• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Remains (104)

Visit the Episode GuideTERRA NOVA - SEASON ONE
    WHAT REMAINS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 104
    After Terra Nova loses contact with a scientific research outpost, Commander Taylor and Elizabeth investigate and find the scientists suffering from a virus that causes severe memory loss and dissociative disorder. Josh’s blossoming relationship with Skye hits a roadblock.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by Darren; 19 October 2011, 01:21 PM.

Seemed like a good episode.
    sigpic

Comment

It was o.k. Hope they move the sixers storyline on a little more, like, who they are (at least) and maybe some hint on their agenda.

Comment

it wasn't bad....but seems pretty formulamatic in pretty much everything.

don't get me wrong, fun to watch. But.....not much zing
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

What is the deal with the sixers? I'm guessing this story is what the whole things is really all about.

Comment

I got the impression I was watching the Terra Nova version of "Naked Time".

I was also surprised that Elisabeth assumed that the mystery root was what was responsible for Jim not not becoming infected. Why wouldn't she assume that it might just be due to his cold. His nasal passages could be blocked just enough to prevent him from being infected.

Ah, now she figures it out.

The Sixer bit at the end was interesting in that we have been shown that they can establish contact even if the portal is not open. It will be interesting to see the mechanism/process which is used to achieve this. It will also be interesting to see if they condense the time frame and introduce the gf this season or wait until season two.

regards,
            G.
            Last edited by Gollumpus; 10 October 2011, 08:02 PM.
            Go for Marty...

Comment

A good episode that continues detailing broader aspects of Terra Nova, while combining the story with a new crisis. At first, my attention drifted as the premise reminded me of the Stargate Atlantis episode, "Tabula Rasa." When the cause of the disease is uncovered, the show had my full attention again.

I wish that Malcolm had been introduced as someone who doesn't get along with John, without the "wife's ex-boyfriend" baggage. If trying to get with a married woman isn't a big enough indicator of Malcolm's moral fiber, then his willingness to abandon an injured soldier in this episode should do it.

I think it is interesting that Terra Nova has an established black market. The Sixers involvement with the enterprise is also interesting. Mira's episode ending bombshell for this week is a biggie, and knocks some of the shine off of Taylor.

All in all, a good episode, and an improvement over last week's episode. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
              My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
                A good episode that continues detailing broader aspects of Terra Nova, while combining the story with a new crisis. At first, my attention drifted as the premise reminded me of the Stargate Atlantis episode, "Tabula Rasa." When the cause of the disease is uncovered, the show had my full attention again.

I wish that Malcolm had been introduced as someone who doesn't get along with John, without the "wife's ex-boyfriend" baggage. If trying to get with a married woman isn't a big enough indicator of Malcolm's moral fiber, then his willingness to abandon an injured soldier in this episode should do it.

I think it is interesting that Terra Nova has an established black market. The Sixers involvement with the enterprise is also interesting. Mira's episode ending bombshell for this week is a biggie, and knocks some of the shine off of Taylor.

All in all, a good episode, and an improvement over last week's episode. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
                Hmmm...I didn't think that Malcolm knew that she was married when she arrived. Plus, at this point, we're just making assumptions that he had something to do with her arrival (unless I slept through that scene).
                sigpic

Comment

I got the impression that Malcom knew she was married, but thought that Jim would still be in jail in 2149 when she was recruited to come (and suggested her for the recruiting) So he thought she would come alone-and Jim would be unlikely to ever come. Or at least that's what Jim accused him of in last week's episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                    I got the impression that Malcom knew she was married, but thought that Jim would still be in jail in 2149 when she was recruited to come (and suggested her for the recruiting) So he thought she would come alone-and Jim would be unlikely to ever come. Or at least that's what Jim accused him of in last week's episode.
                    Its possible...I have slept since then!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Hmmm...I didn't think that Malcolm knew that she was married when she arrived. Plus, at this point, we're just making assumptions that he had something to do with her arrival (unless I slept through that scene).
                      Taylor told John that Malcolm recommended Elisabeth for Terra Nova. Without knowing the exact time frame, there's no way to know if of Malcolm's recommendation occurred before or after John was imprisoned. I think if Malcolm knew enough about Elisabeth's current situation to recommend her for Terra Nova, he probably knew that she is currently married, and that John was in jail. It seems that Malcolm dated Elisabeth some 17 years or so earlier, before her marriage/relationship with John (guess-timating based on Josh's age).
                      My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

A fairly run-of-the mill sci-fi episode. Terra Nova's version of Tabula Rasa I suppose. Not bad, but not particularly inspiring either. I guessed that the cold would be the answer long before the characters did, which is always annoying. A decent hour of telly, but I can't help feel that these writers aren't really up to date with modern sci-fi audiences. I think the show needs to up it's game.

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
                          Taylor told John that Malcolm recommended Elisabeth for Terra Nova. Without knowing the exact time frame, there's no way to know if of Malcolm's recommendation occurred before or after John was imprisoned. I think if Malcolm knew enough about Elisabeth's current situation to recommend her for Terra Nova, he probably knew that she is currently married, and that John was in jail. It seems that Malcolm dated Elisabeth some 17 years or so earlier, before her marriage/relationship with John (guess-timating based on Josh's age).
                          Ahhh..oklie doklie...now I remember...but its Jim not John
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Its possible...I have slept since then!
                            Well Jim did accuse him of that but Malcolm denied it, It wasn't clear whether he knew she was married or not.
                            But I remember Jim saying "You thought I'd still be in jail, didn't you? Then you'd have a clear shot at her" I'm paraphrasing don't know if those were the exact words. Malcom said something to the effect of "What are you talking about I didn't know any of that? " or something like that...so I'm assuming we'll find out who was right later on.

Comment

I really liked this episode a lot, even though the concept has been done before and it was predictible. I knew from the previews that it was going to be a memory loss episode, so I was reminded of Tabula Rasa(one of my favorite SGA eps) right away; and as soon as the father got a cold I knew he wasn't going to get infected with the pathogen(that reminded me of the SGA ep Irresistible).
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X