Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Girl Next Door (703)

Originally posted by IMDb
    Dean is furious after Sam disappears to follow a lead on a case with clues that are identical to a case Sam solved as a kid. The demon turns out to be Amy, who has been killing low-life thugs and taking their brains for dinner - the same demon Sam found as a kid.
    Original Air Date 10/7/2011
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

so.....what was with Sam bringing CAKE and not pie???????
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
      so.....what was with Sam bringing CAKE and not pie???????
      The cake is a pie!
      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Sorry, couldn't resist ;-)

I guess it was because Sammy just had other things on his mind than bringing Dean pie - or he just couldn't find one. That shop didn't look that good equipped.

What is the difference between cake and pie anyway? What Dean wants and what he gets is both "Kuchen" in my language.

Towards the episode: I likes it, wasn't as great as the first two, but a good one to turn down the pace a little bit and have a monster of the week again. Loved little Sammy in the flashbacks!

I did not like that Dean killed Amy - if he walks that path he should have killed the kid, too, because without his mother (and her job at the mortuary) he now will be forced to kill to get what he needs.
        The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post

I guess it was because Sammy just had other things on his mind than bringing Dean pie - or he just couldn't find one. That shop didn't look that good equipped.

What is the difference between cake and pie anyway? What Dean wants and what he gets is both "Kuchen" in my language.

Towards the episode: I likes it, wasn't as great as the first two, but a good one to turn down the pace a little bit and have a monster of the week again. Loved little Sammy in the flashbacks!

I did not like that Dean killed Amy - if he walks that path he should have killed the kid, too, because without his mother (and her job at the mortuary) he now will be forced to kill to get what he needs.
          First off, loved the episode. Second, yeay another german. Even in German there is a difference between Kuchen/Cake and Torte/Pie. A pie is what you can throw in others Peoples faces, and a Cake is something for Birthdays.

I had some sort of a Deja-vu when Dean told the Kid to come look for him once hes older. I think there was a similar Scene in the "Kill Bill" movies.
          Last edited by tomstone; 08 October 2011, 10:10 AM.
          Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
          Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
          There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Dean never gets pie....

Interesting ep. Though didn't enjoy it as much as the previous two. Story was a bit slow, and I didn't like the editing in places. Flashback transitions were good but the fast cutting back and forth in some scenes was a bit annoying. Otherwise I thought JA did a good job directing.

At least when Amy killed that guy she was a bit like Dexter and went for some lowlife drug dealer. I didn't really think Dean would kill her. Liked how they filmed it, but not quite sure I agree with what Dean did. I wonder if tptb were forced to take the easy way out and not kill the kid because the network (CW) wouldn't allow it. Kid may have not killed anyone with his own hands yet, but he soon would have to now. Dean's reasoning there made no sense other than to spare himself the guilt of having killed a kid.

Now how would those Leviathans know what aliases Sam and Dean use other than I think the head bad guy must still be inhabiting Cas's body and thus has access to his knowledge. After those others have said lines about reporting to someone higher up, I've wondered if that is how they have left the door open to eventually bring Cas back.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

The cake is a pie!

cake is more sponge like, and usually has sweet frosting on it. Pie has a pastry crust, sometimes on top as well and usually has a fruit filling, or some sort of pudding like filling. They are completely different, not close at all.
              sigpic

Comment

I hope Sam finds out what Dean did. He had no right doing that after letting Sam live after Sam killed innocent people as well while he was soulless. Dean is quite the hypocrite

Comment

I really liked this episode, but I didn't like Dean killing Amy either. He could have let her go. He should have honored Sam's wishes.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I loved the ep as well anyone else notice dean had jeans on underneath the cast also the my bloddy valentine referance I think Dean should have let her live and that line was stright from kill bill
                    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                    sigpic

Comment

I really loved the fact that Dean killed Amy in cold blood. I think what it demonstrated was the old style hunter mentality. That instict of "It's not human so we kill it." Yeah it makes Dean a hypocrite but I think he'd be the first to admit that he is.

also

Amy Pond.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I hated that Dean killed her...which made me LOVE that they had Dean kill her! I love that they were brave enough to have our hero do something so unlikable and didn't tiptoe around it. Was he right? I don't know, but to still be able to shock me after 6+ years (with something other than the gore factor)? I'm impressed.

P.S. love love love the close Bobby-Dean relationship being highlighted so much this season.

P.P.S. Cake is NOT pie! Our family always has birthday pie because we figured out years ago that none of us really like cake...but we all love pie! Bad Sam!! :-p

Comment

Crichiel!!! What a great surprise to see you again :-) Good to know that you haven't given up on the show entirely!!
                          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Crichiel!!! What a great surprise to see you again :-) Good to know that you haven't given up on the show entirely!!
                            Aw thanks, iolanda. It's nice to know I was missed. I never stopped watching the show (I don't think that's possible!). The quality of the show itself never went down, I was just very unhappy with the direction the storyline took for most of the last season. I had already made that pretty clear on numerous posts, so I didn't feel like I needed to KEEP complaining about it.

So far this season, I am really enjoying this direction they're taking. It's great combination of old school Supernatural while still incorporating all it's great history and mythology.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                              I really loved the fact that Dean killed Amy in cold blood. I think what it demonstrated was the old style hunter mentality. That instict of "It's not human so we kill it." Yeah it makes Dean a hypocrite but I think he'd be the first to admit that he is.

also

Amy Pond.
                              Heh. Some one there must be a Doctor Who fan. I went to school with a girl with the same name.

And yeah I like the fact that they had Dean kill her even though I didn't quite agree with him doing it.
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                              X