• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Save the Last One (203)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON TWO
    SAVE THE LAST ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 203
    Shane and Otis fight to escape from a horde of walkers at the local school, as Carl lays near death in need of the medical supplies they have. Glenn and T-Dog arrive at the farm, and Daryl and Andrea search the woods at night.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 02 February 2012, 10:13 AM.

Best ep so far this season.

Certainly didn't see that coming. I figured Otis was going to end up dead last week and that Shane would have to shoot him because he had gotten bitten. Wasn't expecting Shane to shoot Otis to save himself. He could have at least had the decency to shoot him in the head rather than have him eaten to death and thus return as a walker.

I guess the guy who hung himself didn't have a gun. Sad, gross, and kinda funny at the same time. Poor guy. Though can't see Daryl leaving the arrow behind. Should have cut him down and retrieved it. And it took me this long to wonder were are the maggots? I can guess why they don't have them production wise, but otherwise shouldn't they be snacking on all this dead flesh.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post

Certainly didn't see that coming. I figured Otis was going to end up dead last week and that Shane would have to shoot him because he had gotten bitten. Wasn't expecting Shane to shoot Otis to save himself. He could have at least had the decency to shoot him in the head rather than have him eaten to death and thus return as a walker.

I guess the guy who hung himself didn't have a gun. Sad, gross, and kinda funny at the same time. Poor guy. Though can't see Daryl leaving the arrow behind. Should have cut him down and retrieved it. And it took me this long to wonder were are the maggots? I can guess why they don't have them production wise, but otherwise shouldn't they be snacking on all this dead flesh.
      Good point on the little maggots, could have flies too at least the sound. I kinda knew Shane shoot Otis. Give it all, for me, right at the moment Shane looked at Rick.
      Last edited by Steelbox; 01 November 2011, 02:44 AM.
      sigpic
      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

What a dark place this episode went. LOVED it.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Good episode, nice darkness to it. I'm Daryl much more in this season. He was always a great character and the type that was fun to like because he was a dick, but I like how he is turning himself around to a bit of a nice guy. My favourite part is when he chastises Andrea and thus the group for giving up hope on Sophia. He does it not because he's bring a nice guy or turning over a new leaf, he does it because he truly believes she is okay and they are all d**ks for giving up on her. Plus, love the itchy a$$ comment

Kathy
          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
          "what?"
          *throat punch*
          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Yeah I too knew that Otis was not gonna make it, but not like that. If Shane was gonna kill him he should of had some respect for Otis especially after Otis helped him and was willing to put his life on the line to save Carl. Shane is "off the deep end" now. Watch out Shane Otiswalker will be back!!

I guess the guy who hung himself didn't have a gun. Sad, gross, and kinda funny at the same time. Poor guy. Though can't see Daryl leaving the arrow behind. Should have cut him down and retrieved it.
            I totally thought the same thing...

I really liked the episode. Like others have said it was "dark" but that's what makes a good episode...moral conflicting, deep emotional drama.

Comment

Originally posted by lookupwardsnshare View Post
              Yeah I too knew that Otis was not gonna make it, but not like that. If Shane was gonna kill him he should of had some respect for Otis especially after Otis helped him and was willing to put his life on the line to save Carl. Shane is "off the deep end" now. Watch out Shane Otiswalker will be back!!
              Well, when you get to the dillema, two will not survive, one is gonna to, what you're gonna do? I'ts you or him, i don't really think Otis was thinking something far from what Shane thought. In the end, Shane did what was right for him to survive. I't wasn't the moral thing to do but he did survive. Now comes the question. Will he hang in there with his conscience stained? I don't think so, he never did something like that, his whole life was "Serving, Protecting, Respecting" he can't cope with that and it will come back latter to bite his ass.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

I think Otis could have easily left Shane behind. When it came to who was faster, since Shane messed up his leg/ankle when he jumped, I think Otis could have out run him, and Shane knew it which is partly why he shot him.

Though did anyone watch the extra show they do after, The Talking Dead. I was like them, where the hell had they parked the truck. lol.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

This was such a great episode, I will probably watch it again tonight. This season has been wonderful thus far.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wow, I would say that I was surprised by Shane's actions but that would be a lie. His body language was wrong. I don't think sacrificing Shane to save himself even entered Otis's thoughts. He tried everything to save them both, what Shane done was bad. Shooting Otis in the leg to save his own sorry ass. And at the end of the day I think that's what it was, saving Carl was just a bonus for him. He could at least have shot Otis in the head and saved him the torture of being ripped apart by those flesh eating zombies. I hope he gets his in the end.

One thing I am a little surprised at is Daryl turning out to be a decent guy. Thought he'd be a red neck ass. Just goes to show you can't judge a book by it's cover.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      Wow, I would say that I was surprised by Shane's actions but that would be a lie. His body language was wrong. I don't think sacrificing Shane to save himself even entered Otis's thoughts. He tried everything to save them both, what Shane done was bad. Shooting Otis in the leg to save his own sorry ass. And at the end of the day I think that's what it was, saving Carl was just a bonus for him. He could at least have shot Otis in the head and saved him the torture of being ripped apart by those flesh eating zombies. I hope he gets his in the end.

One thing I am a little surprised at is Daryl turning out to be a decent guy. Thought he'd be a red neck ass. Just goes to show you can't judge a book by it's cover.
                      I imagine the zombies would be more attracted to live bait...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                        I imagine the zombies would be more attracted to live bait...
                        Actually, any fresh meat will sufice, given that it is recently killed. They wont eat processed meat (ham) tough. They know what is good for their health.
                        Last edited by Steelbox; 14 November 2011, 07:21 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X