X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sanctuary singalong: ‘A scary Exorcist dark rock opera’
    The Globe and Mail
    marsha lederman

On the set of the made-in-B.C. series Sanctuary, the cast is doing something out of character. Prop guns and lab equipment set aside – at least temporarily – they’re trying out a new weapon in their fight: music. In a radical departure for the series, song meets science fiction in a musical episode that airs Friday.

“It wasn’t like we wrote an episode as an excuse to do music,” said series creator Damian Kindler on the Burnaby, B.C., set during a break in shooting a key scene earlier this year. “We wrote an episode that if you pulled the music out, it would still be a good episode.”

See the complete article here
    Beware! Spoilers abound.
    -

Comment

From Twitter:

AgamDarshi
      my first LA red carpet. not sure if i'd do the bellbottoms again...but you live an learn. ; )... fb.me/PmDv5ymr

AgamDarshi
      PS. the earings from my red carpet pic are from Melbourne for... $3. I LOVE cheap buys.

RyRobbins
      My sleepy visitors, @karynbaltzer & Henry... lockerz.com/s/158909617
      sigpic

Comment

From Twitter:

damiankindler
        'Sanctuary' preview: Will sings for love in 'Fugue' chicagotribune.com/entertainment/…

damiankindler
        The Sanctuary singalong: ‘A scary Exorcist dark rock opera’ theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/tele… via @globeandmail
        sigpic

Comment

From Twitter:

RobinDunne
          Fugue. Sanctuary. Tonight. @SanctuarySeries

RyRobbins
          Can't sleep, but knowing my house is full of awesomeness sure is soothing. @karynbaltzer , my daughter, our animals, all under one roof =

RyRobbins
          #Sanctuary #Fugue... Songs guaranteed to be stuck in your head for an undetermined length of time. You WILL sing. #truefact #justaskthecrew
          sigpic

Comment

From Facebook:

Sanctuary
            ?@SPACEChannel is asking: What do you think of the Will/Abby relationship on Sanctuary? http://www.spacecast.com/Sanctuary.aspx

We think people will have a lot of opinions AFTER tomorrow night's episode as well... you'll get to know Abby a lot better...

From Twitter:

SanctuarySeries
            If you want to tweet during tonite's musical ep of #Sanctuary we're gonna need a hashtag - ideas? #SanctuarySings? #FugueFri? #MagnusMusic?
            sigpic

Comment

From Twitter:

RobertLawrenson
              Sing. #Sanctuary

SanctuarySeries
              So many fun ideas for the hashtag! How 'bout we stick with the #SanctuaryIce" format from last week and go with #SanctuarySings...

GillianHorvath
              New Firefox just disabled half my add-ons, including Google toolbar. :-( Roll back, or roll on?

RobertLawrenson

I am the very model of a modern major general... #SanctuarySings
              Last edited by dipsofjazz; 25 November 2011, 02:42 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I just posted the Soundtracks of the musical episode here :
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvYkeMRJfYg

Comment

Chimera Sneak Peek http://youtu.be/hoymAdJXE6M
                  -

Comment

From Twitter:

@SanctuarySeries
                    Ok you guys, here we go! (we just sung that sentence) #SanctuarySings

Shout out to the Canucks out there! #SanctuarySings

Pascale Hutton (Abby) is trained in opera! yeah, she has pipes. #SanctuarySings

@RobinDunne's performance will tear your heart out tonight #SanctuarySeries

All the music + lyrics written by @damiankindler + our amazing composer Andrew Lockington - in one long weekend. Um..talent. #SanctuarySings

@RyRobbins sang that live, a capella while we filmed. Seriously. We know. Where are our tissues? #SanctuarySings

No joke, that parapet scene had so much of the crew all "misty-eyed" while filming #SanctuarySings

aw man. Just hand us the whole box of Kleenex, will ya? Oh Jim Byrnes. we heart you so much. #SanctuarySings

Indeed! Shout out to Anthem VFX and @LeeVFX! / @WormholeRiders Wonderful VFX this evening as well. Thank you. #SanctuarySings #Sanctuary

That was The Parting Glass. Lovely/RT @Nursekellybelly What was the name of the Irish song @RyRobbins sang? It was gorgeous. #sanctuarysings

So happy to have @amandatapping @RyRobbins @RobertLawrenson @GillianHorvath watching/singing along with all of us tonite! #SanctuarySings

Watch for a behind the scenes of Fugue on the Season 4 DVD box sets. Special feature with cast and crew during the filming. #SanctuarySings

Almost? We have seen it many times and we cried our eyes out! Again / @RK1DeathDealer best episode yet this season I almost cried during it
                    sigpic

Comment

From Twitter:

amandatapping
                      #SanctuarySings. Pascale Hutton has some serious pipes!! She's an amazing singer! Enjoy. Home for 48 hours. Hugs and sanctuary. Literally.

RobertLawrenson
                      Too busy singing along!! RT @PatriciaMarquis: @SanctuarySeries what happened to Robert, thought he was gonna tweet tonight?#SanctuarySings

RyRobbins
                      I hope you're all enjoying the #SanctuarySings episode tonight! Stepping out of comfort zones for your viewing pleasure!

amandatapping
                      #SanctuarySings. @RobinDunne and Pascale Hutton. Beautiful.

#SanctuarySings. And @RyRobbins is so lovely. In a manly, lovely way.

RobertLawrenson
                      So that's where Magnus gets her singing voice from! #SanctuarySings

amandatapping
                      #SanctuarySings. Emotionally rich episode for the actors. And then Jim Byrnes sings. Barely held it together when we filmed that scene.

GillianHorvath
                      #SanctuarySings feed moving too fast for me to keep up! LOVE IT!

My career seems to include more than the usual amount of #JimByrnes singing. #Sanctuary #SanctuarySings #Highlander Not complaining.

damiankindler
                      In honor of tonite's @SanctuarySeries musical ep, watched Mulan w my kids. #badasssingingheroines

amandatapping
                      #SanctuarySings. Night tweeps. Putting Liv to bed. Thanks for the support. For those on the west coast enjoy the episode!! Xoxo
                      sigpic

Comment

From Twitter:

GillianHorvath
                        @
                        Indeed. This is Act One. @skydiver119 #SanctuarySings I think we're gonna be dealing with the fallout of this for 5 more episodes or so.

So true. Even though it was all on green stage, @SanctuarySeries that parapet scene had much of the crew all "misty-eyed"

Jim Byrnes Music: amazon.com/Jim-Byrnes/e/B… My favorites: Walking Stick & That River. And if you haven't seen him in amazon.com/Highlander-Com…, Do.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary does Buffy: The Musical

by An Nicholson

In “Fugue,” a Hollow Earth abnormal infests Abby, while Magnus searches for the cure. In a musical science fiction death match, who did the genre better? 'Buffy' or 'Sanctuary'?

http://cliqueclack.com/tv/2011/11/26...n=social_media

Comment

Chimera promo http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KCHCHVDaJcM

Comment

The promo of Acolyte is up now. Nice to see Declan around, again!

sigpic
                              Sign by me

Comment

Chimera:

@GillianHorvath

One of my favorite BTS shots is Martin Wood scuttling down this hallway setting pace for the camera in this opening shot. #SanctuaryTue
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
                                'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
                                : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
                                I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
                                Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X