Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Huh? I thought the show said all the ammo was non lethal.... Or are the 6ers exempt from that?
    non lethal? That slug that missed the commander plowed a pretty deep hole in that post. That round would have penetrated bone and flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
      non lethal? That slug that missed the commander plowed a pretty deep hole in that post. That round would have penetrated bone and flesh.
      Well maybe that other group the "sixers" have the deadly ammo but the Terra Nova people from the "goody goody" group have non lethal ammo for dinos... Spielberg even made a rule of no dino killing.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Well maybe that other group the "sixers" have the deadly ammo but the Terra Nova people from the "goody goody" group have non lethal ammo for dinos... Spielberg even made a rule of no dino killing.
        There are real guns for self defense and tranq guns for offense. There are dinos dying off screen.

Comment

I don't think grass had evolved back in the Mesozoic Era.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            And that it looked like fresh lawn cut grass too hehe.......

Comment

Modern grass, yes. But there was similar species back then, just that the dinosaurs never invented mowers to make it look pretty.

Comment

(you do the math and don't forget the very low efficiency of solar).
                unless the TN's have managed to apply quantum photon splitting to photovoltaic cells and actually DO get a good wattage per square meter.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  unless the TN's have managed to apply quantum photon splitting to photovoltaic cells and actually DO get a good wattage per square meter.
                  Very good point.

BTW who is your avatar is that GlaDos?

Comment

There would have been something functionally the same though (maybe some kind of fern). Grass fills a huge gap in the ecosystem.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      Getting above 20% is impossible regardless of technology with conventional panels.
                      Last edited by morrismike; 06 October 2011, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        Taylor said in the pilot that when he stepped through his team didn't make it through for 100 days (or something like that) despite being right behind him, so how come Jim comes through right after Shannon? Also the moon thing at the end was nonsense. It has moved, but in the grand scheme of things it's so little you'd never notice.
                        What he said was the team coming after him a little while later actually took 110 days. They weren't right behind but seperated by at least hours.

Comment

What he said was the team coming after him a little while later actually took 110 days. They weren't right behind but seperated by at least hours.
                          Actually...

TAYLOR: Most people know I was the first man through the portal, What people don't know is that the men who came through behind me, well they didn't show up on this end right away; for them it was just the blink of an eye, for me 118 days.

Comment

Even so, you'd think that there would be some more space between the people going through if 10 hours translates to 110 days.
                            sigpic

Comment

If there were solar powered it would require 1000s of square feet of panels on the roof. Irradiance is only about 0.15hp/square foot and solar cells have low efficiency. Assuming those vehicles are 1500 pounds the motors are at least 100 hp (you do the math and don't forget the very low efficiency of solar).
                              As I said though, They are quite a bit more advanced than now so they may have perfected solar energy quite a bit
                              Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                              McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                Even so, you'd think that there would be some more space between the people going through if 10 hours translates to 110 days.
                                He didn't state this happened all the time, It could just be a malfunction or something that may happen due to some gravitational flux or something? May be solar flare disrupted it? who knows
                                Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                                McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Working...
                                X