• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resistance (405)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON FOUR
    RESISTANCE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 405
    After coming up against Homeland Security's new task force that is hunting Abnormals, Magnus and Henry track them to a New Mexico facility — where they find that Nikola Tesla is the head of the research lab.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 17 March 2021, 08:44 PM.

So far I'm just in the middle on this one. Maybe I'll give my thumbs up or down after the late showing.

Parts I did like.
    -Everything with Henry.... I have totally fallen for this character and the actor.-
    -Helen's reaction when Henry was taken away... the sadness in her was so palatable even tesla reacted to her mourning. Then her reaction when he returned.
    -Henry's relief of being saved but just like you would be to your mum he doesn't realize Helen's joy of seeing him alive.

Did anyone else catch the x-files music when Helen and Henry entered the area 51 complex? Or was I hearing things not there?

Comment

It goes without saying that anything with Tesla is one of the best episodes. I have to say though that the whole interdimesional rift explorers thing was kind of cheesy. it is so typical of Nikola Tesla to play the government for money to build wireless electricity. Loved the moments between Henry, Niko and Helen. Poor Tesla. The scene when he was trying to recruit her? Can`t they see how similar they are? They were basically acting the same!

B-plot: I`m glad an annoying character turned out to be an enemy.

Yay for Biggie getting to do the "previously on Sanctuary"!

Comment

I noticed that Henry pushed Nikola out of the way of the creature. Goes to show that Henry REALLY admires him and has real courage and nobility, since Nikola can`t be harmed and Henry has his child to think of.

And Helen was SO jealous of that redhead.

Comment

at "Since my plan of reviving my race was a bust - no pun intended"

Overall, I thought this was a rather weak episode. I wish I had enjoyed it more. We had a few guffaws - I loved Tesla going on about free electricity, some goals don't change - but overall it fell rather flat for me. I'll watch again and get more specifics, maybe something will change my mind.

Wonderful acting by Amanda when Helen thought Henry was dead.

The brother in law commented that I like Tesla because he says everything I would love to get away with saying. He got the death glare.
          sigpic
          Mourning Sanctuary.
          Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            at "Since my plan of reviving my race was a bust - no pun intended"

Overall, I thought this was a rather weak episode. I wish I had enjoyed it more. We had a few guffaws - I loved Tesla going on about free electricity, some goals don't change - but overall it fell rather flat for me. I'll watch again and get more specifics, maybe something will change my mind.

Wonderful acting by Amanda when Helen thought Henry was dead.

The brother in law commented that I like Tesla because he says everything I would love to get away with saying. He got the death glare.
            "I wish I had enjoyed it more"

That is the same feeling I had with the episode. Even while watching I was almost there. I can't say exactly why but I just didn't get that "oh wow, this is great" thrill. It was not a repeat yet in so many parts it seemed to resemble things we have seen before.

The Tesla attitude is wonderful....

Comment

Overall an okay episode. Not great, but ...

The B plot was good in that it illustrated the inter-abnormal conflicts, not just the human/abnormal dichotomy. Also, Biggie got screen time, which is Will's airtime was appropriate, as was his reactions IMO.

The A plot ... well, Tesla-episodes are always fun! I loved the dynamics between Helen and Henry ... the anguish at losing him seemed very real, so much so that even Tesla stopped pushing. Then again if you think about it, Helen's practically raised Henry, so he's definitely family. I love how Henry didn't hesitate when he threw himself in the line of danger over Tesla. Then again, I love Henry, so may be a tad biased

Overall ... progressed the overarching storyline, illustrating some of the issues going rogue have presented. Both the plots actually worked together, which was a nice change. A useful episode, allowing Henry, Biggie, and of course Tesla to do some character building, and presenting the potentiality of having an under-the-table ally in a high (low?) place in Tesla. Personally, a bit of a letdown from the adrenaline rush of last week, but definitely not a bust!
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                I noticed that Henry pushed Nikola out of the way of the creature. Goes to show that Henry REALLY admires him and has real courage and nobility, since Nikola can`t be harmed and Henry has his child to think of.

And Helen was SO jealous of that redhead.
                Really? I didn't get jealousy so much as eye-rolling at Tesla and his suave ways
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                  Overall an okay episode. Not great, but ...

The B plot was good in that it illustrated the inter-abnormal conflicts, not just the human/abnormal dichotomy. Also, Biggie got screen time, which is Will's airtime was appropriate, as was his reactions IMO.

The A plot ... well, Tesla-episodes are always fun! I loved the dynamics between Helen and Henry ... the anguish at losing him seemed very real, so much so that even Tesla stopped pushing. Then again if you think about it, Helen's practically raised Henry, so he's definitely family. I love how Henry didn't hesitate when he threw himself in the line of danger over Tesla. Then again, I love Henry, so may be a tad biased

Overall ... progressed the overarching storyline, illustrating some of the issues going rogue have presented. Both the plots actually worked together, which was a nice change. A useful episode, allowing Henry, Biggie, and of course Tesla to do some character building, and presenting the potentiality of having an under-the-table ally in a high (low?) place in Tesla. Personally, a bit of a letdown from the adrenaline rush of last week, but definitely not a bust!
                  Biased? I have been since Hangover. The time Helen and Henry had on the couch. Yes, I am in love with Henry. Part of it from watching the relationship he has with Helen. Also he is the most huggable adorkable nerdy puppy. *snugs Henry* Then he goes and has wonderful scene time with Tesla too. Yes..... I am in love with Henry.

Comment

I was very impressed with this episode. I thought it was a great way to come back from the awesome Monsoon last week, and I think this episode hit it on all levels. I loved the A story, and it was great to see Helen and Henry working as a team. I knew Tesla wouldn't really turn his back on Helen, and I loved how Henry stood up for her, and tried to get Tesla to see that she's the best friend he's got. I liked the science behind it, and it all worked out.

I'm tired, so I'll skip to the B story. It was good, I liked how the annoying dude turned out to be bad, and I loved how he was using that fake voice to fool Biggie and Will. I almost thought Robin wasn't in the ep at all.

Overall, it was a great episode. I'll talk more about it when I'm not so tired.

Comment

Hallowed are we. Hallowed is His Flying Noodly Appendage.
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                        Hallowed are we. Hallowed is His Flying Noodly Appendage.
                        OH my.... you are so correct. ROTFLMFO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                          OH my.... you are so correct. ROTFLMFO!!!!!!!!!!
                          I know!
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

There is one thing that puzzles me. I read for a spoiler for this episode that kate was in it and agam said she had cry on Q. I didn't see kate at all in this episode? What Gives?

Comment

The saying is that "Resistance is futile". It seems to me that resisting Sanctuary's "resistance" is futile - especially when it involves Magnus & Tesla and their century-long relationship. This time, Henry was in the mix as well. Let's just call him their kid!

* Biggie “takes one for the team” to begin with as the plan to capture the abnormal goes awry (or did it? maybe not since they were able to get the tracking device in place so they could infiltrate the complex) I’m not sure I like the way Helen Magnus seems to have been ‘demoted’ in the power ranks of the world as she & the Sanctuary have decided to go rogue, and not “play well with others”. I would love to see Helen “take it up with the President” as one of the SCIU guys suggested. I do like that Helen is still one step ahead on many things. She obviously expected the government guys to show up and included the tracking device so they could track them back to their facilities.

* I really love all of the new establishing shots of the Sanctuary that we’ve seen so far this season. They’re so much better than the standard “from above” shots we constantly saw in the first three seasons. I love the upgrade.

* Back to Biggie again, I love when he gets involved in a storyline. We really haven’t seen much of his back story, other than when he got shot & saved by Father Jensen and was brought to the Sanctuary. I loved how we see him a bit melancholy over the continued loss of abnormals and how everything has changed for him.

* I loved the scene with Biggie & Helen in the office where he’s telling her that trying to infiltrate the “Area 51” was not a good idea and she could be charged with espionage…again. These types of Helen/Biggie scenes are rare, but so wonderful to watch. Again, I’d love to see more of the Helen/Biggie backstory, as well as scenes like this, where he gets to talk back to her as an equal, and not a subordinate like Will, Henry, Kate, or even Declan do.

* And then there’s Nikola Tesla. I love how there always seems to be some kind of wine reference – and this time it was the wine that was the indicator that we’d be seeing Tesla. I loved the reference back to “Normandy” when Tesla says, “the last time that I cooperated with the US Government, you may recall the assistant they gave me turned out to be a nazi spy? ”

* another great thing about Tesla/Magnus scenes is that these two characters are not afraid to talk frankly to each other. Helen always seems to be giving Nikola a piece of her mind, and it’s usually to berate him about something that he’s done wrong while trying to create his “wonderful” experiments. With those experiments, he always seem to forget about the “human” factor, until Helen has to remind him just why it isn’t such a great idea to begin with.

* another thing with Tesla in this episode, it was fun to hear him speak in “simple” non-Tesla terms, like “POOF” and he even said “I can’t”, which is so unlike him.

*This episode also brought out what seems to be the mother/son undercurrent of the Helen/Henry relationship. Right after Henry gets taken by the inter-dimensional abnormal, we see Helen react in a mother-losing-her-child kind of way. Thankfully, she was able to turn her focus to Nikola and let him know it was his fault. It seemed that his apology was in the information he gave to Henry just before he left.

* The reverse is true as well with Henry telling Tesla “You just betrayed the best friend you ever had”.

* “Hello, Beastie” LOL Beasties should learn one day that you don’t underestimate Helen Magnus, even if she has gone rogue from the mainstream world.

* It’s interesting to note that I didn’t even roll my eyes at the scenes with Will, mainly because Biggie and Galvo were always with him as well. I liked Galvo (probably because he annoyed both Biggie & Will) and was a bit bummed that he was a baddie.

* is it just me, or have they made Helen look a bit older? I’m guessing it’s to keep continuity with her additional 113 years that she’s recently gone through. Amanda certainly doesn’t look any older off camera than before.

* oh, and who doesn’t love Henry’s man-purse? LOL And what’s with Henry getting the “Bloody Hell” line this time? That was cute.

* it was great to see Biggie sitting up on the ledge of the roof, and I loved how he felt he needed to get better instincts. I really wish that had been a scene with Helen instead.

Anyway...those are the main points. My full review can be found here
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X