Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anyone Interested in Comparing the Anunnaki with Goa'uld?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find that there are some striking similarities between the Anunnaki (Actually the Nefilin) and the Go'uld portrayed in SG1. If anyone is interested, we can discuss this from who were the Nefilin, where did they come from, how did they get here, how the producers (I am sure of this) patterned the Go-uld after them or any other discussion about this topic. I am new here and hope I am doing all of this correctly.

first off its GOA'ULD not GO'ULD.

next who or what are the anunnaki?
    sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post

Thanks for replying. The Anunnaki, also called the Nephilin (those who from heaven to earth came), and according to ancient history specifically the Sumerian Tablets, are a race of humans which inhabit the 12 planet of this solar system - the planet Nibiru. Nibiru has a 3600 year orbit around earth and although not seen yet by astronomers, its impact on the far planets is documented. The last time Nibiru was in relatively close proximity to earth it's mass caused a huge area of antartica to break off into the ocean, causing the great flood.

The key here is that the Nephilim/Anunnaki people represent all the gods of myth from Sumer (the first civilization) through the ancient Greek and Roman empires. These people came to earth (when Nibiru was in close proximity since they don't (or didn't at the time) have such things as warp speed or FTL drives specifically to mine gold. They first arrived 450,000 years ago and remained for sometime after Christ was born - he could very well have been one as well. There is way to much to discuss about the Nephilim than we have time to discuss. If you are intersted, refer to The 12th Planet by Zecharia Sitchin or do a search on him. Try this link for an overview: http://www.halexandria.org/dward185.htm.

How this relates to SG1 is what I am facinated with. I am sure that the producers had some knowledge of Sumerian history. These folks, specifically a god named Enki or Ea (in later times his name was Ptat - an early pharaoh , actually created Cro-Magnon (homo sapien) about 300,000 years ago based on gene manipulation of the existing Hominids. This is all actually documented in the Sumerian tablets in great detail. Homo Sapien was created specificlly as slaves to mine gold in southern Africa since the Anunnaki (lower gods) rebelled due to the working conditions. There are many other gods besides Enki. These other gods are the gods of human myth and of SG1. They have many similarities. Although there were "good" gods such as Enki, there were certainly "not so good" gods such as Enlil, Enki's half brother. Regardless of how good or bad they were, "man" (the name given to the new human created by Enki) were treated as slaves but knew no better of it until Adama (Adam) ate from the Tree of Knowledge thus giving him and Eve the knowledge of good and bad and free will but basically the knowledge of "self". They were expelled from Eden (an actual place but primarily labratories) before the could eat of the Tree of Life which would make them immortal. Nephilim were immortal, at least from the perspective of early man. There is reason to believe that they live more than 500,000 years. However, they do need to rejuvinate themselves by use of the Tree of Life in order to maintain their logevity. Sound familiar? The goa'uld came to Earth (and other planets I am assuming) and enslaved its humans or other intelligent beings. I would be interested in "why" the goa'uld came to Earth. I couldn't have been to just enslave its inhabitents. There must have been a reason - perhaps minerals such as Gold. It's interesting that Enki's son was Marduck (Ra).

To me the goa'ud could have been patterned after the Anunnaki or else it is an interesting coincidence.

Anyway, I thought that this would be interesting discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr. Setsuna F. Seyei View Post

ancient Babylonian or Sumerian gods I believe
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateWatcher View Post
          ancient Babylonian or Sumerian gods I believe
          were they in the show? cuz all gods except norse turned out to be evil goa'uld

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

Originally posted by QueteshRuled View Post
            were they in the show? cuz all gods except norse turned out to be evil goa'uld
            Actually, the Norse gods as with all the other gods from all cultures are the same folks simply renamed in different cultures which span the globe. Could it be, then, that the 'good' gods (who eminate from Enki) be related to

The Anunnaki as named were not mentioned in SG1. The goa'uld of Stargate are a collection of gods that span all the cultures of this planet and these people actually existed. As to their 'god' status, THAT is a matter of heredity which tends to get watered down after time. It's all a matter of bloodlines. Enki and Enlill were half brothers. Their father was Anu (hense Anunnaki). The Anunnaki culture hands down power by bloodline. Typically the first born son inherits the power of the father. But, it gets confusing with these folks because all children are not necessarily born from the actual wife. This is a paternalistic society so men more often than not (and I would say exclusively) are not tied to one woman - there are many. Pure bloodlines, however, come from the father and the wife. Thus the first born from the official wife get the power. In Enki's case, he was first born and of another female concubine. He thought that we would inherit the power. Enlil, born after Enki, was of pure blood and since he was 'pure' stock, he woud eventually inherit the power. Anu was the king of Nibira, thus on his passing (which to my knowledge hasn't occurred yet), Enlil would assume power. Enki and Enlil were assigned to come to Earth - Enki first. But, Enlil was put in overall charge of the mission much to Enki's chagrin. This caused much tension between the two and their eventual offspring. Interestingly enough, we see this tension between peoples to this day. Enlil was the god who lived in Eden and expelled Adam and Eve for eating of the Tree of Knowledge. The serpent who suggested to Adam that he eat the fruit was non other than Enki. Throughout their lives on Earth you see this competition and undermining between them and their offspring which lead to a nuclear exchange at one point - the radioactive traces still exist in the Sumar area (Sodam/Gamorra) which no one seems to be able to explain.

The bottom line is that the gods of the Goa'uld culture are the very same gods that existed on this planet over varying times in history. Interesting enough, "kingship" was power given by the gods (including Anu) and had to be approved by them before allowed. So, these Goa'uld gods were actual gods and kings of this planet. So the Goa'uld story could have been much richer and never ending since my suggestion is that all kings (and rulers - democratic or not) have been approved before they are allowed to happen. Read up on the Illuminati, if you don't believe me. So, SG1 could have gone on infinately with an unending list of Goa'uld characters.

As to your seeming objection that the Goa'uld are mostly all 'bad' guys, that is true and they would follow the bloodline of Enlil. But, as you imply, there were good guys to. Let us say that the good guys (those of Enki's seed) are the Tok'ra. The Goa'uld, however, seem to be comprised of greater numbers but are eternal conflict with the Goa'uld much like the conflict between Enki and Enlil and their heirs. And, as I have said, this conflict continues to this day. This explains a lot about us and our never ending conflicts around the globe. You even see this conflict begin between the Jaffa as Teal'c spearheads to fight of good vs evil among them. So, it would seem that our human existance and behavior is based on the conflict of good and evil. Incidently, it is those who are good (at least in the gods eyes) that are allowed to accend to the Abode of Heaven. Key concepts are "accend" and "heaven". If you have an open mind and are a believer in SciFi (as SciFi is in most cases SciFact) then the concepts of accension is very easy to understand. Accension, thus, is not a spritual ride (although the spirt may be taking the ride as the Egyptians and many other religions, including ours, believed). You accend via a craft that flys you to heaven, either another spacecraft in orbit or the ultimate abode on Nibiru. We can discuss the concept of "accension" from an SG1 perspective if you like. It is not that much different other than the mode of transportation. The Sumerians believed, from actual observation, that accension was accending via a space craft. SG1 indicates more of a spiritual essence that accends much as our modern religions (including what is believed by the Illuminati) would have you believe. That could be an interesting thread to discuss and try to understand. An additional discussion would be to try and understand why we are basically evil people. We can say that is simple. Evil people are of Enlil's seed and good people are from Enki's. Although true, it is not that easy. As a spoiler, I would say that the god (or God) of the Old Testament is a first generation heir of Enlil whose Hebrew name is Yahweh and that He is in charge of Earth (as Enlil was assigned by Anu). And, Earth is the testing ground for the soul and is intentionally comprised of negativity. Only those who transcend this negativity are allowed to accend to the abode of heaven. The Illuminati believe that there will soon be a "great harvest" of souls and if you look around it is not too difficult to agree with them. This planet is poised to go through a very catostropic period.

The Nephilin were, in general, not a bunch of good guys - in my mind more akin to the Goa'uld. Man enduring great hardships under their watch. And that makes sense. If you create a new breed for the purpose of enslaving them, their desire, thoughts and lives would make no difference. Humans were thought no more highly than we care about the plight of dogs. Yes, we love our dogs for the most part but don't consider them anything other than pets (at least most of us...). And, there was reason to believe that the gods "loved" their newly created females which eventually caused Enlil to attempt to wipe out all humans. Why? Because the seed of the gods were becoming very diluted by the young gods having offspring from the human females. That, is another interesting topic, i.e. isn't it interesting all the carousing that takes place with men who have power and "lesser" females to this day...

Anyway, lots to talk about if people wish. Even the simbiote (sp?) could simply be the eating of the Tree of Life.

Comment

so in short no one is interested sorry to burst your bubble

ok edit: im sorry that was rude and ill advised. i dont speak for everyone
              Last edited by QueteshRuled; 30 October 2011, 01:45 PM.

Please help my dragon grow!

Comment

I have not been on in a while but I think all of the stuff in this posting is interesting. Sorry to prove you wrong QueteshRuled.
                Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if are to be saved at all."

Comment

Wow! This just goes to show how much information can be stuffed in one's brain and then forgotten over the years. Having read the above posts about the Anunnaki, Nephilin, etc., I actually remembering reading about such things. What I remember is all very vague, though, but it has served to nudge me into looking up more about it and seeing what I can relearn.

Comment

This thread is quite old and Stargate programs are receding into the past. But this program has the uncanny resemblance to alternative history E.G. Ancient Aliens/Ancient Astronauts. Stargate SG-1 has a secret space program that has a parallel in the Pegasus Project regarding Mars. The intelligence community has its own space shuttle just like in Stargate. Aliens posing as gods is a central tenet of ancient astronaut theory.
                    The Military had unusual interest in Stargate programs too.
                    When you see depictions of the Annunaki (Sumerians from Mesopotamia's gods) they appear reptilian at first. Enlil, Enki, Anu, Innana all appear this way but in later depictions appear quite human. If the Annunaki are represented by Goa'uld and not the hosts (lizards to humans) that would explain their changes. The latter figures reminds me of the Goa'uld like Hathor that SG1 fought in many episodes.

Comment

Let's not forget that Tiamat is said to have given birth to serpents, are that in Sumerian mythology humans were created as slaves after the younger gods rebelled at having to serve the elder gods.

Comment

Tiamat was either a goddess or the 5th planet from the sun according to Sitchen. Then snakes are a popular motif in all the world's mythologies. Like Quetzalcoatl for example. So can this refer to the Goa'uld "snakes in the head"?
                        The destruction of Tiamat as a planet by Nibiru created Earth according to Sitchen.

Comment

Interesting topic.
                          I have read a lot about the "ancient astronauts" even before the movie came out. I thought it was a bit mixed up in the movie, but you can definitely see the resemblances, and to me it's only logical that the writers was inspired by our old myths about the Sumerians and other ancient societies.
                          I also once read about a "real" stargate being found, but that's just a theory i guess. I saw a picture from 1920's that actually resembles the stargate very much ... But it could be faked of course

Comment

Yes i am very interested.
                            I share your opinion, i a sure that if you replace the word Goa'ul by Anunaki, you have they key of the story.

Comment

qz2026

I find that there are some striking similarities between the Anunnaki (Actually the Nefilin) and the Go'uld portrayed in SG1. If anyone is interested, we can discuss this from who were the Nefilin, where did they come from, how did they get here, how the producers (I am sure of this) patterned the Go-uld after them or any other discussion about this topic. I am new here and hope I am doing all of this correctly.

NEW:

This thread, about comparing the Anunnaki with the Goa'uld, is very old. I just found it today, but
                              this is a very interesting subject. I need some time to get acquainted with some of the Anunnaki history,
                              but what you said was very interesting. I'll more, with some questions and comments, some other
                              time, perhaps in the next few days or so – though I don't know if the one who originated this is still
                              following this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X