• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icebreaker (407)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON FOUR
    ICEBREAKER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 407
    Henry joins Declan and a team from the UK Sanctuary to investigate a ship run aground in the Bering Sea, where a crew that was transporting Hollow Earth Abnormals is found to have all killed each other.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 21 March 2021, 09:45 PM.

Twists and turns, exposition and some great one liners by Henry.

Gotta admit, found it a bit tiresome but not impossible.

Good to see declan, had the other 3 pegged as red shirts from the get go.

And simply could not resist 'i'm meeellllttttiiinnngggggg' at the end
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I can`t believe they brought back Alistair only to kill him! I loved him!

Haven`t I seen this episode before? Though it`s okay because Kush was a great episode.

Comment

Oh Henry, don`t we all want to kill Will?

Comment

wow i totally did not see that end coming!

of course that means that all the great lines will and magnas said didn't happen. and also why did kill the rest of declans team? (and am i the only one who thought of them as redshirts from the beginning, well except the guy who was in that other ep).
          sigpic

Comment

bet he was screamin like a girl the whole way
            no i wasnt'....not all the way

sigpic

Comment

Good episode. Love the tauntaun line. First episode I've really, really liked since Tempus. And it was so nice to see Declan again.

Comment

This seemed all too much like "Kush" for me, only not quite as good. The ending was pretty awesome though. I kinda figured that it wasn't the real Magnus, but I did not expect them to have not been real the entire time. For most part though I found it rather boring. But if ever I decide to rewatch it I'm gonna use subtitles, I barely understood what Declan and Alistair were saying due to their accents.

Also, did anyone else find themselves strongly reminded of the X-Files episode "Ice"?

Oh, and loved Will talking about flying with Helen. And Henry's line about wanting to shoot Will. He ain't alone...

Comment

Oh, I loved all of Henry's lines. Hehehehe.

Helen calmly mentioning that a strut on the plan needed to be fixed before it was flight ready... I can totally see her saying that, even if it turned out she didn't.

I liked Allistair too. Martin just loved to kill characters we have seen before, doesn't he?

One thing that drove me nutty was it supposedly being so cold yet all of them had hoods down, no hats and almost none had gloves. And then they got in the water? People last a few minutes at the most. It's too cold to survive without immediate assistance.

Oh well. I still enjoyed it, though the end was better than the pacing at the beginning.
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie_Vampiress View Post

Oh, and loved Will talking about flying with Helen. And Henry's line about wanting to shoot Will. He ain't alone...
                    i loved that (to bad will didn't really say it ). but henry had some great lines as did declan.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, in reality hypothermia should have killed them in 15 minutes or less. And the shock from the cold can send you into cardiac arrest. Got that much from watching deadliest catch

sigpic

Comment

Ok, couple other things:

Why did Helen and Will come there anyway? Did the others send them a message or something?

And did Henry use "the 'W' word"?

Comment

Very well done episode. I loved the reference to Requiem, and Kush (2 fave eps of S1 ) and I thought the twists and surprises were very well done. I like stories where you have to keep guessing, and you're in a situation where you don't know who's the bad guy, and I feel the show did that as well with Icebreaker as they did with Kush. I liked learning a bit more about the... abnormals in this episode (don't know how to spell their name ) Seeing Declan again was great, he brought a lot to the episode, and he was a good leader with his people, and didn't want to leave them behind, dead or alive.

One thing I MUST comment on was the fact that there TWO Helen's in this episode. Oh, and two Will's. I love when characters meet their doubles, and both Helen's trying to outsmart the other was awesome. Overall the episode was great, and and I consider it another winner for S4.

Comment

Holy buckets...trying to cram it in now before we go out tonight.,..so far so damn awesome!!
                            Very nice return to the Kush creature...very cool...no pun intended.
                            Will post more when I'm done...unless of course I see something squee worthy!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Some of the main points -

BLOODY HELL.

I love how that has kind of become the catch-phrase for the entire Sanctuary gang.

Magnus vs Magnus - I love episodes with a double dose of Helen Magnus. It's the second one we've had this season, but the first where they've actually interacted with each other.

I really missed Magnus at the beginning, but at least that was countered by a good dose of Declan. I love that guy!

And the most classic line for this entire series so far:
                              Magnus: Bloody Hell. Am I always that stubborn?
                              It’s funny how nobody responded to that.

It’s kind of sad that I figured out at least two of the three would be “red shirts” in this one. I was hoping they’d at least keep Terry. I liked Jodi Balfour’s appearance.

I was happy to hear all of the references to previous episodes –
                              “Requiem” – with Henry talking about Magnus going evil with Will at the bottom of the ocean
                              “Kush” – with the return of the Mogoi.
                              “Hollow Men” & “Pax Romana” – with Henry talking about being dead, then re-animated in Hollow Earth, and how that still doesn’t make him a zombie. I also loved when he mentioned the “dirty diaper tasting milkshakes”. That reference also made me miss Kate in this one. It would have been cool to also have double Kates in this one.

what is it with Martin Wood directing episodes that include water? He does love to torture Amanda, doesn’t he?

I loved Henry’s reference to Nikola “Suck it, Tesla. Let there be light. Haha.” I love when Henry talks geek.

It was interesting that fake Helen told them all to “shoot on sight” if one of them was alone after they all decided to pair up, yet none of them actually did. They always asked questions first – like when fake-Will supposedly locked them in the room with the water (where Declan realized the door wasn’t actually locked), why didn't they shoot him when they first saw him alone?

it was interesting to realize that fake Helen & Will's actions were Declan, Henry, and the others’ perceptions of the two. That means – kamikaze pilot Helen, wimpy passenger Will, and even her orders on how to rescue/save the frozen blocks of Mogoi – were all their imagination, perpetuated by the Mogoi.

Even watching this the second time around and knowing that Magnus & Will are fake, I really didn't see any subtle signs. I guess if there was anything, it would be their arrival where Magnus flew the helicopter in conditions that no one would even think about doing – including the real Magnus, apparently. We all know the Will “whiny passenger” part would seem real enough though. There may have been a small moment, where Helen sent Declan off, she turned to look through the window of the door, then turned back again with an interesting look that could have been considered suspicious.

My full review can be found here
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X