Joe Flanigan in The Metal Hurlant Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Flanigan in The Metal Hurlant Chronicles

Joe announced at this past weekend's con (Entertainment Media Show and Collectormania London) that he will take part in filming an adaptation of Metal Hurlant Chronicles later this year.

Details from http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/31699 :

CANNES: WE Productions, Humanoids and Panini U.K. Media have unveiled the star talent on board for the sci-fi adventure Metal Hurlant Chronicles, among them Rutger Hauer.

Hauer (Blade Runner, Sin City, Hitcher) joins Scott Adkins (The Expendables 2, The Bourne Supremacy, X-men Origins), Michael Jai White (Black Dynamite, Blood and Bones, Spawn), Joe Flanigan (Stargate Atlantis, Warehouse 13, CSI) and James Marsters (Buffy, Angel, Smallville, Torchwood). Further cast announcements will be made at the end of the year.

Metal Hurlant Chronicles is an adaptation of the science-fiction comic books of the same name. The TV treatment for the sci-fi/action graphic novels is led by Guillaume Lubrano and produced by France's WE Productions and Humanoids with Pierre Spengler (Superman) and Fabrice Giger. Worldwide distribution is held by Panini U.K. Media. The first two seasons, each 12x30 minutes, will be delivered in April 2012 and November 2012, respectively.

Thanks to dontkillspike on LJ

ETA:
    Looks like it is a recurring part, not a guest role:

http://www.allocine.fr/series/castin...ml#actorsfirst

Other mentions of this project:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/02/...nt-chronicles/

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48410

(thanks to domjohn on LJ for above 3 links)
    Last edited by Lythisrose; 03 October 2011, 06:39 AM.
    sigpic

Oooh cool! Love to see JF working.
    sigpic

Comment

Besides the first I've already seen the links and I'm pretty sure, DomDom has her links from another LJ-user. But who am I ... ?

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
        Besides the first I've already seen the links and I'm pretty sure, DomDom has her links from another LJ-user. But who am I ... ?
        I'd be happy to credit anyone - I just saw these on domjohn's lj this morning for the first time! Just really happy to hear more Joe news.

Also, it looks like this is going to be an anthology series, so perhaps Joe and the other stars won't be appearing in every episode. As much as I'd love to see him in a series, I can't see him spending months away from home for filming an entire 12 eps.

I'm not all that familiar with Heavy Metal, were they individual stories in each edition?
        sigpic

Comment

Seriously, I have not a single clue. Not interested in comic-books since I became adult. Everything I can say is that I'm really, really surprised that JF signed up for this movie/show/whatever.

Sig & Avi by Josi
          sigpic
          LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

Seriously, I have not a single clue. Not interested in comic-books since I became adult. Everything I can say is that I'm really, really surprised that JF signed up for this movie/show/whatever.
            It does seem like the kind of project he likes to do though - action and sci-fi seem to be his thing.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's his thing, here I'm with you. Unfortunately I don't have much faith in French movies/shows - okay, a bit more than in German movies/shows but ... We will see the result *shrugs*

Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's his thing, here I'm with you. Unfortunately I don't have much faith in French movies/shows - okay, a bit more than in German movies/shows but ... We will see the result *shrugs*
                Well, I do hope it will be good!
                PS - Love your cat sig and avatar.

ETA: Here is the press announcement, it's a PDF, so if you can't open it it says:

WE Productions, Humanoïds and Panini U.K Media are proud to announce first name of the fabulous castselected for the TV Series season 1 :

SCOTT ADKINS (THE EXPENDABLES 2 , UNDISPUTED 2 & 3, THE BOURNE SUPREMACY,
                UNIVERSAL SOLDIER THE NEW DIMENSION, XMEN ORIGINS, ASSASSINATION GAME….)

MICHAEL JAI WHITE ( BLACK DYNAMITE, SPAWN, BLOOD AND BONES, THE DARK KNIGHT)

RUTGER HAUER ( BLADE RUNNER, SIN CITY, HITCHER, BATMAN BEGINS …)

JOE FLANIGAN (STARGATE ATLANTIS, WAREHOUSE 13, CSI, ...)

JAMES MARSTERS (BUFFY, ANGEL, SMALLVILLE, TORCHWOOD, HAWAI FIVE O )

Other Famous names will be announced at the end of the year.

ABOUT METAL HURLANT CHRONICLES TV SERIES : In the lineage of fantastic series such as Twilight Zone or The
                Outer Limits, Metal Hurlant Chronicles is the adaptation of the world renowned magazine of the same name. Discover
                the live versions of these exceptional comics by the writers of X MEN , BATMAN , SPIDERMAN , IRON MAN , GI JOE ,
                STAR WARS , SUPERMAN, BLADE etc,... Fitted for the international market, each episode is 26 minutes long an is
                composed of one storie involving Action, Heroic Fantasy, Science Fiction in english.
                The sci-fi/action graphic novels, "Metal Hurlant Chronicles" is helmed by Guillaume Lubrano and produced by French
                Producer WE Productions and Humanoids with Pierre Spengler (Superman) and Fabrice Giger.
                Further down in the release it lists which actors will be in which episode. Joe is in Episode 6. So it looks like each of the stars will be in one ep.

And another ETA: The Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4859161&v=wall
                Last edited by Lythisrose; 03 October 2011, 12:20 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Will be filmed in Belgium apparently... I wonder if I can find out where exactly.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    It does seem like the kind of project he likes to do though - action and sci-fi seem to be his thing.
                    Not really. Click here. He hasn't done that many action or science-fiction roles. He's guest starred once on Warehouse 13 and once on Fridge. He also starred in the low-budget and poorly received TV movie Ferocious Planet. This projects were likely the result of him being known as the star of Stargate: Atlantis.

Comment

Fridge? LOL! (sorry, that was a cute typo)
                      OK, since SGA he's guest starred on WH13 and Fringe, did Ferocious Planet and now Metal Hurlant, all sci-fi/fantasy type shows. He's been in a "modern-day western" called Good Day For It and just filmed a movie The Butcher with Jean Claude Van Damme, which are action. The only role he's taken since that wasn't some kind of action or scifi was Change of Plans for Fox.

ETA: Plus a couple of webisodes of The Jace Hall Show (gaming) which isn't technically scifi but he was running around in a V Suit (from the orig series) so I think it counts.

To Falcon Horus: that would be cool if you could find out where they are filming!
                      Last edited by Lythisrose; 10 October 2011, 06:38 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

My point is, he didn't get into science-fiction until after he landed his role on Stargate: Atlantis. Either he discovered he loves doing science-fiction projects or he's been type-casted and that's all he can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                          My point is, he didn't get into science-fiction until after he landed his role on Stargate: Atlantis. Either he discovered he loves doing science-fiction projects or he's been type-casted and that's all he can get.
                          From what he's said at several cons it's the former.
                          Here is an interview from the recent event in London where he talks about why he likes doing scifi and action projects at about 4:40:

PS: To FH - He said in an inteview he'll be going to Brussels for the filming.
                          Last edited by Lythisrose; 10 October 2011, 07:34 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Watching this reminds me that an Atlantis movie was scripted, but it'll never see the light of day as a production. I miss Sheppard and the gang. At least we have reruns and DVD's!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                              Sorry to correct you but he did scifi/mystery/fantasy BEFORE Atlantis. He was guest in "Tru Calling" and in "Birds of Prey".
                              About the "known as John Sheppard from Stargate: Atlantis" - this don't have to be him. As an artist, no matter what kind of art, you will always presented by the biggest success you had. To be true, I don't know how big is his ego and cannot say he never mentioned it.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X