• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Lies Ahead (201)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON TWO
    WHAT LIES AHEAD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 201
    The group is stopped in a massive traffic blockage on their way out of Atlanta, and must avoid a large group of Walkers passing through. Sophie is lost in the woods after being chased by a pair of Walkers.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 02 February 2012, 10:13 AM.

So? Soooooo?

I haven't been able to see it yet How was it?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I enjoyed it. Nice opener for the season.

The zombie "herd" on the interstate was intense. Poor T-Dog though. Him slashing open his arm was grosser than the other zombie gore. And go Daryl. If there is one person they need to protect in order to stay alive, it's him. Andrea still annoys me, but then I've never much liked that character. Nitpick as that was no Baptist church like the sign said as they don't use images of Christ on the cross. Was spoiled on the final scene by the season previews so I was waiting for something to happen. Wasn't quite expecting that to happen, but certainly looking forward to where this is going to lead them.

I do wonder about why the giant traffic jam and there being bodies inside vehicles. Did the government have something to do with it?...like the soldiers murdering the hospital staff. Giant traffic jam I can see as the same thing happened when Hurricane Rita hit TX and people were evacuating north on the interstate from Houston. People sat for hours, but why the non-zombie bodies in cars like the one Carl got the weapons from?

Generally slow pace to the ep, but then the pilot episode, which I loved, had much the same pace, imo.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

I am ready for the mom & blondie to die. The mom seems like she is ready to sacrifice the entire group & blondie was a dick to Dale that saved her life. I bet the next time she gets trapped by zombies she will cry out for help
        Last edited by TheRandomOne; 17 October 2011, 12:29 PM.

Comment

A little bit slow in the middle, both otherwise a terrific start to the season. I already can't wait for next week
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            I do wonder about why the giant traffic jam and there being bodies inside vehicles. Did the government have something to do with it?...like the soldiers murdering the hospital staff. Giant traffic jam I can see as the same thing happened when Hurricane Rita hit TX and people were evacuating north on the interstate from Houston. People sat for hours, but why the non-zombie bodies in cars like the one Carl got the weapons from?
            The usual way the Goverment would handle such a situation in Movies is to contain the spread of the infection as good as possible. Killing those that try to get out of a infected Area is one of those options and a very popular one at that. Since they couldnt put up blockades all around in time and the People were stuck in the traffic anyways they could just have releasesd poisonous gas in the Area.

I liked the whole Zombie herd thing. They stay together to have better chances as well, I would just like to know where they are going. Maybe some Zombie reunion in Miami.
            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
              I liked the whole Zombie herd thing. They stay together to have better chances as well, I would just like to know where they are going. Maybe some Zombie reunion in Miami.
              Do zombies retire?

Comment

Great premiere! That scene with the 'Zombie Herd' was one of the tenseset(sp?) scenes I have ever seen!

The part where Daryl cut open the dead Zombie was probably one of the goriest scenes of the show to date, no way in hell would that scene have even aired if this was on network TV.

Obviously
                Spoiler:
                Carl lives

I wonder where those
                Spoiler:
                Choppers in the series trailer at the end of the episode came from

With the ratings shattering Basic Cable records, can you say Season 3?

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                  The usual way the Goverment would handle such a situation in Movies is to contain the spread of the infection as good as possible. Killing those that try to get out of a infected Area is one of those options and a very popular one at that. Since they couldnt put up blockades all around in time and the People were stuck in the traffic anyways they could just have releasesd poisonous gas in the Area.
                  That's what I was thinking might have happened. Though I doubt the series will get into what really happened anytime soon, if ever.

lol.

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post

I wonder where those
                  Spoiler:
                  Choppers in the series trailer at the end of the episode came from
                  Fort Benning may still be intact. It was only a little over a hundred miles from Atlanta. Fort Benning is southwest near Columbus on this map.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

On the helicopter issue, note that we've still not been given any resolution on the one that Rick saw flying over Atlanta in the series premiere. So I'm expecting that'll continue to come up

Comment

Who shot the deer and the kid? Could zombies be figuring out how to use guns?

And why didnt the herd smell them hiding under the cars?
                      sigpic
                      Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

What a great way to kick off this second season. I thoroughly enjoyed this from start to finish. I can't wait until this coming Sunday to see what happens next.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
                          And why didnt the herd smell them hiding under the cars?
                          This kind of bothered me too, especially since they made such a big deal of smell in 1.02 last year. And also that Darryl and T-Dawg were able to hide under dessicated corpses....zombies seem to be okay with munching on the freshly dead, so you'd think some might've stopped for a meal.

Still though, wonderfully tense sequence. Very very edge-of-the-seat!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            This kind of bothered me too, especially since they made such a big deal of smell in 1.02 last year. And also that Darryl and T-Dawg were able to hide under dessicated corpses....zombies seem to be okay with munching on the freshly dead, so you'd think some might've stopped for a meal.
                            There is a difference between fresh meat running around in their group and People hiding. Its not that weird that they ignored the corpses on the ground, they are obviously looking for something fresh since they didnt find anything in the City anymore.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Looking implies they have some sort of intelligence, which they don't have. The zombies are just mindless husks running on pre-programmed auto pilot and instinct. I don't think they would even be capable of intentionally looking under cars in search of fresh meat.

That being said, if someone under the cars made a noise, that would alert them on an instinctive level and they might investigate, in the same way an animal might move somewhere because they hear a familiar sound.

I'd also point out that the decaying stench from those corpses would be pretty strong and would likely mask most of the odors coming from anyone living, especially if they have a corpse on top of them while lying on the ground. The zombies are still human, they don't have a sense of smell like a dog.

-----------------------------

I liked the sequence, it was very tense, although it seemed more tense in the trailer i have to say. I thought that the rest of the episode was pretty so so in compariosn. It seemed to fizzle out after the opening minutes.

- Andrea is annoying
                              - The kid is a moron. He still goes off on his own and doesn't listen.
                              - Suprisingly, Daryl is one of the better characters. He started off as a jerk, but he's one of the most resourceful and level headed in the group.
                              - Stupid Andrea for leaving a door open while they are stationary surrounded by potential threat. That is moronic in the highest degree.
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X