Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Greetings everyone! I'm bad with introductory (topic) sentences, so here goes...

Even tho there are already several religious topics in progress, this one is specific to earth's future and the various events in getting there. It is highly specialized with events revealed in international world news, and might digress into several different directions being tracked simultaneously which are about completely different subject matters,
    so it may be necessary to (sometimes) state what subject area is being tracked preferrably at the beginning of one's post.
    ----- If forgotten, no big deal -- I'm confident one of us figure it out, and if not we'll ask for some sort of clearer clarification later.

Anywho...
    This topic is going to be devoted to tracking any and all events that may be leading into earth's various future prophecies. Since I have been following this sort of topic in various places and from numerous sources for over 25 years, I have personally found this study to be fun at times, as well as exasperating -- and especially when considering current world news and events.

So, since it's been criticized that some prophecies of the Bible are actually borrowed from other cultures, now is the opportunity to share specific details of where and what those things come from.

Of course, it's expected that most Christians participating in this topic will probably lean more towards the Biblical references, it's also expected that opposing POV's will also show up to challenge the Bible's accuracy in any future prophetic records.

I must also note that there are a variety of directions this topic can take and discuss.
    I will provide a list of possible discussion items in my next posting. So, there will be some leniency as to how much will be considered as staying on topic.

Guidelines / ground rules to participation---

1. This thread is for serious discussion about Earth prophecies and the possible events occurring in fulfillment of each along the way, that can be cited from a variety of sources.

2. Please do not attempt to deliberately derail this thread by topic bashing, mud slinging, trolling or the like. Please try and keep it civil folks.

3. Everyone is encouraged to participate as long as you can keep it on topic, as noted.

----- end of part 1 of 2 parts.
    Edit-- amend title to something shorter
    Last edited by SGalisa; 11 September 2016, 06:56 PM.

continued -- part 2 of 2 parts.

before beginning.. *spoiler* NOTE---just to set the record straight (and if allowed, even for humor reasons, which I hope the person who inspired it will understand =)---
    Spoiler:
    I found this comment in another religion thread, and had to include it here because it's *probably* going to come up here from someone at some point in time...
    --- bold font emphasis added by me, due to gw's automatic forum styling of quotes...

Originally posted by lordofseas
    *yawn* Next thread. Doomsday here, doomsday there, doomsday everywhere.
    comment--
    This tracking earth's prophecies/current events topic is not entirely devoted to doomsday (so there is plenty of room for *universal* expansion beyond any 2012 specific topics).

Subjects for possible tracking Earth's future prophecies and discussions thereof --
    (and btw, it's not all gloom and doom.. There are plenty of positive events and things to discuss -- the question is whether or not humans will achieve those goals.)

* obvious future prophecies mentioned in the Bible---
    ---- Ezekiel 38 and 39 (war against Israel by alignment of nations),
    ---- book of Joel,
    ---- Daniel 9-12
    ---- Matthew 24-25, Mark 13, Luke 21 (signs of "the end of the age")
    ---- Revelation -- all of it, and any other Bible refs discovered along the way.
    * contrasting prophecies from other sources such as---
    prophecies of Nostradamus, Aztecs/Mayan calendar, Native Americans, whoever and from wherever..
    (please be specific in what the prophecy is---if possible)

* Basically, international news of (Jewish) Israel's survival (Bible prophecy) vs. the world
    ---- Israel's gas discovery as potential sparks in feuding over who will control that region.
    ---- Israel's 3rd Temple (and details thereof) -- to build or not and where...?

* Financial issues -- collapse of monetary systems locally and worldwide
    ---- includes current protesting going on in USA & elsewhere on planet (will affect all finances globally, including our retirements, if there is such a thing as a real, enjoyable *retirement*)

* tracking all humans & pets via computer chipping (example-- via VeriChip Corp)

* natural disasters -- flooding, earthquakes, droughts, megastorms, etc.
    ---- plagues, famines
    ---- health issues (existing progress or lack of progress in medical advances for various diseases & super-viruses)

* solutions suggested or made pro/con against global warming, pollution, & reforestation

* scientific discoveries on both macro (Universe) & micro levels
    ---- includes CERN's discoveries, Hubble's wonders
    ---- technology increasing? or just getting better at understanding?
    ---- I have to say that I do love those *dailygalaxy*, *space* and *spacedaily* web sites/articles

* tracking--- might expand or touch upon some UFO activity in the news (that's been a hubbub theory for one explanation of Jesus {of Nazareth} returning w/his heavenly "army")

* Potential Wormwood -- what will it be its source from?
    ---- I almost posted a reply into the topic "Russia 'plans to stop asteroid' Apophis" about wormwood, but restrained myself from doing so... someone else answered what the potential failure of that mission might end up as, which I kept thinking... "Wormwood?"
    Afterall, one of the prophecy writers stated that Russia's Chernobyl word also translates into "Wormwood" -- which ended up in disaster.

REQUEST NOTICE--- Please, No *endless* discussions on abortion or gay living agenda's. Such items may be mentioned in passing, at times, if some news worthy event is causing a reason for including them.
    However, I understand there already are designated topics for those subjects elsewhere on Gateworld, and it would be greatly appreciated if such discussions of these 2 subjects--if/when pursued in endless detail--would be done at those other designated topics. (Thank you! =)

and thank you!
    I may be editing this (#2) post here to expand or enhance the subject varieties being presented and tracked.

Please try to remember, this topic is about tracking earth's future prophecies with (many, many numerous) current events guiding, influencing, and redirecting us into the great unknown...
    Last edited by SGalisa; 15 October 2011, 12:12 PM. Reason: added info / update

Comment

Rapture ETA---October 21, 2011, according to Harold Camping

yes, before this date shows up, I felt a necessary tugging to post a follow-up to the whole Harold Camping expecting "THE Rapture" (of Christians) to occur on October 21, 2011. That's a Friday.

Most Christians tracking this event (and things Harold Camping said), do not believe the Rapture will occur on this date. It basically falls under "date-setting" which Jesus warned in Matthew 24:42 of the Bible that "you do not know on what day your Lord will come." (NIV)
      If Jesus said it, then logically, then none of us would know the day nor the hour of his coming/return.

Unless something else significant occurs, I think Harold Camping will wake up on October 22, 2011 and realize he is still on earth, and not wisked away from the troubles plaguing our planet at the moment. Sadly, I think the media and everyone in disagreement with his appointed date viewpoint, will end up devouring him--verbally. He's also already 90 years old; so if he hasn't been accused of being senile, he might be during this round of *wishful* thinking.

Comment

I think you've just chosen the most ungrateful task ever invented by humankind
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Here my theory, if you want to see a true and fairly accurate prediction of the Earth watch Star Trek, especially Next Generation, they seem to have gotten more things correct about the Earth future than they have gotten wrong. An they seem to do a damn cite better than most other prophecies and there prediction often come early rather than later or never turn up at all.

Of cause we all know Obama is the first sign of the second coming and he his working on the side of the devil. That Planet x will hit us in the year 2012, along with an alien invasion, world war 3 and all the volcanoes around the pacific ring erupting at once. Look like 2012 is going to be a hell of a year. I am especially looking forward to fighting the Aliens from Planet x or where ever they are from and avenge Moulders sister.
          Last edited by knowles2; 15 October 2011, 03:26 AM.

Comment

This Mr. Camping guy, has made the same thing twice....one was just. few months ago and the other back in like the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              I think you've just chosen the most ungrateful task ever invented by humankind
              *ungrateful task*..?
              do you mean difficult or most challenging?
              (I really dreaded / cringed being the first poster to this topic -- I think introducing it properly --and as neutrally as possible-- is not the easiest thing to do on *any* planet.. but there is SOoooooooo much info out there..)

ISRAEL NEWS---
              I heard that Gilad Shalit is supposed to be released on October 19, 2011..? His release for (the first group of) 450 Palestinian prisoners. Question asked (which was recorded in the israelnationalnews.com) is an obvious concern---
              (link below is broken. Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of link to access article for complete details)

http : // www .israelnationalnews. com/News/News.aspx/148752#.TpmhcbLSgZJ

Hamas: Israel Promised No Revenge, We Promised More Kidnappings
              By Maayana Miskin
              First Publish: 10/14/2011, 10:21 AM

Deputy Prime Minister Moshe (Bogie) Yaalon slammed the decision Thursday, saying, "Our experience has made clear to us the terrorists we are releasing today will murder tens and perhaps hundreds of Israelis tomorrow."
              *sigh* time will tell.

=================
              Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              Here my theory, if you want to see a true and fairly accurate prediction of the Earth watch Star Trek, especially Next Generation, they seem to have gotten more things correct about the Earth future than they have gotten wrong. An they seem to do a damn cite better than most other prophecies and there prediction often come early rather than later or never turn up at all.
              As a lifelong viewer of Star Trek, I have noticed that... but it's more because the folks involved are creating our future, as well as suggesting the path it will take. I really liked ST-TNG because it was more technology sophisticated than the original Star Trek, but when it produced new age stories (according to believers of Maitreya), which were predicted would show up eventually into various Tv and entertainment sources, it started losing my interest. But really I got mad when Riker broke up with Deanna Troy, and stopped watching from the romance POV.

I think Constance Cumby wrote the whole story on Maitreya and the new age movement behind
              it/him/her(whatever =)
              (see book titled "The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow" written by Constance Cumby),
              and how civilizations would turn towards that and basically overthrow Christianity to the proverbial woodwork or wind. Of course, then Islam started showing up a few years ago, and I don't think that was expected in the turn of predicted events, except from an Arab and Jewish Israeli view.

I'm sure there's a whole bunch the Star Trek writers, as well as cast, have contributed greatly to the movements in our societies. There's been a goal to get NASA or some other space agency to start getting more efficient and find a livable planet for humans to colonize on. Earth is getting crowded and suffering from all sorts of social and general living conditions / problems because of the over-population growths, etc.

...and yeah, I know that could bring in the whole abortion topic, but the social and food supply problems exist, and no one seems to be really doing anything about resolving these issues, except complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                yes, before this date shows up, I felt a necessary tugging to post a follow-up to the whole Harold Camping expecting "THE Rapture" (of Christians) to occur on October 21, 2011. That's a Friday.
                It's not just "a" Friday it's this next Friday! Argh! Drat the man - I've already paid for a really expensive holiday for MrsQ's birthday later in the year. Any chance I can get a refund, do you think?

Comment

Now for a serious post. Lol.

I do not think food will be a problem. Large parts of the world are still farmed a cultivated inefficiently, there millions of hectares in Africa alone that if bought into production would provide more than enough food for continent, there very few nations in Africa that would not be self sufficent in food if they were well run, had access to the right technologies and knowled, and do relatively little damage to the enviroment as these are little more than deserts at the moment.

Plus even in the West we can grow a lot more food if wanted, for example a few huge green houses in Britain provides one third of the country with there tomatoes, cucumbers and other vegtables. We built 4 of those and we could self sufficent in vegtabels.

Another area that people tend to ignore is that the richer we get the less babies we have. Large parts of the western world got a pretty stagnant population growth, even decreasing population, Italy, Russia for example.

I suspect with large parts of the world reaching western standard of living by the middle of this centuary world population will stop growing or at least grow at a far slower past.

Even today we grow enough food to feed the whole world population but that food is not equally shared around.

I do not think Islam is as much as a threat people like to make out, in many of the muslim countries, Islamic is treated a moderate religion, Indonesia, the biggest Muslim country in the world is secular and moderate. Turkey why being more assertive in the world is also a largely secular country.

Comment

As a lifelong viewer of Star Trek, I have noticed that... but it's more because the folks involved are creating our future, as well as suggesting the path it will take. I really liked ST-TNG because it was more technology sophisticated than the original Star Trek, but when it produced new age stories (according to believers of Maitreya), which were predicted would show up eventually into various Tv and entertainment sources, it started losing my interest. But really I got mad when Riker broke up with Deanna Troy, and stopped watching from the romance POV.

I think Constance Cumby wrote the whole story on Maitreya and the new age movement behind
                    it/him/her(whatever =)
                    (see book titled "The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow" written by Constance Cumby),
                    and how civilizations would turn towards that and basically overthrow Christianity to the proverbial woodwork or wind. Of course, then Islam started showing up a few years ago, and I don't think that was expected in the turn of predicted events, except from an Arab and Jewish Israeli view.
                    Its been around over 1400 years lol
                    Last edited by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble; 16 October 2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Nice Topic and I just watched a program on Curiosities that talked about "How the World will End" and they mentioned a variety of things...but none of them really brought about a complete global crisis. And funny thing....all of these disasters were centered in North America? SO there will be no major disasters causing cataclysmic events in other parts of the world? Weird! I am really glad you are doing this..because there is so much junk...rumor...false hype out there that is only geared to induce panic or gain some monetary reward by selling self preparedness materials and emergency food/disaster kits. I really think this is unfortunate because then you have people dismissing it ALL entirely and fail to even recognize it could be happening... if and when it really does happen they will not be prepared. Like this Camping deal... I mean so many people view him as crazy and think it's such a joke...as they should at this point...and that only further de-legitimizes the Christian (if you can call it that) Perspective on the matter. So yeah... while I really don't have alot to add to this discussion right now... I am interested in seeing just how this ~might~ be happening and remaining ever vigilant in my watch.
                      Originally posted by jelgate
                      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

it/him/her(whatever =)

sigpic

Comment

Is this thread for realsies? I don't get the joke.
                          sigpic
                          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

The trouble with 'prophecy' is that they're often left just vague enough that others will interpret the facts to fit the prophecy. It's like psychics, oracles and other frauds like that. That's how they operate.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

a few items noted... =)

10-21-2011 Rapture, according to Harold Camping's timetable
                              hmmmm.. lots of binary numbers in that date!
                              Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                              It's not just "a" Friday it's this next Friday! Argh! Drat the man - I've already paid for a really expensive holiday for MrsQ's birthday later in the year. Any chance I can get a refund, do you think?
                              Well, knowing how God has worked in my life, He might delay Rapture to come just as Jesus said-- at a time when we least expect it (paraphrased). Or, you could do what I did during my childhood, and that is to pray for God to wait until after your celebration.

But if world events turn really sour and bad, where would you rather be?

I know my hubby wanted to go visit NYC to see the memorial at the WTC, and walk across the Brooklyn Bridge on his vacation (because he was born in Brooklyn and likes to do that sort of thing). But all of that got interrupted by the entire occupywallstreet fanatics who took over most of that area. So, he stayed home and did home things, instead. *sigh* I felt really sad for him, because he really wanted to go, but not with the potential problems that might and some actually did occur.
                              And maybe next year, I'm supposed to go visit my sister over 2,000 miles away, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to (or want to, due to various events). She believes in the Rapture (at any moment--not by a specific date), so she's looking forward to seeing me either way -- by visiting her & her clan, or by via the Rapture route..

...I think Constance Cumby wrote the whole story on Maitreya and the new age movement behind
                              it/him/her(whatever =) ...
                              okay, hubby corrected me on the when the new age influences started showing up in Star Trek. Some of it creeped in during ST-TNG. Most prominent (spiritual connection quest) was when Wesley joined the Native Indians with whatever it was they were doing (I missed the episode, so I don't know the whole story). Maitreya's prophetical presence was felt moreso in ST-Deep Space Nine, but any resemblance to the prophet may have been altered by using the same *idea* under a different name and planetary culture.

---- AGE OF AQUARIUS (spiritual / *health* aspects) ----
                              btw, because I was born late January, I'm supposed to be an Aquarius. Aquarius folks are often thought of being part of the new age movement (not Christian). However, I'm not into reincarnation or being "one with the universe / nature" even tho I am part of it.
                              (On the other hand, I learned that I share this Aquarian adventure "birth sign/symbol" with Gene Roddenberry's son, Eugene (or "Rod"), because he was born a week after me =)

anywho... Maybe it took me years to realize where or how my Aquarian birth symbol actually connects--- so, I figured out I *am* sort of a waterboy-gal/fish in a pool, because I have found water aerobics to be very healthy on the body's muscles and easy exercising for folks with disintegrating cartilage conditions. When you're nearly weightless in the water (because of physics), you don't feel the stress impacts of exercising as running and jumping on land cause. But that is the basic extent of my being in an Aquarian status.

...I think Constance Cumby wrote the whole story on Maitreya and the new age movement behind
                              it/him/her(whatever =)

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                              Its been around over 400 years lol
                              yes, I hereby stand corrected (sorry about that brain freeze).. Actually, Islam has been around longer than that. I think as far back as the 700's (A.D./C.E.)... yep (I checked the encyclopedia just now). Thereabouts. Phrasing sentences correctly tends to change the meanings of some things greatly. LOL
                              I have a dyslexic brain at times, so ... oops!
                              more info and probably more *oopsies* later...
                              Last edited by SGalisa; 15 October 2011, 02:11 PM. Reason: oopsy! date correction

Comment

Working...
                              X