Spirit is moving and speaking instead) means when 2 or more sources (different people in unrelated places) state the same info (which is similar to 2 separate minds having the same thoughts --- agreement thereof), it basically means to take notice.. there might be something more important (not imagined) involved than meets the eyes or ears.
                          (Usually, those "Holy Spirit" related items are things pertaining to scriptural reference. But it may include understanding things outside of that reference, but include indirect refs to things originally mentioned in the Biblical scriptures.)

I am familiar with the so-called "rags" newspapers (USA versions of the Midnight, Globe, Enquirer). But sometimes, even those print some gems. It just takes a discerning heart and mind to figure out what is a gem and what is pure junk.
                          When it comes to things of the Bible (and specifically in the prophecy levels), sometimes that requires discernment from a higher TPTB source.

On the worldly level, I tend to ignore single refs, from rogue/*rag*-type sources. But when a quality news source (like Reuters, AP, UPI, AFP -- for example) reveals the same info --as the rogue one-- maybe there is more to the story, than it merely being a passing pile of nonsense. So, it at least deserves being monitored, if nothing else.

As I mentioned before, local states in the USA have adopted some of the Federal gov't's version of the rules/laws and regulations. Whether or not the Federal gov't gets removed, and authorization power is given directly from the local states, doesn't mean much of a difference. It's just that one *state* entity is smaller than the larger Federal entity.

I would expect the same sort of system to become true (and apply) with the EU(zone), if it isn't true already. It's going to become one unit anyway, it's just a matter of wording as to how it will be identified to the rest of the world.

Also, even if the entire world agrees to unite under a ONE-World leader, I would still expect the smaller zones to be self-governing to some degree, as long as they comply with whatever the One-World leader states in the bigger governing system.

(And this would apply to all 7 continents {possibly represented by "seven heads" -- major *hill* land masses} being currently divided into ten regional zones, except for 3 regional areas that will reject some of the unification issues --noted as such in the prophecy of "Ten Horns/kingdoms". See Daniel 7:23-25 and Revelation 13:1-3.)

Comment

Hey SGalisa

Ya know the whole "7 heads" type stuff has already been done by some questioning Rome as the "Birthing area" for Christianity yeah? (the seven hills of Rome headed by one leader (the Papacy) )

Just throwing it out there..........
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Downsizing the Eurozone is in no way an indication of the federalisation of the EU; it's mearly a rather sensible way of dealing with the Eurozone crisis by making sure the countries with crap economies aren't allowed to ruin it for the rest of the Eurozone!

And just because two or three or four newspapers say something doesn't make it true...

Comment

one more time, this time with recent edit (for clarification, because I was stuck in a brain fog)

----------------------
                                (EDIT--when 2 or more Christians speak of the same event or Bible verse, it is often thought to be a signal coming from the Holy Spirit to take notice of something that may be significant to that particular subject or moment. Originally, it wasn't until I found this discussion about the downsizing of the EU to possibly turn it into some appearance of the original (but now revived) Roman Empire, when there were at least 2 Christian discussions happening. So, even tho I'm not necessarily in agreement with the *theory* about the current EU must return its regional borders back to the original Roman Empire -- I thought this was worth monitoring, even if it turns out to be a dud end.)

What?
                                as noted above with the edit.

Downsizing the Eurozone is in no way an indication of the federalisation of the EU; it's mearly a rather sensible way of dealing with the Eurozone crisis by making sure the countries with crap economies aren't allowed to ruin it for the rest of the Eurozone!

And just because two or three or four newspapers say something doesn't make it true...
                                @ Goose -- whatever comes of this EU situation, it is worth monitoring just to see where it will lead within the next 50 years or less.
                                However, my inner instincts are whispering that it may take less than a decade for the EU to shape into a finalized region.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Hey SGalisa

Ya know the whole "7 heads" type stuff has already been done by some questioning Rome as the "Birthing area" for Christianity yeah? (the seven hills of Rome headed by one leader (the Papacy) )

Just throwing it out there..........
                                @ Gatefan1976 -- yes, I am aware of that info. I used to follow the original theory of the
                                "7 heads" being exactly the "city of 7 hills" (ROME) -- learned about it in college. Except I don't think the Bible instructor had any clue about what he was emphasizing, regarding the whole "city of 7 hills".
                                After 312 AD/CE, whenever it was that Constantine declared himself as the (religious) papal ruler, the original Roman Empire had its headquarters -- more specifically, in the Vatican area. That translation has been believed for centuries to be the city of 7 heads/hills, and specifically about the Roman Catholic Church (as being the *harlot* described in Revelation, which the "beast" of Revelation 13 rides).

Revelation 17:8-10 (NIV) states the "7 heads" are
                                "The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. 10 They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for only a little while."

Rome sits on 7 hills. 7 kings are noted as ruling in this passage (Revelation 17:8-10). At the time of the writing, 5 already ruled, one (6th) was ruling, and one (7th) was still yet to come.

However, when reading Daniel 7:23-25, the scenery changes slightly and is worded this way--
                                (New King James Version (NKJV))

Daniel 7:23) "...The fourth beast shall be
                                A fourth kingdom on earth,
                                Which shall be different from all other kingdoms,
                                And shall devour the whole earth,
                                Trample it and break it in pieces

24) The ten horns are ten kings
                                Who shall arise from this kingdom.
                                And another shall rise after them;
                                He shall be different from the first ones,
                                And shall subdue three kings.

25) He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
                                Shall persecute[a] the saints of the Most High,
                                And shall intend to change times and law.
                                Then the saints shall be given into his hand
                                For a time and times and half a time."

(that last line means 3 and 1/2 years on the Jewish calendar)

Now, according to these verses in the book of Daniel, the entire earth will be taken over and divided up into separate regions.
                                This is only interesting, because a few years ago, someone on another Christian web site found a beautiful colorized map of the entire earth divided up into exactly TEN separate regions showing the world being divided according to the WTO--World Trade Organization's version. The only area not on the map was Antartica, probably because of it being under UN control and belonging to the whole group of Ten anyway.

here is the info---- (I like this map version the best, because it's easy to see/read)
                                Spoiler:
                                What are the 10 Regions of the World?

http : // www2 .ministries-online. org/biometrics/rome.html

"The Ten Kingdoms - The ten regions originated with the Club of Rome 'think tank', and was established by the United Nations."
                                1. NAFTA (America, Canada and Mexico)
                                2. The E.U. – countries of the European Union, Western Europe as a whole
                                3. Japan
                                4. Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
                                5. Eastern Europe, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Russia and the former countries of the Soviet Union
                                6. Central and South America, Cuba and Caribbean Islands
                                7. The Middle East and North Africa
                                8. The rest of Africa, except South Africa
                                9. South and Southeast Asia, including India
                                10. China (Mongolia is now included with China) The islands of the seas, for the most part, fit in with the closest region.

If the TEN horns of Daniel 7:24 are actually TEN kingdoms, then this map fits in perfectly. It would also be a fulfillment of Daniel 7:23. There are also 7 major continents (another possible symbolic "hill" reference). Also, currently, there are 3 regionalized countries who have rejected the world's desire to downsize on nuclear arsenals for the purpose of destroying other countries (North Korea, Iran, and Venezuela --- which these 3 countries have also made a treaty of sorts to help each other out. Venezuela seemed to recently claim to be the one with the biggest money trail, too).

Of course that entire scenario could change at any moment, it is interesting that it exists exactly in that form right now.
                                I used to think of the 7-heads only as related to Rome, because of its religious "harlot" implications. But once I saw the map of the world being divided by the WTO--World Trade Organization, it sort of shed new light into the whole prophetic picture, because it made Daniel 7:23-25 finally make better sense (IMHO).

Comment

Working...
                                X