Replicator fics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicator fics

So I see a thread for the Goa'uld and the Tokra and I also see a lot of Ori fanfiction. But there is one Race of the Stargate universe that I don't see that much in Stargate at all. I never see any fanfics were the Replicators are involved in them. Does anyone know any good Replicator fanfics or crossovers?
    http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...m/Earth001.jpg

I do but I can't recall the name. I'll get back to you.
    If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
    [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

I know that the fact that nobody replied before is not very encouraging, but maybe something changed in past couple of years. So I`ll try my luck.

Does someone know any stories involved replicators? In earlier seasons where they were practically just lego bugs I didn`t care about them much, but since Unnatural selection I find them intriguing. And later stories with Fifth and RepliCarter piqued my interest even more. I would love to read some stories, but when I looked for them I was surprised that I couldn`t find any fanfiction concerning them. I would have expected they inspire fans at least to one or two stories.

Comment

I went to AO3 and filtered for replicators in the "other tags" field and got 13 hits.

Using the "search within results" option over all 18,000+ SG1 stories, and searching for "replicarter" pulled up 11 hits.

Now, I don't read those stories (I abhor the replicators), but you might find something interesting in there by doing the same searches and looking at the results. Good luck.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Thank you for your advice, Seaboe

I didn`t know replicators weren`t very popular among fans.

Comment

Like every other creation of TPTB, some people love 'em, some people hate 'em, and some are indifferent.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Denisa View Post
              Does someone know any stories involved replicators?
              Would this one count?:

Title: Cold
              Rating: K+
              Pairing(s): None
              Warnings: None
              Summary: Hebridan. Cimmeria. Bubastis. Langara. Chulak. Day by day the list of fallen planets grew larger. Those who could flee did so – to the Alpha Site, to Kheb, to obscure planets on the edge of the galaxy. Deep down, however, they all knew the day would come when the enemy would show up for them too. (A Teal'c-centric AU)
              Link to Fic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12345846/1/

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                Like every other creation of TPTB, some people love 'em, some people hate 'em, and some are indifferent.

Seaboe
                I know. But some themes are more popular among the fans than others. And as I was searching through ff for replicator`s stories I was surprised there were only few because I found them interesting from story point of view. Especially their evolution into human form, Fifth attachment to Carter and then RepliCarter. Also the fact that it all started because one old scientist invented a flawed android with childlike qualities is quite ironic, so I thought replicators would inspire more stories.

Originally posted by incognito View Post
                Would this one count?:

Title: Cold
                Rating: K+
                Pairing(s): None
                Warnings: None
                Summary: Hebridan. Cimmeria. Bubastis. Langara. Chulak. Day by day the list of fallen planets grew larger. Those who could flee did so – to the Alpha Site, to Kheb, to obscure planets on the edge of the galaxy. Deep down, however, they all knew the day would come when the enemy would show up for them too. (A Teal'c-centric AU)
                Link to Fic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12345846/1/
                Great story. Thank you very much for posting it, incognito.

Comment

Originally posted by Earth001 View Post
                  So I see a thread for the Goa'uld and the Tokra and I also see a lot of Ori fanfiction. But there is one Race of the Stargate universe that I don't see that much in Stargate at all. I never see any fanfics were the Replicators are involved in them. Does anyone know any good Replicator fanfics or crossovers?
                  Which Replicators? Ida versions or the Asurans?

Comment

And as I was searching through ff for replicator`s stories I was surprised there were only few because I found them interesting from story point of view. Especially their evolution into human form, Fifth attachment to Carter and then RepliCarter. Also the fact that it all started because one old scientist invented a flawed android with childlike qualities is quite ironic, so I thought replicators would inspire more stories.
                    Great points/ideas. Weir's arc with her band of Asurans wishing to ascend was left unsatisfactorily and is also just begging for exploration and continuation.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                      Great points/ideas. Weir's arc with her band of Asurans wishing to ascend was left unsatisfactorily and is also just begging for exploration and continuation.
                      I agree. I finally caught up on Atlantis. I find it fanscinating that it actually started as a weapon goes wrong against Wraith. And I bet the "father" of Reese was an Ancient. Those people will never learn.

I really wish there were more stories exploring all of this. And I agree the Atlantis part was left even more unexplored. Also, I`m sure it was extremely hard for Sam being held by Fifth and for Daniel by RepliCarter, yet it was never mentioned again. I guess I`m one of those few who really enjoyed Replicators story lines.

Comment

Also the fact that it all started because one old scientist invented a flawed android with childlike qualities is quite ironic, so I thought replicators would inspire more stories.
                        And I bet the "father" of Reese was an Ancient. Those people will never learn.
                        What you said about family is interesting. The Replicators speak of familial relations and give others those impressions too:

FIRST: No, my son. They've made a fool of you.

WEIR: I think they look at the Ancients like parents who betrayed them, and now they see humans as the favoured siblings who receive all the parents' love. They've been seeking revenge ever since.

Their views of family could be explored in stories.

I find it fanscinating that it actually started as a weapon goes wrong against Wraith.
                        And, tragic how the Asurans begged to be set free. "We implored them to have this violent nature removed from our programming,"

It's also fascinating how the Asurans adopted everything Ancient about their culture and the Wraith base their language on Ancient, for all how both civilizations were at war in a life and death struggle, with the Ancients and one another. I like that the Wraith disabled their attack code and the two civilizations lived alongside one another for 10,000 years, seemingly without incident. The Asurans seemed to keep to themselves. Some also think they grey beings from Daedalus Variations are like children of the Ancients.

The humans in Pegasus, occupying the city of Atlantis, take on the association of the Ancients by living there and reinforcing the perceived favoured sibling status. But, the SG1 Replicators would presumably be free from this loaded history? Unless there are more connections I need to see.

I guess I`m one of those few who really enjoyed Replicators story lines.
                        As the years go by, I see more and more connections among the various races and want to know more about them and their factions and subcultures.

The SG1 Replicator subculture meeting the Asuran subcultures (Niam vs Oberoth) would be interesting too, to see if there would be a blending of cultures or if each would retain their ways of life. Different styles of dress, homes, spread of replication (the Asurans seemed to stick to one planet), take on humans and ascension, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X