• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monsoon (404)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON FOUR
    MONSOON
    EPISODE NUMBER - 404
    Helen travels to a remote island off the African coast to meet the Sanctuary's new financial adviser, only to find herself in the middle of a deadly hostage situation. Back home, Henry and Will search the underground for a missing Abnormal.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 15 March 2021, 08:40 PM.

A non stop episode, with what I think is a lot of foreshadowing. Die Hard Helen. Snappy one liners. Will actually acting like a grown up. Abby reasonably intelligent. More than a few twists and turns.

Keep your eye open for a massive continuity glitch.

and yes, there is the huge kiss at the end.

Oh, and next week

Spoiler:

TESLA RETURNS
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes... I am very happy. Explosions give me such naughty feeling deep down...... What an excellent A story... The B story I felt was a rerun. What episode was it they were in sewers chasing a monster with the flashy guns?

Best Line. Helen: I just bought that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        A non stop episode, with what I think is a lot of foreshadowing. Die Hard Helen. Snappy one liners. Will actually acting like a grown up. Abby reasonably intelligent. More than a few twists and turns.

Keep your eye open for a massive continuity glitch.

and yes, there is the huge kiss at the end.

Oh, and next week

Spoiler:

TESLA RETURNS
        Sky, it has been years since watching the Die Hard movies. Do a little s'plaining of your Die Hard reference. I want to be in on the in-side joke.

Comment

I though it ended too quickly, just a few more seconds to wrap it up would have been nice. Magnus was kickass though.

I can`t believe they managed to create a more annoying character than Abby.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
            I though it ended too quickly, just a few more seconds to wrap it up would have been nice. Magnus was kickass though.

I can`t believe they managed to create a more annoying character than Abby.
            Are they trying to make the FBI the baffonds.... how to you spell bafoon?.... That guy was intolerable. Not helping the Abby character with street creed. arrrr.

And the CIA guy they made incompetent too. hum? I think it is a good idea for the Sanctuary to go Rogue..

Comment

the helen adventure storyline was good. kick butt helen is awesome.

the will-henry-abby stuff was boring.

the kiss at the end did what i was afraid it would do, which was make me feel differently about helen. i'm sure this feeling will lessen, but right now, i feel like

right at this moment, i miss stargate SO much.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

On first watch-through:

The Will/Henry/Abby/Gavin action paled greatly in comparison to the Helen/good guys/bad guys action. I felt deflated every time they went back to the stuff at the Sanctuary.

I loved the Die Hard Helen (even had a 'Die Hard' mention). Maybe Helen & scientist lady (what was her name?) can be the new John & Holly McClane.

Did we really have to see Will & Abby half undressed yet again? At least the ending with Helen/Scientist lady made me forget all about Will/Abby.

I loved Carlo Rota. His appearance made me think back to the good old days of La Femme Nikita. That lead bad guy was a bit annoying, though. He seemed like a cross between a bad Sean Connery/Jeff Bridges/Gary Busey imitation.

Can't wait for the rerun in 1/2 hour.
                sigpic

Comment

Carlo Rota..... I am swooning in love with the man. He is such a loveable cutie manly guy. His real accent. *more swooning*

Comment

the woman with the super scream powers - she totally made me think back to the short-lived series, Birds of Prey (with Dina Meyer, Ashley Scott & whats-her-name) where Dinah's mom, The Canary, had those powers. I miss that show.
                    sigpic

Comment

Loved Die Hard Helen, kiss kinda forced came out of the blue.
                      One question ....what does Charlotte saying after she kisses Helen? Sounds like made but that doesn't make sense

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                        the woman with the super scream powers - she totally made me think back to the short-lived series, Birds of Prey (with Dina Meyer, Ashley Scott & whats-her-name) where Dinah's mom, The Canary, had those powers. I miss that show.
                        Looked up Birds of Prey on Netflix and it isn't here. But the cover for the DVD is the same as the cover for Underworld DVD. What the hell?

I do like that many of the abnormals this year like in this episode are human at first glance. Now we have to wonder who is the next enemy that is walking around town.... or remote island. X-ray guy was so cool. And he didn't even have to wear the swirling eyeball glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                          Looked up Birds of Prey on Netflix and it isn't here. But the cover for the DVD is the same as the cover for Underworld DVD. What the hell?
                          BoP only ran for one season (13 episodes) but the ladies could kick butt - even Oracle from her wheel chair.

One thing I forgot to mention: Was Gavin's Reese's Pieces bait supposed to be a reference to ET? If so, it was lame. The Die Hard reference was much cooler!
                          sigpic

Comment

The die hard reference, whumped hero taking out bad guys.

Its buffoon

Gavin is just ott bad. When will and Abby's phone rang at the same time I just knew there was something going on.

Did you notice charlottes shirt?
                            Shirt over tank top, then tank top, then shirt back on with Helen asking to use her shirt. I think an editor got confuzzled.

I still have to wonder if abby is a plant, or given her current assignment because of will.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                              BoP only ran for one season (13 episodes) but the ladies could kick butt - even Oracle from her wheel chair.

One thing I forgot to mention: Was Gavin's Reese's Pieces bait supposed to be a reference to ET? If so, it was lame. The Die Hard reference was much cooler!
                              Gavin even said 'like et'

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X