Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally done with SG1, Atlantis starts tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Just for you:
    Spoiler:
    http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/515-Remnants/photos/normal_515_remnants_04.jpg
    *happy sigh*

*thunk*

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
    You guys have all watched the series more than once. I'm sure I'll start picking it apart on the second time through. lol
    I have watched every episode as many times as there are main characters (+ Kate, Ford or Weir). The fruits of that labor are openly available if you want to know about it.
    I highly doubt though I would ever do such a thing again. Though i would have done it if the longwinded episode aka film had been made.

Currently I stick to rewatching Primeval and note down the continuity errors. <- See not done with list-making at all.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Or as Linda says "I am always right." I have to agree we who were there in the original run were in a different enviroment. We had so much time between episodes that all we could do is debate and discuss the episodes. Some theories were just brillant and others had me thinking posters had a case of beer next to their computer.
      You are always right as long as you agree with me. And with some posters, I think it was something stronger than beer.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

As long as everyone agrees with me they will always be right
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
          As long as everyone agrees with me they will always be right
          That's what I said, so one of us will end up being wrong.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            That's what I said, so one of us will end up being wrong.
            Ah that's where you're right. I am always right, even when I am wrong. It's a win-win
            sigpic

Comment

Ok, I finished the series over the past couple days. This is gonna be a long post, so I will post a couple episodes over the next day or two. lol

The Seed: Ewwww. Why wasnt the organism covering Keller's head? lol I was a little leary with Woolsey reading off all his rules. That is specifically what is wrong with government and business these days. But, at least Woolsey bent the rules. People who are book smart with zero experience claiming to be experts. But, we get to see Beckett come out of stasis which made me happy.

Broken Ties: A great one. A roller coaster ride. Withdrawl symptoms really suck. I liked Woolsey getting stuck in the rooms. Woolsey kind of starts to get it in this one though. I liked how they did the subterfuge with Ronan's friend not letting Ronan in on the plan, and the but kicking he had to endure to keep the secret...but he ended very well.

Hi - Have to say I have been enjoying your thoughts and reviews of the SGA eps. It has been a nice trip down memory lane. Hope it is not to late to add my comments on season 5.

The Seed - I liked this ep. I really thought it was interesting, and creepy, to find out that Hive ships were made from humans. It actually answered a question I had had on how the Wraith came to use and build organic based ships. I agree with your comments on Woolsey - Overall it was prorabaly good to have this type of ep because it did show that while he was that book smart beauracrat at least it gets him to start realziing that not every situation lends it self to any rule book. I also thought it was interesting how he approached Shep with the expectation that he would kill Keller if they could not stop what was happening to her.

Broken Ties - I thought this was a great ep. Jason M did a good acting job. As you said, the ep was a bit of a rollercoaster. There were a lot of little moments that I liked from this ep, the end scene with Shep giving Ronan's sword back to him was one of them. I liked how the writers used the feeding/giving life ability the Wraith had as a way to torture and/or addict a human to make them a worshipper. Makes sense as we know from season 2 with Ford how the Wraith enzyme effected people - And from "Travelers" with Larrin reaction after she is given back life . You know when you think about it, the Wraith eat us, build ships from us and make us their slaves - what would they do without us humans!

Comment

The Daedalus Variations: A good one. I personally would have liked a little back story on who those super aliens were, but it would have taken away from the story. I love how Shep motivates Rodney. "Rodneeeey! We need this done NOW!"

Ghost in the Machine: Damn. I was hoping Weir would return as a villain. I hated what wound up happening to her, but I can see why it was necessary. The replicators could not be trusted, and Weir the person won out in the end. Why couldnt they have sent a puddle jumper through to pick her up though?

Daedalus Variations - Yep, this was a good one. All I have to say is ditto your comments

Ghost in the Machine - I thought this was a good one too. I wish Torri felt she could have come back to do it, but using FRAN worked really well and the actress that portrayed her did such a great job, especially with picking up Weir's mannerisms and vocal inflections. As others have mentioned, Joe F did a great job diplaying a range of emotions and turmoil that Sheppard was feeling. I also liked that how in the end it was Weir that made the decision for her and the others to go thru the Stargate & into the nothingness of open space. I think this showed the strength and courage of the Weir character and what she would do to protect Atlantis and those that she cared about. The only regret is that they did not do more with the character. While I agree that it would have been interesting to see Weir as a villian, - and I think she would have been a bada** villian, I perfer the original Weir.

Comment

Great read, this thread!
                  I just finished a SGA "Marathon" and I'm still under it's spell
                  I am drawn in it not just because of the story (being a huge SF fan, few episodes fulfiled my "sf consummer needs" - Rising, Hide&Seek, Home, The Defiant One, Sanctuary, Before I Sleep, Epiphany, Aurora, The Real World, The Ark, Adrift, Doppelganger, The Last Man, The Daedalus Variations, Ghost In the Machine, Remnants), but because of the lovable charactes and their humanity and humour .
                  Every episode, even my least favorites, have moments that I cherish and return to (except for, maybe, Trio).
                  I still hope that someday someone will mine again the SGA idea
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X