This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who, Super-Hero?

Would you say that the Doctor qualifies for the term "Super-Hero"? Let's take a moment to see. His true identity is unknown, each incarnation wears his own "costume" he travels through time & space saving people for no other reason than it's the right thing to do. He's a skilled fighter, (Venusian Aikido) and has a few "powers" hypnosis, regeneration, sonic scream. (The Power of Kroll) so.....what say you?
    sigpic
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

I wouldn't say super hero is the right term. After all, at the end of the day he travels the universe looking or fun, rarely does he go out looking for trouble.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Starting point: define "superhero". I suspect by most definitions he probably does fall into the category, but isn't really.... (imho)

Comment

After some of the RTD episodes I was begining to think the Doctor was Christ or at the least Superman.
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

I would say the Legend of the Doctor is superhero esque, but the man is not as good as the myth as they would say.

The Doctor is somewhat majorly less fallible than any human, but being what he is, a man who has almost taken it upon himself to police Time and Space according to his interpretation of morality, justice and ethics, does that not sound like a megalomaniac on a benevolent streak?

The followers of the Silence certainly think so, which i suppose could be their main motivation for warring with the Doctor (of course this is in lieu of any other evidence of a controlling entity behind the Silence movement)

Yet there are others who would rush to the Doctors aid after his good, and in the light, actions.

I wonder if many would be so eager to help had they known of his obliteration of 2 races (despite the reasons) and his unintended epileptic fit of time he caused.

I think this is a minor theme that the Moff has been writing into his scripts, how others view the Doctor, how we view the Doctor and how the Doctor views himself.

To quote an enigmatic being from Babylon 5 - "Understanding is a 3 edged sword, your side, their side and the truth."

N.C

Comment

Working...
          X