Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 93
  1. #21
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    The buggies should have a XM307 as the gun on top instead of what they have. This would one shot kill a Trex.

  2. #22
    First Lieutenant Steam's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Uk, England, Bath
    Posts
    621

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by senilegreen View Post
    One of the things I really didn't like about the story, and I think can be thought of as a great "inconsistency", was the vehicles running on batteries. The problem here is generating the electricity in the first place to charge the batteries. The writers/producers did throw in a few windmills... but as other people have pointed out the windmills are placed in a valley between two high mountains in a region that appears to not be too windy (notice the brief image of the windmills if you view the pilot again.)

    The second issue is with electric vehicles is the capacity of the batteries vs. the weight. Now, you might claim that in 2149 that humans have developed much better batteries than we have now, but if that is a case then why is the environment so screwed up in 2149?

    Thirdly, and this is common with so much of the new colony's design, is that the colony isn't large enough to support the expertise and industry to ever repair and then replace these machines. Are they expecting continual deliveries from the future forever?

    I suppose there will be many sorts of these things in the show, but these kind of internal logical gaps in stories weakens them, I believe.
    I thought they were Solar powered?

    If they are solar powered they would be alot more efficient than what we have now, due to the fact in there original time the sky was pretty much blotted out so they would have had to counter that some how? maybe? Possibly? lol
    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

    Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

    http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

  3. #23
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,100

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by morrismike View Post
    Pichlorom or a Grazeon PD (agent white) would keep the fence clear of weeds. I would agree with the points on the fence.

    There should also be a XM307 on those dune buggies instead of what they are using. One shot kills of anything on that planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrismike View Post
    The buggies should have a XM307 as the gun on top instead of what they have. This would one shot kill a Trex.
    Not going to happen.

    Stupid Spielberg has said there will be NO dino killing on Terra Nova but they can kill the humans... He's gone nuts.

  4. #24
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    gone...
    Posts
    4,787

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Not going to happen.

    Stupid Spielberg has said there will be NO dino killing on Terra Nova but they can kill the humans... He's gone nuts.
    If he did, they the animal rights ppl would complain...

  5. #25
    Major General LtColCarter's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    14,148

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Not going to happen.

    Stupid Spielberg has said there will be NO dino killing on Terra Nova but they can kill the humans... He's gone nuts.
    I thought he was already there! j/k

  6. #26
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,933

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Taylor said in the pilot that when he stepped through his team didn't make it through for 100 days (or something like that) despite being right behind him, so how come Jim comes through right after Shannon? Also the moon thing at the end was nonsense. It has moved, but in the grand scheme of things it's so little you'd never notice.

  7. #27
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,100

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by KEK View Post
    Taylor said in the pilot that when he stepped through his team didn't make it through for 100 days (or something like that) despite being right behind him, so how come Jim comes through right after Shannon? Also the moon thing at the end was nonsense. It has moved, but in the grand scheme of things it's so little you'd never notice.
    The Moon looked a hell of a lot closer to Earth too.... I guess they don't have much ocean there or gravitational effects LOL

  8. #28
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by Steam View Post
    I thought they were Solar powered?

    If they are solar powered they would be alot more efficient than what we have now, due to the fact in there original time the sky was pretty much blotted out so they would have had to counter that some how? maybe? Possibly? lol
    If there were solar powered it would require 1000s of square feet of panels on the roof. Irradiance is only about 0.15hp/square foot and solar cells have low efficiency. Assuming those vehicles are 1500 pounds the motors are at least 100 hp (you do the math and don't forget the very low efficiency of solar).

  9. #29
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Not going to happen.

    Stupid Spielberg has said there will be NO dino killing on Terra Nova but they can kill the humans... He's gone nuts.
    I can guarentee those slashers with bodies full of lead crawled off into the brush to die. That is real life ammo in those automatic weapons. Dinos are dieing, trust me.

  10. #30
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,100

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by morrismike View Post
    I can guarentee those slashers with bodies full of lead crawled off into the brush to die. That is real life ammo in those automatic weapons. Dinos are dieing, trust me.
    Huh? I thought the show said all the ammo was non lethal.... Or are the 6ers exempt from that?

  11. #31
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Huh? I thought the show said all the ammo was non lethal.... Or are the 6ers exempt from that?
    non lethal? That slug that missed the commander plowed a pretty deep hole in that post. That round would have penetrated bone and flesh.

  12. #32
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,100

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by morrismike View Post
    non lethal? That slug that missed the commander plowed a pretty deep hole in that post. That round would have penetrated bone and flesh.
    Well maybe that other group the "sixers" have the deadly ammo but the Terra Nova people from the "goody goody" group have non lethal ammo for dinos... Spielberg even made a rule of no dino killing.

  13. #33
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Well maybe that other group the "sixers" have the deadly ammo but the Terra Nova people from the "goody goody" group have non lethal ammo for dinos... Spielberg even made a rule of no dino killing.
    There are real guns for self defense and tranq guns for offense. There are dinos dying off screen.

  14. #34
    Major Infinite-Possibilities's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,689

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    I don't think grass had evolved back in the Mesozoic Era.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

    *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

    "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

    "Elizabeth..."

  15. #35
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,100

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I don't think grass had evolved back in the Mesozoic Era.
    And that it looked like fresh lawn cut grass too hehe.......

  16. #36
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    gone...
    Posts
    4,787

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I don't think grass had evolved back in the Mesozoic Era.
    Modern grass, yes. But there was similar species back then, just that the dinosaurs never invented mowers to make it look pretty.

  17. #37
    Lieutenant General thekillman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My Throne in Heaven
    Posts
    18,727

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    (you do the math and don't forget the very low efficiency of solar).
    unless the TN's have managed to apply quantum photon splitting to photovoltaic cells and actually DO get a good wattage per square meter.

  18. #38
    Colonel
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Travelling the river Iss
    Posts
    7,100

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by thekillman View Post
    unless the TN's have managed to apply quantum photon splitting to photovoltaic cells and actually DO get a good wattage per square meter.
    Very good point.

    BTW who is your avatar is that GlaDos?

  19. #39
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I don't think grass had evolved back in the Mesozoic Era.
    There would have been something functionally the same though (maybe some kind of fern). Grass fills a huge gap in the ecosystem.

  20. #40
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,137

    Default Re: Inconsistencies 101 : SPOILERS S1

    Quote Originally Posted by thekillman View Post
    unless the TN's have managed to apply quantum photon splitting to photovoltaic cells and actually DO get a good wattage per square meter.
    Getting above 20% is impossible regardless of technology with conventional panels.
    Last edited by morrismike; October 6th, 2011 at 03:11 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Inconsistencies
    By Aerilon in forum Supernatural
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: December 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM
  2. Inconsistencies Across Canon
    By The Mastage Kidd in forum Star Trek
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: October 16th, 2009, 03:43 AM
  3. Inconsistencies
    By feifei in forum SG-1 Science and Tech
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2006, 12:52 AM
  4. Wow, Inconsistencies (All spoilers)
    By Furling God in forum SGA General Discussion
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: July 21st, 2005, 09:11 AM
  5. Inconsistencies?
    By yuilsa in forum SG-1 General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: August 26th, 2004, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •