Terra Nova - Season 1 ratings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terra Nova - Season 1 ratings Thread

Terra Nova 1x03: ''Instincts'' was steady with last weeks two hour premiere with a 3.1 in the adults 18-49 demo

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...d-down/106073/

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
    Terra Nova 1x03: ''Instincts'' was steady with last weeks two hour premiere with a 3.1 in the adults 18-49 demo

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...d-down/106073/
    That seems pretty good (in the range of TNG, B5, Firefly, etc.). I think we've got a winner folks.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
      That seems pretty good (in the range of TNG, B5, Firefly, etc.). I think we've got a winner folks.
      That is some poor logic. With the exception of Firefly those shows weren't in primetime televison
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I really want this show to do well.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I really want this show to do well.
          It is doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            That is some poor logic. With the exception of Firefly those shows weren't in primetime televison
            Firefly only achieved half the viewers with far less competition. We have a winner.

Comment

Firefly only achieved half the viewers with far less competition. We have a winner.
              Firefly also aired almost a decade ago. The value of the numbers have changed
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Firefly also aired almost a decade ago. The value of the numbers have changed
                The competition (pirates and many more choice) has increased substantially since then too. Unless TPTB torpedo this it will be an enduring series.

Comment

Very surprised the numbers went up for the second episode. I do still expect them to drop off quite a bit as the season progresses though. That seems to be the trajectory of most new sci-fi shows, even more so given the underwhelming reception the show has gotten relative to the cost.

Comment

I choose to remain positive...this show will do well.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't know why I thought the numbers went up, I must have misread. They actually dropped from 9.2 million to 8.7 million, which is apparently much less of a drop than the critics expected.

Comment

The competition (pirates and many more choice) has increased substantially since then too. Unless TPTB torpedo this it will be an enduring series.
                        Piracy is a non factor to the networks. They aren't making any money off them
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Piracy is a non factor to the networks. They aren't making any money off them
                          people not watching live are people not watching live

There wasn't even DVR back in the firefly days and very few choices for viewers. Firefly is eating Terra Novas dust.

Comment

I really can't understand why you'd think that. The show premièred to underwhelming numbers, it's one of the most expensive shows to make around, the numbers are already falling off an the receptions has hardly been all that positive. I wouldn't even count on it getting a second season, let alone being 'enduring' in any sense.

Comment

This weeks episode was adjusted up to a 3.1 in the demo retaining 100% of its premiere audience! Very rare that this happens, and FOX sound mighty pleased by how its performing so far. If it keeps doing this then I am sure it is safe for a 2nd season.

Copy'ed and pasted from the main thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X