Instinct (103)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    i liked the episode. however i am completely NOT getting the vibe that dinosaurs are dangerous. remember that humanity extincted most really powerful races.

they're 85 million years in the past but it really is played like it's like they're in their own time in a jungle.
    the sizers used a big gun and shot a carnotaur in the foot and it then got back up and kept running, seems dangerous.

thats because its impossible to find anything remotely like what was 85 million years ago, we only know like 10% of everything that existed back then.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      i liked the episode. however i am completely NOT getting the vibe that dinosaurs are dangerous. remember that humanity extincted most really powerful races.

they're 85 million years in the past but it really is played like it's like they're in their own time in a jungle.
      It would be a simple matter for them to kill the dangerous stuff. The east asians came to America and exterminated the megafauna 10000 years ago (short faced bear, smiladon, megalion, megacheetah, dire wolf, etc.) and those predators were replaced with mountain lions, grizzly bears, black bears, red and timber wolves. White people have thinned out the major predators and now we're covered up in coyotes. The jurrasic version of a coyote might be a pretty nasty critter or maybe something like a troodon. I'm all for them defending themselves and instilling fear in the local critters but killing them all is harsh. To an individual human the fauna is lethal, to a community with proper arms, roving bands of Trex are like cockroaches ready to be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gollumpus View Post
        Anyone else thinking about "The Birds" while this episode was on?
        Not just very similar scenes from The Birds; I got a Pitch Black vibe when the mass of pterosaurs formed a dark ribbon in the sky.

I give the two-hour premier 5 out of 5 stars; I give this episode 2.5 out of 5 stars. The bad: the "past lover gets doctor to Terra Nova" storyline is cliche, and made me reluctant to view the episode. Aside from setting up a dubious love/stalker triangle, the episode does not expand on many aspects of Terra Nova. The good: the first episode's pouty, angsty, teen drama queen behavior from the son is gone. And, the episode shows the Shannons adapting to their new home, and also to the father's return.

I think the episode is viewable filler, which I think is a strange choice so early in the season. I still think the father, and the oldest daughter, are the most interesting characters. I lost some respect for the character of the mother. The ex-boyfriend did everything except spray water from his mouth, while his eyes did a cartoon-y pop out of his head, when he saw her husband, who the ex thought was stuck in 2149. And, he remembers details about their relationship that were not important enough to her to remember. And, there is a creepy, stalker sheen to him. Yet, she doesn't seem to notice any of these things.

I will watch the show tonight. I hope it is like the two hour premier, and not similar to this episode.
        My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

1. Those damn things seemed like a cross between crows and psychopathic Arctic terns(those things can go seriously beserk if you're on their turf!)

2. Gooey stuff...ewww!

3. Not that fussed about the currency.

4. Malcolm...I know how the guy must feel but he was being a bit too cocky for his own good. Firstly there was no way he could garuntee that Jim wouldn't break out of prison to join his family and secondly that Elisabeth would still just fall into his arms. Can't blame him for trying but still quite a gamble.

OK ep but looks like it's settling into "OK way to burn an hour" territory.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Yawn

This episode is boring. At no point did I feel any suspense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
              Yawn

This episode is boring. At no point did I feel any suspense.
              We felt it for you!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                1. Those damn things seemed like a cross between crows and psychopathic Arctic terns(those things can go seriously beserk if you're on their turf!)

2. Gooey stuff...ewww!

3. Not that fussed about the currency.

4. Malcolm...I know how the guy must feel but he was being a bit too cocky for his own good. Firstly there was no way he could garuntee that Jim wouldn't break out of prison to join his family and secondly that Elisabeth would still just fall into his arms. Can't blame him for trying but still quite a gamble.

OK ep but looks like it's settling into "OK way to burn an hour" territory.
                What was the gamble? Regardless he gets to be around a friend.

Comment

He wanted her as more of a friend though. Yes Jim's reaction to him was OTT but...
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I thought the episode was pretty good... Lol

Would have been nice seeing them catch the male and female, and also them releasing the pheramone, but we cant see everything. Probably not shown for budget reasons...
                    Really enjoying this series so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      I thought the episode was pretty good... Lol

Would have been nice seeing them catch the male and female, and also them releasing the pheramone, but we cant see everything. Probably not shown for budget reasons...
                      Really enjoying this series so far.
                      ever shot a bird with a bb gun? There isn't much to it.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                        ever shot a bird with a bb gun? There isn't much to it.
                        But when theres a flock of thousands of them nearby? =P

Comment

Working...
                        X