Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tracking Earth's Future Prophecies with Current Events

Quote Originally Posted by SGalisa View Post
    when is it a fraud? ALL the time, or just when things don't happen at all in the predicted statements?
    Each and every time, it's nonsense. In essence: 'all characters appearing in this work are entirely fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.'
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

First Lieutenant

when is it a fraud? ALL the time, or just when things don't happen at all in the predicted statements?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Each and every time, it's nonsense. In essence: 'all characters appearing in this work are entirely fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.'
    now surely, you *are* joking...?
    Otherwise, when something actually occurs by establishing its place nicely into the timestream of the universe and history, it's a concrete reality----
    ---- it's not an imaginary dream, where no one ever gets *really* hurt..?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrely1 View Post
    I hear ya SG....but I happen to like Glenn Beck *ducks flying objects*
    nah, no flying objects..

I like Glenn Beck, too, but not when he goes off on his *numerous* tirade rants about stocking up on things I (or no one else in my family/relatives) can't afford or have the luxury of space to do so. He just got me so frustrated after weeks and weeks of him ranting about stock-piling, that I literally threw my headphones off at work--several times. It was just so frustrating listening to him (and I know he's gone thru poor years himself in his past) he--who had/has more moolah than me, and he even mentioned how he put up lots of shelving units in his house, garage, and/or basement, to store all of those long-term food items!

(Cheap radio on my end, too. I had to struggle to listen (bad reception location).. the antenna finally broke off, and the ear pieces on the headphones have layers of cushions on them, because the original cushions got too thin. I couldn't afford to buy new ones at the time, and now people are using i-pods, while I still have my ancient CD player (boombox--it t'was a birthday present!) or transistor radio. Now, he's off the radio/Tv, and I can't access him on the internet at work--that's forbidden!! well, welcome to my *real* world.. *sigh*)

...Glenn Beck...
    at least he is rattling the cages and trying to wake up Americans or people to see that gone are the days to just sit back comfortably and watch our retirement plan grow into something lush and beautiful No now we see it dwindle down to almost nothing. Plus he always says to not take what he says as true to go and do your own research and test the facts yourself...not many people who are "trying to scam you" will say such things.

So I take from him what makes the most sense and ignore or throw the rest away
    same here about taking and tossing what he says...

Anyway, yes, he does tell some good, interesting and valuable things.
    (We've got his web site bookmarked =)

I realize he's talking to the rest of the world, because I already KNOW how bad things are going to get.. we just keep hoping -- not in our lifetime, please LORD. But, just as Texas didn't get its prayer answers to rain relief, and had a super horrible summer of fires in nearly every county, the rest of us must bear the burden of struggling thru what paths are set and traveled upon before us.

I often think of the MASTER WEAVER poem to remind me of that. It's a beautiful poem, but difficult to absorb when we have to live thru some very disturbing circumstances that way. (*exhausted*)

But yeah I"m with you that I don't have goo goobs of space in my house either to just devote a section as a make shift fall out shelter But what I like about Glenn's message and something that we can try and get out there and get back to....is Let's NOT lose the knowledge of our grandparent's or great grandparent's generation....gee how many people do you know today...can actually can vegetables? How many people do you know today can actually plan, plant and sustain a garden? I would bet not that many. Gee for that matter how many people today actually know how to cook from scratch that doesn't involve some sort of microwaveable element or prepared meal from a box that all you do is add water? How many people could actually if they had to ....make bread from wheat? This is what we need to reacquaint ourselves with...it's not just stocking up for a few months or a few years...it's getting prepared in our skill sets as well because if we have a major event.....and we lose the internet, energy etc ....we may have to go back to our roots of our pioneers and learn to live off the land and not rely on instant meals or instant information at our fingertips to fill in the gaps in our knowledge.
    well, I do have several recipe books, but I don't know how to pound wheat into bread from scratch, or make tasty marinara tomato sauce. Maybe the local farmers might be able to help out in that area?
    We do have friends who do their own canning... of course they also have a farm and grow their own veggies. =)

Growing one's own garden ------ and cooking from scratch is a lost or fading skill among many. It just boggles my brain how people survived before refrigerators existed (in summer months), and how food supplies could last for months and months without getting moldy or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrely1
    And that could be a noble thing anyway...to learn how to garden or can or cook from scratch.... it certainly wouldn't hurt us to look back and acknowledge where we've come as a society and keep alive what our previous generations used to do in order to live and stay alive.
    My sister and I have brainstormed ideas on ---IF--- we ever won enough mega millions (even a portion of it) to move to a larger/better piece of land and live off of solar/wind energy generators, we would also have our own bug-proofed Greenhouse and grow our own veggies (preferably year round, too) based on how the experts do it at Epcot (Disney). We went on the LAND tour (in Florida) I think the last time I visited her, and got educated on how they grow their own veggies (self-sufficient) and pollinate them too, when nature's other critters aren't around.
    (those pollination techniques would be helpful if the bee populations ever completely vanish.. it might take longer, but.. how will such living be done on other planets -- if people ever get to live in those places??)

It was a fascinating, learning experience. Even if we could grow a tiny portion of veggie crops with vertical farming, it would be fantastic. Vertical farming methods involves maximizing more crops into a limited space, but also sustains the proper temperature and lighting conditions for the plants to grow.
    But I (nor my sister) don't have the proper space, temperature controls and lighting conditions to do that, and it's expensive to get started. *sigh*

Reality is reality. "Prophecy" is hogwash--or at the very best, a lucky guess.
    "Not every movie is for you. Not every TV show is for you. Not every song is for you. Find the things you like, and like them. Go nuts liking them. A thing ISN’T for you? Cool. Go find something you like. That’s it. That’s as complicated as it should be." -- David Blue

You forgot a line Digi

For those who do not watch Red Dwarf:
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
    Its been around over 400 years lol
    I assume that' a typo and you meant "1400" years...

Jean Dixon predicts.. was considered about 98% accurate in her lifetime of predictions.
    ---- the remaining 2% or whatever = fraud.

(snip)
    True prophecy is NOT a fraud when it comes true. Then it becomes part of history.
    It may be use of language but I think "fraud" is unnecessarily harsh. A prophecy is a prophecy whether it's right or wrong. "Fraud" would be a deliberate falsehood for some purpose to deceive or gain advantage. It seems awfully mean to suggest that someone who has a staggeringly high percentage of accuracy would be deliberately deceitful for their other statements. Rather that, like most other people on the planet, they made a few mistakes.

There is no joke. I wish some of it was more into the humor stream, but world events are just not permitting such pleasantry.
    Consider it a diary of sorts, especially if some of the stuff actually occurs that is *IN* the Bible...
    Besides, there is nothing wrong with following or tracking various world news events that may or may not be fulfilling the hundreds of prophecies in existence.
    Postdiction

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    You forgot a line Digi

For those who do not watch Red Dwarf:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suRzway95yI
    Gives me an excuse to repost this.

First Lieutenant

The trouble with 'prophecy' is that they're often left just vague enough that others will interpret the facts to fit the prophecy. It's like psychics, oracles and other frauds like that. That's how they operate.

btw, I went back and edited a clarification into my post about Jean Dixon, et.al...
    Jean Dixon predicts.. was considered about 98% accurate in her lifetime of predictions.
    ---- the remaining 2% or whatever = fraud.

True prophecy is NOT a fraud when it comes true. Then it becomes part of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizziard View Post
    It may be use of language but I think "fraud" is unnecessarily harsh. A prophecy is a prophecy whether it's right or wrong. "Fraud" would be a deliberate falsehood for some purpose to deceive or gain advantage. It seems awfully mean to suggest that someone who has a staggeringly high percentage of accuracy would be deliberately deceitful for their other statements. Rather that, like most other people on the planet, they made a few mistakes.
    Thought I'd put the quoted postings in the proper context.
    I was under the impression that DigiFluid was implying prophecy (not yet fulfilled), along with failed predictions was being considered "fraud" (deception of info, whether or not it failed to come true). So, I naturally followed the same wording, according to what was being challenged against my own understanding of the word.

I personally do not consider Bible prophecy, nor the Native American prophecies as fraud.
    But I do see how comparing them with Jean Dixon can get lumped into the same category.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Pena View Post
    This Mr. Camping guy, has made the same thing twice....one was just. few months ago and the other back in like the 90s.
    I think his last Rapture date, which he claims was phase one or half completed occurred on May 21, 2011.
    Either way, he's going to be probably treated as nut-case if his time-line version doesn't happen at the appointed date he mentioned.

ONE-WORLD RELIGION being formed----
    btw, I just found an article noting that

"Saudis underwrite organization to bring world's religions under one roof"
    posted by Rob Kerby, Senior Editor, 7:43pm Friday October 14, 2011

http : // blog .beliefnet. com/news/2011/10/saudis-underwrite-organization-to-bring-worlds-religions-under-one-roof.php

(Please remove B L A N K spaces in beginning of above web address to access article/link for complete details)

Captain Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble's Avatar

a few items noted... =)

10-21-2011 Rapture, according to Harold Camping's timetable
    hmmmm.. lots of binary numbers in that date!

Well, knowing how God has worked in my life, He might delay Rapture to come just as Jesus said-- at a time when we least expect it (paraphrased). Or, you could do what I did during my childhood, and that is to pray for God to wait until after your celebration.

But if world events turn really sour and bad, where would you rather be?

I know my hubby wanted to go visit NYC to see the memorial at the WTC, and walk across the Brooklyn Bridge on his vacation (because he was born in Brooklyn and likes to do that sort of thing). But all of that got interrupted by the entire occupywallstreet fanatics who took over most of that area. So, he stayed home and did home things, instead. *sigh* I felt really sad for him, because he really wanted to go, but not with the potential problems that might and some actually did occur.
    And maybe next year, I'm supposed to go visit my sister over 2,000 miles away, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to (or want to, due to various events). She believes in the Rapture (at any moment--not by a specific date), so she's looking forward to seeing me either way -- by visiting her & her clan, or by via the Rapture route..

okay, hubby corrected me on the when the new age influences started showing up in Star Trek. Some of it creeped in during ST-TNG. Most prominent (spiritual connection quest) was when Wesley joined the Native Indians with whatever it was they were doing (I missed the episode, so I don't know the whole story). Maitreya's prophetical presence was felt moreso in ST-Deep Space Nine, but any resemblance to the prophet may have been altered by using the same *idea* under a different name and planetary culture.

---- AGE OF AQUARIUS (spiritual / *health* aspects) ----
    btw, because I was born late January, I'm supposed to be an Aquarius. Aquarius folks are often thought of being part of the new age movement (not Christian). However, I'm not into reincarnation or being "one with the universe / nature" even tho I am part of it.
    (On the other hand, I learned that I share this Aquarian adventure "birth sign/symbol" with Gene Roddenberry's son, Eugene (or "Rod"), because he was born a week after me =)

anywho... Maybe it took me years to realize where or how my Aquarian birth symbol actually connects--- so, I figured out I *am* sort of a waterboy-gal/fish in a pool, because I have found water aerobics to be very healthy on the body's muscles and easy exercising for folks with disintegrating cartilage conditions. When you're nearly weightless in the water (because of physics), you don't feel the stress impacts of exercising as running and jumping on land cause. But that is the basic extent of my being in an Aquarian status.

yes, I hereby stand corrected (sorry about that brain freeze).. Actually, Islam has been around longer than that. I think as far back as the 700's (A.D./C.E.)... yep (I checked the encyclopedia just now). Thereabouts. Phrasing sentences correctly tends to change the meanings of some things greatly. LOL
    I have a dyslexic brain at times, so ... oops!
    more info and probably more *oopsies* later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Quizziard View Post
    I assume that' a typo and you meant "1400" years...
    You would be right but I fixed it now. I must have thought it 1011 lol.

Rapture ETA---October 21, 2011, according to Harold Camping

yes, before this date shows up, I felt a necessary tugging to post a follow-up to the whole Harold Camping expecting "THE Rapture" (of Christians) to occur on October 21, 2011. That's a Friday.

Most Christians tracking this event (and things Harold Camping said), do not believe the Rapture will occur on this date. It basically falls under "date-setting" which Jesus warned in Matthew 24:42 of the Bible that "you do not know on what day your Lord will come." (NIV)
    If Jesus said it, then logically, then none of us would know the day nor the hour of his coming/return.

Unless something else significant occurs, I think Harold Camping will wake up on October 22, 2011 and realize he is still on earth, and not wisked away from the troubles plaguing our planet at the moment. Sadly, I think the media and everyone in disagreement with his appointed date viewpoint, will end up devouring him--verbally. He's also already 90 years old; so if he hasn't been accused of being senile, he might be during this round of *wishful* thinking.
    I'd say this guy has cried wolf one too many times to be taken seriously

The trouble with 'prophecy' is that they're often left just vague enough that others will interpret the facts to fit the prophecy. It's like psychics, oracles and other frauds like that. That's how they operate.
    yeah I don't put stock in the ravings of psychos psychics either......
    Last edited by mad_gater; October 16th, 2011 at 06:24 PM.

First Lieutenant

about Harold Camping ----
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_gater View Post
    I'd say this guy has cried wolf one too many times to be taken seriously
    yep. You said it. Sad, tho. Does that fall under "senility" considering his age, or just plain old stubborness..?

I used to listen (for its musical artist segments) to Family Radio, which Harold Camping owned, and I often wondered what my favorite announcer (I think his name was Omar =) used to think of Harold Camping's rants. Omar's most significant line was when referring to the Rapture or simply being in heaven-----
    "no more bills, pills, or ills"...! (*AMEN!!*)
    I've never forgotten it ever since then, because it put life into a new perspective from my usual (naturally) negative personality tendencies.
    Last edited by SGalisa; October 16th, 2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: typo

yeah I don't put stock in the ravings of [strike]psychos[/strike psychics either......
    Interesting position to take MG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
    You would be right but I fixed it now. I must have thought it 1011 lol.
    the 1000's is when the Muslims began terrorizing the West....not when they first came into existence.....

and they never gave up terrorizing the west either...they were just forced to lay low for a very long time after the West handed them their backsides at the Battle of Lapanto and pretty much wiped out the Muslims' entire naval capacity

Interesting position to take MG.
    how so?

how so?
    Let me put it this way dude.
    What is divinely inspired, and what is the "ravings of a madman"?

You dismiss "ghosts", yet you believe in the "holy ghost", You dismiss "magic", yet believe in miracles and you are dismissing Psychic's for having a connection to the "other side", yet your faith demands belief in it's existance.

How much faith do you put in the "ravings of a madman" really??

the 1000's is when the Muslims began terrorizing the West....not when they first came into existence.....

and they never gave up terrorizing the west either...they were just forced to lay low for a very long time after the West handed them their backsides at the Battle of Lapanto and pretty much wiped out the Muslims' entire naval capacity

Let me put it this way dude.
    What is divinely inspired, and what is the "ravings of a madman"?

You dismiss "ghosts", yet you believe in the "holy ghost", You dismiss "magic", yet believe in miracles and you are dismissing Psychic's for having a connection to the "other side", yet your faith demands belief in it's existance.

How much faith do you put in the "ravings of a madman" really??
    actually actually ghosts are possible...just not the traditional "soul hasn't crossed over kind"....but Catholics do believe that there is a temporal place after death called Purgatory where the soul goes who need to still serve penance for sins that have been forgiven...and part of this after death penance might be visiting with those they left behind to do whatever is needed to give closure and peace to them

magic though is actually something entirely different from a miracle....magic is when a human being thinks he can manipulate supernatural forces that we as humans in fact have very little, if any, control over....miracles, however are events that transpire that human reason says cannot happen, such as the host turned flesh and wine turned blood in the Eucharistic miracle at Lanciano in the 7th century and thus such events are attributed to God

so-called "psychics" believe they can foretell the future by manipulating supernatural forces that humans cannot control...for the supernatural rightfully cannot be controlled by mere human hands

whereas most prophets either get a vision from God or sometimes use past events and their effects to predict the effects of current events....though not as accurate a form of prophecy as the "vision from God" kind....but we humans do predict trends in things and we have many ways of doing so without resorting to manipulation of supernatural forces....like fitting existing data points to a regression curve and using them to predict the future values of another independent variable point outside the data set....for example analyzing someone's investment portfolio involves a set of data points with time as the independent variable and portfolio value as the dependent variable and fitting a regression curve to those points and using that curve to predict what the value might be at a future point in time....the curve would likely be sinusoidal....

but the point is that predicting trends is entirely different from having the arrogance to think that we can manipulate the supernatural

First Lieutenant

...You dismiss "magic", yet believe in miracles...

magic though is actually something entirely different from a miracle....magic is when a human being thinks he can manipulate supernatural forces that we as humans in fact have very little, if any, control over....miracles, however are events that transpire that human reason says cannot happen, such as the host turned flesh and wine turned blood in the Eucharistic miracle at Lanciano in the 7th century and thus such events are attributed to God
    here's my take.. and I was raised Roman Catholic, so I know where MG is coming from. However, I left Catholicism after I got married (Catholics frown upon Protestant / Catholic unions, unless conversion to Catholicism occurs with the new spouse). So, I will present this from the Protestant sort of evangelical POV---

I think "magic" can also be described as an illusion, because that is what *magicians* claim it is. Doug Henning is a famous magician artist (and cute, cause he looks like one of my relatives =). During the 1970's or 1980's Doug Henning was known as Mr. Magic.

David Copperfield is considered a magician, but some people think he's a bit more than that, if he could truly walk thru a china wall without any tricks (Unless there was a secret entrance hatch at the point where he entered the wall and left). To the world watching (and there was a curtain in the way, so no one could see how in the world he could do this), it looked like an impossible magic trick---not a miracle, but just an amazing illusion or transformation of making himself invisible and then reappear, like in a Star Trek transporter beam. Question is -- did he or didn't he really disappear (for real) and then magically reappear in the flesh..? We may never know the answer to that.

However, a (genuine) *miracle* is when your savings and checking are down to ten dollars, and you need --say--
    $156.75 to pay your (summer) electric bill within 2 days, or else the utilities company will shut off your power, and there is no way you can cough up that amount of money without stealing or borrowing it from somewhere... and lo and behold, some forgotten rebate check suddenly shows up in the mail the very next day for that exact amount $156.75. There was one story that involved over $2,000.00 and someone sent to that person a check which came out to the exact penny (which was an odd number).

I have heard maybe half a dozen personal stories of these sorts of incidences happening, when there was no where else to turn (but pray and/or beg for mercy from TPTB above.. and/or negotiate out some deal with the utilities if necessary). The person(s) who desperately needed the help considered it a *miracle* -- not a magic trick, because the check could have waited another week or so before showing up, but by then, it would have been too late.

There are other examples, but that's just one.

You dismiss "ghosts", yet you believe in the "holy ghost"...

actually actually ghosts are possible...just not the traditional "soul hasn't crossed over kind"....but Catholics do believe that there is a temporal place after death called Purgatory where the soul goes who need to still serve penance for sins that have been forgiven...and part of this after death penance might be visiting with those they left behind to do whatever is needed to give closure and peace to them
    Again, from a Protestant / evangelical POV, ghosts are regarded as from the demonic class of angels, if they appear as a former loved one (purpose of a demon is to deceive for whatever goal the demon is after). Angels, who are not of the demonic classes, usually appear as strangers or animals, if they help other humans out. Neither of these are ghosts.

The Holy Ghost is also the Holy Spirit -- you cannot see it. It may be composed of living energy and can move into multiple persons. Traditional ghosts or ghouls (Halloween variety) can only inhabit one soul and be in one spot at a time. Same with angels (both demons and heavenly good types)--they can only be in one location spot at a time.