• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tempus (401)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON FOUR
    TEMPUS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 401
    Helen pursues Adam Worth to nineteenth-century London, where she must stop him from changing history -- while also avoiding her younger self and her friends.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 14 March 2021, 08:33 PM.

Alright, I guess I will kick this off with a question. And it's a spoiler. Where is the spoiler button??? I'll put it in white, highlight if you want to read it.

The description above states that they are in 1898 London, but in reality, John Druitt died in 1888 (of course ours didn't), as did the crime streak he was accused of. So why are we seeing people killed that way in 1898? I know they like to turn history on it's ear, but I thought they were sticking to the established time table?
    Last edited by Feast of the Muse; 07 October 2011, 07:09 PM.
    Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
    Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

I'm not sure I can answer that Feast of the Muse...

But all I have to say about the episode is: AWESOME!!!!!!

My jaw is on the ground right now!!!!! I'll try to make sense of it later when I have been able to process it better
      sigpic
      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Over 100 years? Where will she go?

Comment

Wow. What an amazing episode. I like how we got to see Helen completely afraid of and vulnerable to John, and then of course see her fight back. James was kind of annoying, to be frank, although him with the iPhone was hilarious. The ending was a bit unrealistic- do we really expect Helen Freaking Magnus to be able to lie low for 113 years? And I didn`t quite follow the Jack plotline- so James doesn`t know that John is the Ripper yet? And so he comes up with the theory that it was Spring-Heeled Jack, which he proposes to Past Helen? So then how is Jack a Sanctuary resident now? I should have paid more attention.

Comment

wow that was a good ep, and now there's a wait for the next one which i'm not used too...

wow! i was surprised when adam mad the building fall, and it accidentally killed the girl. though that does solve the timeline issue. and of course her killing adam stopped him from trying again. i do wonder what helen is going to do for 113 years. i mean she can interact with people in other parts of the world, just not long enough to make that much of an impression. and also change her name.

i loved all the scenes with watson. and of course the scene where she fights John (you go girl!). anyhow i can't wait for next week, especially after seeing previews.

edit: seems i didn't need to do that .
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Feast of the Muse View Post
              Alright, I guess I will kick this off with a question. And it's a spoiler. Where is the spoiler button??? I'll put it in white, highlight if you want to read it.

The description above states that they are in 1898 London, but in reality, John Druitt died in 1888 (of course ours didn't), as did the crime streak he was accused of. So why are we seeing John still killing people in 1898? I know they like to turn history on it's ear, but I thought they were sticking to the established time table?
              I will try to answer your question - John committed the Jack the ripper killing in 1888. Helen Time traveled to 1898 and the killings that were taking place were done back Jack, not John. You never see John kill anyone in the episode - just threaten Helen. The scar on his face was a clue that the ripper killings had already happened and Helen caught him. All the killing was done by Springhill Jack in this episode, a decade later that ripper
              Last edited by samcartersg1; 07 October 2011, 07:23 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

The description above states that they are in 1898 London, but in reality, John Druitt died in 1888 (of course ours didn't), as did the crime streak he was accused of. So why are we seeing John still killing people in 1898? I know they like to turn history on it's ear, but I thought they were sticking to the established time table?
                Spoiler button not needed here He was being accused of the crimes, but it was in fact, SpringHeeled Jack who was committing the crimes. I think he stopped by then, but this is Sanctuary so who knows
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                  Over 100 years? Where will she go?
                  I vote everywhere! That explains why we see Helen as even more kickass in the trailers for the new eps. Can you imagine how much more she's learned and done? Wow!!!
                  Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                  Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

She found Kwai Chang Caine and studdied Kung Fu
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I vote everywhere! That explains why we see Helen as even more kickass in the trailers for the new eps. Can you imagine how much more she's learned and done? Wow!!!
                      i really can't wait for this! i wonder how much different shes going to be, and what about her accent?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                        Wow. What an amazing episode. I like how we got to see Helen completely afraid of and vulnerable to John, and then of course see her fight back. James was kind of annoying, to be frank, although him with the iPhone was hilarious. The ending was a bit unrealistic- do we really expect Helen Freaking Magnus to be able to lie low for 113 years? And I didn`t quite follow the Jack plotline- so James doesn`t know that John is the Ripper yet? And so he comes up with the theory that it was Spring-Heeled Jack, which he proposes to Past Helen? So then how is Jack a Sanctuary resident now? I should have paid more attention.
                        My understanding from this eppy is that John Druitt is not JtR. In this eppy they said Spring Hill Jack was the one responsible for the JtR killings. Not real crazy about the idea given all the awesome James/ John dialog from S1 and of course what we have believed for the past 4 years. I'm not a big fan of the way they write John or rewrite John.

Otherwise great episode! I was glad they dedicated the entire episode to the Victorian era. I loved the set, costumes, etc. I really loved how James worried about future humanity lack of civility. Loved the music and the camera work as they showed both Helen's and both Adam's. I like the idea that Helen takes a 113 years off somewhere secluded. I'm guessing dear Watson visits from time to time to check on her and she makes new friends wherever she ends up. I think her being there will alter the future some, and I hope they explore what she did during those years. I hope they use it and don't push it under the rug.

Comment

Um, wow. That. Was Awesome. Totally confused about Jack though. I missed maybe about a minute of when he started talking to Helen. Anybody care to clarify, please?
                          Also, I suppose I was right about a paradox. Imogene didn't die of the "rare blood disease" so Adam never needed to deliver the Praxian cure. Maybe he'll go back and try to save her anyway (he probably don't even know that she was cured), but it'd still change everything we just saw.

This seemed like a completely different show, but I LOVED it. Pure awesomeness!!!!! Entirely worth the wait! Definitely looking forward to next week! This might actually be the BEST season ever...

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie_Vampiress View Post
                            Um, wow. That. Was Awesome. Totally confused about Jack though. I missed maybe about a minute of when he started talking to Helen. Anybody care to clarify, please?
                            Also, I suppose I was right about a paradox. Imogene didn't die of the "rare blood disease" so Adam never needed to deliver the Praxian cure. Maybe he'll go back and try to save her anyway (he probably don't even know that she was cured), but it'd still change everything we just saw.

This seemed like a completely different show, but I LOVED it. Pure awesomeness!!!!! Entirely worth the wait! Definitely looking forward to next week! This might actually be the BEST season ever...
                            I bet he'll do something else nuts. Even though Helen had nothing to do with Imogene's death, did you see that 1898 Adam still blamed it on her? She wasn't there in time. Seriously! He's got it out for her no matter what. He'll probably still try to take out London with gas, and still use Praxian technology to travel back in time, but this time to keep her from being taken out by the building. *rolls eyes at Adam* He's just a bad seed.

I missed the conversation with Jack, and for that matter with John... watching again in 30 mins.

Comment

But John had to have killed at least some, if not most of the girls. Otherwise he must have tried to deny it at some point during the 100 years since. He even brags and jokes about being the Ripper. Plus we saw him kill that one prostitute in the pilot. And the elemental wouldn`t have just sat there doing nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X