Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Series 7 News/Speculation/Discussion SPOILERS !

Its this time of year again to make a new thread for the snippets of information and spoilers that come out regarding Christmas and Series 7.
    Here is the place to become fully updated on anything regarding the Christmas Special or Series 7!
    This thread will be updated as soon as any news becomes available, whether its videos, pictures, articles or any other form of information.

Heres the first video for the thread!

Anyone notice the sounds of the Silence?

Also, filming for the Christmas Special would suggest that Karen will be returning, with Claire Skinner, Bill Bailey, Arabella Weir and Alexander Armstrong guest starring.

Speculate away!

Default Re: Christmas/Series 7 News/Speculation/Discussion Spoilers for all aired episodes

Filming on the Christmas special suspended

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv...es-strike.html
    Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Captain

Default Re: Christmas/Series 7 News/Speculation/Discussion Spoilers for all aired episodes

Isn't it quite late on in the year to not have the Christmas special already "in the bag"?

I suppose this would be a good place to ask this question: Has there been any news indicating when the soundtrack to series 6 will be released? I was going to post this a wee bit earlier but there was--ahem--an outage for GateWorld.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    I suppose this would be a good place to ask this question: Has there been any news indicating when the soundtrack to series 6 will be released? I was going to post this a wee bit earlier but there was--ahem--an outage for GateWorld.
    Ive had a little look around, cant find any news yet on a release date, Ill keep my eyes peeled and keep you posted, and let you know if I see any news.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Ive had a little look around, cant find any news yet on a release date, Ill keep my eyes peeled and keep you posted, and let you know if I see any news.
    Thanks. I'm a big fan of the series 5 soundtrack and I love listening to it, especially when commuting. There were some brilliant moments in the series 6 soundtrack and I'm really looking forward to being able to listen to them.

Grimm returns October 24

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Captain

"On the Fields of Trenzalore, on the Fall of the Eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a question will be asked. A question that must never ever be answered." - Dorium Maldovar (The Wedding of River Song)

We're (obviously) all(?) assuming that "the Eleventh" is our favourite "eleventh" Doctor. But, does he himself or anyone else in the universe consider him to be of that title? Or are we all jumping to conclusions and it's something completely different. That may/may not be addressed next season?

does he himself or anyone else in the universe consider him to be of that title?
    I would think not, for although Matt Smith may be the 11th actor to play the role of the Doctor, in story there has ever only been one Doctor with 11 different faces, so I doubt they would consider him "The 11th Doctor".

Quote Originally Posted by Quizziard View Post
    But, does he himself or anyone else in the universe consider him to be of that title?
    In 31.11 The Lodger, when explaining himself to Craig:

Craig: You're a—!
    Doctor: Yes.
    Craig: From—!
    Doctor: Ssh.
    Craig: You've got a TARDIS!
    Doctor: Yes. Ssh! Eleventh!

Quote Originally Posted by Carter1994 View Post
    In 31.11 The Lodger, when explaining himself to Craig:

Craig: You're a—!
    Doctor: Yes.
    Craig: From—!
    Doctor: Ssh.
    Craig: You've got a TARDIS!
    Doctor: Yes. Ssh! Eleventh!
    Very good point. I'd almost forgotten about that brief conversation with Craig. I think that's about as definitive self identification as the Eleventh Doctor as we're going to get.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/2011-christ...d-up-27199.htm

A roundup of what we know about the Christmas Special.

I was just thinking, it's a good thing that Dr. Who isn't an American program, because over here in the "land of the free" they wouldn't allow it be called a 'Christmas Special' these days, they would be forced to call it the 'Doctor Who: Holiday Special'. I hate that.

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/bailey-on-d...2011-27411.htm
    Bill Bailey on the Christmas Special.

Not quite right place, but..

Anyone know definitely - are Amy & Rory gone...? Or coming back?

Gillan said she was in WHO in 2012... but was before the series ended... so wasn't sure if that was just a furphy.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmichobo View Post
    Not quite right place, but..

Anyone know definitely - are Amy & Rory gone...? Or coming back?

Gillan said she was in WHO in 2012... but was before the series ended... so wasn't sure if that was just a furphy.
    Amy has been confirmed in the Christmas Special, and both Karen and Arthur have said they will be returning in Series 7, we juat dont know how yet, will probably be guest appearances, like Martha in Series 4.

I wonder who the Doctor's next regular companion will be?

Quote Originally Posted by 4thDoctor View Post
    I wonder who the Doctor's next regular companion will be?
    Is it possible to apply for that 'job' anywhere?
    Grimm returns October 24

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
    Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

I would definately apply!

Also, I think I just figured out one of the lines from the Silence that didnt really make sense.
    When they said to Amy "You will bring the Silence" and "Your part will soon be over".

She did bring the Silence to the Doctor because it was her daughter (River) that killed him, so she effectively brought his silence, because as we learn from TWORS, it is his Silence they are referring to.
    And also, her part will be over because they only needed the flesh Amy till the real Amy had had her baby, so thats why her part would soon be over.