• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uprising (402)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON FOUR
    UPRISING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 402
    The Sanctuary team tries to keep the conflict between the Lotus Defense Corps forces and the Hollow Earth Abnormals from boiling over into all-out war, as more and more continue to reach the surface.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 14 March 2021, 08:32 PM.

I gotta say, i did call the helen reveal. 30 seconds before it happened, but I did call it
    'what's it take to get a cup of tea around here?'

and abby was actually tolerable, tolerable enough that the whole 'who all did you date' wasn't that annoying

I think my biggest issue, beyond garris' stiff acting, was just the frustration of the pig headed military mindset

ah, and kate's storyline
    she goes to hollow earth.

and we get some nice new images of the sanctuary

and i was wrong, she did tell him. cool
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

that was a great episode. though i'm sad to see kate written out (even if its a cool storyline). abby was okay in this episode, but was annoying in her first scene where will talks about hollow earth.

i too called helen's return . i love her line about the tea, just so her. and that she did tell will that she's been missing for 113 years. actually that whole scene was great.

and i love the part with henry and will, where henry says hes better and will says because hes a werewolf.

overall great episode!
      sigpic

Comment

I agree with you on that Skydiver, I also called Helen's reveal about the same time

Despite the fact that I missed about 15 minutes of the ep, it was better than I thought it was going to be.

Kate being sent to Hollow Earth made me understand why she wasn't in the credits and just a recurring character. I hope we get to see where that takes her.

And I also agree with you Skydiver on Abby. I didn't have to mute her scenes, which is a plus since I spent most of One Night with it muted.

All in all this was a great ep, so can't wait for next week!
        sigpic
        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Is it sad that I was much more focused on camera movements and the setup of scenes than I was in the actual story for this one? I guess that's what happens when Amanda is behind the screen more than she is in front of it. My mind wanders to other things.

I was so bummed that Helen told Will of her 113 year absence. A girl has to have her secrets, you know.

I'm definitely going to miss any decent screen time for Kate. I know she comes back a little bit, but it just won't be the same.

Abby was actually more tolerable here. Now if I could only tolerate Will as much as I've learned to tolerate Abby. Guess I'll have to work on that.

I loved seeing Harry Maybourne, er I mean Tom McBeath again here too.
          sigpic

Comment

I just "liked" the episode. It tied up the whole Hollow Earth invasion thing. But Sanctuary isn't Sancutary without Magnus. I knew she wasn't gonna be present (until the end most likely) because AT was directing but the show seems empty and dragging w/o her character. Glad Magnus is back..."it's good to be home".

Now we got the whole military group abnormal headhunters and the the guy evalulating the sanctuary storylines but I hope there are some flashback episodes of Magnus' 113 yr vacation, at least explaining where Magnus was during the destruction of Praxis and the invasion attempt from the abnormals.

Comment

Good episode.

I'm sorry to hear that Kate will be written out, as I really like her character. I hope she comes back from time to time though but agree it won't be the same. I really enjoy her character's interactions with Biggie and Henry and the growth of the character over her time on the show. Meanwhile, I'm really hoping that her spot won't be taken by Abby as I'm not a big fan of that character.

Comment

I didn't enjoy this ep as much ... maybe it was the combination of lack of Helen time which meant more of Will time plus what seemed like really poor acting on the part of the abnormals in the camp.

Glad Helen is back, and I have a feeling we may get teasers of what she's done over the past 113 years, but I doubt it'll be a full reveal at any time soon!

I found Abby totally palatable, which was a definite bonus

Is it just me, or did Henry seem a lot smaller during his transformations? Or was it just because he didn't fully change? Hmmmm....

Glad to hear the explanation of what's happening with Kate's storyline (as opposed to her just disappearing for no apparent reason) ... I do hope we get to see what's going on down there as the season progresses!

Did it bother anyone else that Helen just hung out (one might say 'hiding') monitoring the situation and apparently biding her time until she was finally discovered? Not to mention the timing on Henry noticing the feedback on his hack ... coincidence, or Helen had decided it was time to reveal herself, but on her own terms? Why the heck did she wait 'til that moment instead of stepping in earlier? Was it because she wanted the time to concentrate on evaluating the situation without being distracted by the politics? Hmmm...
                ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                ames on facebook
                ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                  Is it sad that I was much more focused on camera movements and the setup of scenes than I was in the actual story for this one? I guess that's what happens when Amanda is behind the screen more than she is in front of it. My mind wanders to other things.
                  I was doing the same thing!

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
                  I was so bummed that Helen told Will of her 113 year absence. A girl has to have her secrets, you know.
                  I'm sure she has plenty...

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post

Is it just me, or did Henry seem a lot smaller during his transformations? Or was it just because he didn't fully change? Hmmmm....
                    i think it was because he didn't transform all the way and was mostly standing next to that big thing...
                    sigpic

Comment

What happened? We ended this storyline of Into the Black with Will and Henry being all "they`re invading us! We`re at war!" and suddenly they`re determined to protect them at all costs! I won`t go as far as to say I was agreeing with Villanova, but the writing seemed very inconsistent between the seasons.

UGH ABBY. STFU. Magnus is presumed dead and global xenocide and anarchy are a real threat and she thinks it appropriate to talk about her exes and her office and go "HOLLOW EARTH?????LIKE HOLLOW EARTH????
                      So it looks like Damian et al have just dropped the location ambiguity and pretty much set Old City in the US. I guess it`s impossible to have a Canadian-set show broadcast internationally.
                      "What does it take to get a decent cup of coffee around here?" I wonder how many years it took Helen to come up with that line? So Magnus is just gonna tell Will everything? That`s the one thing none of us saw coming.
                      Guess I was right about Kate going with Garis. I`m kind of disappointed that they`re semi-sloving everything by having the go back to Hollow Earth. It could`ve been really interesting to see them trying to adapt to the surface.

Comment

I liked this episode. I thought I'd hate the second half, when atrocious Abby came into the picture, but she was actually a bit less repulsive. I could definitely still live without her though.

Other thoughts:

Not sure I like Kate just randomly running off to Hollow Earth. I'm gonna miss her .

Did anyone else notice something... Different about Biggie? I don't know why, but he just seemed a little different.

Oh my goodness, that creature thing that was arguing with Garris was down right creepy!!!

I too was surprised that Helen told Will that she'd been gone for 113 years. I can only imagine how much he's gonna pester her for more information now...

So, what exactly was controlling the abnormals?

BEAUTIFUL new shots of the Sanctuary! LOVE it!

I love Henry. Just sayin'.
                        Last edited by Dixie_Vampiress; 14 October 2011, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Kate didn't run off as much as she followed orders. She says as much, that she's following Magnus orders

As to Magnus waiting, I think she was staying back to allow Will to handle things. She likely needed to know that he could handle stuff if she died or the such and she was letting him do it. And had Henry not found the signal she may have remained hidden until it was all over.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ok, haven't read other comments yet. Just want to say, before I forget:

1. OMG!!! for Will and Abby acting like grownups and throwing some political weight around. I had no idea they had it in them (though Magnus must, she does keep Will).

2. Sounds like Abby has Mulder's old office. (Hope she's not screwing up any X-files!) She seem to also have his skill for hacking into parts of the bureau's system she shouldn't be in. If she continues to be useful - or becomes Mulder-esque - I may learn to tolerate her.

3. Sooooo good to hear Biggie's rumbley voice again.

4. LOVE that Leon Panetta (Secretary of Defense) would take Helen's call but not Will's. He hasn't even been in office that long! LOL

5. Magnus looked so happy to be back! I'd say glowing, even. I knew it was her the minute Henry started talking about a piggyback (that Will wouldn't know how to do, no offense) I KNEW Mama Magnus was back in town.

So, what's it take to get a decent cup of tea around here?

ETA:
                            Originally posted by ames View Post
                            Did it bother anyone else that Helen just hung out (one might say 'hiding') monitoring the situation and apparently biding her time until she was finally discovered? Not to mention the timing on Henry noticing the feedback on his hack ... coincidence, or Helen had decided it was time to reveal herself, but on her own terms? Why the heck did she wait 'til that moment instead of stepping in earlier? Was it because she wanted the time to concentrate on evaluating the situation without being distracted by the politics? Hmmm...
                            Bother? No. She did need to lay low and come back quietly. You know, just sort of be "found in the shuffle" as far as the big guys are all concerned, since she was officially MIA. I think she timed it well. She had a great handle on what was going on because she could look it over without constant interruption and Will arguing and pouting and distraction. Then she could get it moving in the right direction.

Love that once Magnus is the one on the video call, Dr. Lee drops everything to listen. The woman makes an impression!
                            Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 14 October 2011, 08:52 PM.
                            Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                            Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              Kate didn't run off as much as she followed orders. She says as much, that she's following Magnus orders

As to Magnus waiting, I think she was staying back to allow Will to handle things. She likely needed to know that he could handle stuff if she died or the such and she was letting him do it. And had Henry not found the signal she may have remained hidden until it was all over.
                              why do i get this ominous feeling about that?
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X