Star Trek vs Babylon 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek vs Babylon 5

I never seen B5 but from this video I found I thought it would be epic so I would like to post it here to show you guys.
    From "Star Wrek" What do you guys think of it? Discuss

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...m/Earth001.jpg

Star Wreck is in my not at all humble opinion one the best fan movies ever made, certainly the best non-SW fan movie. And that's not just because I'm Finnish either.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      Star Wreck is in my not at all humble opinion one the best fan movies ever made, certainly the best non-SW fan movie. And that's not just because I'm Finnish either.
      Agreed!. I smile just thinking about it.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Star Trek has vastly superior technology, except for maybe the Vorlons and the Old Ones.

Comment

That was cool. Never seen that before. That rivals any Hollywood VXF.

Though I think they didn't do as much with the B5 station as they should have. B5 is armed a bit better than that and then you also have Epsilon 3. Otherwise Trek does have the superior tech, but I do love B5.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

At first when I went to look at that video I thought it would be some lame video of some guy taking scenes from B5 and ST and mashing them together to make some kind of movie.

Comment

They actually made an Imperial Edition. In some ways it isn't quite as cool as the original one because they had to change the VFX so the ships and station wouldn't look quite like the originals. The upside was that the IE got picked up for distribution by Universal Scandinavia...

And now the same crew (with professional actors) is making Iron Sky, slated for release next year.
              sigpic

Comment

The problems with these kinds of videos is that they're created by fans, and fans will never be objective, and will always tailor it so that their favorite show will win.

Comment

Yeah, but that wasn't the point with the movie, which is about 90 minutes long, so you can't really get an idea of it based on two short videos.
                  sigpic

Comment

I discovered these videos a few weeks ago. My Trekkie and B5-loving friends on Facebook enjoyed them.
                    The only real threat the Trek ships face would be from, as said earlier, the Vorlons and the other First Ones... and maybe the Minbari.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I also found a really long ST/B5 crossover here
                      http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=189483
                      I have not read the whole thing but I found it to be good.

Comment

I loved Walter Koenig's role in Babylon 5 so much more than his Star Trek role. Compared to the Beatle look-a-like Chekov, Bester was an awesome villain. I found the idea of Psi- corps & telepaths compelling, too.

Comment

I remember that. They intentionally took away Star Trek's shields because that gave them too much of an advantage over B5 even assuming the energy weapons were of the same strength as each other.
                          Hi There!

Comment

i enjoyed watching these

Comment

If so, I definitely recommend Star Wreck.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X